Type keyword(s) to search

Season 22 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

But they wouldn't know about all the horrible posts and death threats, would they? Aren't they cut off from outside contact? 

It's been leaked in the feeds a couple times but they get to go "upstairs" for a phone call. Probably monitored. But I think if serious things are happening they're allowed to find out.

I think the DR gives them heads up if something serious is going on in the outside world.  Death threats would qualify I’m sure.  Nicole and Dani appear to also been told about some of the things that they’ve said/done. 

Taran said that there was a problem with Julie's technical equipment during the live eviction so they could see her while she was talking to the audience saying Christmas and tyler have a final two etc and they were reading her lips and that's why they are sure about Christmas and Tyler. Do we know what else they know?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, himela said:

Taran said that there was a problem with Julie's technical equipment during the live eviction so they could see her while she was talking to the audience saying Christmas and tyler have a final two etc and they were reading her lips and that's why they are sure about Christmas and Tyler. Do we know what else they know?

The only people who discussed this were Kevin and Day and they said they thought Julie said something about Dani and Xmas being aligned, which is exactly what she did say.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, Ian for sure did. He, like Tyler, tried to DOR. I am pretty sure Nicole A. also whined about quitting but I'm not sure if it went so far as her in the DR for hours threatening to DOR like Tyler and Ian. Dani talked about how she shouldn't have even come but I don't think she threatened to DOR.

Bayleigh threatened to DOR or at least talked to the DR about it. I want to say it was sometime between Janelle and Kaysar's evictions but it might have happened earlier and that's just when it was mentioned.

50 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

It's been leaked in the feeds a couple times but they get to go "upstairs" for a phone call. Probably monitored. But I think if serious things are happening they're allowed to find out.

Not to call bullshit but are there any clips about this? Because that's a pretty far step from no communication and sanitized HoH letters and I think there would be more chatter about it but this is literally the first time I've heard this and I'm pretty all over BB Reddit and BB Twitter. I'm like that creepy dude in the Buffy episode (where Willow thinks she has a cyber-boyfriend but it's a demon in the computer) that's all "I'm jacked in" in the most monotone, zombie voice ever. Basically I have no life. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

So do you think they are going to show just the HoH comp and the initial noms tonight or are they going to also show David using the power (cause that’s really what I want to see).

Edited by Coco88
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Bayleigh threatened to DOR or at least talked to the DR about it. I want to say it was sometime between Janelle and Kaysar's evictions but it might have happened earlier and that's just when it was mentioned.

Not to call bullshit but are there any clips about this? Because that's a pretty far step from no communication and sanitized HoH letters and I think there would be more chatter about it but this is literally the first time I've heard this and I'm pretty all over BB Reddit and BB Twitter. I'm like that creepy dude in the Buffy episode (where Willow thinks she has a cyber-boyfriend but it's a demon in the computer) that's all "I'm jacked in" in the most monotone, zombie voice ever. Basically I have no life. 

I don;t have a clip but I definutely heard it on the feeds. "Go upstairs for the phone." Bayleigh and Day both said it last week.

4 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I don;t have a clip but I definutely heard it on the feeds. "Go upstairs for the phone." Bayleigh and Day both said it last week.

Oh! No, the "phone" is one of their nicknames for the DR. Like BB17's fairies. 

I think it might specifically be the upstairs DR where they can talk to a doctor and a therapist and get their meds but they might also call the downstairs DR that.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

I think the DR gives them heads up if something serious is going on in the outside world.  Death threats would qualify I’m sure.  Nicole and Dani appear to also been told about some of the things that they’ve said/done. 

That's horrible. For the houseguests I mean. People always assume production tells them things to interfere or push their agenda, and that may sometimes be true, but this brings up a new possibility, that sometimes they're doing it to protect the hamsters from real world backlash that could hurt them. 

This game which I used to consider a mindless escape has gotten so complicated and multi-layered. And not in a good way! 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Oh! No, the "phone" is one of their nicknames for the DR. Like BB17's fairies. 

I think it might specifically be the upstairs DR where they can talk to a doctor and a therapist and get their meds but they might also call the downstairs DR that.

Oh I see. I feel dumb now. I reemmber one year the code for DR was "friends." Another year it was "prison."

I think it is the upstairs DR they can ask for a doctor and therapist and medications. 

• Love 3
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Oh I see. I feel dumb now. I reemmber one year the code for DR was "friends." Another year it was "prison."

Don't. I remember being confused in BB21 when they talked about being in Mexico and seeing each other in Mexico and it turned out to be their nickname for sequester. But that was a wacky couple of weeks until we figured that one out. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Lmao. They were all telling cop stories about getting pulled over and sometimes getting recognized by the cop for BB and then wrapping paper starts saying that she gets so mad and will snatch the ticket from the cop's hand and they switched the feed.

Da'vonne spent a long time getting ready and she looks really pretty right now.

ETA: Kevin just asked Day if she thought it's possible to get Tyler on their side. He has some kind of plan and will talk about it with her later.

ETA #2: Day's having a conversation with David in the Have-not room and she sounds like she's going to use the veto! 🙂

Edited by Summerday
  • Love 2

Well .... Memphis tells Cody what Dani can do if she wants them to vote out Tyler.   

How long before Dani hears that from Cody?  What happens if Dani is crazy enough to put up Memphis?   

2 hours ago, Coco88 said:

So do you think they are going to show just the HoH comp and the initial noms tonight or are they going to also show David using the power (cause that’s really what I want to see).

I think they'll just end the ep on initial noms like usual.

2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

This game which I used to consider a mindless escape has gotten so complicated and multi-layered. And not in a good way! 

It's because they keep casting racists lol.

5 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Heh Dom wants Dani to put up Enzo or Memphis:

Finally, he has a good opinion!

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Well .... Memphis tells Cody what Dani can do if she wants them to vote out Tyler.   

How long before Dani hears that from Cody?  What happens if Dani is crazy enough to put up Memphis?   

Sorry I don't understand what that means....

What can Dani do if she wants them to vote out Tyler?

20 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I have always liked Dom more than Dani.  I wish they had asked him for 18. 

So have I.  

Maybe one year they can have couples come back to play.  Might be an interesting season. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Sorry I don't understand what that means....

What can Dani do if she wants them to vote out Tyler?

Sorry about that.  Memphis told Cody that Dani can go eff herself if she wants them to vote out Tyler. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Sorry about that.  Memphis told Cody that Dani can go eff herself if she wants them to vote out Tyler. 

Memphis isn’t gonna cut the bros.  Neither is Cody. 

When the votes don’t go her way, maybe Dani will get a clue and realize that Cody is using her and Nichole. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

The "Methmas" nickname seems a little cruel considering Christmas has been open about her past and being a recovering drug addict. I'm sure it's not meant in a way to be mocking her for addiction issues but there's a wealth of amusing things about her to pick on. She's done a lot of hard work to move past that into a healthier life. Addiction is a disease and I don't think we would be creating or using nicknames for other HGs that reference their diseases. 

Ew, I just defended Christmas. I hate when Big Brother makes me do things like that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The "Methmas" nickname seems a little cruel considering Christmas has been open about her past and being a recovering drug addict. I'm sure it's not meant in a way to be mocking her for addiction issues but there's a wealth of amusing things about her to pick on. She's done a lot of hard work to move past that into a healthier life. Addiction is a disease and I don't think we would be creating or using nicknames for other HGs that reference their diseases. 

Ew, I just defended Christmas. I hate when Big Brother makes me do things like that. 

True. My bad. I saw it on twitter. But you're right, there are so many things to hate about Christmas. Drug addiction isn't one of them.

ETA: Day doesn't want to use the veto. Christ.

• Love 7
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

True. My bad. I saw it on twitter. But you're right, there are so many things to hate about Christmas. Drug addiction isn't one of them.

I've seen that nickname making the rounds, too. It hit me like two days ago that Christmas had talked about how she got clean and how it led her to fitness. I remember people being really cruel during BB19 after her foot surgery and claiming that she was a bitch because she was fiending for a high because duh, addict. But thank you for being so cool about it! It's one of the reasons why this forum is better than almost every other BB corner of the Internet (but of course, we're biased, aren't we?).

Fun fact: the friend I went to go help out earlier this week? Broke the same bone in her foot as Christmas, only she fell off of her bicycle instead of a piggyback ride. It's a painful, no-fun recovery. Also my friend doesn't watch Big Brother so she didn't understand why I dug out a pair of jingle bells from her boxes of Christmas decorations and would shake them when she'd get on her knee scooter to move around the house. Hee!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I've seen that nickname making the rounds, too. It hit me like two days ago that Christmas had talked about how she got clean and how it led her to fitness. I remember people being really cruel during BB19 after her foot surgery and claiming that she was a bitch because she was fiending for a high because duh, addict. But thank you for being so cool about it! It's one of the reasons why this forum is better than almost every other BB corner of the Internet (but of course, we're biased, aren't we?).

Fun fact: the friend I went to go help out earlier this week? Broke the same bone in her foot as Christmas, only she fell off of her bicycle instead of a piggyback ride. It's a painful, no-fun recovery. Also my friend doesn't watch Big Brother so she didn't understand why I dug out a pair of jingle bells from her boxes of Christmas decorations and would shake them when she'd get on her knee scooter to move around the house. Hee!

I'm empathetic to drug addiction because I had a painful surgery and went through a dependence on pain pills after surgery. Thankfully I was able to sort of put a stop to it myself before it got any worse. But it wasn't easy. So I 100% admire Christmas for kicking the habit. 

WIth that being said I just wish she was a nicer person. If she were more likable and strategic I'd admire her personal story. But her personality and gameplay are just shit. 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I have had a love/hate relationship with Day this season, but if she doesn't use the veto I might stop rooting for her. 

Yeah, she is already a target so just save Kevin and force Dani to put up any of the many people who will never work with Da’Vonne.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

ETA: Day doesn't want to use the veto. Christ.

You can call her Skidmarks.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Da’Vonne was just called to the DR. I wish they’d do veto ceremony today so she doesn’t talk to Dani and get convinced not to use the veto.

Just now, Lamb18 said:

You can call her Skidmarks.

But then people might confuse her with Enzo. Heh.

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, Michichick said:

Yeah, she is already a target so just save Kevin and force Dani to put up any of the many people who will never work with Da’Vonne.

If Dani puts up Ian and Ian goes that will be a good move for Day since Ian does not want to work with Day and Nicole will need Day more. Even though Kevin reads are pretty shitty the one thing he was good at in season 11 was convincing people to do stuff. So, hopefully he can find that superpower and just get Day to use the veto on him.  

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The "Methmas" nickname seems a little cruel considering Christmas has been open about her past and being a recovering drug addict

I was confused the first few times I saw it thinking it referred to Memphis. Lol     

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I think that Day is definitely using the veto, she just doesn't want to confirm it because she doesn't want the other side to have time to come up with a plan. She wants them to rest easy because they believe that she's falling for their lies and then have to scramble and come up with something on the fly when the veto gets played. That's what she said to David anyway...so hopefully she meant it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I mean, Day needs to use the veto.

The best thing to do when you are in the minority is *expose* that the big alliance has members it values more than others. If you don't make any attempt to do that, we end up with incredibly due seasons where people go with the majority until they get voted out.

She has to know that she is not ever going to worm her way into groups with anyone in that alliance if she leaves it in tact.

• Love 8
Just now, MKL122788 said:

I mean, Day needs to use the veto.

The best thing to do when you are in the minority is *expose* that the big alliance has members it values more than others. If you don't make any attempt to do that, we end up with incredibly due seasons where people go with the majority until they get voted out.

She has to know that she is not ever going to worm her way into groups with anyone in that alliance if she leaves it in tact.

Plus Dani has told Nicole she doesn't want to embarrass Day by voting out Kevin! She is in the same spot whether she uses it or not.  

• Love 1
Just now, Alice Mudgarden said:

Hilarious considering I thought if he played like any winner on BB20, it was Dan more than it was ever Will.

I agree. I remember Dan tweeting after Tyler lost and said that playing like him might be a losing type of game plus Dan is a big fan of Tyler. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

It shouldn't be a losing type of game, but Big Brother sucks now, so.

In some ways, I attribute it to how our society has changed in the last 10-15 years.

The participation trophies that support self-importance. The belief that the house should get along for the sake of getting along. The rise of social media and people valuing themselves based on the value others place on them. Furthermore, the rise of internet communication, which makes people have more anxiety and awkwardness in social situations. 

These things have created a younger generation which has difficulty with in person interactions. The general anxiety makes them more emotional when they do invest into a relationship then feel betrayed.

This emotion is generally harder for them to put aside and separate from the game itself.

As a result, we generally have juries that retain animosity and vote accordingly. Even worse, they try to get their friends to vote that way because convincing others only solidifies their belief.

Of course, it hasn't really helped that Big Brother has leaned into this by casting increasingly younger groups of people of which many are social media influencers. That is basically the most extreme subgroup of the population for that set of characteristics.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, MKL122788 said:

In some ways, I attribute it to how our society has changed in the last 10-15 years.

The participation trophies that support self-importance. The belief that the house should get along for the sake of getting along. The rise of social media and people valuing themselves based on the value others place on them. Furthermore, the rise of internet communication, which makes people have more anxiety and awkwardness in social situations. 

These things have created a younger generation which has difficulty with in person interactions. The general anxiety makes them more emotional when they do invest into a relationship then feel betrayed.

This emotion is generally harder for them to put aside and separate from the game itself.

As a result, we generally have juries that retain animosity and vote accordingly. Even worse, they try to get their friends to vote that way because convincing others only solidifies their belief.

Of course, it hasn't really helped that Big Brother has leaned into this by casting increasingly younger groups of people of which many are social media influencers. That is basically the most extreme subgroup of the population for that set of characteristics.

The biggest issue with current seasons is that they expanded the cast. If they stuck to 12 people each season the show would be a lot better.  I don't think social media influencers are any different than the houseguests from season 2-8 who would move to LA after the show was over and try to be actors.  That only ended because of the recession.  I was watching some old jury footage and the juries from season 4 & 5 were very bitter they luckily chose the better player. The season 10 jury was pretty bitter, but towards Memphis. 

• Love 2