Type keyword(s) to search

Season 22 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Agreed. Has anyone even tried to copy Will's game? 

I'm sure many have tried but not done it as well. He's the type of player where you also need to be like him as a person to pull it off, which is way easier said than done. Sandra from Survivor is similar.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I'm sure many have tried but not done it as well. He's the type of player where you also need to be like him as a person to pull it off, which is way easier said than done. Sandra from Survivor is similar.

That's a good comparison. I feel like Jordan is like that too you have a bunch of houseguests who want to play her "game", but only Jordan can play that game. Not saying she is a great strategist it just looks like an easy game when it's not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Michichick said:

This episode would have us believe that Da’Vonne threw the HOH. Not sure I believe it, but if so then she’s a good actress

Same. She was super upset when she lost that veto and told Bay she was. 

Edited by choclatechip45
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm not really watching this since I saw it on the live feeds. I won't say who wins.

I believe the next episode is on Tuesday.

Yes, the next episode is Tuesday. And this is the Live Feed thread so you can say Dani won HOH and Day won veto. 🙂

Just now, choclatechip45 said:

Same. She was super upset when she lost that veto and told Bay she was. 

Oh I definitely think she screwed up the veto last week and didn’t throw it. But I don’t know if I believe she threw this week’s HOH like she claims.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Yes, the next episode is Tuesday. And this is the Live Feed thread so you can say Dani won HOH and Day won veto. 🙂

Oh I definitely think she screwed up the veto last week and didn’t throw it. But I don’t know if I believe she threw this week’s HOH like she claims.

Taran said Thursday morning he thought Day would throw the HOH. So maybe? I agree with you I'm not convinced. 

2 hours ago, Ellee said:

Sorry about that.  Memphis told Cody that Dani can go eff herself if she wants them to vote out Tyler. 

thanks I missed that....I cant wait until all the others are gone and they have to start picking each other off because some of these people are the worst at taking the type of shit they hand out.

I think Memphis has an overblown opinion of himself and will try and intimidate and bully people into thinking if they nom him the shit will hit the fan.

Please BB God... make Cody tell Dani what Memphis said. 😈

• Love 7

I liked the one where Dani was sitting in a chair next to the door, Cody walks in and she jumps at him and scares him.

1 minute ago, Dustbunny said:

thanks I missed that....I cant wait until all the others are gone and they have to start picking each other off because some of these people are the worst at taking the type of shit they hand out.

I think Memphis has an overblown opinion of himself and will try and intimidate and bully people into thinking if they nom him the shit will hit the fan.

Please BB God... make Cody tell Dani what Memphis said. 😈

By the way I have a good name of the day for Memphis tomorrow. Also Tuesday.

19 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Taran said Thursday morning he thought Day would throw the HOH. So maybe? I agree with you I'm not convinced. 

Her stated strategy was to "make people believe I (she) can't win comps" - but then she went and won veto - so not buying it.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Is there a new episode thread?  I feel like I'm in an alternate reality where I'm the only one who's seen it.... 

Me too. Same for last episode and the thread opened like an hour or so late. Looks like tonight as well. Is the show airing an hour later in some parts? Airs at 8pm eastern time zone here.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Me too. Same for last episode and the thread opened like an hour or so late. Looks like tonight as well. Is the show airing an hour later in some parts? Airs at 8pm eastern time zone here.

I’m in eastern time and it started at 8:25 in my market due to football.

Meant to add, anyone can start the episode thread if it doesn’t already exist.

Ok a wall yeller was fun one, maybe 2 times but now it’s just getting annoying if we’re going to get feeds cut for hours because of it. The season is already a lost cause anyways. 

Edited by Dmarie019
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Coco88 said:

I think Social Media brings out the awful people but those people have always been there.  Social Media just gives them a platform to express their disgusting views.  You just have to take the good and report the bad.

Yeah I remember reading an SI article years ago about when Hank Aaron was approaching Babe Ruth's home run record.  Some of the things that were sent to him were terrible (Though that really is not the right word because they were beyond terrible).  That is why if you ever see clips of when he did break the record and the two hippy kids run up behind him, he sort of pushes them out of the way because he was legit scared that someone might do something to him.

4 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

lol of COURSE Ian didn't say Dan was the best winner. Of. Course.

Honestly I am shocked that Ian would not have Dan ranked as the best winner, unless Ian thinks he himself is the best winner.  The reason why I say that is what Ric Flair always says, "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."  So if Dan is the man in this case and Ian beat him, then that logic would dictate that Ian would be the man.

3 hours ago, MKL122788 said:

Furthermore, the rise of internet communication, which makes people have more anxiety and awkwardness in social situations. 

I read a few years ago, and I am obviously not a doctor so I am just going by what I read, that the modern teenager suffers from more anxiety than the average 1950's mental patient (The words of the article not mine).  That is astounding to me because when you think about the generation they are talking about, that generation went through a Great Depression, WW II, and the Korean War.   The kids these days have not had to endure anything that even approaches what that generation has gone through, yet they are more mentally unstable.

Now I wonder how such a thing is measured, I am not sure how you can measure one's anxiety level for scientific purposes.  

Also, to make my game at least a little on topic.  I hope Day uses the Veto, she has to understand that if the game is going to be shaken up that might be the best way to do it.

Edited by BK1978
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

Yeah I remember reading an SI article years ago about when Hank Aaron was approaching Babe Ruth's home run record.  Some of the things that were sent to him were terrible (Though that really is not the right word because they were beyond terrible).  That why if you ever see clips of when he did break the record and the two hippy kids run up behind him, he sort of pushes them out of the way because he was legit scared that someone might do something to him.

ALong the same lines, Bill Russell when he was winning championship after championship for the Celtics had people break into his house, steal his trophies and prizes, and for good measure they shat in his bed. Back then he had a reputation as being cold and forbidding -- but if you knew the backstory, you could understand why. He's on twitter nowadays and he's funny and feisty. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

ALong the same lines, Bill Russell when he was winning championship after championship for the Celtics had people break into his house, steal his trophies and prizes, and for good measure they shat in his bed. Back then he had a reputation as being cold and forbidding -- but if you knew the backstory, you could understand why. He's on twitter nowadays and he's funny and feisty. 

Taking this off-topic again,  I was a Celtics fan (I don't know if I can call myself a fan nowadays because, I stopped watching pretty much around the time LeBron did his whole press conference to Miami thing.  That shit irked me and the NBA in general started going down in quality around that time so I stopped watching on a regular basis) and I went to an event that the Celtics were having in his honor about twenty year ago or so.  It was not a retirement of his number or anything like that because his number had long been retired.  It might have just been an appreciation night for him, but he was talking about that.  Like you said he discussed the stuff that happened to him.  This event happened right before Wilt Chamberlain died because he was there and I think he passed away like a month or so later.  But yeah Bill is awesome.

I do think that it has to do with the fanbase in general though.  Boston fans tend to be assholes even to their star players.  Hell they booed Ted Williams (Who is right up there with Willie Mays and Babe Ruth for the best player ever.  Granted as a Yankees fan I am always going to say Ruth is the best.), so that tells you the type of fans you're dealing with.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

Taking this off-topic again,  I was a Celtics fan (I don't know if I can call myself a fan nowadays because, I stopped watching pretty much around the time LeBron did his whole press conference to Miami thing.  That shit irked me and the NBA in general started going down in quality around that time so I stopped watching on a regular basis) and I went to an event that the Celtics were having in his honor about twenty year ago or so.  It was not a retirement of his number or anything like that because his number had long been retired.  It might have just been an appreciation night for him, but he was talking about that.  Like you said he discussed the stuff that happened to him.  This event happened right before Wilt Chamberlain died because he was there and I think he passed away like a month or so later.  But yeah Bill is awesome.

I do think that it has to do with the fanbase in general though.  Boston fans tend to be assholes even to their star players.  Hell they booed Ted Williams (Who is right up there with Willie Mays and Babe Ruth for the best player ever.  Granted as a Yankees fan I am always going to say Ruth is the best.), so that tells you the type of fans you're dealing with.

Bill and Wilt in the same room? Awesomeness. This interview is 7 minutes of joy.

The Celtics actually have a scrappy young team that clawed its way to the ECF this year though. 

Anyway remember when we could vote on which extra food the have-nots could get, and also things like who got a phone call? I feel like that stuff has gone away and I wonder why. I always remembered HG's freaking out when their "extra" food was really gross because they were like "wow America hates us."

• Love 3

Are we honestly up to five hours of cut feeds because of a wall yeller?
Looks more to me like Production is simply taking any opportunity - or excuse - they can to block the feeds.
Which is kind of a bitch move, considering they’re charging people for the access.

• Love 14

I'm sure there's some technicality about the cost being for CBS All Access and not just strictly the Live Feeds so CBS gives no shits. I mean we knew that but also I'm on my second glass of wine and I felt it needed to be said. 

The theory that they've been trying to ice out the live feeds definitely seems more likely this season but at the same time, Big Brother wouldn't be Big Brother without the feeds. Also I'm feeling extremely smug about getting the feeds for free for two months now. Suck it, CBS!

• Love 3

Really sucks that the feeds are down because Day was supposed to have a conversation tonight with Dani about whether or not to use the veto. If she doesn't use the veto and we miss the conversation with Dani...that would majorly suck.

If they get rid of the feeds is there any point for this show to even exist? I don't even watch the broadcast show; I watch the live feeds, I read this thread, and I read the BB updates on Twitter. Without the feeds none of that exists...so I'd be so done with this show, especially with how problematic and downright boring it's been lately.

Edited by Summerday
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Summerday said:

Really sucks that the feeds are down because Day was supposed to have a conversation tonight with Dani about whether or not to use the veto. If she doesn't use the veto and we miss the conversation with Dani...that would majorly suck.

If they get rid of the feeds is there any point for this show to even exist? I don't even watch the broadcast show; I watch the live feeds, I read this thread, and I read the BB updates on Twitter. Without the feeds none of that exists...so I'd be so done with this show, especially with how problematic and downright boring it's been lately.

You don't find the feeds to be boring?  The one season I had the feeds was Enzo's first season and I was bored to tears watching it.  I would much rather read spoiler updates on here than watch the actual feeds.

Edited by BK1978
Just fixing to make it read better.
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Summerday said:

To CBS? Yes. It's cheap, it's easy to produce, and it fills a time slot in the summer that would otherwise be filled by reruns, movies, or 48 Hours Mystery

To the feed watcher or even the broadcast only fans who follow feed updates/stories on social media? No. We're like the guy in the movie that gets killed because we know too much (only we don't die, we just don't tune in anymore). We know from experience that there are two different Big Brother games: the one on the show and the one on the feeds. There's no way to go back for that subsection of the fanbase. We'd never accept or believe what they show us.

To the broadcast only viewers who don't give two shits about the feeds or spoilers and are happy with the sanitized watered down version CBS presents three times a week? They don't care either way. 

Feed watchers/followers are the only ones who would lose and it's also the smallest demographic (in a normal season, BB22 probably had more All Access subscriptions in the beginning since we're stuck at home but those probably dropped off after the free month expired or Janelle and Kaysar went out back to back). 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

You don't find the feeds to be boring?  The one season I had the feeds was Enzo's first season and I was bored to tears watching it.  I would much rather read spoiler updates on here than watch the actual feeds.

Not really. When they're boring, I just switch the camera or stop watching. I like being able to hear the entire conversation when people are making their big moves. Also, I like seeing real people handling real stress instead of the sanitized-hero that Hollywood force feeds us all the time.

10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Feed watchers/followers are the only ones who would lose and it's also the smallest demographic (in a normal season, BB22 probably had more All Access subscriptions in the beginning since we're stuck at home but those probably dropped off after the free month expired or Janelle and Kaysar went out back to back). 

You're probably right, but for me, there's no point without the feeds.

I thought that part of the reason CBS had such a panic attack about the racism last season was because a lot of people cancelled their All Access passes...I can only imagine how much easy money CBS brings in from people getting All Access to watch the feeds and then just keeping it year round. $6/month x however many millions of people have it...they must get a serious chunk of change from the live feeds.

• Love 6
Just now, nickp1991 said:

Wow, Memphis said something smart

What?  Lol, assuming it’s against the ‘current plan’.   Raise your hand if you think I’m right. 

Also so now we go from new school to pre-school.  Is Dani trying to make headlines?  

• LOL 2

This crap is golden.

Dani is going to nominate Ian if Day uses the veto. In a last ditch attempt to avoid that, she wants to interrupt the ceremony and claim they have the votes to get rid of Tyler to dissuade Day. But if they have the votes, who cares if she uses the veto...right? Memphis and Nicole are really trying to steer her away from this plan.

Nicole is pissed because she will both have to get rid of Ian and not throw him a pity vote. If she throws him a vote, it will be a tie and Dani will have to break it. It will also make her look extremely suspicious to her alliance. That and she will lose her position with Day as well if they pull the interruption shenanigans. Who is Nicole telling this information to? *LABOR DAY*

I would never spill anything like that to loyal soldier #1 to the alliance and Tyler. This is extremely sloppy play from Nicole that could really bite her in the ass in near future weeks. It is one thing to try to get your way. It is another thing entirely to sabotage your own game in an effort to save all the game pieces you wanted to keep around.

So what do we have? Dani has pissed off the other side of her house and now irritated her side by suggesting this. Nicole is going to end up sending home her non-alliance ally, pissing off another non-alliance member, and her whining to Christmas will likely not help her with her own alliance, and everyone else coming out pretty clean except for Ian. Except maybe to the fans...voting out the person they made fun of at the beginning of the week.

Meanwhile, Cody gets to keep his sidepiece bro alliance fully intact, make Nicole/Dani even more dependent on him now. That and now his two alliances will eventually shoot at each other.

At this point, I really need Day to win HoH. She is the only one I can see taking a shot at Cody. But even then, she will probably just target Christmas anyway.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, MKL122788 said:

Meanwhile, Cody gets to keep his sidepiece bro alliance fully intact, make Nicole/Dani even more dependent on him now. That and now his two alliances will eventually shoot at each other.

At this point, I really need Day to win HoH. She is the only one I can see taking a shot at Cody. But even then, she will probably just target Christmas anyway.

Cody is golden. Day wouldn't even target him. The only person who would is David and David will never win anything and/or would fuck it up if he did because he's David.

If only Derrick and Dan had decided to rig the game for someone I liked instead of Cody lol. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I was lucky enough to have the feeds or maybe it was Showtime After Dark, the night Chima flipped out and ended up being put out of the house. That was a great night, LOL. But other than that, they are boring for the most part. I did sign up for the 7-Day CBS All Access after Day won the Veto and now look! I think I'll just stick to the YouTube clips after this week. Unless some good stuff pops off after today's Veto meeting. Please let Day use it!

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Read all of that too and can't believe Dani spent this much time with Day, then proceeded to wake up Cody and the rest of the Committee minus Tyler to hatch their stand up to Day plan...  And they worry their alliance will be exposed if she uses the veto. Ummmm don't you think it already is? 

• Love 2

I'll be bummed if Ian goes because I find him less awful than Kevin, but I really pray that Day uses it so I finally have some possible good feeds to watch.  Most likely the way this season is going they'll "forget" to put them back on until hours after the meeting, we'll get our hopes up that all hell broke loose, and we'll come back to everyone casually cooking dinner and no one talking game.  

• Love 6