Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, GeekToTheCore said:

I also (whether fair or not) continue to be highly disappointed in the DCC vets who have not taken a stand. Maddie especially seems like such as champion of others, and her seeming radio silence is deafening. 

This seems very unfair.

Many of them are commenting on Brennan's post with support. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Lurker9018 said:

This. This. THIS! I couldn’t put my finger on what I was feeling until THIS. It’s like they looked at the current veterans and said, “Who here will actually do something with their lives bigger than DCC?” and then cut them. They cut the women.of.actual.substance! Of all the veterans, these are the girls you’ll meet twenty years from now and laugh when they tell you they used to be a DCC because - even though they’re stunning girl-next-door types - they don’t at all fit the stereotype of a “SAHM / trophy-wife / MLM pusher” who lives through their kids (and pretends they don’t know their husband cheats on them every chance he gets) because their best days are far, far behind them. Brennan, Lily, and Hannah - go out and take on the world! You are way too good for these old, has-been, BASIC BITCHES!

Also - “HEY!” - long time hate-lurking Missourian over here. Haven’t watched the show in years because I can’t stand to watch Kelli (the miserable human being she is...) slut-shame and tear-down beautiful young women who are too young to realize being a DCC should at-most be a hobby on their journey to a successful, fulfilling life and not the highlight of their lives!

Your first paragraph 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼. There are a few women on this team who this will just be a box checked and not define them. These three are a few of them. 

• Love 11

I am totally disgusted with this organization. They should be empowering women and not beating them down. I won’t be watching anymore because I truly feel they take girls for rating and drama and disregard talent. I don’t know why these ladies were cut, but K & J let go of these ladies unnecessarily in my opinion. We are in a pandemic and they worried about making a squad for a TV show. 

Meredith: you are a beautiful and talented young lady with a great future ahead of you. Follow your heart and be proud of the year you had on the DCC Squad 

Lily: I remember crying the first year you got cut out of shock. You persevered and came back stronger and earned your spot. Be proud of this accomplishment. 

Brennan: I rooted for you from the first time I saw you and you were a determined lady. You persevered and came back stronger each year and finally accomplished your dream. You were an amazing DCC and a great ambassador for the organization. Best of luck and I will miss you! 

Hannah: I’m at a loss right now. You were another determined young lady who came back year after year to achieve your dream. You are such a strong person and talented dancer. I was so impressed when you talked about mental illness and shared your story. I showed it to a few people who were suffering through a difficult time and it really lifted there spirits in a dark time. You will be surely missed and I wish you the best. 

• Love 24
7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Oh, that’s easy: it creates drama for their reality show. These girls are mere pawns. 

Well they should have a great deal of drama for their show already since they have current and rookie dancers who are screwing the players lol. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Without getting into politics, she was tweeting and retweeting some extremely conservative comments. Not everyone's cup of tea and some were definitely controversial to most.

So you just can't have an independent thought to post unless you agree with the Joneses, like Rachel W?  Okay, that checks out.  Holy shit, I would have been burned at the stake in "their world", I mean "jerry world".  

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Seabiscuit wasn't the easiest Thoroughbred horse to get along with. History has it was that he was rather ill-tempered. He was also rather plain-looking: smaller than the average Thoroughbred, and a basic, brown color. Unlike the much taller, flashier, War Admiral, who was nearly black in color.

He also had rather ugly knees. (Sorry, I just HAD to add that. Blame it on being a former history teacher and a professional equestrian. )

Brennan's post was pure class, just as I expected it would be.

Seabiscuit Ligaroti.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Deweymom said:

Without getting into politics, she was tweeting and retweeting some extremely conservative comments. Not everyone's cup of tea and some were definitely controversial to most.

So you just can't have an independent thought to post unless you agree with the Joneses, like Rachel W?  Okay, that checks out.  Holy shit, I would have been burned at the stake in "their world", I mean "jerry world".  

Exactly! They’ll cut women who are classy and poised but make a girl who didn’t know blackface was offensive the point girl...

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

He also had rather ugly knees. (Sorry, I just HAD to add that. Blame it on being a former history teacher and a professional equestrian. )

Brennan's post was pure class, just as I expected it would be.

Seabiscuit Ligaroti.jpg

Former horse owner here, too. Yes, he had ugly knees. He was just all-around plain; but an amazing runner!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

The idea of Kelli making a "example" of a COVID-19 survivor makes my blood boil. I mean, is it just me or are the optics of this horrible? They could have kept Brennan on the squad and made a "hero's story" out of her battle and recovery. Especially since there are not going to be performances on the field this season anyway!!!! This is just mind-blowing.

Yes exactly... The only storyline I can think of is “poor Brennan can perform a whole game” which is... who cares? Yes obviously in any other season I could see them getting a pass for being such huge AH but... are you seriously going to cut someone who is just recovering from an illness that has killed 170.000 people in your country alone in the span of a few months? When said someone can just do appearances in the meantime anyway? And when you know they won’t perform? And after a season where you had people rotating or even doing just pregame? Really? There were SO many options to keep Brennan and wait it out... And yes if the cheerleaders’ ban was announced today, dcc already knew this was going to be announced. 

18 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

This comment from Briana made me laugh, but honestly Brennan is better off away from an organization that got mad if she wore a TURTLENECK! Like seriously?

IMG_3017.thumb.jpg.9ccbb6a130fecfaac365c9d055066ac9.jpg

I don’t really get it... does she really mean that they’re not allowed to wear turtlenecks?

I have to admit, some of the comments from vets won’t sit well with Kelli... including Briana’s. Considering that they have to apologize for breathing the wrong way according to kelli, applauding Brennan for her post won’t help them in the long run.

Aaand VK hasn’t replied yet, which I would certainly expect from Brennan’s boot buddy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

She "supposedly" slept with a football player...... but I believe that as much as I believed when someone posted that Gina "quit" or that there was going to be a mass exodus of vets before auditions began. 

It's crazy.....this site is so fickle!  Just a two days ago majority of the people on here were raving about how Kat was "amazing" and funny she is, how much stronger she's become as a dancer, and what a great ambassador she is.   Now because of an unfounded vile rumor, all of sudden shes a weak dancer,  a mean girl, and not worthy of being a DCC?  It's ridiculous.  Nothing irks me more than women tearing down other women.

I was definitely one of the people who was saying how cute and funny I think Kat is. I still do. I also think it's ridiculous to have a rule in a signed contract that is only enforced when it suits a reality show storyline. This two opinions are not mutually exclusive. I also think the rule of no fraternizing with players is archaic and puts the entire responsibility on the cheerleader. It is both parties' involved responsibilities. 

Edited by StarWarner
Misspelling
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

She "supposedly" slept with a football player...... but I believe that as much as I believed when someone posted that Gina "quit" or that there was going to be a mass exodus of vets before auditions began. 

It's crazy.....this site is so fickle!  Just a two days ago majority of the people on here were raving about how Kat was "amazing" and funny she is, how much stronger she's become as a dancer, and what a great ambassador she is.   Now because of an unfounded vile rumor, all of sudden shes a weak dancer,  a mean girl, and not worthy of being a DCC?  It's ridiculous.  Nothing irks me more than women tearing down other women.

Kat was definitely bottom 36/37 last year and was at risk of being cut.  

• Love 3

All kidding aside - WOW

Lily and Meredith aren’t complete shocks although totally heartbreaking. 

But Brennan and Hannah you have got to be kidding me. Both are poised, intelligent, well spoken ambassadors for this team. And considering that’s what they will be this season, ambassadors, not dancers, I just can’t get past this. I take *some* solace in knowing they are probably better off getting away from that toxic environment but not enough to make this feel ok

• Love 13

My heart actually breaks for these incredible women! I don’t know what TPTB are playing at here and maybe we don’t know the whole story but these decisions are appalling and the organisation is barreling down this slope they’ve begun on in the last few seasons. Torn bc I don’t want to support the organisation anymore but am curious to see if they can justify this in the show.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Mvdb said:

My heart actually breaks for these incredible women! I don’t know what TPTB are playing at here and maybe we don’t know the whole story but these decisions are appalling and the organisation is barreling down this slope they’ve begun on in the last few seasons. Torn bc I don’t want to support the organisation anymore but am curious to see if they can justify this in the show.

The only justification for this would be if Hannah deliberately left and unfortunately i dont think thats the case. This is just some cold heart BS to create drama to the show this year. Unfortunately its at these girls expense. They deserve better! 

• Love 7

We see flashes of "rebellion" here and there: Erica Jenkin's lawsuit, Khalyn's disappointed posting about the lack of BIPOC women in the new squad(after she had retired),one or two squad members speaking out about BLM, Bridget's recent post that has now disappeared, and Brennan's comment. TPTB want to keep up this facade of "America's Sweethearts", but the real message they put to these women is "Stepford Wives". I would bet money they make them sign a Non-disclosure agreement when they retire/cut, which is why we've never seen a tell-all book.

Edited by Muckypup61
punctuation
  • Love 21
15 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

I’ll just say this, the pro dance community is VERY small. I’m a former dancer myself and have come into contact with girls from teams all over. Kat was rumored to have slept with players back in Charlotte when she was an NBA dancer. This is NOT new info. Maybe to this forum, but not to those who have mutual friends/teammates of hers. Kat is only being highlighted here because she’s currently on the team, but the real conversation as based around Rookie candidate Sydney who is currently dealing with a cowboys player and appears to have only left the AtL falcons to chase behind a guy on the team. 

Edited by Itswhatisaid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Aaand VK hasn’t replied yet, which I would certainly expect from Brennan’s boot buddy.

Victoria and Lisa are always the first to replied on everyone's posts and neither one has said a word to Brennan.  Now that they see it on here I am sure they will get right on it unless they are afraid Kelli might get made at them.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

I’m sorry, I would take being compared to Kris Jenner as a slap in the face 😳

Brennan loves Kris Jenner and even dressed up as her for a DCC Halloween party once so I think it was Kat trying to be nice 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I’m in the UK and getting up my information on this here , get Meredith and lily they didn’t sparkle to me and I like Hannah great dancer just don’t get Why they got  rid of Brennan she was class when I saw her interviewed and not fake like some of the girls , sorry I know people may not agree but I do feel Kat and VK are fake never took to them 

Aaahh of to bed as in UK and busy work day tomorrow, gutted will miss this, will catch up tomorrow , there must be further cuts 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, GeekToTheCore said:

I'm so proud of Brennan for speaking her truth.

SO PROUD! Bridget nailed it on the head...Zero loyalty to the young women who are actually SOLID teammates, SOLID humans, and amazing ambassadors. They could keep Kat/Bore-edith last season as alternates but couldn’t offer the same to Brennan until she fully recovers. What is the message they are trying to send to the other women who continue to bust their butts, follow the rules, be solid teammates, full time jobs....all that just to be cut?? Hannah was stunning and beyond talented as well. I hope there is more to the story for both of these cuts. My heart hurts for them!! Unbelievable! I am furious! 

For what it’s worth, the “Kat sleeping around news” made its way to me here in AZ. So I won’t buy for one second that TPTB haven’t heard about it as well. If you’re in love, married to, seriously dating a player it’s whatever to me (Paige, Chantel), but to sleeping around, only seeking sex, damaging current relationships, THAT is not ok. A quick glance at Kat’s social tells me all I need to know. She has a snippet in her “Bad Cat Mom” videos where she is without a bra, in an oversized male tshirt, rolled out of bed looking...and there’s a pair of panties on the floor behind her!!! So classy 🙄. I’m appalled they kept her and cut the 3 vets.

• Love 23
12 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Brennan loves Kris Jenner and even dressed up as her for a DCC Halloween party once so I think it was Kat trying to be nice 

Clueless oops!  My bad (picture Alicia Silverstone in Clueless) Don’t understand, but love, love Brennan!!!

So guess I will get over it... 🤷‍♀️

Edited by aimeelou625
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Oh, that’s easy: it creates drama for their reality show. These girls are mere pawns. 

So how are they gonna spin this? Kelli Nightingale releasing wounded lamb Brennan from camp, insisting that this is to be "a conversation of dignity"?

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

So how are they gonna spin this? Kelli Nightingale releasing wounded lamb Brennan from camp, insisting that this is to be "a conversation of dignity"?

6 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

Me to Kat forevermore. Done.

giphy.gif

I think I ❤️ you!!!  You are absolutely cracking me up... laughter through tears!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Last I checked, neither Lisa nor VK had commented on Brennan's post, and yet they typically comment on every post.  Hmm . . .

Edited to add: Oops, I see others have already pointed this out!

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Yikes. I go to sleep and wake up to 10 pages of discussion  and Brennan being cut. Gotta love being an Aussie when all hell breaks loose!

Absolute shock. I was at first prepared to accept some of the releases may have been mutual - especially given the post that broke the news said 'the girls are devastated to lose 4 vets'. I interpreted as  'they may not have been cut'. But after Brennans post, I guess there is no doubt.

I am not going to try and read into it too much before seeing the show. I remember being shocked that Dayton was cut but after watching the show it made a lot more sense (of course that could just be the narrative they wanted to show). 

I'm just in shock. Brennan. Why Brennan. She was just total class. I am going to miss her 😪

• Love 13