Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Old Testaments, New Revelations

• Start Topic

Let me chime in on a hot sub-topic... I've been to a copule  cash bar weddings/events.  In both cases, the bride and groom did not drink alcohol. And one set of the the parents didn't. So if you wanted boozes/wines/beer, that was a charge. All other beverages were free - pouring all night long.

I think if it is tastefully worded on the invite, if word of mouth doesn't work, then people won't be shocked and still can have a good time. And yes - I am sure there were plenty of flasks and other portable devices that slid in on the fly.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

They're all broke except Monique and maybe Ashley and we all know that's the Aussie's money

Monique is broke too.  What football did she run down the field? If Big Chris dumps her due to the word on the streets, all she will get out of him will be child support and she'll be in the same position as Charrisse as soon as the little baby turns 18.

I can't figure out where they live. Is it a condo, townhome, house, what? Doesn't look like anything much but for all we know it's a million dollar penthouse in the sky.

They live in a condo in Arlington VA where the tiny bungalow tear down houses will be at least $400K.  Arlington is not cheap.  The closer to DC, the more money the houses/townhouses/condos will cost.   Michael probably developed the condo community where they live

That's why I'm like "Gurl bye" to Candiace laughing at Gizelle's $900K Bethesda tear down cabin.  When Gizelle sells her tear down cabin she will make a nice profit because of the location.  When Dorothy sells the National Harbor townhouse, the equity will go into Dorothy's pockets, not Candiace's.

Is she driving an old mini cooper? 

Allegedly it's Jamal's Mini Cooper.

These other women have nothing on her and as far as I can tell she is the only one with a good marriage. 

Stay tuned.

I don’t know if Monique is secure or not but Charisse is a thirsty bitch who wants to get back on the show I’m sure. Also is she even divorced yet? Why is she so respected in their scene?

Charrisse is very connected because she was the head of the NBA Wives and very much on the DC area charity scene so she knows everyone.  Her kid went to school with Obama's kids. Obviously she would know Robyn as a fellow NBA wife and Robyn, Gizelle & Karen through the Jack & Jill scene.  Her connections are why Monique was kissing her ass in Season 3 and why that's going to come back to bite Monique in the ass this season.

• Love 8
On 8/3/2020 at 5:31 PM, TexasGal said:

The hell is Candiace wearing at the anniversary party?  Her outfit is almost worse than cash bar at the party.  Have a party at your own house if you can't afford to do what you want to do somewhere else.

23 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I like Monique, but I would freak if she brought that bird to my house. Even in a cage. And no way i'd go to her house with a bird in it.  Just Nope! 

Candy Ass's party was so tacky. Glad someone commented on her ugly outfit.

With her tiny pin head and giant wigs, she always looks like a little girl playing dress up with some tacky Barbie clothes from the nineties.

7 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

lol, this. Girlfriend is spoiled, nasty and delusional. The shade against Gizelle's home was the best. Because Gizelle may live in a 900,000 barn but it's HER 900,000 barn, as opposed to Miss "Mommy was paying the mortgage for me and my broke ass husband".

This so much, particularly the bolded. The "hood behavior and I'm from country club upbringing" she threw at Monique at last season's reunion was a perfect example of that. And what has all that "privilege" really gotten Candiace? Correct me if I'm wrong, does she have an impressive degree from a highly respected institution? I am not aware of any impressive career, she is living in a home that until recently was paid for by her mother and her husband has multiple children, one of whom he was essentially a dead beat dad to. And he broke.

Candiace tries to throw around some wealth and privilege that she in fact does not have and it's really just laughable. They clearly could not afford the full cost of that place for their little 1 year anniversary party, dead beat hubby full on says they don't have her mother's purses to rely on anymore, making it clear they were living off her mother before. Like seriously?

Candiace is like many of the aristocrats in England. People who have titles because back in the day their great, great grandfather was a Lord or Baron or something but they are actually cash poor as fuck. And yet, they still turn their noses down at "commoners" with "new money". 

Admittedly I missed all of Season 3 of this show (and was really hoping Bravo would air a marathon in preparation for the new season but instead they are obsessed with Below Deck or Million Dollar Listings) so I never saw when Candiace and Monique originally joined the cast. So maybe there were things about Monique back then that makes some view her differently. 

Because from what I observed last season, I agree with the above and just don't see this insecure, seeking validation from these other women person. I actually loved how she handled Candiace's pathetic "hood behavior and I'm from the country club" jab at the reunion. She laughed it off and said "yeah, I am from the hood and proudly so". And so it's like, "and...anything else".

Miss county club is the one who had a purse fight with her mother...you can’t get any more ratchet than that.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Monique is broke too.  What football did she run down the field?

If she's married to a man with money then she has money. 

2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

all she will get out of him will be child support and she'll be in the same position as Charrisse as soon as the little baby turns 18.

Then she better get that secret bank account now so she can start saving her coins. 

As for Charisse, did she not get a fair divorce settlement? 

• Love 5
On 8/3/2020 at 6:21 PM, sATL said:

I was just thinking the same thing.. wondering if Robyn/Gizelle would try to pop out another one (by any natural or medical means necessary) or adopt, just to say that they are with these men for the "sake of the children"...

Well Gizelle is 49 so I doubt that. And Robyn has said a number of times that she wants no more kids. Plus—they already have kids with these men. Why would another baby be necessary as an excuse to be with them? Babies/toddlers weren’t enough to keep them together the first time! 

13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't get that vibe at all, she seems so secure in her marriage, she has several homes, beautiful children and her figure bounces back after each baby, having money now or growing up with money makes no difference if you are secure in who you are...just look at Katie, she grew up with money and beauty and has made bad life choices and is a head case.  I think Monique is just fine where she is.

Agreed. I see no jealousy from her, nor any reason to be. She’s also insanely beautiful with one of those figures that make it hard to gain weight. I mean, hell, I’m a bit jealous of her! 

5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

. I can't figure out where they live. Is it a condo, townhome, house, what? Doesn't look like anything much but for all we know it's a million dollar penthouse in the sky. For some reason we never really see the place, only small shots of the living room which looks like one of the first apartments I ever rented.  

They usually show a shot of a high rise condo/apt building so I assume it’s located in that building. If it’s in Arlington, Va I’m sure it’s very expensive—yet nothing about it looks home-y or inviting to me. Looks “cold” or something? Heck I prefer Robin and Juan’s townhome over Ashley and Michaels place (although I don’t envy all the driving Robyn has to do from Baltimore to get to the DC area for filming events. 

• Love 3

Ashley is really beginning to look like her mother.

Karen’s house looks like a real estate agency staged it to sell.  There’s nothing personal in it.

Every year I feel that they should rename this the Real Housewives of the DMV.  They really never do anything in Potomac.  They’re in Arlington, National Harbor or DC.  They’re never even in Montgomery County much less Potomac.

• Love 9

Ashley’s place looks like it used to be Michaels bachelor pad.  I thought I saw stairs or something in one of the scenes but I’m not sure.

Monique has been married to Chris for like 8 years I think so she would prob get more than child support but who knows what the prenup is.

Charisse is garbage imo.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 6

If your husband (or your mother) can put you out/cut you off, YOU don't have money.  Your husband (or mom) has money.  You just have temporary access to it.

Ashley found this out the hard way when Michael was able to toss her out with just the clothes on her back and keys to the Porsche, sold the house her mom lived in and fired her from the restaurant.  Ashley doesn't have any money, Michael does.  All she has is temporary access to it.  She started dancing to Michael's tune after that, too.

All the rest of the ladies found this out the hard way too when they got divorced (or their husbands lost their money) and their lifestyles took a hit.

Monique has no money, Chris has money.  And as long as Monique is dependent on Chris's money to live her fabulous lifestyle, she's going to have to dance to Chris' tune just like Ashley is dancing to Michael's tune.

I do suspect this is part of the root of Ray & Karen's issues.  Karen was living a nice lifestyle due to Ray's money.  Because Ray had the money, Karen had to dance to his tune.  Once Ray lost his money and Karen was forced to get her own, the dynamics of the relationship changed.  If Ray still had all the money and said they were moving to Florida, Karen would be in Florida.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I think it’s different tho for a husband and wife sharing money compared to a mother daughter. Just my opinion.

And how does Gizelle have money? From her divorce or family money? I know ppl say she comes from money but I’ve googled it and can’t find anything.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 2

I am so happy this show is back! The best rendition yet. Even Candiace didn't bother me and I remember being highly annoyed in seasons past. I am sure she will remind me. I think I like the new woman too. I can't help but feel a bit sad for Karen and Ray. We have seen many marriages deteriorate throughout this franchise.Still, heartbreaking stuff to watch. Especially since I can't help but love Karen. 

Loved the clips of the ladies snarking on Jamal and Gizelle. I think I laughed too loud at Monique's quip about tithing. 

Ashley. It was hard for me to watch cuz I felt just like her when mine was a wee one down to the crunchy lifestyle, agoraphobia and the baby blues. Minus the creepy, cheating husband. Hope she gets support from Monique. I like seeing that friendship blossom.

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Love 5

Based on the way the Gizelle's kids responded to their dad tells me this rekindled romance is a story line they don't wish to be a part of.

If not, so much for this strong woman bullshit Gizelle is peddling.  

Gizelle has tacky AF taste.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 10

Monique and Chris seem very happy. He is a real family man. He took her side against his mother. I think their marriage is fine. He also seems very generous wanting Monique to be happy. I think they will be together for the long run.

Gizelle is stupid if she goes back to her ex. Listen to your daughters.

I never liked Charrise. Plead don't come back.

Karen is still as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

Candice is a wanna be rich lady who has to put down others because she doesn't have 2 cents to rub together.

I like Ashley. I just wish she had been a smarter woman and not married Michael. She's stuck now.

Robin will be happy for a little while and the know heartache again. She has so much fear of being alone she will settle for Juan.

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

Monique and Chris seem very happy. He is a real family man. He took her side against his mother. I think their marriage is fine. He also seems very generous wanting Monique to be happy. I think they will be together for the long run.

Gizelle is stupid if she goes back to her ex. Listen to your daughters.

I never liked Charrise. Plead don't come back.

Karen is still as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

Candice is a wanna be rich lady who has to put down others because she doesn't have 2 cents to rub together.

I like Ashley. I just wish she had been a smarter woman and not married Michael. She's stuck now.

Robin will be happy for a little while and the know heartache again. She has so much fear of being alone she will settle for Juan.

I think Monique and Chris have a good relationship but is might be proven wrong this season. I think she is the most financially secure in her money.

Karen does not like the old man pulling down the hot and fun image she is trying to sell

Totally right about Candace's insecurity

Ashley will probably get a good payout when they divorce. This is most likely better money than she could have earned on her own.

Robin is just sad and Juan is going through the motions for the show.

Gizelle has nothing going on so her and the ex is pretending they are back together so she can keep her coin. He already has enough baby mama's to support.

15 hours ago, drivethroo said:

If your husband (or your mother) can put you out/cut you off, YOU don't have money.  Your husband (or mom) has money.  You just have temporary access to it.

Ashley found this out the hard way when Michael was able to toss her out with just the clothes on her back and keys to the Porsche, sold the house her mom lived in and fired her from the restaurant.  Ashley doesn't have any money, Michael does.  All she has is temporary access to it.  She started dancing to Michael's tune after that, too.

All the rest of the ladies found this out the hard way too when they got divorced (or their husbands lost their money) and their lifestyles took a hit.

Monique has no money, Chris has money.  And as long as Monique is dependent on Chris's money to live her fabulous lifestyle, she's going to have to dance to Chris' tune just like Ashley is dancing to Michael's tune.

I do suspect this is part of the root of Ray & Karen's issues.  Karen was living a nice lifestyle due to Ray's money.  Because Ray had the money, Karen had to dance to his tune.  Once Ray lost his money and Karen was forced to get her own, the dynamics of the relationship changed.  If Ray still had all the money and said they were moving to Florida, Karen would be in Florida.

I agree with you about trophy wives. Those men don't care and the money is gone as soon as you start losing your looks. However, if you marry a man who genuinely cares about you, who also happens to have money, then you are pretty safe. That man will make you a priority.

Karen probably did marry Ray for his money and now he is just an old man sleeping on one of her rented couches.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Marley said:

I think it’s different tho for a husband and wife sharing money compared to a mother daughter. Just my opinion.

We can't say that Ashley is broke because it's Michael's money but Monique is rich because it's Chris' money.  Candiace would actually be in the better position than Ashley or Monique because Candiace will always be Dorothy's daughter and unless Dorothy explicitly disinherits her, she would get something from Dorothy's estate.

Candiace better get something of her own, though because if Dorothy dies before her husband, Candiace will be living in her stepdaddy's house.

And how does Gizelle have money? From her divorce or family money? I know ppl say she comes from money but I’ve googled it and can’t find anything.

I want to say Gizelle's daddy was some kind of lawyer or politician and had some type of position in the NAACP.  The university she went to is kind of expensive and I haven't heard her say a word about student loans so her family may be well off.  She probably also got money in the divorce as well as child support that will run out in 5 years (since the twins are 13). Does that factor in getting back with Jamal? Don't know!

Ashley wanted to be stuck.  Can't feel too sorry for her.

Karen probably did marry Ray for his money and now he is just an old man sleeping on one of her rented couches.

Karen probably did marry Ray for his money, but on the flip side, Ray got to have a young wife to parade around.  Ray could've found a woman his own age to marry but he wanted a young wife on his arm.  Well, if you're a guy in your 50s and you want a young wife to be on your arms, you gon' have to pay.  On the flip side of that, Karen got her material comforts paid for, her children in the best schools and social circles and a house in a great location, taken care of by a guy who was more financially stable and able than someone her own age.  Now Karen has to pay because he's old and slowing down and in another 5-10 years she's going to end up being his caretaker.  She knows the signs of slowdown since her parents were the same age as Ray.

This applies to Ashley too, unless Crocodile Rock kicks her to the curb first.

Ashley will probably get a good payout when they divorce. This is most likely better money than she could have earned on her own.

Ashley will get child support, the keys to the Porsche and that's it.  Michael has already tossed her out once with just the clothes on her back until she decided to act right.  She did all that bragging about her pre-nup/post-up/lack of pre-nup only to find herself out on the streets.  That's why Ashley is going to defend Michael until her last breath.  She wants a roof over her head.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

They usually show a shot of a high rise condo/apt building so I assume it’s located in that building. If it’s in Arlington, Va I’m sure it’s very expensive—yet nothing about it looks home-y or inviting to me. Looks “cold” or something? Heck I prefer Robin and Juan’s townhome over Ashley and Michaels place (although I don’t envy all the driving Robyn has to do from Baltimore to get to the DC area for filming events. 

Robyn and Juan live right near BW parkway so it is easy to get to the DC area and their town home is not all that inexpensive and I get the feeling that they are renting since they had to move from one nearby to the one they are in now.  When Robyn and Juan were talking in the kitchen she said she thinks they are outgrowing that house, I hope they do not buy a McMansion again.   

Ashley and Michael's condo does look cold,cluttered and cramped and what is with the sponge painting in the foyer, that is a very dated look and why are there always piles of boxes and other merchandise piled in their living room? 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

We can't say that Ashley is broke because it's Michael's money but Monique is rich because it's Chris' money.  Candiace would actually be in the better position than Ashley or Monique because Candiace will always be Dorothy's daughter and unless Dorothy explicitly disinherits her, she would get something from Dorothy's estate.

Candiace better get something of her own, though because if Dorothy dies before her husband, Candiace will be living in her stepdaddy's house.

I want to say Gizelle's daddy was some kind of lawyer or politician and had some type of position in the NAACP.  The university she went to is kind of expensive and I haven't heard her say a word about student loans so her family may be well off.  She probably also got money in the divorce as well as child support that will run out in 5 years (since the twins are 13). Does that factor in getting back with Jamal? Don't know!

Ashley wanted to be stuck.  Can't feel too sorry for her.

Karen probably did marry Ray for his money, but on the flip side, Ray got to have a young wife to parade around.  Ray could've found a woman his own age to marry but he wanted a young wife on his arm.  Well, if you're a guy in your 50s and you want a young wife to be on your arms, you gon' have to pay.  On the flip side of that, Karen got her material comforts paid for, her children in the best schools and social circles and a house in a great location, taken care of by a guy who was more financially stable and able than someone her own age.  Now Karen has to pay because he's old and slowing down and in another 5-10 years she's going to end up being his caretaker.  She knows the signs of slowdown since her parents were the same age as Ray.

This applies to Ashley too, unless Crocodile Rock kicks her to the curb first.

Ashley will get child support, the keys to the Porsche and that's it.  Michael has already tossed her out once with just the clothes on her back until she decided to act right.  She did all that bragging about her pre-nup/post-up/lack of pre-nup only to find herself out on the streets.  That's why Ashley is going to defend Michael until her last breath.  She wants a roof over her head.

Exactly right about Karen. Ray did not marry her because she was a rocket scientist and Karen was stunning when she was younger.

Ashley is going to hang on to Michael no matter how many guy's butts he grabs. She will probably be happier with just the money and relieved that Kangaroo Jack out of her bed.

I never understood why Gizelle married Jamal. I guess it was the combination of being the flashy rich preacher's wife and the first lady of a large congregation that drew her in.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I think if a woman doesn't have her own money before she gets married, she could easily be screwed.  I don't care how nice a husband seems.  Divorce can bring out the worst in many "loving couples."

Gizelle married Jamal because she wanted to be the First Lady, and he married her because he wanted a beautiful wife.  They both got what they wanted, but that's all they got.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 8

I guess it depends on how you view marriage. If you respect your spouse, value their opinions, and view them as a partner, then there's no such thing as "my money." You're either a unit or you're not. If you have an arrangement, then that's another thing entirely. However, I will forever agree that a woman should have her own before entering any union. Not only because it's nice to have your own shit, but just in case things don't work out and your spouse tries to flip the script on you.  We all remember when Kobe and Vanessa were going to divorce, and because there was no prenup, she was entitled to a hefty payout. Drake infamously said, "she wasn't with you shootin' in the gym." Nevermind that Vanessa is the mother of his children and created a home for them. Things can get nasty once pettiness steps in.

To bring this back to the show, I think Monique and Chris have a solid marriage. I don't know what's going to happen later on in the season, but he respects her and clearly doesn't see her as just a trophy wife. I think she'll be OK whatever happens. 

Did Monique's business ever take off? Not for Lazy Moms? I didn't care for the name, but I hope something happened with it. 

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 11:34 PM, drivethroo said:

This may not be entirely true. Wasn't Monique running a property management business with her brother taking care of the rental homes she and Chris own? She could be collecting a paycheck through that business. Even if she's not, there is no reason that business couldn't be expanded to manage other properties.

Monique is probably managing Chris' properties only.  If the marriage goes kaput, so does her property management job unless she branches out to manage other properties (which in MD & VA you probably need a real estate license for).  Maybe Michael can give her a job.

On 8/4/2020 at 5:16 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

have we been watching the same show? Ray has never been portrayed or even shown has having the upper hand ... Karen from jump has dominated in their relationship in that regard that's why I am saying now that he is pulling back and prob pushing back on her spending she is trying to set the scene of her being the one that's gonna be wronged after working so hard at saving the marriage

I agree she is one of the few women throughout all of these franchises that doesn’t act like an utter classless fool when it comes to  the room situation when they do trips. As she herself said “what does it matter where I sleep for a few days, I live in luxury.”

• Love 2
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Monique is probably managing Chris' properties only.  If the marriage goes kaput, so does her property management job unless she branches out to manage other properties (which in MD & VA you probably need a real estate license for).

Funny you say that...years ago I worked with a woman whose husband ran a very successful ad agency, the money was crazy and it was the 80's and they were living large, they bought a fixer upper in Jamaica, redid it from top to bottom, hired staff, guard dogs, the best of everything, they would vacation there and also rent it out for big bucks, it was going like gangbusters for a few years until she found out he was doing his secretary.  She was out of a job for which she was never paid, a beautiful home and a marriage but she still had brains so she became an agent for high end rentals in Jamaica and other luxury destinations and flourished financially, something that would have never happened if she stayed married to that man.  I would expect the same from Monique, she has connections and smarts, she would land on her feet. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 8/4/2020 at 4:28 PM, bichonblitz said:

True. They're all broke except Monique and maybe Ashley and we all know that's the Aussie's money. Ashley doesn't have shit and the Aussie made it pretty clear that if she left him she would be leaving not having shit. Hence, the baby being born. Guaranteed child support at least. I can't figure out where they live. Is it a condo, townhome, house, what? Doesn't look like anything much but for all we know it's a million dollar penthouse in the sky. For some reason we never really see the place, only small shots of the living room which looks like one of the first apartments I ever rented.  

Anyway, Robyn and Juan lost everything they had, they are still working their way out of the mess. Giselle has been struggling since her divorce even though she bought that run down house and fixed it up so good for her on that but she still is not wealthy by any means. Is she driving an old mini cooper?  We all know Karen is a poser with a husband that can't control his finances and again classless Candiass and Chris have nothing unless momma pays.  So I'm not seeing how Monique can be jealous of anything. She's beautiful, she married a man who loves her, he had a great career and obviously he invested well. So what if she wasn't born to the manor and is a little insecure because of it. Who cares. These other women have nothing on her and as far as I can tell she is the only one with a good marriage. 

AMEN

• Love 2
On 8/4/2020 at 7:38 PM, drivethroo said:

Monique is broke too.  What football did she run down the field? If Big Chris dumps her due to the word on the streets, all she will get out of him will be child support and she'll be in the same position as Charrisse as soon as the little baby turns 18.

They live in a condo in Arlington VA where the tiny bungalow tear down houses will be at least $400K.  Arlington is not cheap.  The closer to DC, the more money the houses/townhouses/condos will cost.   Michael probably developed the condo community where they live

That's why I'm like "Gurl bye" to Candiace laughing at Gizelle's $900K Bethesda tear down cabin.  When Gizelle sells her tear down cabin she will make a nice profit because of the location.  When Dorothy sells the National Harbor townhouse, the equity will go into Dorothy's pockets, not Candiace's.

Allegedly it's Jamal's Mini Cooper.

Stay tuned.

Charrisse is very connected because she was the head of the NBA Wives and very much on the DC area charity scene so she knows everyone.  Her kid went to school with Obama's kids. Obviously she would know Robyn as a fellow NBA wife and Robyn, Gizelle & Karen through the Jack & Jill scene.  Her connections are why Monique was kissing her ass in Season 3 and why that's going to come back to bite Monique in the ass this season.

I never saw Monique kiss Charrisse’s ass.  Charrisse rode her husband’s coattails just as you accuse the others of doing.  Ugh, I cannot stand her.

• Love 2
On 8/29/2020 at 8:14 PM, ButterQueen said:

I never saw Monique kiss Charrisse’s ass.  Charrisse rode her husband’s coattails just as you accuse the others of doing.  Ugh, I cannot stand her.

Chris seems to respect Monique for the most part.

You are right about Charisse. I am sure her social status has gone down tremendously now that she is no longer the coach’s wife.

• Love 1
On 8/5/2020 at 3:48 PM, drivethroo said:

I think Karen is now about the age Ray was when they got married. This is how it works when a woman 20 years or so younger marries a man who is already in his mid to late 50s. (I've seen this with my best friend.) Twenty years later you are that age, which you might have thought was a bit "old" when in your late 30s, but now you're with an OLD husband and realize that you're not feeling old yet but you're marching toward it. You want to make the most of the youth and energy you have left. What you hope is that he stays healthy and active and there's plenty of money. (Unfortunately, my friend married a BROKE man in his late 50s.) 

I've got friends in their 70s and they have much different needs and interests than I do in my 50s. Mostly they want to enjoy their retirement, their family and friends, keep up some activities, and get plenty of rest. Karen's enjoying her own money and Bravolebrity status and disappointed that Ray isn't up for playing with her.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3
On 8/3/2020 at 9:44 AM, sATL said:

Or it could be Karen's age is now a problem for Ray.

I've seen what Karen is describing in coworkers. When some get to a certain age (or point in their career), they lose ambition. They just want to be.. Not saying they are ready for a rocker, awaiting for God to call them home, but just don't want to run the same fast-track race they did - for some as far back as when they were teens.

Ray just wants to do what he wants, when he wants, which could be nothing.  Karen has found her 2nd-3rd wind and wants ( and possibly need) to keep going, pressing and making waves and news.

Also - I don't know what was the final outcome of the tax mess his company was in. Ray could be just want to lay low, as he could have been asked to retire, couldn't pass his title down to his son, and/ or not be as visible as he once was. That can cause one to go into a minor depression.

Yes, they're at two different points in life which often happens when there's a big age difference. I doubt Ray's career ended as he wanted it to. Seems like he started his own business and was a success and then had to retire, perhaps suddenly, with a publicly visible mess over his corporate (and personal?) taxes. Maybe he was blamed for a tax mess which may have been more an accountant's fault but he was CEO so had to go. Who knows? I can imagine he'd be depressed and feel like he now has no purpose except to be Karen Huger's husband on a reality TV show. Maybe he can get into charity work or mentoring, or maybe he just wants to play golf. 

• Love 2