Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Forgot to say the Kelsey looked beautiful last night! Her solo looked great too, I hope she posts the whole thing on Insta - actually I hope they all post them on Insta with the real music. So far I have seen Kristen, Claire and Amber post theirs. 

8 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Now that they have DCC Instagram accounts they have all changed their main account profile pix to not be in DCC uniform.  

I guess it makes sense to have a separate DCC Insta but I had to ask myself if I really want to follow another Instagram page for all the girls 😂 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, KellyKapowski said:

Judy's response to the Kristin situation. I don't know if this has been posted on here, but I just saw this on the Shade & Sun FB group. 

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 12.45.02 PM.png

Maybe TPTB should take a lesson from Kristen on how to be supportive, empathetic and compassionate🤔. Once again, since she wasn’t cut, there was no reason to treat her like that. They could have shown just a clip and moved on to the next solo. Wished we could have seen Jalyns and Erins solos😢

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Now that they have DCC Instagram accounts they have all changed their main account profile pix to not be in DCC uniform.  

If they want the girls to have “company” IG accounts, fine. But I think it’s unreasonable to ask them all to change their profile pics to a non uniform pic on their personal accounts. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

If they want the girls to have “company” IG accounts, fine. But I think it’s unreasonable to ask them all to change their profile pics to a non uniform pic on their personal accounts. 

There is nothing reasonable about Kelli, we all know that if you don't stand at attention, salute and say yes ma'am you will be cut.

• Love 20
41 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

The two rookies I don’t really get - Sydney and Alora Rose. I feel like we haven’t seen enough to justify them making the team over Hannah and Brennan.

I am sure they will "justify" their decision  in the upcoming dance off segment. Because it makes perfect sense to keep consistently low scoring new rookies after two weeks of training camp in favor of proven, two year loyal veterans who were only given a week to perfect the new choreography.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

So I'm still trying to figure out what they are seeing. So far I think they don't like that she looks pale, maybe harsh, and her hair does appear stringy. You know how Kitty hates that stringy hair.

She's been shown to be "off" twice including last night. Both times its to that Evan Miller piece which is dubbed to the wrong song. If you go back and watch it - when it was taught to the rookies (episode 2) - a lot of them look awkward doing it. Just weird movements when set to the wrong music. So Hannah's "off" moments are both to that choreo. At least once, she was doing the correct move next to Kat who was doing the wrong move - but Hannah "wasn't herself."

Fully expect we will see more footage in the next two episodes - but so far I don't see a legitimate reason to kick her off the team completely after two years of success. She was also given three show group stickers - Melissa, Neil and Scott - so she couldn't have been all that bad.

can't get much stringier that Marissa 😝34F15B65-D9A5-43D4-AF8F-AB4A8BE21210.jpeg.7c1e2f873b8e25912300099e900be33d.jpeg

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I am sure they will "justify" their decision  in the upcoming dance off segment. Because it makes perfect sense to keep consistently low scoring new rookies after two weeks of training camp in favor of proven, two year loyal veterans who were only given a week to perfect the new choreography.

I don't get these two rookie choices either, one over compensates---Alora Rose & the other always seems sluggish to me---Sydney. Also there again with whatever way the wind is blowing regarding weight because Sydney looks pretty big (DCC big, i'd love to be as big as her) there have been how many girls that have been cut for looking much smaller than her. In their rehearsal attire from behind she looks extremely bottom heavy & her thighs look large (not shaming please know that) in the real world she'd look incredible but in certain DCC worlds she'd be told she was stocky, had a thut... the whole scene is infuriating with their inconsistencies... 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I don't get these two rookie choices either, one over compensates---Alora Rose & the other always seems sluggish to me---Sydney. Also there again with whatever way the wind is blowing regarding weight because Sydney looks pretty big (DCC big, i'd love to be as big as her) there have been how many girls that have been cut for looking much smaller than her. In their rehearsal attire from behind she looks extremely bottom heavy & her thighs look large (not shaming please know that) in the real world she'd look incredible but in certain DCC worlds she'd be told she was stocky, had a thut... the whole scene is infuriating with their inconsistencies... 

I think they are allowing more body variability this year - rightly so. Though, they may still be discussing it off camera, they have at least figured out that its not a good look for them to keep talking about weight on camera. Claire and Sydney are gorgeous but  a few years ago both would have been put on weight warning - along with a few vets. 

13 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

can't get much stringier that Marissa 😝34F15B65-D9A5-43D4-AF8F-AB4A8BE21210.jpeg.7c1e2f873b8e25912300099e900be33d.jpeg

But Marissa has curled stringy which Kitty adores - lol. I'm just remembering when she went on about Erica's hair and then later Tara's lack of hair oomph. I guess it's Hannah's flat stringy she doesn't like.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KellyKapowski said:

Judy's response to the Kristin situation. I don't know if this has been posted on here, but I just saw this on the Shade & Sun FB group. 

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 12.45.02 PM.png

I’m sure they have people using their insta commenting as Judy, Kelli etc. That comment is just plugging the show. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Dance can be more than just the steps. It's about portraying emotion, feeling and often a message. Sure, it wasn't filled with perfect precision or technique (she's only in the studio and I know she has better technique than that) but it goes beyond that. I loved that she went bold for this one and am very annoyed (but not surprised) at the edit. 

I agree.  For messaging Kristin gets a 10, but  the judges are rating the performance, which was not very good IMO. Was her edit shitty? Yes. Do I think compared to what we saw from others she should have made Show Group? No. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Trixi said:

And Melissa’s thoughts on VK for point🤮

I find it interesting they showed nothing of Jalyn’s solo. Makes me think if they did they wud have a hard time justifying her not making show group🤔

so excited to see vk at point ...... not 🤢

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Can someone post links to Claire and Amber's solos? If possible, thanks so much! I'd love to see them. And to whomever said they hoped Kelcey posts hers, yasss!

image.png.b46d63e7653ddc6e9f065bfa8ec2a4db.png  2nd request - Can we please put all of the solos in one separate new thread?  that will make it easy for everyone to find and reference. 

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, TUOwl84 said:

Can Maddie do anything else?  Isn't this the 3rd year in a row that her solo has been the same...right down to her look! 🥱 😴 

image0 (8).jpeg

Maddie is a snoozefest... 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Can Maddie do anything else?  Isn't this the 3rd year in a row that her solo has been the same...right down to her look! 🥱 😴 

image0 (8).jpeg

I'll give her a pass. Difficult times this year so it makes sense to default to what she knows. I do wish they'd stop trying to sell her as some hip hop genius though. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

I actually wish Meredith had been on the team this year. The DCC could have used her beauty and poise on those dumb touchdown decks, especially since the girls didn't even seem to execute super difficult choreography on the decks. I feel that Meredith could have handled what was needed for this year's squad. I admire her seeming grace and kindness, and would have preferred her to certain clunky or Ozark 4 or inappropriate Tik Tok or bland 5th years or player-dating girls.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
On 11/12/2020 at 11:43 PM, Jesiklyn said:

I've never heard of this, but am not in the US, why is it controversial?

I'm assuming its a MLMS (Multi Level Marketing Scheme)

I have a friend who used this to help grow her hair back after Chemo.  She stands by it as a great product for what she used it for.

• Useful 1
25 minutes ago, GeekToTheCore said:

I actually wish Meredith had been on the team this year. The DCC could have used her beauty and poise on those dumb touchdown decks, especially since the girls didn't even seem to execute super difficult choreography on the decks. I feel that Meredith could have handled what was needed for this year's squad. I admire her seeming grace and kindness, and would have preferred her to certain clunky or Ozark 4 or inappropriate Tik Tok or bland 5th years or player-dating girls.

I still laugh when the ozark 4 is mentioned lol 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

image0 (8).jpeg

Eventhough DCC's own Shirley Temple has a heart of gold and is kind to everyone (and kindness is all that matters), I never thought of Maddie as an archetypical Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. She never had the look or the charisma. Yes, she is a sufficient good dancer. But is this enough? Discussing whether this is actually enough and discussing Maddie is in a way discussing and defining what a DCC should be.

After her initial cut, Maddie became a poster child for the comeback girl, for someone who had changed herself into a stand out dancer and who's determination and character changed her into someone who belonged on the squad.

This was Maddie's narrative arc and the first years it worked like a charm. But after 5 years it is wearing a little thin. Why hasn't her determination and character changed her into something new again? Why hasn't Maddie evolved beyond the 'hip hop' solo? A missed opportunity.

• Love 23
15 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I’m giving her a pass, too. How many years did we have sit through Lacey’s lyrical, Amy’s tap dancing and Jinelle’s jiggly hoedown routines? Most of the girls turn in the same type of routine year after year. Maddie’s is obvious only because it’s hip hop and very few of the girls dance in that style. 

This, exactly! We’ll be seeing 5 more years of a VK lyrical as well😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, sATL said:

to all of who know about the dance moves/skills - 

Marisa did a move towards the end of what was shown of her solo, where she got up from the floor, on the front of her foot/toes. What is that move / skill/ technique called ?

Toe rise! Not very imaginative but nice and self explanatory lol

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/29/2020 at 7:36 PM, Lona said:

Brave. Considerate. Kind. Bold. Outspoken. 

All qualities this organization should want in a DCC and an ambassador. 

Guess not anymore ... 🙄

K&C, and the Cowboy Organization, NEVER wanted this. It's nothing but lip service.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, kamdcc123woo said:

I kindly disagree. If she's such a great dancer, she should be able to showcase different styles of dance and not just fall back on hip hop year in and year out. 

Honestly, they shat so much on her earlier lyrical pieces (the most positive remark I ever saw was for her turns) I don't blame her for sticking with hip-hop. It's high energy and showcases what they "want" to see in a DCC. She knows her crowd and she's playing to it. I personally enjoy her solos b/c of her energy and joy that she seems to have when dancing. Is she the best hip-hopper? Nope, still fun to watch tho

• Love 9

Does anyone know when/if we'll see Taylor the teacher? She only came in for one day or so, right? I thought she came in for solos/show group auditions, but I didn't see her in the episode. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they don't mention her at all this season, since it would further highlight how unsafe and unsecured "the bubble" really was.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Vandy10 said:

Does anyone know when/if we'll see Taylor the teacher? She only came in for one day or so, right? I thought she came in for solos/show group auditions, but I didn't see her in the episode. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they don't mention her at all this season, since it would further highlight how unsafe and unsecured "the bubble" really was.

Taylor one day audition was the day after showgroup was announced so maybe next episode or we may not see it at all 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, cgloss said:

I’m giving her a pass, too. How many years did we have sit through Lacey’s lyrical, Amy’s tap dancing and Jinelle’s jiggly hoedown routines? Most of the girls turn in the same type of routine year after year. Maddie’s is obvious only because it’s hip hop and very few of the girls dance in that style. 

I'm pretty sure that Lacey didn't do lyrical her first audition.  I thought it was a jazz number?  Amy's last audition was not a tap dance if I recall.  The only thing that comes to mind is "don't do sh*t you can't do"  but at the same time TPTB claims to want the "all-around performer."  

• Love 3

2 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

Honestly, they shat so much on her earlier lyrical pieces (the most positive remark I ever saw was for her turns) I don't blame her for sticking with hip-hop. It's high energy and showcases what they "want" to see in a DCC. She knows her crowd and she's playing to it. I personally enjoy her solos b/c of her energy and joy that she seems to have when dancing. Is she the best hip-hopper? Nope, still fun to watch tho

I don’t see a problem with Maddie doing hip hop since that is a genre that is good for her BUT it’s the same routine, like the same aerial, tricks, and the type of hip hop. It needs to be updated.

• Love 15