Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E22: Eviction #7, Head of Household #8

• Start Topic

Day got a nice edit. They left out most of her attacks on David. And yes, her speech was way too long. 

Did anyone else see Wheel of Fortune tonight? They had a phrase that any Big Brother fan would know - “at the end of the day.” I guessed it fairly quickly. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

Day got a nice edit. They left out most of her attacks on David.

Well... TPTB have been airing Day’s reamings of David pretty regular for the last couple of episodes, so I don’t think too much got left out.

7 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

And yes, her speech was way too long. 

Absolutely no disagreement there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I agree with the sentiment but not the delivery/style/length of Day's speech and that is what it was, a speech. It was put on a little thick.

It was yet another odd Julie moment claiming someone was 'laying in god's arms'. Maybe this particular person wasn't so into the god thing? Made me rather uncomfortable.

And just like when Julie started using Chen-Moonves and is forever stuck with it seems she has taken on this platitudes thing full time now. I won't say much about tonight's though as I'm indeed going to be slow to anger. But I do know I think the whole thing is holier than thou bullshit.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 18

Nicole waited too long to tell Day, and it will cost her the game if Nicole somehow makes the final two. Day basically said as much to Julie in a very diplomatic way.

Nicole and Dani overplayed themselves into a corner.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I swear I wasn't spoiled, but about 5 seconds before Will popped out on the balcony I thought- 'I bet it's Dr. Will !"  Then I immediately doubted myself & thought no, it's gonna be Mr. Pectacular. Because this season sucks and he's annoying as hell, so why not ? But, surprise. Now, do something to improve this stupid game, doctor !!

I feel a little bad for Day because it seems like she really wanted to do well this time, but I'm kind of glad she now out. I think she was in a hopeless situation, she was never going to make any headway with this group, so she's better off going to jury. 

Not too many left to root for, really. I guess the least objectionable would be Tyler, at this point. He's actually had to  make some good moves & has a pretty good read of what is going on. However, if I had a choice, I'd probably say " None of the above". Glad I don't have to choose a winner !

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Coco88 said:

Will looks like Dracula.  That’s all I have to say.

Called it! Will was one of my neighbour picks. Wow, if your plastic surgery is obvious when your head is the size of a pea on my screen, then you've gone too far. Not great advertising, Dr. Will. 

The whole "Nicole's Lie" story actually had me on edge. I assumed Day forgave Nicole when she hugged her on the way out, only to discover she didn't know! I'll bet Day goes through a tsunami of emotions once she's alone and has time to process what she just found out. I don't think forgiveness is in the cards. At all. 

Edited by Melina22
Avoiding controversy is my motto.
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Coco88 said:

Aside from the botox or whatever, it seemed like he went way heavy on the makeup.  Super pale concealer and red lipstick definitely added to the living dead look.  Considering there is no one left that I like I hope he torments them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Coco88 said:

My first impression when Will walked out?  
I was wondering, “why is Kyle McLaughlin reprising his ‘The Captain’ role from ‘How I Met Your Mother’ on BB?”

• LOL 10

Day’s speech was so over long, I went to go make dinner and when I returned she was still going. 😂 Perhaps if she actually played well this season her speech would have been more earned, but her whole strategy seemed to be “Give me the win just because I’m Black, even though I suck at comps and at reading people and at making alliances!” 

What was the big deal with her Veto speech anyway? She called out people that weren’t even aligned. It didn’t seem like a huge blowout to me, at least what we saw on TV. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

Day’s speech was so over long, I went to go make dinner and when I returned she was still going. 😂 Perhaps if she actually played well this season her speech would have been more earned, but her whole strategy seemed to be “Give me the win just because I’m Black, even though I suck at comps and at reading people and at making alliances!” 

What was the big deal with her Veto speech anyway? She called out people that weren’t even aligned. It didn’t seem like a huge blowout to me, at least what we saw on TV. 

I was flipping back & forth between BB and the Mysteries Decoded show on the CW ( please don't judge !! :0 ) I just don't care to hear these speeches that they give just before the vote. It's pointless & I wish they would just stop them. Has any vote ever been changed by anything someone said ? I'm sure it has happened but not very often. I can't remember it ever having an effect.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, willco said:

I just don't care to hear these speeches that they give just before the vote. It's pointless & I wish they would just stop them. Has any vote ever been changed by anything someone said ?

This is my least favorite part of any BB week second only to the 'Why You Should Use The Veto On Me' speeches. Too many damned speeches. I know they are kept for draaaahhhmaa purposes but they are so old and tired at this point they make me cringe (or hit fast forward). This show needs to break free from it's formula, it's played out.

• Love 11

I honestly had no idea that was Will right when he walked out.  I thought it might have been Kevin from BB19.  Then they got a better camera angle and he started talking. 

I thought his hair was dark when he did the whole jury mod thing last summer.  What Just For Men is no longer available during an pandemic?  Granted I was going bald in my early 30's but nobody needs to know that...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, vb68 said:

Nicole waited too long to tell Day, and it will cost her the game if Nicole somehow makes the final two. 

No way is Nicole making F2. I’ll be surprised if Nicole makes it past triple eviction week.

1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

Called it! Will was one of my neighbour picks. Wow, if your plastic surgery is obvious when your head is the size of a pea on my screen, then you've gone too far. Not great advertising, Dr. Will. 

Bad advertising, indeed. It’s like seeing a hairdresser with a botched dye job, or a carpenter with no thumbs. If a plastic surgeon can’t make himself look good, who can? Time to find a new Botox supplier, Doc Kirby.

So who’s going out next, Kevin/Dani/Nicole or Kevin/David/Tyler? Either way, fuck Memphis for including Krampus in one of his Final Threes. It’s well past time for that holiday season to end.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

The whole "Nicole's Lie" story actually had me on edge. I assumed Day forgave Nicole when she hugged her on the way out, only to discover she didn't know!

My impression was that Nicole was trying to whisper to her but it just didn't work with Davonne having no idea what Nicole was doing. Lol

And I for one could care less how long Day's speech took. It was the best part of the whole episode, and she was actually saying something. It wasn't the usual prattle of "This has been so much fun. I LOVE all you guys! Best Friends Forever!"   She was saying something she deeply felt and unbeknownst to her, it  matched news on the outside more than she could have guessed. No way Julie would have quashed that. That would had been an awful look.  And she slyly called the smug power group on their crap. Win, win.   

Edited by vb68
  • Love 18

Memphis, with his 2 3-way Final 2 deals, is going to wind up stepping on his own dick. He's just not that smart, even though he thinks he is.

Dr. Will looks like he's been embalmed. Dear God, I would be having nightmares if I had to look at that every day.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

No way is Nicole making F2. I’ll be surprised if Nicole makes it past triple eviction week.

I certainly hope not; Frazzle is my fantasy pick for DE elimination.  😁

2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Bad advertising, indeed. It’s like seeing a hairdresser with a botched dye job, or a carpenter with no thumbs. If a plastic surgeon can’t make himself look good, who can? Time to find a new Botox supplier, Doc Kirby.

Well, I really doubt Will is doing surgery on himself .... 😄

Not a good ad for his plastic surgeon, though.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Well, I really doubt Will is doing surgery on himself .... 😄

Not a good ad for his plastic surgeon, though.

It doesn’t say great things for Will’s judgment. He let some hack mutilate his face! Multiple times, from the look of it.  😬

You know things are bad when Boogie is the better looking one.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, vb68 said:

My impression was that Nicole was trying to whisper to her but it just didn't work with Davonne having no idea what Nicole was doing. Lol

Those were my exact thoughts as well. 

Going back the the whole Davonne/David conversation about the vote, I know she has terrible reads but I really cannot blame her for that bad read.  Mainly because David had a smirk on his face similar to the one that Brett was giving Blockstar when Blockstar was going off about her daughter's birthday.

David tends to do that a lot I notice in conversations.  I notice it because I do the exact same thing all of the time and people think I am either mocking them or not taking things seriously and I have to wonder if the same thing happens to David as well.  The thing is, I know I am doing it and I cannot stop myself from doing it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Memphis, with his 2 3-way Final 2 deals, is going to wind up stepping on his own dick. He's just not that smart, even though he thinks he is.

It's a decent strategy for getting to the Final Two but a terrible strategy for winning, as it will inevitably leave a bunch of jury members feeling betrayed and unwilling to vote for him.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 2

BB should have contracted with Disney to build their animatronic Dr. Will. The one they got is so cheap and fake looking, it doesn't even move realistically.

And Day's speech would have had more impact if she hadn't played such a shitty game. All her reads were reliably wrong - she distrusted those who were trying to help her and clung to people who were working against her. Nothing to be proud of there.

Edited by Gummo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

I honestly don’t understand why DaVonne should be voted AFP? What has she actually done? Other than reading scripted DR lines, she has done nothing but speechify about how a Black person needs to win this season and how dare someone nominate the Black houseguests. 

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

I honestly don’t understand why DaVonne should be voted AFP? What has she actually done? Other than reading scripted DR lines, she has done nothing but speechify about how a Black person needs to win this season and how dare someone nominate the Black houseguests. 

People pick their favorites for many different reasons. There are no rules saying someone has to have done something in particular.

Maybe some people like to hear Da’Vonne “speechify” about things that are important to her.

Edited by Michichick
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

I thought Day's speech was great and much needed.

I definitely agree. Regardless of her game, it needed to be said. And nobody else was going to say it. And most of those people needed to hear it. I got the impression that Julie agreed, too.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, willco said:

I swear I wasn't spoiled, but about 5 seconds before Will popped out on the balcony I thought- 'I bet it's Dr. Will !"

They've wheeled him out so many times for the jury house segments I doubt it was a surprise for many.  As the BB slogan goes 'expect the expected'.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was going to say Grampa Munster but yeah we're on the same page. I just couldn't get over how strange he looked, he seems to get worse every year. What an odd case of facial dysmorphia he must have. He was actually a nice looking young man all those years ago, aging my absolutely terrify him. 

I appreciate the sentiment of Da'Vonne's speech but I'm not sure it came from the right person. This season has been so screwed up Da'Vonne never really had a chance from Day 1, but what little chance she ever had she blew spectacularly by aligning with the wrong people. And I can't help think she should have known better. This wasn't a group of strangers, and this wasn't the first time she's played this game. 

That said, I understand where she's coming from RE: Nicole. Unless editing fooled me, Nicole no longer had any reason to lie to Da'Vonne about the Ian vote once the Veto ceremony was over. Especially if she was just going to turn around and confess in her goodbye message.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 3

As someone who has never been a Christian, I am so NOT here for The Julie Chen Revival Hour.  It's one thing for a HG to have their personal religious views (because that's just one part of their overall character and I'm free to mock them), but I don't need Julie as the Official Representative of the Show be pushing the idea that I'm doomed to burn forever in a Lake of Fire because I won't "get right" by Jesus.

(Yes, not all Christians believe that would be my fate…but enough do that I found Julie's God-pushing very triggering. JMO.  And poor Les, if he has to deal with that in his own home.  And "poor Les" is something I would have put odds against my ever having to type.)

DA'VONNE:  I'm no dummy.

ME:  (giggles uncontrollably.  Moves back in DVR'd episode.  Watches again.  Resumes giggling.)

Yes, I did that.

I found it less funny when Da' said she hoped David would "show his morals" by voting to keep her instead of Kevin…right in front of Kevin.  Oh, so David can show racial solidarity (and "morals") by keeping the black woman in the game, but not the black/Asian man, is that it?   To use a variant of something I tend to write in situations such as this, "If I weren't as white as Tyler, I'd probably be even more annoyed".

But instead, I think I'll let Mr. Billy Paul speak for Kevin:

Still, with Da'Vonne, the comedy usually wins out.

DA'VONNE:  [speech about the need for more black representation on show, shouting out "Cassandra Waldon"]

JULIE (afterwards):  Cassandra WalDREN.

I was all prepared to rip Da'Vonne for preparing her big speech months ago and memorizing it, and then getting Cassandra's name wrong…but it turns out that she was right and Julie was wrong in "correcting" her.  See, Julie, even Da'Vonne isn't ALWAYS wrong.  Don't jump to conclusions.

BUFFY:  I didn't jump.  I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.

But still.  Da'Vonne got it right.

(Dang, Julie.  "Poor Les" and "Da'Vonne got it right" in the same post?  My world is all askew.)

16 hours ago, Gummo said:

Day's speech would have had more impact if she hadn't played such a shitty game.

Yes, but part of that is that Grodner/Kassting is looking for Da'Vonne's type of black HG:  lots of DR "sass", not so much game.  Recall Kemi having to try and control herself last year so as not be edited as the "angry/scary black woman" she felt they were wanting to portray her as.

And black contestants don't have the option of concealing their race the way that Steve Moses (allegedly) hid his gayness under a "nerd" cover, because TPTB wanted their gays to be more Jason Roy and less Steve.  I can't blame Da'Vonne for wanting more Danielle Reyeses when the show refuses to cast them.  

(Although allegedly Danielle R was asked back this season.)

Speaking of "askew", it was a strangely poor episode for "My Girl" [/s] Daniele.   I mean, I understand Nicole voting to keep Da'Vonne as a symbolic way to make amends for her S18 "betrayal" (which Da' had just shouted out), and under certain circumstances, I could understand somebody in Dani's position supporting Nicole's vote so Nic isn't left alone on an island…but Dani just made herself seem part of a "duo" that's bucking Memphis/the Kommittee/the "house" and I wouldn't have thought her to make that play.  I would have thought she'd be more protective of her own game.

Likewise, I would have thought she'd know enough to know that campaigning for Da'Vonne might come back to hurt her.  Two of a very few things that I like about Dani are that she's good at this game and she usually owns her evil.  0-for-2 tonight.  Very odd, IMO.

Gotta love Memphis making two "Wise Guys" alliances with Enzo on the premise of "me and you, final two, and the third guy is some sucker we're stringing along" and then choosing as the "suckers" the guy Enzo already has a Final Two with, and the "guy" (by and large woman-shaped) Enzo's been cultivating for weeks, now.

Way to go, "mastermind".   I'm guessing the "Wise Guys" Robert wants to emulate are Messrs.  Howard, Fine, and Howard?  Nyuk-yuk-yuk to you, "wise guy"!

Really hope Dr. Will was wearing shorts under that robe.  I spent most of the segment fearing a gust of wind/an unfortunate camera angle.   I mean, nothing against the human body (I'm the one who knows where to find Brendon's pictures online…), but I didn't want Will to have that kind of legacy.

As for his field, as I understand it, Will got his D.O. in Dermatology, but did his Residency in Oncology, which is why he was referred to as such during S2.  But yes, his actual career has been in Dermatology, up to and including removing Mike Boogie's genital warts.

(No, I didn't look up that episode, thank you very much.)

Edited by Halting Hex
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

They've wheeled him out so many times for the jury house segments I doubt it was a surprise for many.  As the BB slogan goes 'expect the expected'.

The image evoked in my mind by the phrase “wheeled out”:

IMG_0893.JPG.65c76815cd0e30eb4733b3f9696caa95.JPG

37 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

As someone who has never been a Christian, I am so NOT here for The Julie Chen Revival Hour.  

What’s Christianity got to do with it?  From what I’ve observed Julie’s comments are more Jack Handey then Jesus.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Halting Hex said:

As someone who has never been a Christian, I am so NOT here for The Julie Chen Revival Hour.  It's one thing for a HG to have their personal religious views (because that's just one part of their overall character and I'm free to mock them), but I don't need Julie as the Official Representative of the Show be pushing the idea that I'm doomed to burn forever in a Lake of Fire because I won't "get right" by Jesus.

(Yes, not all Christians believe that would be my fate…but enough do that I found Julie's God-pushing very triggering. JMO.  And poor Les, if he has to deal with that in his own home.  And "poor Les" is something I would have put odds against my ever having to type.)

54 minutes ago, Nashville said:

What’s Christianity got to do with it?  From what I’ve observed Julie’s comments are more Jack Handey then Jesus.

Her fortune cookie closing comments are total Jack Handey, but Julie and DaVonne's religious back-and-forth was straight out of the The 700 Club.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

It was yet another odd Julie moment claiming someone was 'laying in god's arms'. Maybe this particular person wasn't so into the god thing? Made me rather uncomfortable.

Made me uncomfortable too.   The house guests have their beliefs, but shouldn’t the host be neutral.   This is CBS, not the 700 Club.  

15 hours ago, ketchuplover said:

I thought Dr. Will is an oncologist

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/big-brother-legend-dr-will-kirby-talks-all-stars-neighbor-twist/

He talks about his dermatology practice as well as Big Brother 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Not in a million years would she get my vote.  Given the way she treated David, she doesn't deserve a damn thing.  She treated him horribly and she only has herself to blame for that.  

I don't care if Nicole lied to her, Da'Vonne chose to believe Nicole, that is on her.  What is Da'Vonne going to say to David?   Is she going to say to David that she is sorry that she treated him like shit, but it is Nicole's fault for lying to her?

And yes, Da'Vonne's speech was way too long, Kevin should have been given more time. 

That is good for you. Still will vote for her as AFP and I thought her speech was great and to the point. I guess we see things differently. 

tenor.gif

• Love 7

I am going to ask a question and it's an honest question.  I am not trying to start any problems. 

Is Kaycee,  who won over Tyler, not considered a 'person of color'? She is half Filipino. 

I hope I do not sound uneducated but every person I have known who is Filipino is dark skinned. I know it's not the same as African American. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

I am going to ask a question and it's an honest question.  I am not trying to start any problems. 

Is Kaycee,  who won over Tyler, not considered a 'person of color'? She is half Filipino. 

I hope I do not sound uneducated but every person I have known who is Filipino is dark skinned. I know it's not the same as African American. 

Honestly who really knows?  The rules for that term change on an almost daily basis.  I have heard people say that Asian folks cannot be POC because they are not oppressed.  Then I have heard other people saying anyone who is not white is a POC.   There is a commentator on YouTube named Tim Pool who has said in the past that because he is half-Asian and looks white, most people do not consider him to be a POC.  Just another reason why I dislike that silly PC term.

• Love 1