Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Old Testaments, New Revelations

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Confession. I dislike Ashley more than all of you disliking Candace.  There.  I said it.

Not that I like Candace.  But Ashley is much higher on my side eye scale.

And I don't want to spend an entire season watching her lie about her husband's roving hand problem and pretend it never happened and act like Candace made it all up.

The first time T'Challa poops on the shoulder of an expensive blouse, potty trained or not?  Will not be the first.  She's also appears to be creating a situation where the bird is only bonding with her--thats not good. 

This is the one housewife show where I don't have a favorite housewife.  It should be Candace, based on all the grief she's given Ashley, who in turn, used to cause the most grief.  But its Candace so..... 

I wonder if the potty training of T'Challa prompted the potty training of Chase at 4.5 months... and then you bring the training potty to a friends home...

Is that how training is done now - carry the thing around with you? The one my offspring had ages ago was barely fine/leak-proof for the bathroom...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I really don't enjoy watching potty training.

T'Challa or Chase ? I didn't know a bird could be trained - ie "hold it all night"

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Birds can be very smart--depending on which ones.  I think African Greys are considered some of the smartest ones.  They are really HIGH maintenance and need lots of attention to thrive in an unnatural environment. 

We had birds.  When Stupendous Man died, I turned them over to a bird sanctuary after a month.  Peanut loved me.  Kimo despised me for 20 years and that didn't change once Jim died.  

Having had birds as "pets" made me come to the conclusion that they shouldn't be domesticated.  For me, it's the home version of Sea World.  There's not enough space for them to fly as they should.

I'm of the old school cloth diaper babies and was potty trained by a year because according to Mom, I did not like a wet diaper for even a hot second.  Mom blames ultra absorbent new fangled diapers for late potty training because kids are never uncomfortable. 

I've never had kids so I don't know.  I did find it weird to be taking a potty chair out of the house.  And then using the potty chair in the living room and not including using the BATHROOM in the training.  I know.  It's a baby.

But I've only potty trained dogs, not kids, so I have no facts.  Just opinions!

• Love 9

Monique looks beautiful to me this season. She’s always been my least favorite on this franchise though lol. I like Candace. Gizelle was so mean to Candace at both the things Candace invited her too smh. I don’t like Ashley and Monique being mean girls when it comes to Candace. It actually makes me dislike Ashley and she used to be my favorite. Gizelle has gorgeous daughters,the oldest sister is going to be a heartbreaker for sure. Gizelle is going back to Jamal because he’s rich and Sherman doesn’t seem to be in the picture. Monique seems jealous of Candace to me. She shouldn’t be talking and making jokes about Candace to Ashley. Robyn should leave Juan. She can do so much better. Monique wants to fit in with Gizelle,Ashley,and Robyn so bad and I don’t get why. Sad 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, ErikaOnline said:

Monique looks beautiful to me this season. She’s always been my least favorite on this franchise though lol. I like Candace. Gizelle was so mean to Candace at both the things Candace invited her too smh. I don’t like Ashley and Monique being mean girls when it comes to Candace. It actually makes me dislike Ashley and she used to be my favorite. Gizelle has gorgeous daughters,the oldest sister is going to be a heartbreaker for sure. Gizelle is going back to Jamal because he’s rich and Sherman doesn’t seem to be in the picture. Monique seems jealous of Candace to me. She shouldn’t be talking and making jokes about Candace to Ashley. Robyn should leave Juan. She can do so much better. Monique wants to fit in with Gizelle,Ashley,and Robyn so bad and I don’t get why. Sad 

I don't like Monique either. I've tried, but she's just annoying to me for some reason. 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, ErikaOnline said:

Monique wants to fit in with Gizelle, Ashley and Robyn so bad and I don’t get why. Sad 

What show have you been watching? For the past five years, Monique has been dancing to the beat of her own drum and could not care less if she's liked or not.

The bird is a bit much....suppose he nips at the kids or Chris?  I'm sure the next scene would be of Chris extracting a bone from his mouth and adding it to the bird carcass on the plate, lol.

If it ain't about the money then Rev. Jamal must have a golden tongue and the magic stick.  Otherwise, Gizzard should be more sympathetic to her girls regarding their relationship.  And Grace is going to have the boys lined around the block, she's beautiful.

How come Gizzard and Beaky Buzzard can be tag team mean girls but when it is done to them it becomes offensive?  FOH with that.  And Beaky is still the same moron where Juan is concerned....a few seconds of sweet talk and you forget about what you were saying regarding marriage?  Oy.

I wish Karen would stop with the blond wigs, she's pretty but needs a proper brown wig.

GAH!! I don't need to see Charrisse's muppet ass on my screen this season.

Chase and Dean are too cute!

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

My Uverse TV guide has this listed at Reunion Part 3 and it didn't record.  Who is T'Challa?  Did someone name their child T'Challa?  

Monique's African Grey pet bird that she carried around .... a little more than her infant son Chase..

I'm glad Karen called her out on that move... Monique came to Karen's house with the bird (I think without prior notice/permission - that the bird was her +1 ) and left her son at home.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, sATL said:

Or it could be Karen's age is now a problem for Ray.

I've seen what Karen is describing in coworkers. When some get to a certain age (or point in their career), they lose ambition. They just want to be.. Not saying they are ready for a rocker, awaiting for God to call them home, but just don't want to run the same fast-track race they did - for some as far back as when they were teens.

Ray just wants to do what he wants, when he wants, which could be nothing.  Karen has found her 2nd-3rd wind and wants ( and possibly need) to keep going, pressing and making waves and news.

Also - I don't know what was the final outcome of the tax mess his company was in. Ray could be just want to lay low, as he could have been asked to retire, couldn't pass his title down to his son, and/ or not be as visible as he once was. That can cause one to go into a minor depression.

I kinda call shenanigans on some of this ... this wasn't a problem at all before ... they were GOOD they were SOLID her man was enough for her and he was satisfied ...LOL I am betting and its really reading like  she is still wanting to live beyond her means ... I mean wasn't the whole point of them selling their old house to downsize? we don't need that much space its just us two .. and every house they have gotten has been just as large.... He doesn't wanna be financially  responsible for the lifestyle she is wanting to project (the grand dame) and is prob makin that known and she is now getting pissed... I bet she had no problem spending his money before you know that money that he got in the hole for those millions of dollars and she had her "separate finances" she was the "trophy wife" to an extent  that got to spend his money (he was the black bill gates) and now the cash flow seems to be drying up ( it might be due to him retiring or just not wanting to support her frivolous spending anymore) and she now HAS to work funny how she didnt wanna do any kinda work till he got financially strapped and all the sudden her old lady perfume was a MUST for her  .... So she is laying the groundwork for her exit ..... its shady as fuck....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Gizelle is a light-skinned, green-eyed, blond weaved, bougie ex-trophy wife – an embodiment of Jane Toussaint. We know what doors those attributes will open. We know why. And so does Gizelle.

She’s had a target on Monique since Monique flipped the script on her ass (in Gizelle’s failed attempt at immature hazing) the first day they met.

Gizelle is a hypocrite and a bully. She STAYS going after other black women. She’s got a lot of gall grandstanding about representation of black folk. Jealousy is poison to the soul.

• Love 5

Someone needs to sit Candace or however she spells her name, down and tell her that she's privileged, Ashley is not.  Stop talking trash about her, especially since her husband is no prize.  BTW, a cash bar is tacky.

I don't think I'll like Wendy.  I wonder if she'll be one of those foreign black people who talk smack about black Americans and don't realize the shit black Americans went through in the USA. 

I have no idea what Gizelle is doing with her ex.  I love Gizelle's daughters though, they know what time it is. 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

The bird is a bit much....suppose he nips at the kids or Chris?  I'm sure the next scene would be of Chris extracting a bone from his mouth and adding it to the bird carcass on the plate, lol.

Apparently, on her Twitter feed, Chris refused to get a dog (no reasons given), but consented to a bird.

Which?  I don't understand. 

Birds are messy.  Seeds get flung around the room.  Bird poop is MESSY.  They have a dander dust that comes off the feathers.  They smell just as much as cats and dogs.  They scream very loudly.  And often.  They require LOTS of attention. They often bond to one human and become territorial. 

They bite.  And can take a finger.

So I don't get why Chris would say yes to a bird.  At.  All.  With 3 toddlers in the house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

He should have consented to a cat, hell maybe parakeets instead of that scary looking bird.

We had parakeets when we were young....Wini (named after an aunt) and Butch, who I called Butch Bird.  And lawd, did they stink and were loud.  Hmm, I believe Butch flew out the window one day.

Childhood digressing, carry on!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, StillHere said:

Gizelle is a light-skinned, green-eyed, blond weaved, bougie ex-trophy wife – an embodiment of Jane Toussaint. We know what doors those attributes will open. We know why. And so does Gizelle.

Sounds like generalization to me.

1 hour ago, StillHere said:

Gizelle is a hypocrite and a bully. She STAYS going after other black women. She’s got a lot of gall grandstanding about representation of black folk. Jealousy is poison to the soul.

So Gizelle can't go after another black woman but all the others can?  Good to know.

I wonder what Charrisse said about Monique.  Monique didn't say anything so it's probably  nothing.  

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Sounds like generalization to me.

So Gizelle can't go after another black woman but all the others can?  Good to know.

Who said Gizelle can't go after another black woman but others can?  It's GIZELLE that's preaching about race and representation, and respectability politikin' on the show.

I said what I said. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Marley said:

For some reason I thought Juan proposed in last seasons finale. It was so long ago. Maybe he agreed to just talk about. Sometimes I think I’m losing my mind lol. Anywho glad Juan is still around because I find him very attractive lol.

Yep for my own selfish reasons, I am glad he’s still around. He’s very enjoyable on my eyeballs. Even the new beard was working for me. 

Juan and Robyn were engaged around Christmas last year. I really hope he’s matured enough and learned his lesson and stays monogamous this time around. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, StillHere said:

It's GIZELLE that's preaching about race and representation, and respectability politikin' on the show.

In the first scene of the episode, Gizelle and Karen were both saying it.  

They all go after each other.  I think the issue was that a physical confrontation is different.

• Love 2

The hell is Candiace wearing at the anniversary party?  Her outfit is almost worse than cash bar at the party.  Have a party at your own house if you can't afford to do what you want to do somewhere else.

• Love 11

Whatever Candiace’s husband Chris was wearing was embarrassing lol. It seemed very 90s.

I thought Robyn was pregnant too. I don’t remember where I got that from.

I don’t think Monique is a mean girl at all. She was nothing but nice to Candiace and that little princess bitch went after her. Candiace always goes so low. Plus Monique jealous of Candiace? What would she be jealous of? Candiace lives in her moms house with her weird broke ass husband who has like 3 baby mamas and can’t even take care of his kids. 

Even in the Candiace Gizelle fight I’m on Gizelles side. Candiace looking at that 2 million house last year was laughable lol. Who is she trying to fool?

I didn’t like Moniques bird tho. Birds freak me out and they just seem like pecky jerks so she wouldn’t be allowed that bird in my house lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 15
41 minutes ago, Marley said:

I thought Robyn was pregnant too. I don’t remember where I got that from.

I was just thinking the same thing.. wondering if Robyn/Gizelle would try to pop out another one (by any natural or medical means necessary) or adopt, just to say that they are with these men for the "sake of the children"...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, sATL said:

I was just thinking the same thing.. wondering if Robyn/Gizelle would try to pop out another one (by any natural or medical means necessary) or adopt, just to say that they are with these men for the "sake of the children"...

I can see them both poking holes in a condom or diaphragm.  

Didn’t Jamal have a baby or a few with his mistress(es)???

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Its a cash bar! lol

Omg, this is beyond tacky.  If you can’t fully host, either cut your guest list or don’t throw the party.  Never expect guests to open their wallet at your event.  Candyass is so trashy.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I can see them both poking holes in a condom or diaphragm.  

Didn’t Jamal have a baby or a few with his mistress(es)???

Apparently he was accused of fathering a baby with someone from his church I think recently while dating Gizelle. He has denied it tho and she must believe him cause I think they are still together. He just seems like a total sleaze.

Edited by Marley
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Apparently he was accused of fathering a baby with someone on his church I think recently while dating Gizelle. He has denied it tho and she must believe him cause I think they are still together. He just seems like a total sleaze.

Yeah, but that car was adorable....

• LOL 7

I don't know if Monique was being shady or not but I would never call Karen's house 'cute'. It's probably way more space than they'll ever use. Then again Monique was the one who said something to the effect of "This 20,000 sq ft 9 bedroom 17 bathroom house aint cutting it" Im exaggerating on the bathrooms but you get the point. 

• Love 5

I like Monique, but I would freak if she brought that bird to my house. Even in a cage. And no way i'd go to her house with a bird in it.  Just Nope! 

Candy Ass's party was so tacky. Glad someone commented on her ugly outfit.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ErikaOnline said:

Monique seems jealous of Candace to me.

I was going to respond to this but the comment below sums up everything I was going to say.

5 hours ago, Marley said:

Plus Monique jealous of Candiace? What would she be jealous of? Candiace lives in her moms house with her weird broke ass husband who has like 3 baby mamas and can’t even take care of his kids. 

I also didn't see this mean girls behavior towards Candace during Monique and Ashley's conversation. Monique asked if any of the women reached out after Ashley gave birth, she mentioned a few did and added that of course Candace didn't but that didn't surprise her. Monique mentioned the invite to Candace's anniversary party,

Ashley joked about not being surprised she didn't get an invite and then Monique talked about her and Candace meeting and talking about their issues and added that she still thinks if Candace and Ashley could do the same, they could get past their issues. What was the mean girl behavior? 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

its really reading like  she is still wanting to live beyond her means ... I mean wasn't the whole point of them selling their old house to downsize? we don't need that much space its just us two .. and every house they have gotten has been just as large.... He doesn't wanna be financially  responsible for the lifestyle she is wanting to project (the grand dame) and is prob makin that known and she is now getting pissed.

Not quite...I think their problems come down to finances, age and shifting power dynamics, not because Karen wants to live beyond her means.

Their economic woes aren't because Karen was living it up beyond their means.  Their economic woes were because Ray didn't handle his business and pay their taxes.  And because Karen was on the show, their financial woes got blasted in the Washington Post.

They didn't have to sell the 1st Potomac house because Karen was living it up beyond their means.  They had to sell that house before the feds snatched it for back taxes.

Karen was probably angry she had to downgrade the lifestyle she's lived for 20 years because Ray didn't handle his business and Ray was probably angry that his business got blasted in the Washington Post because nobody would've cared about his tax woes if Karen hadn't been on the show.

Karen claimed she had to move to the Great Falls VA house because it was closer to her parents & she was downsizing.  But that didn't make sense because Great Falls VA and Potomac MD are both about 2.5 hours from Richmond VA depending on how shady 495/95 is.  I'm willing to bet Karen meant Great Falls VA was closer to Richmond VA than Florida was (where Ray was/wanted to be).

The Great Falls house, the blast of designer labels & the new car definitely was for show, to show viewers/castmates that she wasn't as broke as they claimed.  All of those things were probably paid from her BRAVO salary, too (not Ray's money).

It was all cool when Ray was in his 50s and Karen was in her 30s and they got married.  But now Ray is in his 70s and wants to sit in the La Z Boy and Karen is still lively in her 50s.  And it's only going to get worse as they both age, because Ray will be slowing down and Karen will still be ready to go.

Ray is probably used to having the upper hand in the relationship with Karen as he is older and had more money.  But with Karen earning her own money and growing more independent, it may permanently disrupt their relationship.

The same thing will happen with Ashley and Michael.

I wonder what Charrisse said about Monique.  Monique didn't say anything so it's probably  nothing.  

It will be explained next Sunday.  The games Monique played in Season 3 are being played on her now.

I don't know if Monique was being shady or not but I would never call Karen's house 'cute'. It's probably way more space than they'll ever use. Then again Monique was the one who said something to the effect of "This 20,000 sq ft 9 bedroom 17 bathroom house aint cutting it" Im exaggerating on the bathrooms but you get the point.

From Monique saying Karen's house was "cute," I'm willing to bet the 2nd Potomac house is much smaller than the 1st Potomac house.  Which is fine because Karen is probably renting that with her own money from her BRAVO salary, not with Ray's.

Monique seems jealous of Candace to me.

I don't think Monique is jealous of Candiace but I do think she is intimidated by all of the cast members except Ashley, because all of the cast members (past and present) either come from a socially privileged background or have lived a socially privileged life (regardless of how much money they currently have) and that's where Monique wants to be.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I don't think Monique is jealous of Candiace but I do think she is intimidated by all of the cast members except Ashley, because all of the cast members (past and present) either come from a socially privileged background or have lived a socially privileged life (regardless of how much money they currently have) and that's where Monique wants to be.

I don't get that vibe at all, she seems so secure in her marriage, she has several homes, beautiful children and her figure bounces back after each baby, having money now or growing up with money makes no difference if you are secure in who you are...just look at Katie, she grew up with money and beauty and has made bad life choices and is a head case.  I think Monique is just fine where she is.

• Love 21
6 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Ray is probably used to having the upper hand in the relationship with Karen as he is older and had more money.  But with Karen earning her own money and growing more independent, it may permanently disrupt their relationship.

have we been watching the same show? Ray has never been portrayed or even shown has having the upper hand ... Karen from jump has dominated in their relationship in that regard that's why I am saying now that he is pulling back and prob pushing back on her spending she is trying to set the scene of her being the one that's gonna be wronged after working so hard at saving the marriage

• Love 3
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Karen was probably angry she had to downgrade the lifestyle she's lived for 20 years because Ray didn't handle his business and Ray was probably angry that his business got blasted in the Washington Post because nobody would've cared about his tax woes if Karen hadn't been on the show.

It will be explained next Sunday.  The games Monique played in Season 3 are being played on her now.

How much money DID Ray have and how much does he have now?  Do we know how much he owed in taxes?  I know he made a lot at one point.

What happened in Season 3, I can't remember that far back 😄

I don't think ANYONE is jealous of Candiace... cast or viewers.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I already know.  Episode 2 is up on the Bravo website, I watched it yesterday.

I don't think Monique is jealous of Candiace because of privilege but I think Candiace uses her privilege to beat up on others.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

Woah, this show is back? Shows how little attention I've paid to Bravo in the past 5 months. Well, I live in DC and this is the only HW show I can tolerate, mostly because I like seeing/spotting local sites.

And I'm taking bets on when Robyn and Juan will have their Bravo-sponsored second wedding.

Gizelle going back to her cheating husband was my biggest surprise when I read about it months ago. While it bugs me that the season filmed a year ago and we're just now seeing it, it's kinda nice to see and remember life before COVID.

Edited by RedHawk
Spelling Gizelle with a Z
  • Love 5

I will say I watched the second episode and (without giving anything away) I felt Juan came off genuine in regards to Robyn, but then again, I'm a fan of Gizelle and Robyn (runs and hides). 

Edited by Legalbeagle421
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I will say I watched the second episode and (without giving anything away) I felt Juan came off genuine in regards to Robyn, but then again, I'm a fan of Gizelle and Robyn (runs and hides). 

No need to run and hide, we're all entitled to our opinions.  I like Gizelle, Robyn, Karen and I'm really liking Monique and Ashley this season.  Candiace can go away.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Ray has never been portrayed or even shown has having the upper hand ... Karen from jump has dominated in their relationship in that regard that's why I am saying now that he is pulling back and prob pushing back on her spending she is trying to set the scene of her being the one that's gonna be wronged after working so hard at saving the marriage

Of course Ray had the upper hand; he was the one with the money.  If Karen always dominated him about money he wouldn't be "pushing back" about how much money she spends. There's no evidence Karen was ever out of control with Ray's money. Their predicament is because of Ray, not Karen.

I don't get that vibe at all, she seems so secure in her marriage, she has several homes, beautiful children and her figure bounces back after each baby, having money now or growing up with money makes no difference if you are secure in who you are...just look at Katie, she grew up with money and beauty and has made bad life choices and is a head case.  I think Monique is just fine where she is.

Monique isn't secure in her marriage and she's not secure in herself.  You could have a beautiful home and beautiful marriage one day and it's all gone the next.  She appears to be a social climbing try hard who wants to be accepted by these women but they don't see it for her.  If she was secure with herself she wouldn't have moved from Virginia to Potomac to try to get into the Potomac social scene.  Candiace may be loathsome and Katie may have her issues but both of them will be more accepted by that scene than Monique. If Monique truly did start the physical fight with Candiace, those women won't want to be associated with that, especially with Charrisse running her mouth about Monique behind the scenes.

I don't think Monique is jealous of Candiace because of privilege but I think Candiace uses her privilege to beat up on others

Candiace needs her world rocked but you can't rock her with words because she'll come back at you with more vicious words.  Fighting her physically only makes YOU look bad (because she's so small and petite).  The only way you can shut down a Candiace is to shut her out completely.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, drivethroo said:

Of course Ray had the upper hand; he was the one with the money. 

Umm to hear Karen tell it last season she has and HAD her own money ... but she has been caught in a lot of lies that bravo likes to point out which i LOOOVE like her "assistant" that was her "lawyer" that was her friend of 10 years then 15 years then they went back 25 years lol

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Candiace needs her world rocked but you can't rock her with words because she'll come back at you with more vicious words.  Fighting her physically only makes YOU look bad (because she's so small and petite).  The only way you can shut down a Candiace is to shut her out completely.

Candiace needs someone to tell her the truth about herself, no pretty words.  She needs to be told she's privileged, that she needs to get down on her knees every night and thank God that her mother got a good education and took such good care of her, that 90% of who you are has nothing to do with your efforts, that at least Ashley doesn't need to wear the hair of an Indian woman on her head to feel beautiful, and that her husband is no prize because and if Chris is the best Candiace can do it proves she's not as hot as she thinks she is.  

I wonder what is happening with all of the businesses of the Housewives.  Most of their businesses depend on people having disposable income.  Now with COVID and so many out of work, will people want to buy EverHue, or LaDamme? 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6

La'Dame perfume is being sold on HSN.

EveryHue Beauty seems to have gone defunct around April.  The website is no longer up, their social media hasn't updated since April and Target got rid of EveryHue earlier this year. 

I think La'Dame will be fine.  I think EveryHue is finished.  There was nothing really special about EveryHue and the people who would be EveryHue's market were probably buying Fenty, Maybelline FIT or NYX.

Some of these Housewife retail stores & restaurants will be finished, too.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

La'Dame perfume is being sold on HSN.

Good, I hope people are still buying.  These days most folks aren't buying a lot of makeup, clothes or perfume.  People are more concerned with buying essentials.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't think ANYONE is jealous of Candiace... cast or viewers.

lol, this. Girlfriend is spoiled, nasty and delusional. The shade against Gizelle's home was the best. Because Gizelle may live in a 900,000 barn but it's HER 900,000 barn, as opposed to Miss "Mommy was paying the mortgage for me and my broke ass husband".

3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think Monique is jealous of Candiace because of privilege but I think Candiace uses her privilege to beat up on others.  

This so much, particularly the bolded. The "hood behavior and I'm from country club upbringing" she threw at Monique at last season's reunion was a perfect example of that. And what has all that "privilege" really gotten Candiace? Correct me if I'm wrong, does she have an impressive degree from a highly respected institution? I am not aware of any impressive career, she is living in a home that until recently was paid for by her mother and her husband has multiple children, one of whom he was essentially a dead beat dad to. And he broke.

Candiace tries to throw around some wealth and privilege that she in fact does not have and it's really just laughable. They clearly could not afford the full cost of that place for their little 1 year anniversary party, dead beat hubby full on says they don't have her mother's purses to rely on anymore, making it clear they were living off her mother before. Like seriously?

Candiace is like many of the aristocrats in England. People who have titles because back in the day their great, great grandfather was a Lord or Baron or something but they are actually cash poor as fuck. And yet, they still turn their noses down at "commoners" with "new money". 

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Admittedly I missed all of Season 3 of this show (and was really hoping Bravo would air a marathon in preparation for the new season but instead they are obsessed with Below Deck or Million Dollar Listings) so I never saw when Candiace and Monique originally joined the cast. So maybe there were things about Monique back then that makes some view her differently. 

Because from what I observed last season, I agree with the above and just don't see this insecure, seeking validation from these other women person. I actually loved how she handled Candiace's pathetic "hood behavior and I'm from the country club" jab at the reunion. She laughed it off and said "yeah, I am from the hood and proudly so". And so it's like, "and...anything else".

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

This so much, particularly the bolded. The "hood behavior and I'm from country club upbringing" she threw at Monique at last season's reunion was a perfect example of that. And what has all that "privilege" really gotten Candiace? Correct me if I'm wrong, does she have an impressive degree from a highly respected institution? I am not aware of any impressive career, she is living in a home that until recently was paid for by her mother and her husband has multiple children, one of whom he was essentially a dead beat dad to. And he broke.

Candiace tries to throw around some wealth and privilege that she in fact does not have and it's really just laughable. They clearly could not afford the full cost of that place for their little 1 year anniversary party, dead beat hubby full on says they don't have her mother's purses to rely on anymore, making it clear they were living off her mother before. Like seriously?

Candiace's mother is the one with the career and the money.  Candiace on her own has zilch.  If she and Chris had any money they certainly wouldn't have done a party with a cash bar.  How very de classe.  

• Love 11

So Dean is two months old, and Ashley gave birth to him in early July 2019.  Glad we’re seeing events that unfolded eleven months ago.  Why do they always start filming this franchise as soon as the reunion is over and then hold onto the footage forever?  

This is my main criticism of all the HW shows. There is too long a gap between filming and the show airing. It would be much more interesting if the shows aired just a few months after filming. 

Wow, Robyn and Juan are still awkward as hell around each other, with him evading her about marriage.  Five seasons in and absolutely nothing has changed with these two. 

Juan still never said when they’re getting married. Robin will be happy with his response until more time goes by and it dawns on her that he’s still not making any moves. Wash, rinse, repeat. Why does she do this to herself?

Yep, I expect it will be a long engagement. Juan is just buying himself time. Puzzling that Robyn can’t see past his lukewarm response to her. 

I felt like Gizelle was waiting for that Wendy chick to say she got with Jamal lol.

Something was up, because Giselle’s “nice to meet you” to Wendy seemed chlly. 

The scene with Giselle and her daughters was sad. They clearly don't trust their father and/or are not excited about their parents reconciling.

Gizelle didn't seem to address how they are going to move forward as a couple when he is in ATL (ie man-to-women ratio probably in the double digits) and she is there...

Exactly! This is how you want to proceed with a known cheater, Giselle? Long distance? It will probably work out great for him but I doubt it will for you. 

I don't know what was up with Karen's Kris Jenner wig but she didn't need to be spilling her own tea about Ray at somebody else's anniversary party.  

Ah but this is the "grand dame" so it's all about her. She also looked like she'd had a few drinks. 

I remember NeNe going in on someone having a white fridge seasons ago. Never knew what the deal was about white appliances. 

Judging from all the house-hunting shows I watch, it’s more about what’s popular now. It tends to be stainless steel appliances, but recently I read white ones are coming back. Who knows? 

I still cannot stand Candace. A one year anniversary party? Pretentious, attention-seeking behavior. 

I hope the obsessive new mom thing isn't Ashley's whole storyline this season, because I found her more entertaining (as far as TV goes) when she was just a pot-stirrer. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Candiace's mother is the one with the career and the money.  Candiace on her own has zilch.  If she and Chris had any money they certainly wouldn't have done a party with a cash bar.  How very de classe.  

True. They're all broke except Monique and maybe Ashley and we all know that's the Aussie's money. Ashley doesn't have shit and the Aussie made it pretty clear that if she left him she would be leaving not having shit. Hence, the baby being born. Guaranteed child support at least. I can't figure out where they live. Is it a condo, townhome, house, what? Doesn't look like anything much but for all we know it's a million dollar penthouse in the sky. For some reason we never really see the place, only small shots of the living room which looks like one of the first apartments I ever rented.  

Anyway, Robyn and Juan lost everything they had, they are still working their way out of the mess. Giselle has been struggling since her divorce even though she bought that run down house and fixed it up so good for her on that but she still is not wealthy by any means. Is she driving an old mini cooper?  We all know Karen is a poser with a husband that can't control his finances and again classless Candiass and Chris have nothing unless momma pays.  So I'm not seeing how Monique can be jealous of anything. She's beautiful, she married a man who loves her, he had a great career and obviously he invested well. So what if she wasn't born to the manor and is a little insecure because of it. Who cares. These other women have nothing on her and as far as I can tell she is the only one with a good marriage. 

• Love 15

I don’t know if Monique is secure or not but Charisse is a thirsty bitch who wants to get back on the show I’m sure. Also is she even divorced yet? Why is she so respected in their scene? Seems like she just married into it and is hanging on with dear life while getting divorced from the guy. I googled it and yes it seems she’s divorced now. I’ve never like Charisse so I’m biased lol.

Im also mad I have to wait til Sunday to see episode 2 lol.

Candiace is being friends with Charisse on purpose to cause shit. Blech Candiace. I wonder if her mom has paid any of Chris’s outstanding child support bills yet? Lol she has no leg to stand on with her stupid insults.

• Love 7