Type keyword(s) to search

Season 22 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Fuck. I hate the fact that I'm defending Bayleigh - who helped to scam Kevin out of fundraiser money with her now husband - but she can be both a villain and a victim and I think that this is an important message that sometimes gets lost. Like, I don't like Bayleigh for her past actions though I have enjoyed her in the house this season but she still doesn't deserve the shit that has been brought down on her. 

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Did I say that? No. I don't believe Christmas wanting to nominate two black women together is in itself racist. There is history that black women are nominated together because of the assumption that they must be paired up - usually because the big alliances in New Big Brother shun them. However the way Christmas acted and the things Tyler said brought race into this. Christmas claimed that the black nominees were going to freak out when nominated and were going to stab her, shoot her, cut her, and shove a fork in her face. Would Christmas say that about Dani or Nicole Franzel? No. Because even if they were aggressive (and Dani can be), they don't have that same "ghetto" stereotype that Christmas was putting on Bayleigh and Da'Vonne. Tyler used Black Lives Matter as a reason for why he wanted to sacrifice his game for them to get further. No one made him say those things but he did so now he brought race into the discussion. Christmas opted not to let that happen - that's not racist. Christmas yelling at Da'Vonne that she's locking her bedroom door at night (the assumption being because she's afraid of Da'Vonne becoming physical) does have racist connotations. 

It's nuanced. You can't just say that it is or isn't one thing completely. At the start, it had nothing to do with race. By now, race has been brought into it. 

Ok, good post. I agree with all of this. 

• Love 2

And ,for the record, I posted on BB Reddit that Tyler is a despicable human being for exploiting the BLM movement for his own personal advancement in the game, and I have now been banned. Ah well, never liked them anyways :).

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

The fact is Bay and Day were played.  Christmas turned on Bay.  Sometime it happens.  Sounds like Christmas actually was playing the game.  Tyler was playing them, too.  He should have told them that he decided to stay. 

In the end, Bay/Day played poorly.  Didn’t have a good read on the house.   Should have known there was a power alliance because there always is. Should have worked with Janelle/Kayser and not voted with the house. 

Bay and Day tried to do what everyone says they should do...integrate with the white majority. Now you are saying they should have embraced their roles as outcasts and tried to fight with other outcasts like...who? 

Should Bay and Day just assume that they are not part of a house majority, or just when it's an all white majority?

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The feeds are gonna be down a lot today because, well, they’re trying to protect Christmas lol.

Production, probably: "Christmas, please go to the storage room. Your watermelon delivery has arrived."

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

FYI: If you follow the SCENARIOS 2 account on Youtube for feed clips, they got hit by multiple copyright violations and got taken down. I'm sure SCENARIOS 3 will appear eventually.

Please inform us if you see a new channel. 🙂

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, himela said:

Please inform us if you see a new channel. 🙂

We might be dependent on short Twitter clips for now. Any time one of those channels start getting shared publicly, they get taken down. I'm surprised this one lasted as long as it did. Kind of interesting that Christmas is getting the Jackson treatment on the feeds at the moment and the channel went down after it shared everything that happened last night but it probably is a coincidence. I just like how the tinfoil makes crinkly noises on my head. 

• LOL 5
13 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

Dani told Cody and Nicole F that Bay did nothing wrong and that she doesn't blame Bay being mad that Xmas can get away with stuff she can't.

Of COURSE Dani has to make it about herself, lol.

12 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Just that Christmas was a bully and that Jessica was awesome. And that Dani figures the biggest fear Christmas had coming into this season was being branded as a bully because of BB19. 

I don't know about that.  At the finale of BB19 she talked about how due to her injury (If you haven't heard, she broke her foot) she had to rely on her social game.  I don't think either she or Paul ever owned their bullying tactics, and she still seems pretty delusional about how she comes across.  You would think that a person with her history (both in the game and in life) would be a little more cautious about their actions.

• Love 7

Honestly, I agree with Day that last night felt like a set-up. Christmas

7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

These are both hilarious and terrifying:

"To be expected".. yeah, that tells me all I need to know. Fuck you!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Honestly, I agree with Day that last night felt like a set-up. Christmas

"To be expected".. yeah, that tells me all I need to know. Fuck you!

Christmas was drunk. My first reaction is Christmas is an angry drunk based off of last night. Now I might look at it different since Day said that. 

• Love 2

Wow, what a mess. I haven't really been watching and let's face it, this season blows 2020. But after reading through everything, and trying to catch up...yikes. I have liked Tyler, but he really stepped in it. I don't know if he went into this whole thing with active ill intent, but at the end of the day, he seems like such a coward at the very least. 

I agree with those who have said that he brought race into it, by saying he wanted to stand for something bigger and then completely backing out of it. I really don't care if he tried to weasel production to keep his stipend, and that sort of thing, but to then back out of his desire to go home, not give Day and Bay a heads up that he changed his mind, and then also claim that they are playing victim? DUDE, WTH. Obviously his morals aren't exactly that strong to begin with.

I have to laugh that he's done a terrible job now hyping the Tangela brand, lol. 

Ironic that he was gunning for AFP again this year, I'm sure.

Regarding BB's terrible feeds this year, I don't think they are necessarily trying to protect Thanksgiving personally, but they're trying to minimize the amount of racism they allow on the feeds, to keep the backlash down. Obviously, it's not working, which is good. Air it. Let people debate it and see it. Bring it into the light. Isn't that the whole "social experiment"?

(Seriously, why was Labor Day allowed back with her history? I'd like to see Day and Bay complain to the DR about fearing her. She's the potentially violent person in the house. Projection is a thing, Xmas.)

I hate this season. Let David, Day, or even hell, Memphis win and then let's pretend this "all-stars" season never happened.

• Love 15

Gentle reminder that you can have these discussions about race with regards to the houseguests, as long as you all are being civil and respectful with each other. Do not make personal attacks about each other. Please keep the discussion about the players in the game and what is happening on the live feeds. Thank you. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I agree with those who have said that he brought race into it, by saying he wanted to stand for something bigger and then completely backing out of it. I really don't care if he tried to weasel production to keep his stipend, and that sort of thing, but to then back out of his desire to go home, not give Day and Bay a heads up that he changed his mind, and then also claim that they are playing victim? DUDE, WTH. Obviously his morals aren't exactly that strong to begin with.

Literally someone on twitter said that Tyler stood with them but it is not fair to ask him to give up his stipend. Like WTF?! If your principles come with a price, they're not principles! Ugh..

Edited by UniqBlue69
  • Love 17
17 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

You know what part of Bay's side that I loved? When she said she wasn't going to allow Christmas to play the victim. Just... thank you. Whether you're talking personally or in terms of game, Christmas is not the victim. Get out of here with that, Arbor Day.

(Arbor Day will always be my favorite go to holiday)

• Love 13

Okay David is now playing some sort of game but I can't figure out what? He thinks its Nicole, Ian, Cody and Dani who are the "four horsemen." Told Christmas she was being used. Told Enzo the same. Now he wants Bayleigh to play nice with Tyler. What is his goal here?

2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Okay David is now playing some sort of game but I can't figure out what? He thinks its Nicole, Ian, Cody and Dani who are the "four horsemen." Told Christmas she was being used. Told Enzo the same. Now he wants Bayleigh to play nice with Tyler. What is his goal here?

He clocked the 4 prime alliance (even though it's fake for everyone minus Ian). I think he thinks this will help Bay stay.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I mean, it's David. Does anyone really know? Does David know?

He seems to want to flip the vote and get Da'Vonne out this week. This will probably go as well as every other vote flip attempt so far this season. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

He seems to want to flip the vote and get Da'Vonne out this week. This will probably go as well as every other vote flip attempt so far this season. 

Ah remember the early days where David and Day were said to have a budding showmance before Day "broke up" with him?

• Love 1
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Ah remember the early days where David and Day were said to have a budding showmance before Day "broke up" with him?

The only good thing that came from that was Bayleigh saying that it took Nicole "a couple of seasons and a few showmances" to win in a friendly tone, Nicole turning that into the snappier "a couple of tries and a couple of guys", and then crying about it. Bayleigh earned her one AFP vote from me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

"Why am I here? I read people. That's what I do." or something like that... I read somewhere that he's overly confident about his ability because he was praised for his one correct read last year.  I really don't want to watch this train wreck that's coming...

• Love 3
Just now, Tuxcat said:

"Why am I here? I read people. That's what I do." or something like that... I read somewhere that he's overly confident about his ability because he was praised for his one correct read last year.  I really don't want to watch this train wreck that's coming...

Did you ever see that David appeared on the Big Brother subreddit after his season? Not to talk game or anything but to share his LinkedIn and maybe connect with someone who wanted to hire him. I think he's just in another world, a higher plane of existence, that us sub-187 IQ dummies can't understand. 

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

The feeds are gonna be down a lot today because, well, they’re trying to protect Christmas/themselves lol.

But this is what I mean... this is what Bayleigh does. She thinks people do things to get a reaction out of her. But I don't think anyone in that house wants a raging Bayleigh in the house. I didn't enjoy it at all the two times i've seen it. There's yelling and then there's blind rage and Bayleigh gets to blind rage. 

I'm actually proud that she's remaining calm through all of this and has some sort of control over her anger. 

No I can't understand what her life is like but from what I have seen she likes to play the victim a lot. 

And yes Christmas has gone about these nominations poorly and I don't know WTF Tyler was even trying to do or why he thought it was a good idea to bring BLM into this whole thing. 

• Love 3

ok so other than challenges - how do you propose production play a part in how people are nominated?? 

It's all in the casting. They need to stop casting 20-something social media influencers and swimsuit models every year. Look to Tough as Nails for how to cast a reality show: real people with real jobs. (Granted, that show was casting for a certain type: blue collar workers, but they had real people and real diversity.)

I know the CBS marketing department believes "people like to look at pretty people" but I guarantee you, those focus groups were not watching live feeds 24/7 season after season and realizing the same damn thing was happening every single year because they keep casting the exact same type and mix of people.

• Love 17

I don't know if it's been mentioned but today on Taran's podcast, he and his co-host, who is black, have a fascinating, detailed and nuanced discussion of all of the issues on the feeds that everyone here has been discussing. It's worth watching. It's serious at times but also pretty funny at others. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Literally someone on twitter said that Tyler stood with them but it is not fair to ask him to give up his stipend. Like WTF?! If your principles come with a price, they're not principles! Ugh..

While I don't normally play devil's advocate and I think Tyler is definitely guilty of generating/escalating some of the pain Bay and Day feel, I don't really agree with that last statement. It is easy to support the things you believe in when they cost you nothing. It takes a tremendous amount of courage/belief/urgency to support a principle regardless of the costs.

If production threatened Tyler with the costs of his constant testing, his sequester, and his airfare as well as losing his stipend, he might look at that as something that jeopardizes his and Angela's well being. In his eyes, apologizing and looking bad would probably be better than inflicting hardships on the people you care about. Furthermore, I wouldn't put it past Grodner to pull that kind of crap if she thinks Tyler leaving will tank ratings further.

But really, almost every principle that everyone has comes with a price tag...perhaps not a money based one, but there are things I value more than some of my principles. For example, one of my principles is that I would never put myself or my family in danger. I am a professor at a community college that went back to school this semester in a hybrid format...primarily because the school president was adamant that we would be open regardless of what was happening with COVID. I strongly disagreed with this approach, but I didn't raise the issue because we don't have tenure here. I really can't risk being fired as my significant other lost his job due the pandemic. As a result, I potentially put myself and my significant other in a small amount of danger every day in order to avoid the monetary consequences which could potentially put us in danger as well.

I don't think it makes Tyler a bad person if he was forced to choose the lesser evil of two crappy options. But I also think that when you make these choices, you have to live with the potential consequences and negative reactions others have to your choices.

• Love 7

As far as changes production can make I have been thinking about it.

The cast is way too entitled these days. Make them uncomfortable.  Make them go back to having to compete for food and luxuries instead of complain that they were gI've too much bread. Have them compete in competitions that create paranoia and distrust no matter who you 6 fake alliancmates are. The international versions are so much better at this. The cast sits around for 4-5 days per week complaining. Make them do some shit. The formula is not stale, it is mummified.

Edited by keke23
  • Love 21

Is Christmas still throwing a temper tantrum upstairs and not spending time with the rest of the house playing stupid games?

ETA: Never mind, just saw her with her face that looks like she had been crying for hours and hours again. Good. She deserves it.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7

If production threatened Tyler with the costs of his constant testing, his sequester, and his airfare as well as losing his stipend, he might look at that as something that jeopardizes his and Angela's well being. In his eyes, apologizing and looking bad would probably be better than inflicting hardships on the people you care about. Furthermore, I wouldn't put it past Grodner to pull that kind of crap if she thinks Tyler leaving will tank ratings further.

I hate to think (but don't necessarily doubt) that production would go that far to manipulate the game. As has been noted elsewhere, past contestants have volunteered to be back doored before, the most memorable case being Lawon. If Grodner et. al. are now stepping in to prevent a player they perceive to be too popular to lose from leaving under the same circumstances, they are hands-on rigging this game in a more blatant way than we've seen them do before. Basically they are insuring that certain players make it to the end at the expense of others.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I hate to think (but don't necessarily doubt) that production would go that far to manipulate the game. As has been noted elsewhere, past contestants have volunteered to be back doored before, the most memorable case being Lawon. If Grodner et. al. are now stepping in to prevent a player they perceive to be too popular to lose from leaving under the same circumstances, they are hands-on rigging this game in a more blatant way than we've seen them do before. Basically they are insuring that certain players make it to the end at the expense of others.

I think they definitely view Tyler as a flagship contestant. I don't know why -- in previous seasons flagship contestants have been a combo of gameplayers (Will, Dan, Derrick, Danielle, Vanessa) or personalities (Janelle, Britney, Jordeff, Rachel). Tyler's game in BB20 was good but it wasn't legendary and his personality is kind of boring. 

• Love 8
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

I think they definitely view Tyler as a flagship contestant. I don't know why -- in previous seasons flagship contestants have been a combo of gameplayers (Will, Dan, Derrick, Danielle, Vanessa) or personalities (Janelle, Britney, Jordeff, Rachel). Tyler's game in BB20 was good but it wasn't legendary and his personality is kind of boring. 

I think he is one of the best players from the last 3 seasons. Granted it's not like he had much competition lol. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, MitaJo said:

Sometimes we have to bottle up our feelings to assimilate so often that you can't contain them anymore. 

Bay has mentioned so many times this season that she has to do this. Day mentioned it after the fight with Christmas. It’s saddening and infuriating to watch so I can only imagine how difficult it is to live with and they have the added stress of playing this game on top of it.

POC just have no chance in this game and I don’t think it’s worth it for them. I honestly don’t think any POC should ever agree to play this game again unless significant changes are made. And there is zero chance such changes will ever be made unfortunately. 

• Love 20

Just remember night one Dani/Nicole wanted Bay out because they thought she would blow up on someone. The rest of the house thought Christmas would blow up on someone first. I remember Cody, Memphis and Janelle specifically mentioning this in the first two weeks.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

So on a more shallow note, my sister just spent the weekend in Denver to drive up her daughter’s stuff to her new job (we both live in the Houston area), and spent 17 straight hours driving home yesterday, so had no clue what was happening in BB, and it took me a good 10 minutes to explain all the things, and it was hard to explain, y’all, and we ended with her saying “I wonder what we’ll see on the show” (she doesn’t have feeds), and I just laughed.

But tomorrow night’s show will be the first I watch in quite awhile. It will be interesting to see how they play this crazy bullshit. 

• Love 7