Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E07: Eviction #2; Head of Household #3

• Start Topic

Nicole Anthony's eviction was a mercy eviction. For us. 

How is David so bad at this game that he not only doesn't stand right after Julie explained it and two people went before him but he also didn't hit his buzzer and just stood around with his thumb up his ass. I didn't put a question mark after that sentence because it isn't actually a question, it's a statement. The only thing missing were random shouts to rattle his opponents. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Well, that HOH result sucked. The only way it would be worse is if it had been Cody, I think.

He is by far my most disliked so far this season.  That shot of him sunning with NicA just reminded me that he did virtually nothing all season in BB16 beyond hide behind Derrick, flirt with Amber and Christine and practically cry like a baby when he was forced to go on the block as a pawn.  It's frustrating that he gets so much credit without any real substance to his game.  He also has a terrible poker face.  Whenever someone approaches him with a plan that he doesn't like, he says "yeah, okay" but looks completely constipated.  I don't love Tyler, but anyone is better than Cody in my book.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

How is David so bad at this game that he not only doesn't stand right after Julie explained it and two people went before him but he also didn't hit his buzzer and just stood around with his thumb up his ass.

He didn’t get enough points to win anyway so his time didn’t matter. 

Dammit, Ian & Janelle were so close! Here comes another boring week with the Bro squad in charge. Guessing right now the noms will be Kevin and Janelle.

• Love 1

Well NicoleA has a lot of growing to do. I don't agree with BBfans going crazy and threatening houseguests but NicoleA's immaturity and rudeness to Janelle and Kaysar were hard to watch.

Also, ugh, I forgot that Tyler doesn't throw competitions 😞 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

He didn’t get enough points to win anyway so his time didn’t matter. 

No but it highlighted his listening skills. The standing the wrong way is excusable - David wasn't the only one to do it. But the buzzer?

• Love 2

I have never cared so little about a BB season as I do this one. It's boring me to tears.

I wish Ian had won not Mr. Poodle Head. Another week of broing down in the HoH? Call me when it's over!

And by the way Enzo?? Umm... that word on your shirt is 'BrIgade' not 'Bragade'. We would have accepted Brogade but Bragade just makes you look dumb(er)

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Oh, great...another young "bro" in charge. Where have we seen that before?

Oh, Janelle if only you could have pulled that off it would have made an interesting week at last...even Ian would have been better as its not clear where he stands.

The bell is tolling now for Janelle and Kaysar's prospects beyond this week...the only possible hope now is Tyler revisits how he feels Memphis is lame and gives him the heave ho but I sadly don't really see Jaysar getting out of this box.

I really don't' understand how Janelle is public enemy number one when you have two previous winners in the house and at least two second place finishers or is it three?

I'm sorry Janelle wasted tears on someone not worthy of them. At least Nicole A. knows she looks very stupid right now.

Julie continues with the mask foolishiness worried about someone in a self contained atomosphere who has been tested. It's just so stupid and it feels like she is just a puppet for some overlords who wants to push for masks in the one arena where it makes zero sense.

There really pushing this Love Island which I have never seen nor will see but I think its to make up for the acknowledgement BB is going to have to forgoe one of its staples...The Showmance this year.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Julie continues with the mask foolishiness worried about someone in a self contained atomosphere who has been tested. It's just so stupid and it feels like she is just a puppet for some overlords who wants to push for masks in the one arena where it makes zero sense.

Pushing masks is good in my opinion, but she definitely needs to wear one.  It's just performative if you force everyone around you to like they're your servants.

1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

I don't agree with BBfans going crazy and threatening houseguests but NicoleA's immaturity and rudeness to Janelle and Kaysar were hard to watch.

What is this about?

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

I really don't' understand how Janelle is public enemy number one when you have two previous winners in the house and at least two second place finishers or is it three?

Four:  Memphis, Cody, Dani and Tyler.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

What is this about?

There's also a long, storied history in Big Brother of the fans taking things Too Far and trying for real word repercussions. The worst case of it was BB13 when one of the HGs, Shelly, decided to turn on the fan favourites and vote out one half of America's Favourite Showmance (gag me). So people started sending her and her family death threats and calling her job for a very long time to try and get her fired. A lesser incident of it happened earlier this season with Memphis - the reviews and ratings for his restaurant got bombed by fans accusing him of racism in the restaurant because of his nominations and treatment of David. Sometimes the fandom weaponizes itself for good: Big Brother 15 was filled with hateful, racist people and because of the incidents hitting mainstream media due to the fans talking about it, some of them lost their jobs. But usually they take things too far. 

This week, there have been lots of calls for "love" and "patience" when it comes to Nicole Anthony because like the Shelly example, she went against fan favourites and it got a little nasty and personal on her end.

...did I really say "earlier this season"? We just started Week 3. It feels like it's been months already. I'm gonna be grey by the end of this season. 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Two good things to come from this eviction:

1. There is only one Nicole in the house now. (Even though it’s the wrong one.)

2. The odds of me hearing “it is what it is” every five minutes have gone down exponentially.

I’m waiting to see the 10-foot-wide moat of crocodiles, bounded on each side by a 2-story plexiglass shield, erected between the exiting houseguests and Julie. No more of this anxious put-on-your-mask-and-walk-directly-to-your-chair talk. WE MUST PROTECT JULIE!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Double standards - Da'Vonne being totally upfront about making race her primary means of alliance.  David is cleverer than her in that sense.

However David revealing that he did have another major alliance was very silly.

Hopefully more now believe here that Janelle and Kaysar are not huge threats.

As the focus was on Memphis through much of the week why didn't we see his goodbye message?  Why Kevin for instance? [I suspect the producers are about to push him even more in the edit].  I know Memphis didn't vote but he put her up.

The interviews are pretty ridiculous with the evictee wearing a mask.  If they really need to do something to avoid that just do the interview from the DR or some sealed off area from Julie Chen.

• Love 10

Davonte saying she won’t vote off another African American. Can you imagine the uproar if a white person said they won’t vote off a white person???? Racism at its finest, but not racist if it is a black person doing it!!!!!

47 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Why did Julie compare Dani to Busy Philips? Am I missing something? 

Julie told Dani that, for her birthday, she wanted to tell Dani she looks like Busy Phillips.

a) What kind of weird birthday present is that? and b) No she doesn’t.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

All of the menfolk watching with me were wondering if Julie was drunk, because her synapses were firing all over the place at the beginning of the show.  I have never seen her stumble over so many words in such a small period of time.

Also I can do without a moral lesson at the end of every show, Ms. Chen MOONVES.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I don't know who Busy Philips is, but I expect what she says is scripted.

It made me laugh more because of the potential in-joke of all the compliments Julie has got from contestants sucking up to her.

Oh, and why can't they cut out the shout-outs in the DR, there must be a slight delay so they can do that.  Even at the very end they were doing shout-outs. 

And stop calling them 'allstars', just call them HGs.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Julie told Dani that, for her birthday, she wanted to tell Dani she looks like Busy Phillips

Busy seems really nice but I don't know that she's "very pretty" by Hollywood standards. (IRL she probably is.) I wondered if Dani was complimented, insulted, or just really confused by Julie's random compliment. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

Double standards - Da'Vonne being totally upfront about making race her primary means of alliance.  David is cleverer than her in that sense.

Yes! She is racist.  Why is this ok, but people pitch a fit about Memphis?! Davonne admitted she is voting by color!! This is not ok. I usually love Davonne, but I lost respect for her after that nonsense. 

I'm tired of the mask crap. They are useless, especially in this instance. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Busy seems really nice but I don't know that she's "very pretty" by Hollywood standards. (IRL she probably is.) I wondered if Dani was complimented, insulted, or just really confused by Julie's random compliment. 

I think Dani's prettier than Busy.  I have no idea how Busy keeps getting these random mentions in pop culture.  That seemed really weird.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

All of the menfolk watching with me were wondering if Julie was drunk, because her synapses were firing all over the place at the beginning of the show.  I have never seen her stumble over so many words in such a small period of time.

Also I can do without a moral lesson at the end of every show, Ms. Chen MOONVES.

Julie is all-knowing, & always safe, & most of all, she always, always chooses kindness. Oh, except when dealing with her husband, the sexual predator. That's not so very kind. 

I don't at all get the rigid mask thing for the houseguests. She's the one who's out in the public (& considering her husband's reputation, she's probably been exposed to far more communicable diseases than the houseguests, especially COVID, since they're isolated). She makes a huge deal of reminding them to wear their mask around her, while she doesn't wear one (again, SHE'S the danger, not them), & she forces them to still sit 10 feet away from her. It's like she's taking every CDC guideline, & amping it up, but making sure that the rules apply to everyone but her. 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Pushing masks is good in my opinion, but she definitely needs to wear one.  It's just performative if you force everyone around you to like they're your servants.

I also don’t get why Julie doesn’t wear one. She is more a risk to them than they are to her as who knows who she sees or what she does when off air.

I don’t know why they didn’t get them better fitting masks, they could have branded them with big brother. The fact that some of the masks fit poorly and people touch their faces/masks a lot will lead more of the public to think masks are useless.

I wasn’t really a fan of Nicole so it doesn’t bother me she left, someone has to leave. 

Edited by fountain
  • Love 4

I'm surprised they even showed the way Nicole was behaving towards Janelle, and about Janelle. And that Julie confronted her about it. I kind of figured the editors would shield her from that kind of embarrassment. I guess they reserve that favor for Grodner's alpha crushes. But they didn't show how Nicole finally got clued in, and I found that rather strange since they had a narrative around it. I suspect someone in the diary room tipped her off towards the end.

The interviews are pretty ridiculous with the evictee wearing a mask.  If they really need to do something to avoid that just do the interview from the DR or some sealed off area from Julie Chen.

Agreed - the whole point of the post-eviction interview is to see the raw emotion of the exiting HG. With half their face covered, what's the point?

Oh, and why can't they cut out the shout-outs in the DR, there must be a slight delay so they can do that.  Even at the very end they were doing shout-outs. 

At least they're not doing cutesy little routines going in and out and passing each other. (Yet.)

And the Season of Suck continues with Tyler winning HOH.

Because we can't have nice things.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

She is racist.  Why is this ok, but people pitch a fit about Memphis?! Davonne admitted she is voting by color!! This is not ok. I usually love Davonne, but I lost respect for her after that nonsense. 

As she pointed out, No Black winner of Big Brother.  White "frat boy" types typically band together upfront but when Blacks do it, there's an issue.

This season?  First 3 HOH?  White frat boy types who typically go on to win the game (not always though).  

And minorities are typically the first ones voted out--like the LAST season.  I suspect CBS gave Big Brother a veiled "suggestion" to not nominate Blacks the first couple of nominations.  Otherwise, David might have been first out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I don't even really see the resemblance. I always thought Elena from season 19 looked just like Busy Philips. Dani, not so much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, nkotb said:

She makes a huge deal of reminding them to wear their mask around her, while she doesn't wear one (again, SHE'S the danger, not them), & she forces them to still sit 10 feet away from her

Soon we'll see Julie encased in lexan like the popemobile to keep her from these unclean houseguests!

• LOL 8

I wish they would put up a sign in the diary room that says "There is no such phrase as "gunning after me." You can say someone is "gunning for you" or "coming after you," but not "gunning after you." 

Nicole.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

Soon we'll see Julie encased in lexan like the popemobile to keep her from these unclean houseguests!

I mean, when Kaysar & Janelle get voted out, I'm out, but if Julie is going to pull a pope move & be encased, I'll stick around for that, with the TV on mute, so I don't have to hear CoCo. My husband is very kind, & when she was up & complaining that she didn't win, even he said she's obnoxious. Worst winner ever.

I know they're trying to emphasize how careful they are being in the midst of this pandemic, but masks are specifically meant for situations where social distancing of 6 feet or more isn't possible. Julie's a good ten feet away from her interview subjects. And the fact that she's not wearing a mask just sends mixed messages at a time when there's already so much confusion and controversy about the subject.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Julie's semi-faulty wiring is certainly showing this year... every live show it's something. Last week it was the bizarre citing of the Golden Rule with zero context.

Julie said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly last week that the Golden Rule sign off was to show support for Black Lives Matter but without actually saying Black Lives Matter. I think because that might scare off the people who believe otherwise or think it has no part in the game - which I think might actually be a decent chunk of the audience judging from how people have been reacting to the black HGs talking about being black and Da'Vonne's vote this week. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I know they're trying to emphasize how careful they are being in the midst of this pandemic, but masks are specifically meant for situations where social distancing of 6 feet or more isn't possible. Julie's a good ten feet away from her interview subjects. And the fact that she's not wearing a mask just sends mixed messages at a time when there's already so much confusion and controversy about the subject.

It's pointless virtue-signaling, as is her annoying habit of referring to herself using two last names. She's either "Julie Chen" or "Julie Moonves." Either is fine, but please pick one and stick with it (and the same goes for Hillary Rodham Clinton and Sarah Huckabee Sanders).

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

It's pointless virtue-signaling, as is her annoying habit of referring to herself using two last names. She's either "Julie Chen" or "Julie Moonves." Either is fine, but please pick one and stick with it (and the same goes for Hillary Rodham Clinton and Sarah Huckabee Sanders).

Can’t people keep both last names and not joint them? I don’t see the issue. The person’s full name could include both names. If their id says both names then that is their name.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I'm tired of the mask crap. They are useless, especially in this instance.

No. They are useless ONLY in this instance. Not especially. Because they absolutely are useful everywhere else. 

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 22

This season has all the excitement of a dial tone.

Like the rest of you, I was so waiting for this. My first thoughts after seeing the first mention on Global were that I will finally have something worthwhile to read through and cut through this boredom, and won't involve me seeking out old movie blogs and articles pre-2016. I considered skipping it once the rumours started flying, but I was all in Premiere Night.

I only started watching in 2013, so I was all pumped to see these players I'd heard so much about (Kaysar, Janelle, Dani, Memphis, Ian) and was looking forward to seeing it play out in real-time. But ... it's just so goddamn boring.

I liked Nicole last season, but I think that was more because she was one of the few tolerable people left. (Come to think of it, that's the reason I liked BadNicole in her first season.) That girl really was her own worst enemy, and I fail to see how she could be so unaware; I rooted for her before, but am so glad her and her tears are gone. She really burned any bridges by not paying attention to what people were saying to her.

As much as I like David, I have to agree that he really doesn't belong here, and every comp loss is starting to show a pattern.

19 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I want the winner to be the person who played the best game.  I don't think gender or ethnicity should play a role.

I agree. I want to see good game play, and, while it was initially interesting hearing different viewpoints, it can stop any day now. I want to watch Big Brother, not have a class lecture on race relations.

And I know he's an asshole, but Memphis has a really sexy voice. And I was digging his arms in the HOH comp he won.

Edited by HeShallBMySquishy
Forgot some words
  • Love 7

She's either "Julie Chen" or "Julie Moonves."

Lots of people hyphenate after marriage, but Julie only started using Moonves after her husband was fired from CBS so it feels like a gesture of protest. Yet she still shows up and collects a paycheck from the network so . . . whatever Julie. If she really wanted to support her husband you'd think she'd find another employer.

• Love 5

Nicole Anthony seemed to blow up a lot more this week than they bothered showing in the episodes, so Julie Chen's remark in the interview about misunderstanding Janelle wasn't given the necessary context. 

I do wonder if part of her thinking was that with Janelle and Kaysar such big targets she was hoping that by disassociating herself from them she would get more votes to stay.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

No. They are useless ONLY in this instance. Not especially. Because they absolutely are useful everywhere else. 

Yes. They are especially useless here because cloth masks like that protect everyone else from what the wearer may have. The HGs have been quarantined before they entered the house and have had no contact with anyone else since. Therefore, Julie is at absolutely no risk from any of them, especially since they are 10 feet apart. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, sara416 said:

Yes. They are especially useless here because cloth masks like that protect everyone else from what the wearer may have. The HGs have been quarantined before they entered the house and have had no contact with anyone else since. Therefore, Julie is at absolutely no risk from any of them, especially since they are 10 feet apart. 

You seem to be disagreeing with me, though I don’t know why. The post I quoted said that “I'm tired of the mask crap. They are useless, especially in this instance.” That added modifier of “especially” after the comma means that poster thinks that masks are useless everywhere else as well. Which is completely untrue. 

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

You seem to be disagreeing with me, though I don’t know why. The post I quoted said that “I'm tired of the mask crap. They are useless, especially in this instance.” That added modifier of “especially” after the comma means that poster thinks that masks are useless everywhere else as well. Which is completely untrue. 

Miscommunication. I totally agree with you. Masks are definitely NOT useless. Agreeing with you, disagreeing with the post you quoted. 

• Love 1