Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Celebrations and Strange Explanations

• Start Topic

Gizelle's daughters have questions about her relationship with their father; Candiace and Ashley finally bury the hatchet; Monique expresses her marital frustrations to Chris; Karen decides to throw a housewarming party.

Airs August 23, 2020.

So Karen is throwing a homecoming party in a desperate bid to stay relevant an effort to make Ray happy.  Noted.  Karen has these moments like twice a season when I like her, and the singing telegraph was one of them.  I’m with Robyn, though, that I think Karen has nothing to do.  

Any fashion goodwill Candiace got from me from the high-waisted white pants last episode became negated with the torn jeans in her meet up with Ashley. 

I either hate Candiace less this year or I just hate the rest of the cast more, but somehow I am seeing Candiace’s points, and it feels very wrong.  

If Monique is supposed to be the richest one, I’m disappointed.  Why doesn’t she have more domestic help if she’s so tired?  And why do her kids share a room?  Big Chris continues to creep me out when it comes to his sexual demands.  I think there’s a difference between a man thinking he deserves sex from his wife and a man who thinks he’s entitled to sex from his wife.  It’s a fine line, and it’s two seasons now that Chis has erred on the latter and it makes me uncomfortable to watch.  

I’ve always thought there was something likable about White Chris, even though he’s a deadbeat dad who looks like Chris Elliott in Scary Movie 2:

3EA787C1-C22E-4F1E-9DEE-87EF7ED5A671.jpeg.245a577fbacc4b8780252777e359a8d9.jpeg

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I feel like I'm going to have to mention in every post that I have two degrees, (sorry, no pictures), and that I'm an American.  Shut up, Wendy!  I don't care how many degrees you and your husband have, nor do I care you're Nigerian.  Shut up!

I have three degrees including my PhD, which I now need to mention on every post in every forum.
I don’t run around town introducing myself as doctor. In fact, my neighbors and people I do volunteer work probably have no idea that I, like Wendy, am a doctor. Of course, my job isn’t as a college professor, rather as a management consultant (Who won’t be gainfully employed for sometime - no tenure there).

Lord, she’s insufferable and so full of herself. It takes most housewives a minimum of one season for me to find them insufferable, she she did that faster than the rest, must be those 4 degrees.

8 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I either hate Candiace less this year or I just hate the rest of the cast more, but somehow I am seeing Candiace’s points, and it feels very wrong.  

I concur. Just like on RHONY I’m seeing and agreeing with Ramona this season.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I’ve always thought there was something likable about White Chris, even though he’s a deadbeat dad who looks like Chris Elliott in Scary Movie 2:

I’ve always thought he seemed very likable too.  But there’s gotta be something wrong for him to stick with Candiace.  It’s not like we haven’t seen her throw tantrums (and knives) in front of him so he knew what he was getting.

• Love 12

I'm back-- 2 degrees, American- -Something needs to happen here other than Ray is old and tired, Karen is a poseur, Michael is a cheating perv, Gizelle and Robin don't do much of anything and Candyass is an abrasive idiot.  It's basically the same storylines every year.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

I am completely unimpressed with Gizelle’s “new” house, both inside and out.  Seriously, Robyn’s home is decorated better than Gizelle’s, and it has more panache.  Everything about Gizelle is so tacky this season.  Her sequined dress with the thigh highs made the doves cry.  

Could Ray be phoning in his marriage any more?  Or any less?  Does Robyn—who is not married—have the best marriage on this show?!?  Robyn had some great zingers this episode:  “Ray doesn’t even know why he’s partying!”

Every so often Robyn manages to be really cool and funny, going back to season one when all the ladies were breaking out the vapors that a man showed up to Ashley’s house in Delaware, and Robyn stayed up late playing beer pong with Michael.  Usually it happens when she’s drunk.  I also think Robyn plays well off of Karen.  There is something about Karen’s uptight manner that causes Robyn to be less Eeyore and more fun girl.  

Ashley seems tired this season, not just physically, but spiritually.  Come to think of it, they all kind of do. 

Monique was the only one who looked good at Karen’s party, and she looked great.  

I’m not all lathered up about Candiace allegedly telling Wendy that Gizelle was a monster.  This is “Amistad, set me free” from last season all over again.  Just much ado about nothing.  And I thought it was really cool that Candiace deprived Gizelle of a platform by immediately admitting that she probably said it and she doesn’t believe Gizelle believes that it was meant to be malicious.  As soon as Gizelle realized she couldn’t go toe-to-toe with Candiace, she backed down, just like she backed down to Monique last season at Candiace’s wedding when she realized she had to apologize to Monique or she’d look like the asshole who holds onto stuff that she is.  

I think there might be something to what Karen said to Monique about not having an attractive woman come in to help raise her children.  Monique was quick to shoot back that she had “all this,” but a good amount of men do sleep with the nanny, and from what Monique told us when she came on the show in season two, I surmised that she was basically vying for Chris’s attention amongst several woman, and Monique won out after hanging in for a period of years and she’s not about to give that up.

Karen in the pink suit and the hot pink hat in the Michael Jackson stance (I must be old, because I saw that and didn’t think Beyoncé) saved not just the episode, but perhaps the season.  So funny!

• Love 14

Karen and the ridiculous pink hat reminded of  Michael Jackson!  Thank you LibertarianSlut!  I didn't just go straight to Beyonce either!  OK, y'all... This DOCTOR WENDY is already on my LAST NERVE!!   Why??? Because she's such a full of herself!!

I know plenty of folks who have advanced degrees in their fields; they are usually not THAT obnoxious about their accomplishments!  And if they ARE.... NOBODY wants to hang out with them but other insufferable assholes!

Candiass is gonna have to step up the game to get to Monique, IMHO.  Maybe she needs to just jump off somewhere else??

• Love 9

I haven’t watched this episode yet but I just never understood the hate for Candace🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️. She’s not anymore annoying than Sonja from RHONY or Brandi from RHOBH. I honestly don’t understand it. Monique has never wanted her husband Chris imo. But she wanted his money that’s why I think their was rumors of her cheating. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

If Monique is supposed to be the richest one, I’m disappointed.  Why doesn’t she have more domestic help if she’s so tired?  And why do her kids share a room?  Big Chris continues to creep me out when it comes to his sexual demands.  I think there’s a difference between a man thinking he deserves sex from his wife and a man who thinks he’s entitled to sex from his wife.  It’s a fine line, and it’s two seasons now that Chis has erred on the latter and it makes me uncomfortable to watch.  

I am not sure why she does not have an au pair or nanny of some sort, she probably has maids and landscapers so why wouldn't she have some childcare too? 

In a house that large why does she have the kids sharing a room?

Is Chris worried that there might be three minutes during the day that Monique has forgotten he has a penis? Even when she was eight months he was letting her know how it's going to be, is he insecure about something?

• Love 6

Karen making her Grand Dame entrance thru the basic sliders. yes she is so rich.

It does not seem like Ray lives with Karen.

Nobody likes Gizelle's house but she owns it, I mean it may not be everyone's taste but Karen can not knock it, it is paid for.  Why isn't Gizelle bragging about Jamal giving the girls a restaurant...did they ever ask for a restaurant and it they don't even get to see it since is in Atlanta.  

Candiace has no story line, last season she mentioned Chris was writing a cookbook, what ever happened to that book?

Dean is cute.

• Love 4

Karen is ridiculous and I am here for it. Her pretentiousness and double-talk are genuinely grating, but a) she knows how to disagree like an adult (sometimes) and b) she gives us truly hilarious moments on this show.

Add me to the list of people who are surprised that Candiace is making a lot of sense this season; no one likes an ambush, and asking NOT to be ambushed is a completely reasonable request. Gizelle is doing too much with her Don't-wake-the-Monster nonsense, but I'd rather watch that than watch her hassle her children into liking their creep of a father.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Monique needs to take a page from Candiace's book and state her beefs in a calm and straightforward way. I understand that she doesn't want to give life and energy to Charisse's rumors (didn't Charisse do this kind of thing to Gizelle a while back?). Say that, then. Don't get all passive-aggressive on Candiace. If she needs help with child care, say it and come up with a plan that doesn't rely on making Big Chris feel sorry for you.

• Love 6

I have a theory that the reason Gizelle’s kids are not thrilled with the “reuniting” of their parents is because they know/have seen what Jamaal has going on back in Atlanta.  You can’t fool kids.   Haven’t decided if this is a storyline or her desperation for more money yet.

• Love 5

My problem with Wendy is her saying all the time how many degrees she has, like she's trying to say she's SO much better and smarter than the rest of the women.  That annoys me.  

I just wonder where Wendy comes from?  What type of family did she come from?   I remember having to tell off someone from Nigeria who asked me "why don't black Americans do better?  I'm an immigrant and look what I have now...."  So I asked, "what do your parents do in Nigeria?"  Sure enough, both were professionals.  I told him that black Americans had to deal with shit in THIS COUNTRY that he didn't have to deal with.  So STFU.

• Love 9

It's beyond clear that the ladies had a plan to have Candiace be the villain of the season and watching this all play out while knowing that they all flip flop their opinions once the fight happens is hilarious.

I don't like Candiace but I really enjoyed her stopping Gizelle from having a moment over the monster comment. Gizelle is the meanest person in the cast but doesn't want to own it at all.

Monique truly seems miserable in her life, which explains a lot of her intense reactions in other situations because she cannot come at her husband that same way. The way he was like, "Yeah, I'll do something romantic for you but you better put out" was such an uncomfortable conversation to watch. Also, if that's what he says to her on camera with a crew of people. lord knows what he says in privae.

• Love 9

I think Monique loves her bird more than Chris, can't really blame her at this point. I agree with what the poster above said about Ashley, she does look tired. I thought Robyn was pretty funny bringing the pizza's to Karens party. Why on earth does Karen need such a big house when its just her and BBG and he even looks like he is one foot out the door.  Not a fan of Gizelles decorating, but that is her taste I guess, however her bedroom is depressing. I would hate waking up to that everyday. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am not sure why she does not have an au pair or nanny of some sort, she probably has maids and landscapers so why wouldn't she have some childcare too? 

She might not have any childcare help because of the stigma/judgement some have against stay at home moms. In other words, she probably sees taking care of her children as her job since she doesn't have a traditional one. And so how would it look that with nothing else to do but take care of her kids, she needs to hire someone, when there are working mothers taking care of two or three children. 

Now I don't agree with that because there is a reason there are many cultures where mothers or grandmothers come and stay with a new mother for months, especially if they have more than one child. Because it can become a lot. But I do know that those judgments against SAHM very much also exist.

12 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Karen and the ridiculous pink hat reminded of  Michael Jackson!  Thank you LibertarianSlut!  I didn't just go straight to Beyonce either! 

It made you think of Beyonce if you'd seen her Formation Tour.  She opens with this big giant hat situation - though not a suit because it's Beyonce, so of course she was wearing a onesie with her ass showing. And granted the outfit wasn't pepto bismol pink and rather all black but yeah, that's the loose similarity there. 

I did crack up over Gizelle saying Ray was no Jay but Karen could have at least let him try. And this is why I can't entirely quit Gizelle, annoying and messy though she may be.  She brings the snark and funny to this show like no one else. 

• Love 7

If Monique had help people would say she has nothing to do all day so why does she need help. If her kids had their own rooms then they would be too young for all that stuff and she is spoiling her kids. Matters not what she does, she will be criticized so she might as well do what works for her.

Gizelle and Robin would be good in a "buddy" reality show where they only had to deal with each other and outside forces.  They are hella entertaining together but come off as really awful when mixed with other women.

Some man with multiple kids and baby mommas need not talk to me about having kids. 

Wendy aside because so far she don't really add anything - this is the only franchise that I feel like would not work if someone was to leave. They have the perfect mix of housewives

The entertainer - Gizelle

The sidekick - Robin

The oversharer with the shady husband - Ashley

The actual rich housewife - Monique

The ridiculous over the top one who holds her own among the younger set - Karen

The one who talks all the trash and rarely backs down - Candiance

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 12

I usually kind of like Monique and Chris but that was an uncomfortable convo to watch between them. He didn’t come off great.

Candiace and Chris’s baby convo isn’t something I care about. He’s a deadbeat dad lol why would you wanna have kids with him. He looks different this season too. Somehow worse.

I probably wouldn’t wanna be around Karen in teal life but on the show she cracks me up.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Marley said:

I usually kind of like Monique and Chris but that was an uncomfortable convo to watch between them. He didn’t come off great.

Candiace and Chris’s baby convo isn’t something I care about. He’s a deadbeat dad lol why would you wanna have kids with him. He looks different this season too. Somehow worse.

I probably wouldn’t wanna be around Karen in teal life but on the show she cracks me up.

It really did seem as if the party was all about Karen  Lol !!!  poor Ray 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 4

Please stop with the NewBirth logo gear. Please just stop. I know Gizelle's girls have other t-shirts to wear. I know I might have to say that every episode this season. 

Gizelle lost her dance moves since her stepping days in college ?

• Love 4

If Dr Wendy is so accomplished with her degrees why is she slumming it on this show? 

It did seem like Ray had no say in the party. He probably didn't even know what was happening. Which is why he escaped upstairs.

I did crack up at Robyn's son (was it Corey?) plopping in between her and Wendy saying he wants to know what's happening.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, Marley said:

This was also an issue with Chris and Monique last season she was pregnant and all he talked about was her dropping that baby so the sex could get back to normal.. Yes it is a issue with him, as it is with most men. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ErikaOnline said:

I haven’t watched this episode yet but I just never understood the hate for Candace🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️. She’s not anymore annoying than Sonja from RHONY or Brandi from RHOBH. I honestly don’t understand it. Monique has never wanted her husband Chris imo. But she wanted his money that’s why I think their was rumors of her cheating. 

People are capable of disliking multiple people. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I think Monique loves her bird more than Chris, can't really blame her at this point. I agree with what the poster above said about Ashley, she does look tired. I thought Robyn was pretty funny bringing the pizza's to Karens party. Why on earth does Karen need such a big house when its just her and BBG and he even looks like he is one foot out the door.  Not a fan of Gizelles decorating, but that is her taste I guess, however her bedroom is depressing. I would hate waking up to that everyday. 

3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I think Monique pays dearly for her lifestyle.  I know a lot of people like him, but, I think he's a chauvinist  subtle bully.

Chris is a great guy, he' s just country . He just expects certain things from her, he's southern country.  Lol !!! Maybe that bird gives her the attention she craves from Chris. He's a great provided and father but his husband skills could use some work. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

And I do give full marks to Karen for laughing at the joke.  And grabbing a slice!!

So do I, that could have easily gone left . 

1 hour ago, Marley said:

Absolutely, Karen is Grand in her own mind and I love it. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Gizelle's wig looked like it had been left on the side of 270 in the rain for several days.  Cal is a miracle worker.  Bless.

I know Robyn wasn't shading Karen for renting when she's renting the townhouse next to Maryland Live!.

Running down your accolades might be a thing in the DC metro area, I hear but in the words of Karen, "I'm not impressed."

LOL @ Robyn and the pizza.

When you marry a rich man, you earn every penny.  Ashley learned that lesson last season and now it's Monique's turn.

Baby Dean wanted to run up on Candiace for talking like that to his momma!

White Chris needs to worry about the kids he already has instead of trying to make a new one with Candiace.

Gizelle was just looking for something to pop off at Candiace about.

Robyn's kids are always trying to get the tea.

Ray just wanted to go to bed.

I loved the advice Cal gave to Giselle concerning her kids. it was heartrfelt.

18 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I feel like I'm going to have to mention in every post that I have two degrees, (sorry, no pictures), and that I'm an American.  Shut up, Wendy!  I don't care how many degrees you and your husband have, nor do I care you're Nigerian.  Shut up!

Lol !!!  It's all she's got. 

• Love 5

Gizelle's wig looked like it had been left on the side of 270 in the rain for several days.  Cal is a miracle worker.  Bless.

I know Robyn wasn't shading Karen for renting when she's renting the townhouse next to Maryland Live!.

Running down your accolades might be a thing in the DC metro area, I hear but in the words of Karen, "I'm not impressed."

LOL @ Robyn and the pizza.

When you marry a rich man, you earn every penny.  Ashley learned that lesson last season and now it's Monique's turn.

Baby Dean wanted to run up on Candiace for talking like that to his momma!

White Chris needs to worry about the kids he already has instead of trying to make a new one with Candiace.

Gizelle was just looking for something to pop off at Candiace about.

Robyn's kids are always trying to get the tea.

Ray just wanted to go to bed.

I live in WDC, work on the Hill and meet tons of high-level people, and no, that's not a thing. Wendy id annoying AF.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Yeah but the difference is Robyn didn't throw a big ole' housewarming party for her rental. I mean who does that? Karen, that's who! She's still just as much as a poser as ever. 

C'mon now Candyass. Stop with the apologies. You know you don't mean any of it. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Yeah but the difference is Robyn didn't throw a big ole' housewarming party for her rental. I mean who does that? Karen, that's who! She's still just as much as a poser as ever. 

C'mon now Candyass. Stop with the apologies. You know you don't mean any of it. 

I believe Candy-ass caught a lot of verbal action from the fans last season because her attitude was terrible. She's just trying to clean up her act to keep her spot. I'm not buying any of it, however I did believe she was right in requesting to have the conversation with Ashley privately away from the hens.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, byrd said:

Chris is a great guy, he' s just country . He just expects certain things from her, he's southern country.  Lol !!! Maybe that bird gives her the attention she craves from Chris. He's a great provided and father but his husband skills could use some work. 

I see that.  There was a time where a man got married to have children, a home cooked meal, a clean house and regular sex with a "good girl," and a woman got married for financial security.  Today, many people don't need those things from marriage, we want partners, friends, lovers.  Nothing wrong with that.  But if one person is from the old school and the other person is from the new school, there will be problems.

• Love 10

Monique might have the children sharing a room so there's only one mess to deal with and/or the children may be uneasy about sleeping alone. But once they get older and have friends they will want their own room. Monique should have an au pair or nanny and tell anyone who criticizes her to stuff it. She deserves time to herself and three children that young is a lot of work. Don't like Chris's predatory approach to sex.

White Chris looks different because his beard is going grey. This kid conversation is ridiculous. He can't afford that and doesn't pay for the ones he has. Probably got with Candiace to live rent free.

I don't like Candiace because she has no self-awareness, rude, pretentious and as phony as that hair on her head. And she lies. Her mother is a licensed social worker, I just learned in her thread. She doesn't even spell her name properly.

I hope Wendy is one and done and Candace hits the road, too. 

Kal did give Gizelle good advice.

Wonder what the real deal is with Karen and Ray. WTAF is up with that short white wig?

• Love 13

Lord, she’s insufferable and so full of herself. It takes most housewives a minimum of one season for me to find them insufferable, she she did that faster than the rest, must be those 4 degrees.

OK, y'all... This DOCTOR WENDY is already on my LAST NERVE!!   Why??? Because she's such a full of herself!!

I just have one degree so I’m a loser on Wendy’s scale.

And I thought it was really cool that Candiace deprived Gizelle of a platform by immediately admitting that she probably said it and she doesn’t believe Gizelle believes that it was meant to be malicious. 

This rang false to me. I was thinking, “Come on, Candiace.” She refers to someone as a monster but doesn’t mean it maliciously? How exactly did she mean it then? A sincere apology would've been, "I'm sorry I said that about you. It wasn't kind." 

I couldn’t believe what a bedraggled mess it was and that he actually salvaged it! Not to mention his good listening skills and sound advice.

Speaking of wigs, can someone explain why Karen is wearing a blonde wig with black roots? I don’t get it. Is it supposed to make it look more like real hair? And I don’t like the short blonde wig she has on in her TH. She looks like an ostrich.

Is Chris worried that there might be three minutes during the day that Monique has forgotten he has a penis? Even when she was eight months he was letting her know how it's going to be, is he insecure about something?

I think he withholds nanny care in order to force Monique to mother the children the old-fashioned way. He controls Monique.

I don’t know. He implied there was plenty of money for her to hire someone. It sounded to me like he just didn’t want to personally help her, which still isn’t good. By the way, what does he do now? He used to be an athlete but is he still doing that or does he have some other job? Is he really that busy? 

Monique truly seems miserable in her life, which explains a lot of her intense reactions in other situations because she cannot come at her husband that same way. The way he was like, "Yeah, I'll do something romantic for you but you better put out" was such an uncomfortable conversation to watch. Also, if that's what he says to her on camera with a crew of people. lord knows what he says in private.

I think Monique pays dearly for her lifestyle.  I know a lot of people like him, but, I think he's a chauvinist  subtle bully.

Yes it was an awkward conversation. I felt for Monique. He sounded like he didn’t give a rip about her concerns. She was asking him for more of his time and support, but all he seemed to care about was getting his sexual needs satisfied.

I agree that Monique is feeling the pressure. It seems like appearances are important to her and she is super focused on projecting the image of the perfect wife and mother. That must be very stressful.

I admire Ashley's bravery in wearing that bandage dress but don't think I would be able to do it! 

Regarding the Chris deadbeat dad comments, did I miss something? Is he not paying chid support? 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

If Monique is supposed to be the richest one, I’m disappointed.  Why doesn’t she have more domestic help if she’s so tired?  And why do her kids share a room?  

Did she grow up rich? That might have something to do with it. Not every rich woman wants nanny’s and help raising their children especially when they have the luxury of being able to not work and stay home with them she has also stressed the importance of her being their mother... re the kids sharing rooms sometimes it helps the kids remain closer when they grow up in the same room 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8

So I have two degrees, a B.S. and a PhD. Just needed to establish that a la Dr. Wendy.

I love Potomac, my favorite franchise just because I'm from the area. My problem with this season is that production is trying way too hard to push the narratives that it is blatantly obvious. Clearly the season started off with Candiace being the villain. Ashley and Wendy are expected and encouraged to go head to head as new moms. 2nd chance relationships from Gizelle and Robyn. Karen's  triumphant return to Potomac. I liked when it at least felt more organic. While I hate that the fight happened, at least the fallout from it will be somewhat real while it is being "produced". 

I'm surprised at how many questions Monique got about her kids sharing rooms. I know plenty of siblings that have their own rooms and then end up sharing rooms anyway because one is afraid of the dark or they want to be together to play at night after they are supposed to be in bed. Plus I remember Monique saying that they prefer to share a room. If I were a kid in that big house, maybe I wouldn't want to be alone either lol. 

I liked the interaction between Wendy and Robyn and the boys, hopefully Gizelle and Wendy stay cool otherwise Robyn will pull away from Wendy. I always maintain that Robyn and Monique would be cool if it weren't for Gizelle. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I don’t know. He implied there was plenty of money for her to hire someone. It sounded to me like he just didn’t want to personally help her, which still isn’t good. By the way, what does he do now? He used to be an athlete but is he still doing that or does he have some other job? Is he really that busy? 

I understandd this. I took it a slightly different way. I heard it as he is very busy with coaching his youth teams and other things, and he recognizes that she is equally busy with filming and getting notforlazy moms going, so if she needs the extra help by all means hire someone to help, because they can. I think she really prides herself on being super hands on with the kids though. In the past she has said the two have been super focused on the kids and don't have time for their relationship. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

There was a time, that my daughter and son shared a room per their choice. They were young and felt more secure.  Monique's kids probably sleep in a bed room that they can be near mom and dad.  I imagine a big house could be scary in the middle of the night.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

People are capable of disliking multiple people. 

This is true.  I'm much better at the disliking part than the liking.  Take for instance, Wendy the elementary school graduate, middle school graduate, safety patrol graduate (maybe), possibly flew up from the Brownies to Girl Scouts, high school graduate, college graduate, college graduate, grad school graduate, PhD graduate.  Don't like her.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Because Monique has built a brand or value of sort for not being a "lazy mom".  She may see getting a nanny or housekeeper as a betrayal of that value.

Chris is trying to get what he's paid for.  He wants a pretty wife who will pop out babies and have sex with him.  In order to get that pretty wife, he had to pay.  He wants Monique to hold up her end of the bargain.  Monique is tired of being a baby machine & having sex whenever Chris feels like it.  She wants him to work for it.  But in his mind, he's already worked for it because he puts an expensive roof over her head and expensive food in her mouth.

Add me to the list of people who are surprised that Candiace is making a lot of sense this season;

Candiace is more often than not right about things.  It's the way she goes about expressing it that has everyone ruffled...for example,  Candiace was correct when questioning Ashley's desire to get pregnant with all the drinking she was doing (and everyone else was low key agreeing with Candiace) but Candiace kept harping on it and harping on it and blew it out of proportion.

I've felt all along that Chris is an old-timey southern chauvinist. I think he withholds nanny care in order to force Monique to mother the children the old-fashioned way. He controls Monique.

Chris isn't withholding nanny care for Monique; Monique is withholding nanny care from Monique.  Monique is running around saying she's not for lazy moms.  Monique would probably see herself as a lazy mom if she got nanny care.  That's on Monique, not Chris.

I just wonder where Wendy comes from?  What type of family did she come from?   I remember having to tell off someone from Nigeria who asked me "why don't black Americans do better?  I'm an immigrant and look what I have now...."  So I asked, "what do your parents do in Nigeria?"  Sure enough, both were professionals.  I told him that black Americans had to deal with shit in THIS COUNTRY that he didn't have to deal with.  So STFU.

I didn't see any mention of Wendy's father and her mother didn't look all that upscale. I would need more evidence one way or the other but I don't think Wendy's "4 degrees" is trying to put down or elevate herself over Black Americans.  Just in my personal experience, African immigrants that we perceived as behaving as if they were better than Black Americans generally tended not to hang out with Black Americans.  Wendy is Gizelle's sorority sister so we know she knows how to get along with Black American women.  For right now, I'm just going to chalk up Wendy's "4 Degrees" as being very proud she (and her husband) are high achievers.

The DC Metro Area has a high concentration of highly educated Black people (and people in general), so running down your accolades may just be small talk, especially if Wendy and her husband are frequently around other people with multiple degrees.  I think every cast member with maybe the exception of Karen has at least one college degree, too.

If Dr Wendy is so accomplished with her degrees why is she slumming it on this show?

Trying to get media exposure.  She's a commentator on Fox News.

This was also an issue with Chris and Monique last season she was pregnant and all he talked about was her dropping that baby so the sex could get back to normal.. Yes it is a issue with him, as it is with most men. 

And it's going to be an issue with Ashley and Michael as well.  Ashley has already said her bootyhole was ripped and when they tried to have sex it was very painful.  Now we see in the next episode Candiace running to Gizelle about Michael partying/going to the Ho Tell with strippers.  Michael is probably figuring if he doesn't get it from Ashley, he's going to get it from somewhere, which is really sad because Ashley is injured, a new mom and facing PPD.  But, like with Chris & Monique, Michael is paying for a young pretty wife to be a doll on his arm & have sex when he wants in exchange for luxury cars and luxury condos.

I loved the advice Cal gave to Giselle concerning her kids. it was heartrfelt

I think beneath the "monsterness" and hard shell,  Gizelle is a very sensitive woman, and I think Grace in particular is her mom's protector. The girls are old enough to lurk on LSA and see the epic thread about their dad's shenanigans, and to put 2 and 2 together and say "We have a sibling that is our same age but not by our momma, what's wrong with this picture?"  All 3 girls have said Jamal is being fake and phony by coming in their grill to get in the good graces of Gizelle.  They did not act this way when Sherman was in the picture.  I would just advise Gizelle to take her time with Jamal and don't even think about re-marrying him until after the twins turn 18. That's only in 4 or 5 years. 

I don't like Candiace because she has no self-awareness, rude, pretentious and as phony as that hair on her head.

Candiace is very self aware and that's part of her problem.

I was thinking, “Come on, Candiace.” She refers to someone as a monster but doesn’t mean it maliciously? How exactly did she mean it then?

Candiace didn't mean that maliciously or in how she told it to Wendy.  She told it to Wendy as in "Gizelle comes across as this bully, she likes to haze you but she's not bad like she seems."  Wendy told Robyn without telling Robyn the context in which Candiace told her and Robyn reported back to Gizelle what Candiace said without giving Gizelle the context in which  Candiace said it (because Wendy didn't provide it to Robyn).

The same thing happened last year with the Katie Amistad comments: Monique referred to Katie as "Amistad" because Katie's first season she was very poised and stiff but last season Katie was more of a free spirit (Amistad being a freed slave).  Candiace reported to Gizelle that Monique said Katie looked like a slave.  Only in this situation Candiace knew the context in which Monique made her comment but  misrepresented it to Gizelle.  So, karma.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

This is true.  I'm much better at the disliking part than the liking.  Take for instance, Wendy the elementary school graduate, middle school graduate, safety patrol graduate (maybe), possibly flew up from the Brownies to Girl Scouts, high school graduate, college graduate, college graduate, grad school graduate, PhD graduate.  Don't like her.

I'm still wondering why Wendy is on this show. It's not like this is the first ever season of a Real Housewives show. She seems very much about being an overachiever, so how does RHOP fit in to her brand? I doubt she's actually friends with any of these women, so . . . why? I suspect that like Carole on RHONY, she thinks she'll be a fan favorite because of her accomplishments and that she'll act as a Greek chorus to the insanity.  She will end up getting sucked into the drama and having middle-school type arguments about who gets invited to a party or gets to be best friends.

I'm willing to give Wendy a few more episodes before deciding whether she's an asset to the show.

• Love 2