Type keyword(s) to search

Season 22 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Here’s the thing with this season. We can all bitch about people who should have aligned with Janelle/Kaysar, or not believe the lies they were being told, or were just so stupid, etc. And that’s all fine. But the HOHs have been Cody, Memphis, Tyler, Dani, Christmas, Memphis, and now Cody. So....what were they exactly supposed to do? Hell, the “alliance” decided they were totally justified with targeting Day because she dared to use the veto on someone who she COULD trust. I mean, how dare she? And you know what? Good on them for winning the HOH comps. But you can’t break up an alliance when they are HOH every freaking week. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

And you know what? Good on them for winning the HOH comps. But you can’t break up an alliance when they are HOH every freaking week. 

And this is why this week's "twist" is going to fall as flat as the Tree of Temptation on BB19 - what does it matter when the house is run by a solid group of people who are going to have a stranglehold the whole way through? It won't be quite as horrible as Paul declaring that no one would take an apple so no one took an apple. But yay for Dani winning $5K or Tyler winning a year's worth of Hello Fresh because they didn't need to Veto or whatever. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

And this is why this week's "twist" is going to fall as flat as the Tree of Temptation on BB19 - what does it matter when the house is run by a solid group of people who are going to have a stranglehold the whole way through? It won't be quite as horrible as Paul declaring that no one would take an apple so no one took an apple. But yay for Dani winning $5K or Tyler winning a year's worth of Hello Fresh because they didn't need to Veto or whatever. 

If they run the triple eviction as I explained above, that eviction might be interesting.  Sure either David or Kevin are probably going to go on Cody's HOH.  However, the second one has to potential to really fuck over the HOH because if David or Kevin are not the second HOH and they win the veto, it could mean two people from the main alliance are out the door.  Sure it is a lot of what if's involved but at least there is potential to see something remotely interesting happening.  It might even be the perfect chance to take a shot at Cody, but we know that will not be happening.

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I've never heard of it until just now, but I'm ready for a big helping of Hello Fresh, whatever it is.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Sure. Why not. It's not like we could have expected anything good or fun to happen.

You're supposed to start early with small "preventative" doses. I have a friend that does it. I try to shock her by telling her that I want to remain in my original packaging and her eyebrows creep up, like, an eighth of an inch. It's great fun. 

I work for a skincare company, and was in a meeting last year (with a group of people! all in the same room! seems like years ago) and most were my age (40s) or younger and they were all chatting about the treatments and procedures they had done or tried out. It was kind of shocking, and I hadn't even heard of some of it.

I had my first and only facial a couple of years ago, so obviously I'm a little out of the loop, despite my current field, lol.

But when I see Botox and fillers gone pasty wrong, I'm happy with my lines. Or original packaging - I'm going to have to steal that one!

Topic, the triple will eliminate at least one semi-alliance member, but it's still just kind of boring. They could take a shot at Labor Day since half the house seems slightly terrified of her, maybe Dani goes off script, or maybe Memphis or Tyler go.

But at this point, are there really any shocking outcomes left? I suppose Cody going would be surprising, but that's about it.

I am totally tuning in for that episode though. A triple will be fun to watch. 

See BB, all you had to do to reel me back in was to promise to evict even more of them in one night!

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

I have taken to calling other guys "old son" because I saw it in a John Constantine comic book and thought it was hilarious.

Unrelated to anything BB (i.e.: talking about something entertaining) but I adore Matt Ryan as Constantine. I'll never accept another actor in the part. Love.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Unrelated to anything BB (i.e.: talking about something entertaining) but I adore Matt Ryan as Constantine. I'll never accept another actor in the part. Love.

I agree, it is a shame they waste him on that god awful Legends of Tomorrow (The show used to be so good but I absolutely despise Gary and Mona).  I wish the CW would just revive his show.

Fun fact, John Constantine appearance was based on Sting from the Police.  I have to say that because I am a wrestling fan and anytime I talk about Sting, other wrestling fans assume I am talking about the wrestler.

• LOL 1
4 minutes ago, Shorty186 said:

Did Will really change that much in a year? I haven't seen the ep but haven't we been seeing him every year for the last several years for the jury roundtable discussion?

Yeah but it's become an annual tradition to make fun of the Man of Steel Plastic and Filler. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Now that they've disclosed Will is the mega-twist, can he bring anything interesting?  He won't be there just to heckle and mock.  That's zingbot's job.  Maybe one morning his neighbors will find him in the kitchen in his bath robe whipping up a batch of peanut butter eggs for the house.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, hhawks said:

Now that they've disclosed Will is the mega-twist, can he bring anything interesting?  He won't be there just to heckle and mock.  That's zingbot's job.  Maybe one morning his neighbors will find him in the kitchen in his bath robe whipping up a batch of peanut butter eggs for the house.

I think he was just there to host the current HOH & Veto. It’s just an extra paying gig. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

I agree, it is a shame they waste him on that god awful Legends of Tomorrow (The show used to be so good but I absolutely despise Gary and Mona).  I wish the CW would just revive his show.

Fun fact, John Constantine appearance was based on Sting from the Police.  I have to say that because I am a wrestling fan and anytime I talk about Sting, other wrestling fans assume I am talking about the wrestler.

... I love Legends of Tomorrow... 😞

• Love 2

Will won't move from that balcony (although I'm not sure he has enough original biological bits to him to even catch the 'rona). This might just be the alternative to bringing him in for the jury roundtable - that'll probably just be done by reading producer written questions off of cue cards rather than have Will lead the discussion. Which is kinda sad because I remember his looks of disgust where his face almost moved enough to make an expression during the BB19 roundtable. I'm pretty sure it was Raven that inspired those almost-looks. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

... I love Legends of Tomorrow... 😞

I used to as well but the last two seasons have just been bad.  Well last season was not terrible, but the season before that was awful.  I honestly think if they wrote off the Time Bureau people, keep Ava on but Gary and Mona have to go (I swear if I have to hear Mona talk about Konane I might lose it.), the show would be better.  I like the cast, besides Gary and Mona, but the shows have gone far too campy lately.  I do have to say I love Tala Ashe, man is she a beautiful woman.

Back on topic, my ideal triple eviction victims would be Cody and Nicole for that second HOH.  I know that will not happen but still.

Edited by BK1978
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, BK1978 said:

I used to as well but the last two seasons have just been bad.  Well last season was not terrible, but the season before that was awful.  I honestly think if they wrote off the Time Bureau people, keep Ava on but Gary and Mona have to go (I swear if I have to hear Mona talk about Konane I might lose it.), the show would be better.  I like the cast, besides Gary and Mona, but the shows have gone far too campy lately.  I do have to say I love Tala Ashe, man is she a beautiful woman.

Back on topic, my ideal triple eviction victims would be Cody and Nicole for that second HOH.  I know that will not happen but still.

Tears for this post. Even the topical part.

• LOL 1

Jeez, Cody as HOH?   Why don't we all just hit the snooze button and meet back here in a week? It would save us all some precious time and energy.

The only vaguely interesting tidbit I can think of is whether Pi Day (my favorite name for being so quick to type) is inclined to keep her deal with David for another week?  I think probably simply because she really does want him to take the shot at Frazzled.

Did put any strings on giving Memphis her power after being too chickenshit to use it herself? Or was just another prime example of the creative and genius gameplay of this season?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Cody just told Memphis he’s nominating David And Kevin. And he needs noms to stay the same.

Who here is shocked? Anyone?

I put up a shocked face, just so someone can pretend to be shocked.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Cody just gave David a tip on the face morph competition, and how to prepare. David had never heard of that one. He says they didn’t give him CBS All Access in sequester. How could he never have seen that one? They do it every season. Which means he didn’t watch even one full season before last year? And why is Cody giving veto comp help when he wants noms to stay the same? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The most of Big Brother that David has watched (according to him) was the first two episodes of BB20. And then he got bored and skipped to the last episode. And then he decided to make it his mission to be the first black male winner. David did enough research to know that there's never been a black male winner but that's about it. 

So actually David hasn't seen a whole season, including his own. 

ETA: This is including the homework that Ovi set for David before he went back into the house for All Stars. So basically David watched three episodes, made it his mission to win, got banished and then ejected from the house (not a real eviction), got the call for All Stars, ignored all the help that Ovi was giving him to set him up in this game, and has made it this far on three episodes worth of knowledge knowledge. That's why I'm so divided on David. I fully support his mission to be the first black male winner but dude, you could at least know the very basics of this game before going for your second kick at the can.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

The most of Big Brother that David has watched (according to him) was the first two episodes of BB20. And then he got bored and skipped to the last episode.

So actually David hasn't seen a whole season, including his own. 

That does seem like the most David thing, David could do.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, BK1978 said:

That does seem like the most David thing, David could do.

Right? I hope he's there if they play OTEV. It's been awhile since we had someone too dumb to live realize that OTEV is VETO spelled backwards. And on an All Stars season. Ouch.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Enzo has been agitated all night about the need to shake things up in the house. First to Kevin earlier, and just now to Tyler: “Gotta make a move, yo. It’s time to make a move.” (pause) “If not this week, then next week!”

Sigh.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Shorty186 said:

Did Will really change that much in a year? I haven't seen the ep but haven't we been seeing him every year for the last several years for the jury roundtable discussion?

I think a good deal of it was his eye makeup.  It was horrible. At least I’m hoping for his sake it was.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Ellee said:

I think a good deal of it was his eye makeup.  It was horrible. At least I’m hoping for his sake it was.  

Good point. My impression was of someone wearing a ton of makeup, which made him look very Ken-like for some reason. Maybe at such a distance they didn't want us to say, "Who is that nondescript man in the bathrobe?" 

It's possible he may look better close up, although we may never get the chance to find out. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Cody just told Memphis he’s nominating David And Kevin. And he needs noms to stay the same.

Who here is shocked? Anyone?

Isn’t that the exact same thing Memphis said regarding Day and Kevin but Memphis actually wanted the veto used to get David?   So Kevin and David, noms to stay the same except this time Cody wants to use the veto on ..... so who is the real target?

Cody won’t do Nicole or Dani.  So is it Tyler most likely?  Or will Cody keep the men safe and actually put up Nicole, Dani or Xmas?

• Love 2

Ellee, Why would you frighten me with this picture so early in the morning!  
I  know David is a doofus but I can’t help but have a soft spot for him.

Edited by Coco88
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

@Coco88  Lol ... I didn’t even think of it as an early morning surprise.  Maybe I should hide it. 😁  Just out of curiosity ... do you think he looks as ‘bad’ there as he did on the show?  For some reason I didn’t.  I don’t know. 

Also I have a soft spot for David too but I really don’t want to see him win though I think it would be hilarious if all of it was an act.  😁😁😁

• Love 6

Actually, unless the picture of Dr. Will is airbrushed, he looks pretty good here. Of course he doesn't have to move his face. That's usually where the Uncanny Valley effect comes into play. 

I'm just listening to RHAP, and they're speculating that Dr. Will may have pretaped all his parts and will never or barely interact live with the HGs. 

In other disappointing news, they're positive Day knew all about Nicole's lie due to the wall yeller, and faked not knowing for show purposes. So the whole hug with her earrings getting ripped off happened AFTER Day already knew. 

I can't believe that after all this time, BB can still fool me, even though I'm a faithful reader of this thread. 

It just struck me how funny it is that "wall yeller" is now a thing. I have to remember that my friends who don't watch BB are going to have no idea what I'm talking about if I throw this phrase into the conversation. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Also I have a soft spot for David too but I really don’t want to see him win though I think it would be hilarious if all of it was an act.  😁😁😁

Extra hilarious now we know he only watched 2 episodes of a season he was actually in! 😁

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Ellee said:

Isn’t that the exact same thing Memphis said regarding Day and Kevin but Memphis actually wanted the veto used to get David?   So Kevin and David, noms to stay the same except this time Cody wants to use the veto on ..... so who is the real target?

Cody won’t do Nicole or Dani.  So is it Tyler most likely?  Or will Cody keep the men safe and actually put up Nicole, Dani or Xmas?

Cody and Dani are finally alone in HOH after Nicole and Enzo leave. Cody jokes that he wants her speech to not be put up. Dani asks if he will put up Christmas if Kevin/David win veto or come down and he says that is what he will do. Dani has been kind of bashing how annoyed she is with Christmas all night. Dani keeps mentioning how Christmas was so annoyed that she did not win the HOH comp. They all mentioned her stomping around being mad about it. Dani implies that she was mad because Cody won. Cody responds that he thinks that it is more that she is being a sore loser for doing poorly because she is competitive and wants comps for her resumé, rather than being upset that it is specifically Cody who won the HOH. Cody telling her how he will try to talk to her if he has to put her up.

(Earlier Dani told Cody that Kevin doesn’t like him and Cody asks why and if he said that and what he said exactly. Dani says Kevin thinks Cody is a douchebag. Cody does not seem too bothered, yet asks what a douchebag is literally. Nicole and Dani decline to enlighten him about the literal description or why it is used as an analogy). 

Dani tells Cody that she thinks Nicole voted to keep Da’Vonne for jury management and that Nicole is denying it when Dani asked her. (She is lying to Cody. Is this the first time she is keeping info from Cody or misleading him?) She suggested that Christmas might have been the other vote, again maybe for jury management (so Dani is implying that she voted to evict Da’Vonne. Did Nicole and Dani agree to lie to Cody about this? Will Nicole tell Cody the truth?) 

Cody complains about jury management and pity votes to pander for jury votes. He admits that he did not do it well his season and Derrick was great at it, so that when he hears about people doing jury management it makes him very nervous. Dani then suggests that Memphis is a different person with the first 5 evictions versus the jury evictions due to jury management and it is so obvious and everyone sees it. They agree that Christmas and Memphis are getting very close. They discuss that Tyler says he had final 2s with everyone on his season and that he is trying not to promise more than he can deliver this time as his effort at jury management in not turning anyone off.

Dani and Cody muse that Cody on the block versus Nicole that Cody would stay. They think Christmas would put up Dani and Cody. They don’t think Memphis will put them up. Dani doesn’t think Nicole can win much and Cody says they may have to rethink things if she can’t win things.

Cody admits that some competitions are so strange and you can’t predict like the can one and others it depends because people haven’t been picked for veto or didn’t really try to win. Cody rates Tyler as still a comp threat and Dani thinks he has not been trying his hardest and doesn’t believe that his “I can’t throw anything” and he can win anything.

Dani feels like she is not the fastest, strongest, smartest at questions and she is not winning the types of comps they have this season. They agree that the next few weeks will be interesting.

Dani emphasizes that she is so annoyed by Christmas and really wants her gone. Cody thinks her comp wins were random and he thinks Tyler is way more of a threat, even if he wouldn’t directly put him up. Dani says she thinks Christmas will take it personally if Dani puts her up and Memphis won’t put Christmas up either. They both complain that everyone is taking eviction personally and saying that they won’t vote for you to win if you nominate them. They agree that it is not good play or good sportsmanship. Dani admits that she called out Jeff and Jordan in her eviction speech on Season 13, yet she says it was a different dynamic with 2 sides of the house and it was ok to try to take them down in eviction speech— not like in this season. 

Cody hints that Dani needs to go to bed and has to leave and get sleep for tomorrow and they both head downstairs to bathroom area/ bedrooms/ get clothes just after 4 am BBT. 

To recap, Dani trashed Kevin, Christmas, Tyler, Nicole, Memphis, Da’Vonne, a teeny bit Enzo not going to win future comps, herself, Cody, Jeff and Jordan and Cody mostly agreed except felt none of it was personal, just part of the game. Then talked about how Kristy says things to him in a kind way and “uses the best words possible” to explain to him if he is doing anything she doesn’t like. He sighs that it has been so long and then suggests Dani should leave. He is now listening to music and looking at his pictures in peace. Me thinks Cody needs to process externally and Dani is a great sounding board for him, yet the negativity is a bit too much for him at times and he wants to get away from her. Conversely, Dani wants more Cody energy. The dynamic is interesting. Nicole can’t spend too much time with either Dani or Cody without seeming to feel too drained. She truly needs alone time to recharge. They both talk too much that it takes her energy, yet Nicole is a stabilizing energy that recharges them at times and Enzo is a relieving energy for them. Interesting in a Myers-Briggs way of looking at group dynamics. 

Dani and Cody constantly bring up what annoys them about others... very observational gossip vibe. Then empathize with the other...then think about it... then add some self-awareness with examples of how they do that behavior too... and then point out how when they have done that behavior it was different circumstances that make that behavior not annoying. Wash, rinse, repeat 

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Useful 7
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Luckylondon said:

Dani feels like she is not the fastest, strongest, smartest at questions and she is not winning the types of comps they have this season.

So what type of comps does this leave, other than stacking tiny beer cans which she also wasn't good at?

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, Melina22 said:

So what type of comps does this leave, other than stacking tiny beer cans which she also wasn't good at?

My thoughts exactly. What is left? Endurance? Hanging on to things or corn hole/sports/accuracy? I have no idea. She was saying not the slip slide race because that favors fastest male runner with long legs and not the holding a ball up arm strength thing or the short term memory visual questions or long term game memory questions. So the wall or a crapshoot or puzzles? 

• LOL 1
31 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Being abrasive contest? Close race with her and Memphis... and Christmas being pissed off she didn’t win that either?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Right? I hope he's there if they play OTEV. It's been awhile since we had someone too dumb to live realize that OTEV is VETO spelled backwards. And on an All Stars season. Ouch.

He will be there for OTEV. Pretty sure I heard Julie say that is happening this week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! This season is such a dumpster fire.

You almost have to respect how it just sucks every single week. I mean, it's quite an accomplishment!

6 hours ago, Callaphera said:

OTEV is this week so David will 100% be playing in it.

To think, all they had to do was fix this season was have an America's HOH within the first few weeks. It would have been perfect in an All Stars season anyway. This show is run by morons.

I don't think the triple eviction will be like BB Canada's. It's gonna be a 2 hour ep so I'm assuming it'll be like 2 DE eps in one night. So the first hour will be this week's eviction/HOH/veto/eviction and then another HOH/veto/eviction in the second hour.

ETA: Thinking about it more that would be a lot of comps to fit into the backyard. But I just don't see why it'd need to be 2 hours if they just do it like the Canada one. Who knows! The only thing that's certain is that it will be boring and predictable but it'll be nice to see 1 of the, well, white people finally go home lol.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Nashville said:
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I absolutely did not recognize Will and never would have known it was him if he didn’t announce himself. I don’t understand. He’s a plastic surgeon; shouldn’t he have access to the best fillers and implants? Where’s the professional pride? I

Well, I doubt Will works on himself....

Exactly!  Same reason I don’t use the woman with the best hair in the salon!  I want the woman who DID her hair 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Callaphera said:

The most of Big Brother that David has watched (according to him) was the first two episodes of BB20. And then he got bored and skipped to the last episode. 

I mean, I can relate. 

I feel bad for David, but it's frustrating watching him stumble through the season. I would love to see him win HOH and throw Memphis and Memphis' giant ego on the block though.

I think Will looks OK in that pic, and I find it interesting that he's turned his face into Frozen, but he's fine with grey hair. I love the salt and pepper look, it's just interesting. He would have aged so well. 

3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Actually, unless the picture of Dr. Will is airbrushed, he looks pretty good here. Of course he doesn't have to move his face. That's usually where the Uncanny Valley effect comes into play. 

I'm just listening to RHAP, and they're speculating that Dr. Will may have pretaped all his parts and will never or barely interact live with the HGs.

They never did show the HGs in the same frame, did they? Will have to rewatch.

• Love 3
On 9/23/2020 at 11:59 AM, 30 Helens said:

This is my first time watching feeds. It’s also the season I decided to introduce my husband to the show. Massive fail on both counts. (He bailed early on.)

same here. He bailed after Janelle went. I was hoping I would get him to watch one show with me. The only one I have gotten him into so far is Alone.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

No because they were just watching Will on the TV screen in the living room like they do with Julie.

Ah, I was playing Wordscapes during the ep which shows how much attention I was paying, lol.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1