Type keyword(s) to search

Season 22 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, choclatechip45 said:

I don't think Dani has much of an identity outside of Big Brother. Maybe it's because she was on the show at age 20, but she has dated 3 guys from the show in the real world. At least she went to college and did have a job outside of Big Brother for awhile. Most of her friends seem to be connected to Big Brother. Her dad definitley does not have an identity outside of the show which is pretty sad. 

Maybe that’s why she and Nicole get along so well; they have both used the BB house as their only venue for meeting men.

42 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Dani's After School Special Moment. Also, I'm sure she's wording it awkwardly, but Down's Syndrome? Where did that come from? 

I just had the same reaction—Down syndrome and Autism are not even a little the same thing. For Dani to imply she forgets Ian has Autism because he doesn’t show any similarities to kids with Down Syndrome whom she’s worked with is almost as bad to me as the mocking, because it’s really ignorant and honestly sort of offensive. Not all disabilities are visible or obvious. If she’s a teacher, she really should be more informed. Ian is VERY consistent with children and adults who are high functioning on the spectrum. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

So looks like production called Dani in for a talk. And let's not forget, she's an art teacher. 

Tone is hard to read, so I wasn't sure if your "she's an art teacher" was meaning that she didn't help kids with disabilities? Yeah, she's a dumb dumb for saying Down's and not autism. But art actually is a valuable form of therapy for kids with autism. Given I don't know if Dani has a degree, but I have a friend who is an art therapist, so it is a legitimate thing.

And totally sorry if I read your post wrong and it's maybe something that Dani mentions all the time or something.

ETA: Or you know what Jillibean said way more articulately than me above.

Edited by grandmabegum
What Jillibean said
  • Love 1

Sometimes I forget Ian has autism (especially the first week) mostly because after his original season he made it very clear he didn't have autism in his post show interviews. I think it's great he got tested after his season hopefully it has helped him in the outside world. I don't know how you confuse Downs Syndrom and Autism that's some real ignorant shit right there. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, grandmabegum said:

Tone is hard to read, so I wasn't sure if your "she's an art teacher" was meaning that she didn't help kids with disabilities? Yeah, she's a dumb dumb for saying Down's and not autism. But art actually is a valuable form of therapy for kids with autism. Given I don't know if Dani has a degree, but I have a friend who is an art therapist, so it is a legitimate thing.

And totally sorry if I read your post wrong and it's maybe something that Dani mentions all the time or something.

ETA: Or you know what Jillibean said way more articulately than me above.

I'm just saying that as an art teacher she'll often work with special needs kids for art therapy (it's actually a thing) so her lack of sensitivity is, uh, problematic.

• Love 9

Does anyone know why Danielle named her daughter "Tennessee?"  As a Tennessee alum it kind of annoys me that she's wearing the Orange.  And to add insult to injury, Natalie was walking around tonight in a Michigan State sweatshirt and my dad has a degree from MSU.  Go Sparty!  I have a much longer list of forbidden school gear, but I'll stop there for now.  🙂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Does anyone know why Danielle named her daughter "Tennessee?"  As a Tennessee alum it kind of annoys me that she's wearing the Orange.  And to add insult to injury, Natalie was walking around tonight in a Michigan State sweatshirt and my dad has a degree from MSU.  Go Sparty!  I have a much longer list of forbidden school gear, but I'll stop there for now.  🙂 

I remember reading this on IG after she gave birth.

• Love 6

I’ve really been enjoying deleting the shows from my DVR for a few weeks now, like I’m smugly showing how I’m so above all of this terribleness. Then I immediately come here and find out what happened because let’s face it, I’m still hooked on this horrible show even though it’s entirely due to this thread.  So....any reason to watch tonight? Any real truth leading up to the meeting? Obviously no post Veto fight, but does Tyler play ANY role tonight? 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I’ve really been enjoying deleting the shows from my DVR for a few weeks now, like I’m smugly showing how I’m so above all of this terribleness. Then I immediately come here and find out what happened because let’s face it, I’m still hooked on this horrible show even though it’s entirely due to this thread.  So....any reason to watch tonight? Any real truth leading up to the meeting? Obviously no post Veto fight, but does Tyler play ANY role tonight? 

They show some of Tyler’s conversation with Day and Bay, as well as him asking Christmas to put him on the block. Also shows Bay speculating that maybe he was just trying to look good for TV. Overall, I feel like Bay got the semi-villain edit and they tried to make Tyler look sincere. And painted it as Bayleigh being unwilling to let go of her old beef with Tyler as justification for it being okay that Tyler is glad he didn’t go on the block after all.

1 minute ago, keke23 said:

Saint Tylerifulous tried to fall on his sword but it was not to be because that vindictive Bayleigh does not deserve it. Oh and Xmas said some power trippy shit too.

Your post is better and more concise than my post that followed. I am irritated that Tyler got a good guy edit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

To me, this edit makes me feel even more strongly about producer interference.

I felt that Tyler would probably come off unscathed, but they didn't even really make Christmas look as bad as she should. Somehow, they managed to put it on Bay.

Maybe they will drop the hammer on Christmas before eviction tomorrow, but I don't have high hopes.

Edited by MKL122788
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

I just had the same reaction—Down syndrome and Autism are not even a little the same thing. For Dani to imply she forgets Ian has Autism because he doesn’t show any similarities to kids with Down Syndrome whom she’s worked with is almost as bad to me as the mocking, because it’s really ignorant and honestly sort of offensive. Not all disabilities are visible or obvious. If she’s a teacher, she really should be more informed. Ian is VERY consistent with children and adults who are high functioning on the spectrum. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Thalia said:

At least Nicole living in Michigan has a high probability of being a Spartan fan and/or has close family who either attends or graduated from MSU.  (btw, I bleed green!)

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, keke23 said:

Saint Tylerifulous tried to fall on his sword but it was not to be because that vindictive Bayleigh does not deserve it. Oh and Xmas said some power trippy shit too.

And.....delete. Thank y’all!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, toomuchtv said:

So what’s the real story vs what was shown on tv tonight with the day/bay/Tyler/Xmas? 

The real story is feeds were cut so often that we don't really know the real story. This allows the powers that be to attempt to shape the narrative(poorly) like they did tonight.

EDIT: I should say that we know enough to know that the story told tonight is just...not it.

Edited by MKL122788
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, MKL122788 said:

EDIT: I should say that we know enough to know that the story told tonight is just...not it.

Yeah, I decided to watch live tonight to see how Allison Grodner was going to shape the narrative.. as Rockstar would say, DIS-GUS-TING!! I love you guys but I don't know how long I can hang on with this shitshow!

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, toomuchtv said:

So what’s the real story vs what was shown on tv tonight with the day/bay/Tyler/Xmas? 

I really enjoyed the episode. It included a lot of the feed info I've read here, with maybe some added nuance via DRs and possibly scenes feed watchers weren't privy to. It changed my mind about a few things. 

But as expected there was zero mention of production telling Tyler he couldn't ask to be voted out. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Was Memphis given the same talk?

Even if he was he would not give one fuck. He'd probably just double down on his Ian shit.

Obviously, I knew they'd give Tyler a good edit but damn they caught me off guard by giving Bay a villain edit. That's nasty lol.

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I really enjoyed the episode. It included a lot of the feed info I've read here, with maybe some added nuance via DRs and possibly scenes feed watchers weren't privy to. It changed my mind about a few things. 

But as expected there was zero mention of production telling Tyler he couldn't ask to be voted out. 

But it didn't show Bayleigh's vulnerable moments. That edit painted her as the stereotypical angry bitch.  She and Davonte were lead to believe it was happening. There were prepped by both Tyler and Xmas - egged on ( after they knew they weren't using it) - all the way up until veto ceremony. Tyler helped her with the veto speech - all the while knowing it wasn't happening. He set her up.  They preyed on that vulnerability - really for no reason - she's leaving the house.  Of course Bayleigh can't fully trust Tyler - but that didn't mean that she wasn't trying. They had several conversations about that - open and honest ones. And if he really wanted to extend an olive branch and he really believed in supporting their "cause" - then what would it matter if she still had reservations regarding trust. His desire to support BLM is only dependent on Bailey bowing to her savior?

• Love 17
2 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

I couldn’t hear everything Memphis was saying. What I did hear him saying wasn’t cool. But I do understand when people say they can’t look at him when he’s rocking. I can’t either. I have misokinesia and misophonia and I am bothered by repetitive motion and sound. Nothing against Ian. I love him. I just can’t watch the rocking. 

It also bugs me that the article said people were accusing the group of bullying Ian. Did they? I didn’t see them saying any of this to Ian. I hope they didn’t. But people also need to stop using words incorrectly. It lessens the effectiveness of the word when it really is happening. 

• Love 3

I thought the most egregious exclusion was not showing Tyler helping Bay with her veto speech knowing full well that it wasn't going to happen.  Between that and not once showing Christmas being ok with it (and fake forming the blitzing bombshells alliance) before changing her mind.  I get why they didn't want to bring BLM into it (not that I agree with them) but they should have shown just how far Tyler and Christmas took it.  For heaven's sake, the feed outtakes of the whole situation are in mainstream media.  It's not like they're keeping anything secret, just completely distorting the facts to make Tyler/Christmas look good.  They left out anything that would make them seem even partially shady.  I was on Tyler's side during the Ty/Bay showdown in BB20, but this was just revisionist.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I couldn’t hear everything Memphis was saying. What I did hear him saying wasn’t cool. But I do understand when people say they can’t look at him when he’s rocking. I can’t either. I have misokinesia and misophonia and I am bothered by repetitive motion and sound. Nothing against Ian. I love him. I just can’t watch the rocking. 

It also bugs me that the article said people were accusing the group of bullying Ian. Did they? I didn’t see them saying any of this to Ian. I hope they didn’t. But people also need to stop using words incorrectly. It lessens the effectiveness of the word when it really is happening. 

It bothers me that they quoted Evel Dick since he has his own history of problematic comments. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Tyler benefiting from the edit, I expected. Bayleigh being the villain in the edit? I should have seen it coming and I didn't and I am so fucking pissed.

Tomorrow is going to be a fucking shitshow.

It's obviously going to be a shitshow, but I think the show will turn on Christmas. Not as much as we want, but I think she will get a villain edit. If only to protect Tyler even more.

You know, like, "Here's your sacrificial villain. Don't attack Tyler!"

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

You know, like, "Here's your sacrificial villain. Don't attack Tyler!"

I know it's not going to change, but I'm still irritated by this.  Even if his intentions were 100%, the best that can be said is that he was a coward for not going to Bay/Day and letting them know things had changed.  Sure, that's partially on Christmas as well, but she wasn't the one that initiated the whole mess.   He went to them with an offer, not the other way around.  He doesn't have to mention production interference, he could easily have said he had a weak moment, but he decided that he really wanted to stay.  It's just crap that the show won't touch on this at all.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I'll have to take your word for it. We all like different things, and probably taste different things. For example, being born in England, I love Marmite, which makes most people over here gag.

Speaking of gagging, the show is on soon. I can't wait to see how much of all the feeds stuff actually shows up. 

So in conclusion, I guess I'll give egg and pb lovers the benefit of the doubt, even when they're named after holidays. 

People always seem to get mad when I bring this up in real life.  But I don't even eat eggs at all, never mind eggs with pb on/in them.  I eat with eggs mixed in like cake or pancakes.  But yeah I will not willingly touch eggs at all they are so gross to me.

4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I didn't realize Paulie is older then Cody; I thought Cody was the older brother.

I always assumed the same as well.  I might not be a fan of Cody, but he does come across as far more mature than his brother.

• Love 7

Jeez this is the first year I’ve seen some of the feeds, because I have a free month of CBS All Access, and they suck! Every time it seems like something interesting is being talked about, they cut away. No way would I ever pay for this!

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

I always assumed the same as well.  I might not be a fan of Cody, but he does come across as far more mature than his brother.

Cody is mostly a harmless idiot, while Paulie is definitely the more problematic brother.

• Love 8