Type keyword(s) to search

Season 22 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Grodbeast needs to pack her bags and go away, she's managed to ruin everything.... It was much better when Shapiro was in charge.

And Kass. Any ideas I've ever had to improve this show (and there used to be a thread for that, maybe I will look for it) always start with that. 

I was so looking forward to BB this year because reasons, and then I was excited when it was All Stars, and now I don't care.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

So I got into a debate with another BB fan over whether Xmas is racist or just shitty. My friend was saying that she doesn't think Xmas is inherently racist, she's just such a shitty person that she always has to do the most and be the most vile about people. It just so happens that because of the house structure she's vile to Day, Kevin, and David. But if they were three white people she'd find some way to be equally rude and vile to them. Because that's just who she is.

It was an intriguing argument. So ... is Xmas racist, shitty, or both?

HAd similar argument on Disboards BB thread. I said racist and folks there were basically saying 'no, that's a stretch.' But she COULD just be so vile. SHe was vile to all not in her alliance on her other season. But would she ever take a non-white/straight person into her alliance?

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think she's shitty - she will become just as awful to those in the committee once the numbers starting getting lower. 

6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

she was there to represent a larger cause. She feels she let people down.

THIS is such a huge issue.  You don't come into a game and plan your whole thing around representing a larger cause. She's already terrible at playing this game but this made her game even worse. And now she's going to go out and be REALLY pissed off at herself for getting so mad at David when he was actually telling the truth. If she wouldn't have felt the need to stick with him 'for the cause' then she wouldn't be in that position. 

Did Zingbot really say nicole's voice makes him want to 'fucking die' LOL  reading that made me laugh. I'm surprised it didn't make her cry, even though she's pretty aware of her voice. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Lamima said:

HAd similar argument on Disboards BB thread. I said racist and folks there were basically saying 'no, that's a stretch.' But she COULD just be so vile. SHe was vile to all not in her alliance on her other season. But would she ever take a non-white/straight person into her alliance?

I don’t think she harbors Aaryn/Gina Marie levels of racism, but I think she has a racist thought process. I don’t recall her ever worrying that Cody the marine or Mark the bodybuilder were going to physically assault her during BB19, yet Day and Bayleigh made her feel like she needed to lock her HoH room door at night? Hmm...

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Some people are up now. Da'Vonne is doing her hair in the bathroom. Kevin and David are talking in the kitchen. Kevin was talking about meeting someone who was auditioning for The Amazing Race - I think they were on callbacks and Kevin was there for BB and the other guy for TAR. And our friend Hurricane Mills, TN (Memphis) is also in the kitchen - no hood up so I didn't recognize him. Kevin said maybe they'll do a TAR and BB season on Survivor. I think Frankie on Survivor would be interesting but he might end up being good at it. I guess you could have a TAR tribe and a BB tribe. Enzo said he's going to go on Survivor. He'll climb trees and make noises at people, besides have a beard.

• LOL 3

Enzo said he was going to be in a Showmance. Now he has desert dong. He was in quarantine in New Jersey, then he comes to Big Brother. I'd say he's missing women.

Hurricane Mills said not one of his landlords (for his restaurants) were forgiving with the rent. This after watching these news reports that landlords were going to be forgiving, etc. Not to him!

On 9/23/2020 at 12:28 AM, Growsonwalls said:

I think the convo I heard was with Nicole and Christmas. But basically she said she couldn't imagine loving another child as much as Tennessee so why have another kid? It was a very weird thing to say. Also she apparently induced labor so she and Tennessee could share the same birthday. Now I'm sure this had something to do with when Tennessee was due anyway but still ... she also said that while Dom is close to his own family she doesn't let them take care of Tennessee. Which again sounds like boundary issues -- kids developing loving relationships with grandparents is a GOOD thing. Just like how she says that she doesn't let Tennessee out of her sight even if Dom is there. Again. This is the child they have TOGETHER. They're raising her TOGETHER. She shouldn't treat her own husband as basically a sperm donor. 

Dani sounds like a classic overly enmeshed parent. I think she is going to have a very hard time with Tennessee saying normal kid things like “I hate you,” or “you’re not a good mommy,” when she gets old enough. I can imagine her losing it over that and pulling out the stories about what a bad parent REALLY is.  And her possessive attitude toward Tennessee is consistent with her repeated stories about people being disrespectful by flirting with Dom. It seems like she has a real insecurity about people trying to take the people she loves away from her, which is really sad. However, it also seems like it stems less from a place of low self worth and more from a feeling that those people belong to her. And then you watch her behavior toward Cody and you realize she also has to be pretty egocentric, because if she had more perspective-taking she would realize that she would never be okay with Dom behaving the way she is and then possibly make a different choice. 

I was a bit underwhelmed with most of Zingbot’s insults this year, but Nicole’s zing was one of the best of all time. 

Also, that spotted hawk dragon thing was totally triggering my trypophobia. 

Edited by Jillibean
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

Also, that spotted hawk dragon thing was totally triggering my trypophobia. 

Oh my gosh! I googled trypophobia thinking it was fear of insects or something, and my heart is still pounding from 1. discovering something I thought was just me is actually a thing, and 2. the two pictures they showed to illustrate it which produced an absolutely visceral response in me. I'm pretty freaked out on both counts. 

Wow. I have a Zoom meeting in a few minutes, but later I'm going to look into this, but hopefully without pictures. 😱😱😱

Thanks for putting a name to this bizarre thing! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm watching Vikings press conferences right now. There is a pause and I hear Enzo say, "This coffee is running right through me . . ." At first I thought it was someone at the press conference!

David and Enzo in the kitchen talking about who to vote for. David is sitting on one of those high stools at the square kitchen table. For a minute he looked like a little kid sitting at the table and Enzo is his dad walking around.

David is saying "Yo" now.

Edited by Lamb18
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Lamima said:

But would she ever take a non-white/straight person into her alliance?

Welllllll Josh ... ? Although he was so godawful maybe they were just soulmates.

ETA: Oh never mind. Just realized you meant non-straight too.

Edited by Shorty186
5 hours ago, Melina22 said:

There are a lot of things about Dani I don't like, but to zing her for being old? What is that even about? She looks really good and certainly not old. She looks waaay younger than Memphis for example. So I'm not getting it. 

I'm not someone who sees sexism everywhere but this zing seems sexist to me. And cruel. I'm assuming Dani is always dressed up on the feeds because she's so insecure about her appearance. Telling her she looks old is going to make that a hundred times worse. I don't have to like her to think this is wrong, and on top of that, not at all funny. 

Yeah she doesn't look that old to me. I don't know if she's aged badly or not, because this is my first time seeing her. I was wondering how old she was and I guessed her age exactly, 34. So she looks her age to me.

Zingbot also called Holly old last year, and she was 31. That may have had to do with her dating Jackson who was like 24? 

• Love 2

So, if the guys in the committee are over Dani and Nicole, what is everyone's plan if the rest are the Final 5?

I know Enzo and Cody would be a pair as would Tyler and Christmas...would that put Memphis in the middle?

I think we both know that Memphis is making alliances(F2s) with Enzo, but I really think he needs to get over his "single mom" think with Christmas and realize she is his ticket to the end.

The moment Dani and Nicole get evicted, they probably realize that Cody becomes too dangerous to keep around. He would have 2 dickmetized votes for him on the jury...and potentially cutting others in the alliance with little time to emotionally process means he could just straight up win easily...even without the outsiders. He is also an incredible comp beast and the best plans can go awry if you can't beat someone at an HoH.

I also am consistently impressed with how Tyler manages to go from the bottom of this alliance to not the bottom over time. We can never go back in time, but if he hadn't pulled the attempted self-evict stunt, he could probably be very high up in everyone's view.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm watching Vikings press conferences right now. There is a pause and I hear Enzo say, "This coffee is running right through me . . ." At first I thought it was someone at the press conference!

SKOL!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

So I got into a debate with another BB fan over whether Xmas is racist or just shitty. My friend was saying that she doesn't think Xmas is inherently racist, she's just such a shitty person that she always has to do the most and be the most vile about people. It just so happens that because of the house structure she's vile to Day, Kevin, and David. But if they were three white people she'd find some way to be equally rude and vile to them. Because that's just who she is.

Is Yom Kippur prejudiced?  Sure - but I think National Singles Day’s bigger issues are that she’s a megalomaniacal narcissist with a diminished capacity for empathy, an inordinate amount of rage, and severe control issues.  Next to that, I think Yule‘s prejudice comes in about 4th.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Is Yom Kippur prejudiced?  Sure - but I think National Singles Day’s bigger issues are that she’s a megalomaniacal narcissist with a diminished capacity for empathy, an inordinate amount of rage, and severe control issues.  Next to that, I think Yule‘s prejudice comes in about 4th.

Also: severe entitlement issues. Like she feels pressed if someone uses a veto. USES A VETO. That's part of the game. 

• Love 8

Enzo just said he's going to go vegan. He and David had quite a long conversation.

I guess the feeds button boy is also doing duty at the press conference. Instead of turning off the press conference he hit the STARS button instead.

STARS keep cutting into Hurricane Mills' and Dani's conversation.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lamima said:

They still have a neighbor twist, right? Who do you think it will be?

The neighbor was Zingbot. At least, that’s what I assume. When Julie teased the neighbor twist, the camera panned to the very platform that Zingbot appeared on. A “BB legend” is supposed to appear tonight, but if it’s a person, I’m guessing they will appear only on the living room TV. In that case, it could be anyone.

33 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

David is saying "Yo" now.

Everyone has been saying “yo”, for awhile now. It’s obnoxious. But I guess if they had to pick up someone’s speech patterns, it could be worse. They could all be talking like Nicole. “Good moooorning. What’s for breakfaaaaaast-uh.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

The neighbor was Zingbot. At least, that’s what I assume. When Julie teased the neighbor twist, the camera panned to the very platform that Zingbot appeared on. A “BB legend” is supposed to appear tonight, but if it’s a person, I’m guessing they will appear only on the living room TV. In that case, it could be anyone.

Everyone has been saying “yo”, for awhile now. It’s obnoxious. But I guess if they had to pick up someone’s speech patterns, it could be worse. They could all be talking like Nicole. “Good moooorning. What’s for breakfaaaaaast-uh.”

Didn't she say at the end of episode that we will soon see a BB legend return to mess with the game or some such? I will need to go rewatch the end to see. If I didn't delete from my DVR.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Didn't she say at the end of episode that we will soon see a BB legend return to mess with the game or some such? I will need to go rewatch the end to see. If I didn't delete from my DVR.

The spokesperson did. He said, a BB legend will return to the BB house to unleash a new twist.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Last week when they announced the neighbor i was so sure it would be zingbot (and i guess i was sort of right as it was zingbot week also) but I read that on last night's episode they said the neighbor would still be appearing. 

Guess they want to get as much bang for their buck out of that balcony area. 

• Love 2

I do love Zingbot.  I like the home truth he tends to bring.  And yes, Zingbot is often lame, which makes the reactions from the hamsters even all the more interesting because even though Zingbot may be lame, he is something new and different to the bored hamsters so his words are given great consideration and meaning.  So, even the lame zings cut deeply.

The best part is always the reactions of the non-zinged hamsters.  You expect the zinged hamster to be a little butt-hurt, but the delicious glee the other hamsters exhibit at the zings really gives you an insight into their real opinions in the game and of the other hamsters.  Memphis had such a self-satisfied, patronizing look on his face after David's zing about not belonging on All-Stars was very telling.  I know from reading here that Memphis hates David and wants him gone, partly because he considers him to be "unworthy" of All-Stars, and it is awful to be an equal to such an inferior player.  But the general viewing public doesn't know that, and his reaction to Zingbot is our first clue--if you're paying attention.  Also, watching Christmas as every other hamster got their zing was enlightening.  She took such pleasure at the insults and hurt the other zings brought to the other hamsters.  Like she fed off it or something.  She honestly looked like a Disney villainess cackling wicked witch as she listened to Nicole's zing, just reveling in the meanness.  Feed viewers and thread readers here know that Christmas is a nasty piece of work, but this is another clue for the broadcast viewers that she is not just an intense player, she's actually a real life mean girl on steroids. 

I often think the editors are on our sides.  I think they hate the hamsters as much as we do.  They may have a general script that comes from on high that they have to follow, but the little things they do offer clues that are a little counter to the overall story arc the producers want to tell.

The glory of Zingbot is in those little telling details, not the actual zings themselves.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
36 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

I read that on last night's episode they said the neighbor would still be appearing. 

They didn’t say “neighbor”. They said this:

39 minutes ago, himela said:

a BB legend will return to the BB house to unleash a new twist.

I still don’t think that necessarily means an in-person return. It could be virtual. But we’ll see.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I love Day but she made two major mistakes in the beginning of the game to test people 1) The unnecessary Keesha lie and 2) The whole thing with making an alliance with Tyler/Dani that completely sketched out Tyler. 

Yep.  And because of this, I'll split my AFP votes between Kaysar and Janelle.  Sorry Day, but you don't deserve it.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I do love Zingbot.  I like the home truth he tends to bring.  And yes, Zingbot is often lame, which makes the reactions from the hamsters even all the more interesting because even though Zingbot may be lame, he is something new and different to the bored hamsters so his words are given great consideration and meaning.  So, even the lame zings cut deeply.

I think the real significance of Zingbot to the HGs isn’t solely the “something different” factor - although that definitely does count for something - but a couple of other factors as well:

1. First, the “light” meaning: still being in the House for the Zingbot appearance is a widely-recognized milepost of the season, second (maybe) only to OTEV - and, of course, Finale Night. 🙂
  2. Second, the “heavy” meaning: Zingbot doesn’t appear until after the season is past its halfway mark, and - other than potentially leading questions in the DR - his Zings are the HG’s very first real clue of how their season looks to the general viewing public.  Remember Cody’s zing in BB16 which reflected upon his very close (many fans were saying TOO close) relationship with Christine?  That was the first indication a clueless Cody AND Christine had of how their interactions were being perceived outside the House, and Christine was pretty much destroyed for the remainder of the season.  Good or bad, though, Zingbot is one of the HGs’ only sources of feedback throughout the course of a season.

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I thought Danis zing was perfect and not that funny because it's true.

If you watch clips from season 8 and even her second time on BB it's shocking to see how badly she's aged.

I think she needs to put on a few pounds because Dani has a very boney face and she's so skinny now it looks like a cranky old skeleton.

Doesn't help that she's usually got a sneer on her face and she looks pissed off, those lines have dug their way into her skin.

I also noticed how badly she is aging. How old is she? 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

I also noticed how badly she is aging. How old is she? 

She just turned 34. I actually don’t think she looks that old or unhealthy, especially compared to BB8. She just has a very... harsh-looking face. I don’t think sunblock or weight gain can fix that.

As for her zing being sexist, I tend to disagree — off the top of my head, Tyler and BB13 Adam also got zinged for their looks. (Not that those were acceptable either. I believe you shouldn’t make fun of somebody’s appearance unless it’s something they can fix within 15 seconds.)

• Love 4

As she gets older, Dani looks exactly like her dad. It’s very unfortunate lol.

I probably won’t vote for AFP this season because I’m not sure I care enough but if I do I’ll probably go for Day. Janelle and Kaysar absolutely do not need the money lol. And at least Day won a comp that gave us one good week this season.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Day's goodbye talk:

😒 I hope some of this 'emotion' went to David, apologizing for calling him an Uncle Tom.

And btw, you should have gone with your gut as well as tried to align with Janelle and Kaysar when you had the chance to.

Kick rocks!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Jillibean said:

I was a bit underwhelmed with most of Zingbot’s insults this year, but Nicole’s zing was one of the best of all time. 

I was thinking that we didn't hear all of the zings. There was a clip of Halloween blaming Day for her zing. What they showed on tv wasn't even that bad and nothing that you could pin on one person in the house.

• Love 1

I was confused by Day's assertion in the episode last night about saying that obviously there wasn't a plan to backdoor David, since Tyler didn't use the POV to put David up.  She seemed more betrayed by David not getting backdoored than the fact that she remains on the block.  Did Memphis promise her that?  So now she thinks the alliance she thought she had is broken, and that she was lied to, and is really the target?  She didn't once put any thought into the scenario that Tyler is for Tyler, and not inclined to help Memphis play his game vs playing Tyler's game?  If I were her--and I never will be, because I'm not dumb enough to go on this show--I would have wanted to have a conversation with Tyler to just ask about the backdoor plan, why he chose not to do it, and how could I help with Tyler's new plan in any which way I can so he feels more motivation to keep me rather than the other person on the block.  It seems to me that is elementary BB strategery that either Day isn't doing, or they're not showing her doing. 

4 minutes ago, MitaJo said:

I was thinking that we didn't hear all of the zings. There was a clip of Halloween blaming Day for her zing. What they showed on tv wasn't even that bad and nothing that you could pin on one person in the house.

Forget it, Jake....it's Christmas.  She's going to blame everyone else for anything bad said about her glorious self.  If people think badly of her, then it must be somebody else's fault, not her own because she is awesome.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Janelle and Kaysar absolutely do not need the money lol. 

I'm sure they don't need the money, but that's not what I base it on.  And I'm sure it would most likely go to charity anyways, which is always a good thing.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Slider said:

I'm sure they don't need the money, but that's not what I base it on.  And I'm sure it would most likely go to charity anyways, which is always a good thing.  

I have to agree; BB is a contest, not a charity.  If someone just plain needs money that bad, let ‘em get a frikkin’ job.

• Love 13

Nicole was just throwing Dani under the bus to Christmas. She really can’t stand it when there are other women around lol. 

AFP is just a fan vote though where people just vote for who they like the most or they use it to send a message to the players they hate lol. 

• Love 4