Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Thoughts?

I believe that is the actual contract, at least Kelli implied it was.  I took a snip from an old post, and the original poster managed to get a screenshot when that episode 1st aired...on subsequent airings the part above the fraternization policy was blurred out.

• Love 3
On 9/9/2020 at 8:12 AM, mizzhyer said:

Oh....this is horrible

Couldn't agree more.  Someone said it upthread, K/J have cut others for the same body form.  There is no curve to her body to mold to the "DCC Look".  They just want a bunch of Barbie's.  I hope that K/J, seriously realize that Barbie is a freaking toy, not a reality.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

I don’t think that is a contract but policies. I can’t see no gum chewing as paper of a contract but it clearly it is part of their overall policies.

Kelli said to Holly "what part of the contract don't you understand?" and Kelli showed her that piece of paper, so I assume it's the contract.

• Love 10
On 9/8/2020 at 8:24 PM, go4luca said:

It kind of cracks me up how much Primetimer discussion I see makes it to the FB groups. 

Why don't they just come here to post.  We don't bite. 😄

I followed some of the DCC fb groups before I found this forum. But I haven't looked at a DCC fb group in a long time, because I didn't find them to be as honest. Everything was all 'flowery' and NOT the real story. It seems most all drink the DCC koolaid or they just know that much about facts. JMO

• Love 8

I would think that Kelli would have a no personal travel policy if they are practicing together.  I have no problem with these women heading off to the Lake of the Ozarks or Amber heading to Arkansas or wherever else these ladies want to go in a normal time.  I expect all the girls of age and some not of age to drink.  And since we have not seen pictures and they were smart enough to not post anything, I do not know if they were drunk etc.  Nor do I care since all of them are of age although TPTB may care.  The heading to the Lake of the Ozarks which has been noted for Covid outbreaks was not smart.  Since I am sure they have several people monitoring this forum, the ladies will probably be asked about their Labor Day weekend.  

Obviously there is no bubble but I would hope the cheerleaders are being careful.  It goes to what I said before they do not need to go to bars or on vacation even if this goes on for a longer amount of time.  Everyone needs to practice social distancing and continue to stay at home as much as they can for this virus to ever stop.  People have to work.  They do not have to party.  I don't care they are in their mid 20's and healthy.  These women could all be carriers.  

• Love 19
On 9/4/2020 at 12:46 PM, JapMo said:

Has anyone ever quoted themselves, LOL?  I'm doing it, because I should have expanded on my Gina lovefest.  The reason Gina stands out so much more than the other girls and deserves to be point is she knows how to work a room.  That room could be a tiny cabaret with 25 people in it or a stadium of 50,000.  People's eyes are just drawn to her...you can't help it.  And that's why I called it the "it" factor.  You can't learn that or fake it.  It's there or it's not.  With KaShara, that's all you saw...KaShara.  All eyes were focused on her.  Amy as point had it to a lesser extent, and it was fine for what they needed.  But Maddie, I'm sorry, but to me she just completely disappears into the woodwork.  People will naturally look at her first because she's in the front but shortly after will start looking elsewhere.  I mean all the girls work as a team, I realize that, but point is special.  You have to have a star at point, and Maddie, or Tess for that matter, are not it.    

This 100 % !!!   And your post immediately before!   Very well said !  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Just my take, but Gina deserves to be within the first 3 rows.

In a realistic setting I would place her 3 row on the side or behind point. She is a great dancer but the cameras don't really love her (atleast for me) to be point 🤭

I have to correct myself slightly. A while ago I made a edit of how the point should look according to me and I had Gina on the 3rd row 😂 (I also took senority and the previous formation in count so it is kind of a mess lol

20200910_193415.png

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, KoKo said:

Although Robin was never point, Kelli always used her as a positive example and how it was unfortunate for any other DCC having to dance beside her (I believe she was referring to former Kat at one time) because she had that something extra/pop !! I adored Robin -she was amazing!!     Another example who WAS a point and probably one of the very best-ever- is Nicole.    To say that she had the "it"/something extra" factor is an understatement!    IMO, Gina is very worthy of the point at the very least for this ability.  

Gina is a rockstar dancer, but the girl isn't HD friendly. Her makeup has been addressed twice and she still looks like Jack Nicholson from the Shining when she's on the field. Before the bubble the girl didn't have a single shot on IG that wasn't buried in filters.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

I would never put Tess on the side of point.  She is too tall and too bland of a dancer.  If they have to put her in the triangle (and I really wish they would not), hide her behind point.  Go by dance chops and not necessarily seniority.  That's what gave us bland, vanilla Amy for her time sharing point last season.

• Love 11

It’s crazy how Lisa is on the team yet they cut Vivian a fan favorite who was just as short with a similar body type. Gosh I’m just ready for Kelli and Judy to retire so we can have fresh people and hopefully they won’t care about girls drinking there kool aid to be on the team. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I would never put Tess on the side of point.  She is too tall and too bland of a dancer.  If they have to put her in the triangle (and I really wish they would not), hide her behind point.  Go by dance chops and not necessarily seniority.  That's what gave us bland, vanilla Amy for her time sharing point last season.

I prefered Amy over Maddie tbh

1 minute ago, DCCland said:

It’s crazy how Lisa is on the team yet they cut Vivian a fan favorite who was just as short with a similar body type. Gosh I’m just ready for Kelli and Judy to retire so we can have fresh people and hopefully they won’t care about girls drinking there kool aid to be on the team. 

Lisa is a better dancer than Vivian though. I my opinion ofcourse

• Love 1
1 minute ago, javajunkiee said:

Gina is a rockstar dancer, but the girl isn't HD friendly. Her makeup has been addressed twice and she still looks like Jack Nicholson from the Shining when she's on the field. Before the bubble the girl didn't have a single shot on IG that wasn't buried in filters.

I totally understand what you're saying although I personally think Gina's come a long way.   With that being said,  I feel that same way about Maddie and Amy.  While Maddie has a cute, extremely young face and I just can't find the tactful words to say about Amy, without simply saying I think she's bland, vanilla and I personally think Gina is a hell of a lot cuter, again, JUST my opinion....... Neither is/was powerful enough to be point ~ it's all subjective.  

• Love 7

Point will always be somewhat controversial. I get that. Kashara’s second year at point is pretty much the only year in recent times where I thought there was a clear cut person for point (and I know that some people wanted Lacey).  But even if someone disliked the point, the other girls in the triangle were usually great performers too. 

What annoyed me about last year is that they went with Maddie and Amy for what seemed to be no reason other than seniority, and then, the other girls in the triangle weren’t great either. It was just bizarre. Think of previous years where girls could’ve shared point - we could’ve had Kashara/Lacey, Jennifer/Jenna, Holly/Emma, Mia/Jackie, Whitney/Ashton, etc... Literally, every one of those pairings would’ve been 10x better than Amy/Maddie, but that’s what we got! I still don’t get the logic. Were they just mad at Gina or scared that they would piss of the senior vets by throwing some of the great 2 years (from last year) up there? It made no sense, and I hope they don’t repeat the same error this year.

Edited by Jess14
typo
  • Love 17
22 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Point will always be somewhat controversial. I get that. Kashara’s second year at point is pretty much the only year in recent times where I thought there was a clear cut person for point (and I know that some people wanted Lacey).  But even if someone disliked the point, the other girls in the triangle were usually great performers too. 

What annoyed me about last year is that they went with Maddie and Amy for what seemed to be no reason other than seniority, and then, the other girls in the triangle weren’t great either. It was just bizarre. Think of previous years where girls could’ve shared point - we could’ve had Kashara/Lacey, Jennifer/Jenna, Holly/Emma, Mia/Jackie, Whitney/Ashton, etc... Literally, every one of those pairings would’ve been 10x better than Amy/Maddie, but that’s what we got! I still don’t get the logic. Were thru just mad at Gina or scared that they would piss of the senior vets by throwing some of the great 2 years (from last year) up there? It made no sense, and I hope they don’t repeat the same error this year.

That’s right.

The pairs Kashara/Lacey, Jennifer/Jenna, Holly/Emma, Mia/Jackie, Whitney/Ashton cannot be in the same sentence as Amy/Maddie. There is just no comparison. 100x better.

Amanda/Kelcey or Rachel W/Caroline can compare.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

That’s right.

The pairs Kashara/Lacey, Jennifer/Jenna, Holly/Emma, Mia/Jackie, Whitney/Ashton cannot be in the same sentence as Amy/Maddie. There is just no comparison. 100x better.

💯

This perfectly exemplifies why I'm not a fan of seniority over dance chops.

1 hour ago, AYTOfan said:

I prefered Amy over Maddie tbh

I never preferred either but would take Maddie over Amy for me.  Different strokes.  It's all good!

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

💯

This perfectly exemplifies why I'm not a fan of seniority over dance chops.

I never preferred either but would take Maddie over Amy for me.  Different strokes.  It's all good!

Maddie over Amy. Every. Single. Time.

• Love 22
54 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

What annoyed me about last year is that they went with Maddie and Amy for what seemed to be no reason other than seniority, and then, the other girls in the triangle weren’t great either. It was just bizarre. Think of previous years where girls could’ve shared point - we could’ve had Kashara/Lacey, Jennifer/Jenna, Holly/Emma, Mia/Jackie, Whitney/Ashton, etc... Literally, every one of those pairings would’ve been 10x better than Amy/Maddie, but that’s what we got! I still don’t get the logic. Were thru just mad at Gina or scared that they would piss of the senior vets by throwing some of the great 2 years (from last year) up there? It made no sense, and I hope they don’t repeat the same error this year.

So true... they had so many great dancers up front in the previous seasons and yet, they only did the sharing point last season?

As for having less “stellar” dancers around point, it makes sense. You can’t put a Bridget next to Amy or Maddie as point. Lexie was more photogenic and closer to the usual dcc look, but still isn’t the best dance wise. I know most consider Heather too vanilla, but I think she’d outshine any of them in the triangle. She definitely did during the Queen performance imo.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

119114138_2674102089572029_4690667302193

Yep, totally looks like a DCC to me! 

I think Lisa has great hair and a solid smile, and I’m impressed with her book smarts too. Body type is always going to be a hot issue, especially when Kelli is so dang inconsistent. But IIRC they found a cameo shot that worked just fine, and she’s strong and fit, doesn’t bounce around the scales. So all good and/or good enough things.  

But holy smokes, her sense of style and how that style works for her figure! Yikes!  As judge Brenda said once about a diff candidates makeup - “all of this is NOT working for her.” 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

So true... they had so many great dancers up front in the previous seasons and yet, they only did the sharing point last season?

As for having less “stellar” dancers around point, it makes sense. You can’t put a Bridget next to Amy or Maddie as point. Lexie was more photogenic and closer to the usual dcc look, but still isn’t the best dance wise. I know most consider Heather too vanilla, but I think she’d outshine any of them in the triangle. She definitely did during the Queen performance imo.

Yep, and that’s why I think they rounded out the triangle with Lexie/ Tess. They knew that they wouldn’t outshine Maddie/Amy, but that’s another reason why it shouldn’t have been Maddie/Amy in the first place. Literally, any combo of Gina/Alanna/Ashlee/Rachel W/Amber/Caroline/Jalyn would be an upgrade this year. I’m all for Gina at point, but I’ll take any improvement over last year’s formation at this point. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I think Lisa has great hair and a solid smile, and I’m impressed with her book smarts too. Body type is always going to be a hot issue, especially when Kelli is so dang inconsistent. But IIRC they found a cameo shot that worked just fine, and she’s strong and fit, doesn’t bounce around the scales. So all good and/or good enough things.  

But holy smokes, her sense of style and how that style works for her figure! Yikes!  As judge Brenda said once about a diff candidates makeup - “all of this is NOT working for her.” 

She tucks her chin down and that makes her lack of a neck even more pronounced.  I don't have any issues with her body type...I'm a short necked, stocky gal myself...but I'm like you...the style of clothes...does NOT work for her at all.  She needs something softer...something that doesn't make her look like she's auditioning for Jay's position. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 15

I wonder of the NFL will put a penalty/ fine in place this year for if a team jeopardizes the season through irresponsible behaviors around their bubbles which then has players testing positive? 

If the girls as being as loose as rumored around safety and bubbles, they could easily get COVID and it wouldn't be hard for a player to then contract it from them. That could cause the whole NFL season to pause/stop.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

She tucks her chin down and that makes her lack of a neck even more pronounced.  I don't have any issues with her body type...I'm a short necked, stocky gal myself...but I'm like you...the style of clothes...does NOT work for her at all.  She needs something softer...something that doesn't make her look like she's auditioning for Jay's position. 

Agreed. I don’t know much about Lisa’s personality or behavior, so I won’t comment on that, but I don’t have a problem with her dancing or body type. I agree that Kelli has double standards regarding body types, but I liked Vivian (her first TC) and Megan and would’ve been happy to see both make it. Thus, given that I think it’s a good thing for there to be more diverse body types on the team, I’m not going to complain when someone with a different body type makes it. It’s not like she’s not in shape. I have a much bigger issue with Kelli’s double standards regarding weight gain than body type. However, Lisa’s fashion choices are horrible, and the “tough girl” poses or whatever she’s going for needs to go...ASAP!

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 10

I have no problem with Lisa's look.  She's very in shape with great abs.  Some of her personal photos may not be the most flattering but her cameos look fine.  Her first year in her solo she looked amazing and she was noticed by several guest choreographers.  IMO she looked quite different in the uniform than Vivian who was heavier for her frame her first year and her second year was slim but wasted her training camp admiring herself in the mirror.  Lisa is so much better dancing than Vivian.  Lisa's never had a problem with her kicks, doing the jump split etc.  IMO Vivian's cuts had a lot more to do with her dances, her kicks, etc than just her weight.  Vivian's second training camp was just a train wreck.

I've always advocated for more than just the scary skinny girls.  

As to point, there are several girls that would do great up there.  Rachel W, IMO she's one of the most photogenic on the squad and her dancing has really stepped up.  I don't see the vacant stare other people do.  Amber is another solid choice.  Maddie now that she is roommates with Alexis and Rachel A, I expect her to be more glammed up.  I thought Gina would get it at one point but her extras seem to make it look like a difference dance.  If Gina was going to get it, it would have been last year.  As much as we have this debate on Amy/Maddie being so vanilla etc if you watch the old shows they are consistently pointed out by guest choreographers.  Did they reach Kashara/Holly H/Jennifer A/Nicole H level maybe not be still solid.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

That’s right.

Amanda/Kelcey or Rachel W/Caroline can compare.

I am totally here for a Rachel W/Caroline point. Rachel W/Amber would also be amazing.

Amanda/Kelcey point would be awesome too actually. I hope they stay for more years!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

As to point, there are several girls that would do great up there.  Rachel W, IMO she's one of the most photogenic on the squad and her dancing has really stepped up.  I don't see the vacant stare other people do.  Amber is another solid choice.  Maddie now that she is roommates with Alexis and Rachel A, I expect her to be more glammed up.  I thought Gina would get it at one point but her extras seem to make it look like a difference dance.  If Gina was going to get it, it would have been last year.  As much as we have this debate on Amy/Maddie being so vanilla etc if you watch the old shows they are consistently pointed out by guest choreographers.  Did they reach Kashara/Holly H/Jennifer A/Nicole H level maybe not be still solid.  

I never saw the vacant stare either. I haven't seen a single bad picture of her. 

The guest choreographers pointing out Maddie and Amy is very true, I guess maybe in person they shine more.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I believe that is the actual contract, at least Kelli implied it was.  I took a snip from an old post, and the original poster managed to get a screenshot when that episode 1st aired...on subsequent airings the part above the fraternization policy was blurred out.

6 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I don’t think that is a contract but policies. I can’t see no gum chewing as paper of a contract but it clearly it is part of their overall policies.

I wonder if all of that is in the contract (yep, even the gum chewing -- as an example of unacceptable behaviour), but they just used pages from that huge notebook we see them carrying to their first meeting for ease/clarity.

I would think the policies sections in it would be much clearer/concise (without all the legalese) than in the contract itself & thus easier to use to make your point.

ETA: When I was in college in student housing, I had landlords that would do that -- they would have the actual contract with all of the legalese, but they would also give you (& refer to) another list with what they considered the "important" points - rent due date, late fee, no pets, no "wild" parties, no overnight guests, etc.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I feel the same.  I think K&J caved being more concerned about backlash from senior vets if they went with say Bridget last year.  What a missed opportunity.  This is why I prefer dance strength and sparkle far more than seniority.  Just because you've been on the team 4+ years doesn't mean you've improved enough to be point.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 12

So, in the UK they’re currently playing an old series on a Channel called ITVBe where Dayton is in training camp along with VK - watching Hannah and Brennan is making me so sad they got cut all over again  😭 although VK has just been in the office with Jinelle over her 11lb weight gain. 

they’re also throwing in throw backs to old vets for a “where are they now” thing 

Edited by Manc.UK.DCCfan
Added more
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I feel the same.  I think K&J caved being more concerned about backlash from senior vets if they went with say Bridget last year.  What a missed opportunity.  This is why I prefer dance strength and sparkle far more than seniority.  Just because you've been on the team 4+ years doesn't mean you've improved enough to be point.

Still strange cause like we've all said before  - Crystal and KaShara were 3 year vets - why worry about seniority now?  And when have they ever worried about the opinions of the vets?  It's a K&J world and they just dance in it.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, AYTOfan said:
23 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

Totally forgot I also made a overview with the retirements. I am gonna miss them all, especially Heather and Alexis

I'm going to miss Alexis, too.  Maddie is my favorite, but I've always thought Alexis was a good dancer and had an exotic look.  I'm surprised I don't read more good things about her.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Still strange cause like we've all said before  - Crystal and KaShara were 3 year vets - why worry about seniority now?  And when have they ever worried about the opinions of the vets?  It's a K&J world and they just dance in it.

Things change.  All the time.

My point picks.

2020: Because, why not? Maddie, with better hair. I love you Mads but the tight curls need to go.

2019Maddie, the shared point was stupid and you could see the disappointment on Amy's face.
2018: KaShara
2017: Jenna
2016: Jenna
2015: Holly A
2014: Holly A
2013: Emma
2012: Mia
2011: Ashton
2010: Ashton
2009: Queen Nicole
2008: Queen Nicole
2007: Queen Nicole
2006: Queen Nicole

• Love 8
6 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

In a realistic setting I would place her 3 row on the side or behind point. She is a great dancer but the cameras don't really love her (atleast for me) to be point 🤭

I have to correct myself slightly. A while ago I made a edit of how the point should look according to me and I had Gina on the 3rd row 😂 (I also took senority and the previous formation in count so it is kind of a mess lol

20200910_193415.png

Literally every. single. time. I see Amber, I ask “who is that?” Pretty girl, but she is the definition of forgettable for me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah, I don’t remember seniority mattering as much in the past. I also don’t know that they put Maddie/Amy upfront to avoid conflict on the team (it’s just a theory), but I don’t think the Kashara situation is all that comparable. After Erica’s departure, there were only 3 girls on the team who were senior to Kashara, and one was Jenna - we all know what happened there. So, there just weren’t that many senior vets on the team like there were last year. I don’t think it’s a question that Jenna or a healthy Erica would’ve been point if they knew how to follow rules. But putting Bridget at point for example, while the right thing to do, would’ve been jumping a lot of girls who had seniority over her.

I don’t remember the makeup of the team when Crystal was there.

• Love 1