Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Caught In The Crossfire

• Start Topic

(edited)
23 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Paul legitimately worries me in a way that the other big assholes do not. 

I totally agree.  It was not lost on me that karines mother hoped that if Paul got tired of her daughter he would just "send her back" with the implication that Paul was capable of seriously injuring or killing karine.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Karine is such a sourpuss on top of being a butterface.

Angela can't remember when she had her last period. She has said 1 year,  2 years & 3 years ago in this episode. 

Poor Angela's mom tho. Rest in peace, ya spawner of monsters. 

If I were married to Paul I'd be in a constant bad mood, too. I'm not a huge Karine fan, but for the sake of her son I wish she'd leave Paul and move back to Tonatin and let her family help with the baby.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

As crazy as it sounds, Paul is only slightly wrong in the pronunciation of his son's name.

In Brazilian Portuguese, "Pierre" is pronounced pee-AIR-eh. He's turning that "eh" into an "ee", but he's not off by much. 

To hear it, scroll down to the Brazilian example:

https://www.kidpaw.com/names/pierre/pronounce#portuguese-br

There are a lot of words brazilians pronounce with an "e" in the end, most famously Larissa saying "Colt-ee". However, Pierre is a french name, so why give it to your child just to pronounce it wrong? I mean, they could've also named their son Colt and pronounced in "Coltee" because that's how a Brazilian would pronounce it, but it would still sound as stupid as Pierr-ey.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, sonder said:

Not to be mean but is there something else besides immaturity going on with Asuelo? A brain development or intelligence issue? I don’t think it will change even with maturity. 

I honestly have wondered the same thing, several times. 

I don't agree with the whole "release Asuelu" sentiment. If he's dumb enough to think condoms are for slut people, he needs to man up and take care of his children. Being an idiot doesn't excuse you from that. I doubt having two kids with that loser is Kalani's dream come true either.

Somebody needs to tell Jess "I like to sex-ee" is not a personality.

Edited by Takitaki
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Takitaki said:

There are a lot of words brazilians pronounce with an "e" in the end, most famously Larissa saying "Colt-ee". However, Pierre is a french name, so why give it to your child just to pronounce it wrong? I mean, they could've also named their son Colt and pronounced in "Coltee" because that's how a Brazilian would pronounce it, but it would still sound as stupid as Pierr-ey.

I don't see it as the same thing. Larissa pronounces it as "Coltee" because she has trouble with some English pronunciations and therefore inadvertently adds that "ee" to the end. She does it with several other words, but she's not always consistent. It's not like if you traveled to Brazil everyone would accept "Coltee" as a standard pronunciation of Colt, it's a Larissa thing. 

pee-AIR-eh, on the other hand, IS an acceptable pronunciation of Pierre there. It's not a Karine and Paul thing, it's a cultural thing. They are not mispronouncing it (well, Paul sort of is), they're pronouncing it in a way that is common and acceptable for her region.

Sure it was originally a French name, but language in general is fluid-especially where names are concerned. Language is forever in a transitional phase, especially when the words go international. 

Pierre, South Dakota is regionally pronounced as "peer." Versailles, Kentucky is regionally pronounced as "vur-SALES." Athens, Kentucky is regionally pronounced as "A-thins". Aluminum in the UK is pronounced as "owl-u-MIN-ee-um." Worcester, MA=WOO-stir. Wilkes-Barre= wilks-BARRY. As annoying as Libby's pronunciation of Andrei is, she's saying it in the way it's commonly pronounced there. I have 4 friends from 4 different countries in eastern Europe named Michal and though it's spelled the same way, they all pronounce it differently: mee-SHAWL, mick-HAIL, mee-HOW, & MEE-shell. 

If you click on the link I shared you can see that there are many different ways of pronouncing the baby's name. Would I have chosen that name? No, because I know how Americans say it and I wouldn't want to spend my time explaining it and hearing people laugh at me. Does it sound funny? If you're used to the French way? Yes. Are they "wrong"? No.

• Useful 4
  • Love 14

Libby and her nasty sisters are bad but andreeiii is a piece of shit.... very controlling and just expects Libby’s dad to pay for everything and not even grateful when he does..... if I was the dad his bitchass wouldn’t be getting shit 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

So Syngin is an ugly drunk.  I hold out zero hope for these two, Tania is so insufferable that I can't blame him.

This woman pretending to love sex with Coltee has to be trolling us, right?  Or more likely, desperately seeking green card.....she knows If you can convince a man he's great in bed, you've got him in your pocket.  This will be interesting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I don't see it as the same thing. Larissa pronounces it as "Coltee" because she has trouble with some English pronunciations and therefore inadvertently adds that "ee" to the end. She does it with several other words, but she's not always consistent. It's not like if you traveled to Brazil everyone would accept "Coltee" as a standard pronunciation of Colt, it's a Larissa thing. 

pee-AIR-eh, on the other hand, IS an acceptable pronunciation of Pierre there. It's not a Karine and Paul thing, it's a cultural thing. They are not mispronouncing it (well, Paul sort of is), they're pronouncing it in a way that is common and acceptable for her region.

Sure it was originally a French name, but language in general is fluid-especially where names are concerned. Language is forever in a transitional phase, especially when the words go international. 

Pierre, South Dakota is regionally pronounced as "peer." Versailles, Kentucky is regionally pronounced as "vur-SALES." Athens, Kentucky is regionally pronounced as "A-thins". Aluminum in the UK is pronounced as "owl-u-MIN-ee-um." Worcester, MA=WOO-stir. Wilkes-Barre= wilks-BARRY. As annoying as Libby's pronunciation of Andrei is, she's saying it in the way it's commonly pronounced there. I have 4 friends from 4 different countries in eastern Europe named Michal and though it's spelled the same way, they all pronounce it differently: mee-SHAWL, mick-HAIL, mee-HOW, & MEE-shell. 

If you click on the link I shared you can see that there are many different ways of pronouncing the baby's name. Would I have chosen that name? No, because I know how Americans say it and I wouldn't want to spend my time explaining it and hearing people laugh at me. Does it sound funny? If you're used to the French way? Yes. Are they "wrong"? No.

I totally get what you're saying. The "e" thing is not just Larissa, it's very common with Brazilians because of how brazilian is spoken. My mother tongue is not english, and even in my country there are plenty of english names people have adopted that they pronounce wrong- everyone pronounces them wrong in the same way though, due to how the language is spoken. Those names are now fairly common and accepted as regular names (i.e. not "foreign" names), but they still sounds stupid to me 😁

In the same vein, I would never pronounce versailles as "vur-sales", just because Americans somewhere may say it like that. It still sounds "wrong" to me.

Edited by Takitaki
  • Love 2

Watching Angela w her mom reminds me why I like Grangela so much better than Baby Girl Visa. 

Why couldn’t Coltee just say it is our last night here I was hoping we could cut out early ? Producer driven or is he that’s hampered that he can’t express himself ? 

Unfortunately he won’t ever be happy because he will never ever find a woman who can see and meet his needs immediately like a mother can. Mother Debbie ruined him for her selfish desire to stay close to him. She needs to go to a 55 and over complex that has apartments based on income  and live her own life.  

• Love 13
On 6/20/2020 at 12:24 AM, alotmorestupider said:

I’m still nauseous after hearing Coltee’s new girlfriend say she liked sex with him. What...the...everloving...fuck. She enjoyed THAT body pressed up against her?! She must really, really love America. The way Colt suggestively raises his eyebrows makes me gag a little. 

I’m literally currently a breastfeeding mother and I found it strange for 3 moms in a pool to all simultaneously breastfeeding their babies...while being filmed. “Hey we’re filming today! What should we do? Maybe breastfeed in the pool?” They think they’re sexy, empowered young mothers but really it just reeks of being a try-hard thirsty D-list reality tv “celebrity”. Also, Becky’s boobs look very saggy in that swimsuit. I don’t believe a second of Libby’s family drama.

This sort of stuff really shows the seams on these manufactured storylines. First of all, zero chance either of these women enjoyed sexual congress with Colt. I don't even have to talk about how his breasts are larger than both Larissa's and this new chick they hired. It's really that I'm certain his hands would have that cold "just-shit turd" feeling whenever he touched anyone. Cold and clammy and doughy. Fucking gross. There's also no chance that in a non-reality enivornment all THREE of those women decided to just make the pool basically a swim up Six Boob Saloon for the kids, all at once. THat's clearly "Oh, let's all make a statement." Breastfeed all you want, wherever you want. But that seemed pretty put on. Almost as put on as the ridiculous scene where we're supposed to be fooled into thinking her dad didn't outright reject paying for a Moldavian wedding. Also, I thought Moldavia was a fictional country from the Princess Bride. 🙂

On 6/21/2020 at 12:32 AM, Frozendiva said:

Makes me wonder if the Coven are looking for some sort of reality show opportunity.

Every one of these people would sign up for a reality show about them eating horse shit if it paid. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 17

The reason I don't buy Libby's sisters' argument is that they know that she and Andreis have planned to have a wedding ceremony in Moldava for several years now - you haven't been able to get a passport in that period of time?  Sure it has been "dumped" on them (something I question) with a relatively short timeline, but shouldn't you have already made an application for a passport knowing that this is coming?

• Love 7

Just finished watching.  A few takeaways:

-Kalani really could cover that cleavage a bit. She is literally falling out of her tops, and the way she sits in that chair just accentuates it

-Andrei has a way of substituting a "v" sound for a "th" sound which I find interesting. "The favver of the bride pays for the wedding. "

-I really don't care about how much Colt and Jess just love having sex.  

-Syngin, to me, is really odd-looking and not in an appealing way. He has very short, flat top teeth, a square head and has a caveman appearance. And he and Tanya are a mess. She just screams at him and he, we now have discovered, drinks... a lot.  Like a lot.

-the breastfeeding trio: really? I have no issue with it but it really seems that TLC wanted to do this for us to take notice. Yes, mothers breastfeed.  We don't really need to see three of them doing it in sync with each other.

-Angela's mother is in such sad shape; it's really heartbreaking. Especially so because TLC seemed to exploit her for this scene.  

-Paul, you are a 35 year old man who should know by now that you don't say "Me and Karine are going back to the States." And did anyone notice he mentioned (several times) his "parents"? Is there a dad somewhere?  I wouldn't want him to move in with me either- "him and Karine" are total slobs.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

-Kalani really could cover that cleavage a bit. She is literally falling out of her tops, and the way she sits in that chair just accentuates it

-I really don't care about how much Colt and Jess just love having sex.  

-Syngin, to me, is really odd-looking and not in an appealing way. He has very short, flat top teeth, a square head and has a caveman appearance. And he and Tanya are a mess. She just screams at him and he, we now have discovered, drinks... a lot.  Like a lot.

-the breastfeeding trio: really? I have no issue with it but it really seems that TLC wanted to do this for us to take notice. Yes, mothers breastfeed.  We don't really need to see three of them doing it in sync with each other.

I was dying laughing at the Pillow Talk comments when Kalani sat there in the yellow dress with the girls on display, she really was showing what she's working with!  I agree that if she ever gets any attention from a grown man, Asuelu will be history, what do they ever talk about besides their kids?

And Libby and her extra thirsty sisters breastfeeding in the pool.  I don't even know where to start with that.  The snark on this in the live chat is comedy gold!

Syngin throwing chairs while drunk doesn't bode well.  Tania is so obnoxious that I wonder how long before he goes on a binge.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

And Libby and her extra thirsty sisters breastfeeding in the pool.  I don't even know where to start with that.  The snark on this in the live chat is comedy gold!

If they keep getting so much attention for doing it, I can see them continuing past the normal age of weaning.  The cousins will all be on swings in the playground when one of them will say, "I'm gonna go get some boob."  The others will say, "Good idea.  I guess we might as well go, too."

• LOL 3
(edited)
22 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

-Paul, you are a 35 year old man who should know by now that you don't say "Me and Karine are going back to the States." And did anyone notice he mentioned (several times) his "parents"? Is there a dad somewhere?  I wouldn't want him to move in with me either- "him and Karine" are total slobs.

I remember something really weird about his dad.

He refers to him as "Father," not "my father."  He refers to him as, for example, "Father would not approve."  It's really odd, like "Father" is a cult leader or something.  I've never heard him call him dad or "my dad," either.  Just..."Father."  As far as I know, "Father" is still part of the family but apparently doesn't want to be filmed for this shit show.  "Father"...It sounds like something out of that vintage horror movie PIN, if anyone's seen that tawdry gem.  😄  

I find it interesting that Paul still appears to have learned minimal, if any Portuguese, but Karine's English has improved considerably.  At least they don't need the translator app to argue now.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

What's it say about Paul when instead of going to America, her mom DEFINITELY think it's a better idea to have her live in Tonatins, which is not exactly a bustling paradise full of economic opportunity, than it is to go to America to be with Paul? I'm not saying AMerica is perfect, clearly, but by most standards it's a better place to live than in a jungle village with no running water. etc. Modern medicine, public education...yet everyone INCLUDING me is like "No, stay in Brazil, you're better off than having to rely on the human version of a wet sock to get you what you need." Paul is the worst. BUllet proof vest as if he's a diplomat, walking around with a sock on his pasty white penis all the time, honestly what the fuck kind of game does this dude run that he can successfully mate with anyone?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Surely it will be something more to his family.  Religious, recognized, and binding. What other reason would there be for "requiring" another wedding before their child can be baptized in her father's religion? 

I agree and I think it is something more to his family.  I am not Eastern Orthadox so to fly over there to watch an Eastern Orthodox ceremony, that, in my eyes, is symbolic, would not interest me.  I would like to see Ellie baptized but oh well - Zoom me in, folks.

Kalani - you were what - 29?  sleeping with a 22 year old who refused to wear a condom?  Yeah, you got what you bargained for - another child but at least this one is potty trained!  To have a husband who does not help with the kids, goes into the house and plays video games, works 20 hours a week selling frozen yougurt at the mall?  And one more thing - Kalani, tuck your boobs in.  We don't want to see them.  Between those puppies, the Breastfeeding Coven, and most of the women on here, I think:  "Does this show need a rating?"  Kalani's dad is portrayed as an overbearing dude, maybe that is what drove her to find some independence but look what that bought her:  Living with man-child, two little ones that she is seemingly the sole caretaker for, and now Mom and Dad have moved in.

Tania/Syngen:  Holt moly both unemployed but now Syngen has turned into a drinker - that will be his "thing"this season.  Frankly, if I was married to Tonia my liver would be shot to hell!

Paul/Karine:  Yay for mom for saying, no, you can't live here.  She will probably pay for a month at long term stay motel or something, only to have Paul try to manipulate her into paying for, oh I don't know.....a year?

Back to Libby/Anddddrreeei:  When she came back and Andrei was strutting like the cock of the walk and Lib admitted he was acting entitled, I really REALLY wanted LIb to pick up her phone and say "Yeah hi dad.  You know that wedding?  NEVER MIND.  Oh and call the local Lutheran, Methodist, Fill in the Blank Church and we wil have Ellie baptized THERE.  Bye!"

I can't comment on Larissa as I can't stand her nor Coltee - good Lord man - you are NOT all that and a bag of chips.  I hope your ego is all better now that you announced on tv that you nailed the Brazilian au pair.

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I was dying laughing at the Pillow Talk comments when Kalani sat there in the yellow dress with the girls on display, she really was showing what she's working with!  I agree that if she ever gets any attention from a grown man, Asuelu will be history, what do they ever talk about besides their kids?

Syngin throwing chairs while drunk doesn't bode well.  Tania is so obnoxious that I wonder how long before he goes on a binge.

Wasn't syngin day drinking mother tania's rum while she was off learning about witchery in Costa rica?

So he was showing sings even when Tania wasn't there to be annoying and insufferable.  

And Tania wants to make children with a man who wants to live in a free camper van and get drunk at 10am?  These are her life choices?

I wouldn't blame kalani for finding another man.  But kalani had two very young children and let's face it, she is no Avery, who is fit, pretty and appears to have a job and at least one father who pays child support. 

Kalani is okay looking (she has fantastic hair/skin) she isn't the body type that most find attractive (Samoan men may have a different standard) she doesn't seem to have a job skill, though I think she is smart and you know that anseulu won't be sending any decent amount of child support.  So a man who gets with her will need to completely provide for her and both of her children.  It's a lot. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Tania/Syngen:  Holt moly both unemployed but now Syngen has turned into a drinker - that will be his "thing"this season.  Frankly, if I was married to Tonia my liver would be shot to hell!

I didn't watch all of last night's show but I did notice multiple references to being unemployed and living off of "savings," (Kalani, Tania), or being broke yet able to travel internationally and ship all your crap overseas (Pole). Let's be honest here, do we really believe any of these people had the foresight to put money away when they were working? This is code for "TLC paychecks," right?

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I remember something really weird about his dad.

He refers to him as "Father," not "my father."  He refers to him as, for example, "Father would not approve."  It's really odd, like "Father" is a cult leader or something.  I've never heard him call him dad or "my dad," either.  Just..."Father."  As far as I know, "Father" is still part of the family but apparently doesn't want to be filmed for this shit show.  "Father"...It sounds like something out of that vintage horror movie PIN, if anyone's seen that tawdry gem.  😄  

I find it interesting that Paul still appears to have learned minimal, if any Portuguese, but Karine's English has improved considerably.  At least they don't need the translator app to argue now.  

So, loving horror movies, I had to look this up. Now I MUST see it. 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I didn't watch all of last night's show but I did notice multiple references to being unemployed and living off of "savings," (Kalani, Tania), or being broke yet able to travel internationally and ship all your crap overseas (Pole). Let's be honest here, do we really believe any of these people had the foresight to put money away when they were working? This is code for "TLC paychecks," right?

Yes.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

It's demented, twisted, and absurd...I loved it with every fiber of my little black heart ❤️  Lots of "third person" verbiage as I recall, too.  I could totally see Paul as the lead in this flick.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I know! Putting money aside in savings is a luxury, I doubt the impulsive Kalani and Tania made enough money to live on AND put away in savings, frankly neither one of them seem like they think of the future other than the next meal.  

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

PIN is actually pretty good. Based on a novel, I think.

• Love 2

Confused about Angela. Everyone in the world figured that there was an issue when she started bleeding 3 years after menopause. So the doctor says  that your ovaries shrink so you can't release eggs post menopause, but did she say that Angela could hypothethically carry a baby conceived using IVF? Is that true? I mean, if your body no longer has a monthly cycle where it prepares for egg implantation, how can your unterus support and nourish and grow a baby? Or did I mishear and the doctor meant IVF using  a surrogate?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Gobi said:

PIN is actually pretty good. Based on a novel, I think.

It's right at the top of my obscure horror movies list...right alongside Love Object and Spiral.  

I can see Love Object being based on David's obsession with Lana.  Maybe he needs a custom-made anatomically correct blowup doll.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Confused about Angela. Everyone in the world figured that there was an issue when she started bleeding 3 years after menopause. So the doctor says  that your ovaries shrink so you can't release eggs post menopause, but did she say that Angela could hypothethically carry a baby conceived using IVF? Is that true? I mean, if your body no longer has a monthly cycle where it prepares for egg implantation, how can your unterus support and nourish and grow a baby? Or did I mishear and the doctor meant IVF using  a surrogate?

I'm not sure either. But, she wouldn't carry the baby, she would TOTE it. I've never heard that term before and it completely cracks me up.

Angela is delusional. First of all, pregnancies over the age of 35 are considered geriatric pregnancies... at 54? There would be so many risks. Those aigs are old. Your body is aging. Come on! Like an earlier poster said, I don't know how these medical professionals keep a straight face!

When Ang was talking to her mom and said "I know I look good for my age" I had to ask my husband my weekly question -- "do I look at old as Angela?" -- a few weeks ago it was "do I look as old as BGL?" -- I'm 54 and shudder when I think I may come across like those nasty women. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I absolutely love the bickering between Tania and Syngin.  I could watch them all day.  

Andrei has been around his wife's family long enough that he no longer feels any pride to not take handouts. I think it's the classic case of seeing the other siblings take from daddy, so he wants to get their share.

Meanwhile, Libby sure knows her boobs are her best asset. 

Azuelo is a man-child.    

Edited by sasha206
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

I'm not sure either. But, she wouldn't carry the baby, she would TOTE it. I've never heard that term before and it completely cracks me up.

Angela is delusional. First of all, pregnancies over the age of 35 are considered geriatric pregnancies... at 54? There would be so many risks. Those aigs are old. Your body is aging. Come on! Like an earlier poster said, I don't know how these medical professionals keep a straight face!

When Ang was talking to her mom and said "I know I look good for my age" I had to ask my husband my weekly question -- "do I look at old as Angela?" -- a few weeks ago it was "do I look as old as BGL?" -- I'm 54 and shudder when I think I may come across like those nasty women. 

It was so sad to me that after listening to the doctor tell her about the dangers of cancer (which she has seen first hand), Angela's first instinct was to ask if she could still give Michael a baby.  

She does awful things, she is abusive and I think there are imperialist undertones in how she treats Michael, but that was just sad.  

Michael needs to choose.  If he wants a child more than being in the US, break it off with Angela once and for all. 

If he wants to be in the US more than he wants a child, than accept it and stop bothering Angela about giving you a baby.  

But it's cruel to encourage Angela's delusions that you and she are going to have a baby together unless you somehow adopt.  Don't ask her for a second wife because you know she won't go for that.  Michael needs to man up and choose. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

But it's cruel to encourage Angela's delusions that you and she are going to have a baby together unless you somehow adopt.  Don't ask her for a second wife because you know she won't go for that.  Michael needs to man up and choose. 

I don't think that adoption would fly with Michael or his family. I'm guessing they insist on the bloodline being passed. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Watching Angela w her mom reminds me why I like Grangela so much better than Baby Girl Visa. 

I know.  I have a soft spot for Angela.  I think she has a good heart.  

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

She could go on massive hormone therapy treatments to replicate the lining of the uterus.  But her eggs are dead.  Only way she could get pregnant via IVF is with one of Skyla's eggs or one of her own IF she'd have them frozen before menopause.  

At least that's what Dr. Google says.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

She could go on massive hormone therapy treatments to replicate the lining of the uterus.  But her eggs are dead.  Only way she could get pregnant via IVF is with one of Skyla's eggs or one of her own IF she'd have them frozen before menopause.  

I cannot imagine. I am older than Angela, but once I went through menopause, the idea of everything associated with pregnancy, birth, periods, etc, I was like hallelujah, done with that. I would have to be crazy to want to go through hormone treatment and try to tote again. I'm just so happy I can wear white pants any day I choose! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

I know babies need to eat but do they really need to film all three women breastfeeding in the pool? And may someone please explain to Libby that her flying donut hairstyle needs to go. She looks ridiculous. That entire family irks me. 

Oh dear god, the ultrasound wand is bigger than Michael's pee-pee. Thanks Angela. I'm sure the doctor loved knowing this information. And is "toting a baby" a commonly used phrase in the south. Anyone? I've never heard that before. It conjures up an ultrasound image of Angela's uterus only to discover that it is a slightly worn out shopping bag filled with cigarette butts and empty pepsi bottles.  

Pole is living on a different planet, that is for sure. It looks like Mama Pole is done with his shenanigans. There will be no more gifts of hair from her hairbrush. Karine looks completely miserable and has aged before our eyes. 

Colt is a melting goo pot of boredom & over confidence. The self confidence that guy has is astounding to me. Also, He still can stop talking about Larissa. I would make a quick exit if some guy I've met online started up a convo with...."Well my ex...."

Asuelu acts like an over-sized 4 year old. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

At least that's what Dr. Google says.

All that has to cost a fortune, surely she's not that rich from a couple seasons on a reality show?!

35 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I absolutely love the bickering between Tania and Syngin.  I could watch them all day.

I want to slap the crap out of Tania every time she starts her screeching, and I loathe sloppy drunks, so bring 'em on!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I don't think that adoption would fly with Michael or his family. I'm guessing they insist on the bloodline being passed. 

Is he the only male?  I wonder if his mom might accept a loophole and let Michael and Angela "adopt" a child that is a niece or nephew?  

Either way, Michael needs to choose.  Angela is going to keep making this delusional baby a priority, to the detriment of her own health.  If Michael even just kinda likes her, he will make the hard decision because she will not do it.  

41 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

I know babies need to eat but do they really need to film all three women breastfeeding in the pool? And may someone please explain to Libby that her flying donut hairstyle needs to go. She looks ridiculous. That entire family irks me. 

Oh dear god, the ultrasound wand is bigger than Michael's pee-pee. Thanks Angela. I'm sure the doctor loved knowing this information. And is "toting a baby" a commonly used phrase in the south. Anyone? I've never heard that before. It conjures up an ultrasound image of Angela's uterus only to discover that it is a slightly worn out shopping bag filled with cigarette butts and empty pepsi bottles.  

Pole is living on a different planet, that is for sure. It looks like Mama Pole is done with his shenanigans. There will be no more gifts of hair from her hairbrush. Karine looks completely miserable and has aged before our eyes. 

Colt is a melting goo pot of boredom & over confidence. The self confidence that guy has is astounding to me. Also, He still can stop talking about Larissa. I would make a quick exit if some guy I've met online started up a convo with...."Well my ex...."

Asuelu acts like an over-sized 4 year old. 

Jess is starting to get it.  

And yes, always wary of a guy who over trash talks his ex.  If nothing else it shows an unhealthy obsession. And second, it's just weird and unflattering.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

did she say that Angela could hypothethically carry a baby conceived using IVF? Is that true? I mean, if your body no longer has a monthly cycle where it prepares for egg implantation, how can your unterus support and nourish and grow a baby? Or did I mishear and the doctor meant IVF using  a surrogate?

Yes, through IVF she could have an embryo implanted, and then sustain the pregnancy through hormone therapy, and some very, very good prenatal care.

7 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And yes, always wary of a guy who over trash talks his ex. If nothing else it shows an unhealthy obsession. And second, it's just weird and unflattering.  

I have a suspicion that some, perhaps all, of that was producer driven.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I have two DILs, both of whom breastfed/breastfeed. One DIL was discreet, covered up with a cloth or blanket.

They could have used Michelle Duggar's super modest breastfeeding cover that looks like the cape your hair stylist puts on you at the salon. 

• LOL 2

Just chiming in to say how much I love this forum referring to Sisters Libby as the "coven". We (Primetimers) did that for some random teen mom a few years ago. If the shoe fits..

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

They could have used Michelle Duggar's super modest breastfeeding cover that looks like the cape your hair stylist puts on you at the salon. 

I'm all for breastfeeding IF it is what a woman wants to do. Its easy, cheap and good for both mom and baby. That being said, something off-putting doing it on this sh**show. Too many pervs in teevee land.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I didn't have a lot of sympathy for Tania in her boot. I had to take public transit. Hobble all day at work, hobble home, etc. Her life is a bit easier being chauffered around.

Not to mention carried piggyback (although I've always thought being carried piggyback was uncomfortable).

7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

As annoying as Libby's pronunciation of Andrei is, she's saying it in the way it's commonly pronounced there.

What I find annoying about Libby's pronunciation is that it sounds to me like a non-native Spanish speaker trying, and failing, to roll Rs.

7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Actually, it would apparently sound funny to someone in Portugal, where they wouldn't pronounce that E.  Didn't see that coming.

Here's a link to a not lengthy Reddit discussion about it.  It's amazing the stuff I learn because I watch these shit shows (or, more accurately, things I learn using the shows, which I do not trust, as a springboard):

https://www.reddit.com/r/90DayFiance/comments/hdhxg5/but_why_does_he_pronounce_pierre_like_that/?sort=old

But I'm with you--unless there was a compelling reason for them to choose that particular name, life will be easier if they choose something that won't cause hassles in either Brazil or the U.S.

4 hours ago, Takitaki said:

In the same vein, I would never pronounce versailles as "vur-sales", just because Americans somewhere may say it like that. It still sounds "wrong" to me.

You wouldn't even pronounce the town in Kentucky "vur-sales"? 

There's a scenic town in Colorado called Buena Vista.  The first word is pronounced BYOO-nuh, not BWAY-na, even though "buena vista" is clearly Spanish.  A lady named it, and that's how she pronounced it.  I learned this from reading one of the little markers they put around towns, so I assume it's official.

And as much as I'm on board with "When in Rome...," the Buena Vista thing bugs me.  If I pronounce it BYOO-nuh, then someone who doesn't know that's the correct pronunciation will think I'm an idiot.  (Like people here think of Paul's pronunciation of Pierre.)  But if I pronounce it BWAY-na, someone who knows it's wrong will think I'm uninformed, and will have to decide whether I should be corrected.  Consequently, I try to shape my comments so I can just say "BV" and they'll know what that is.

Similar issues with "forte" when talking about a strength.  I can pronounce it correctly and run the risk of people thinking I'm an idiot, or I can pronounce it incorrectly and run the risk of looking like an idiot to someone who is actually a fellow traveler.  So I just don't use it any more.  It's a shame.  

I noticed that when the nurse or whoever led her into the examining room, Angela was thanking her (I think) and lightly touched her on the arm.  That's the sort of kindness that I keep seeing in her.  Then she starts braying...

Why couldn’t Coltee just say it is our last night here I was hoping we could cut out early ? Producer driven or is he that’s hampered that he can’t express himself ?

That one's a head scratcher for me, too.  I saw it as simply wanting to spend his limited time with his "girlfriend," which surely would be most people's desire, but everyone jumped on interpreting it as controlling her.  The ridiculousness makes me think there was producer involvement.

And my main reaction was, "Please don't make me side with Colt."

3 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

First of all, zero chance either of these women enjoyed sexual congress with Colt.

Strictly speaking, I think they both "enjoyed sexual congress" with Colt.  But I doubt they enjoyed their sexual congress with Colt.

• Love 5
(edited)

Colt you did not get any stamp of approval from any of her friends.  They think you're controlling and you proved them right by forcing her to go back to the hotel with you. You could have compromised and gone out with them for 2 hours and then returned to your hotel.  You did not "win" because it's not a competition.  Grow up!

Andrei really has some nerve.  He's unemployed and isn't actively looking for a job , yet wants to demand that Libby ask her father to pay for their second wedding.  Libby set herself up for a lifetime of misery with that one. Her dad only gave in because she started crying and she knows it. Her dad needs to stop supporting them so that the clown she married can obtain gainful employment. 

Angela a baby is not a bag, therefore there's nothing to tote sweetie. The doctor looked like she was trying her very best not to laugh in Angela's face.

How does Paul plan to care for a wife and child without a job and a place to stay? His mother was absolutely correct to tell him it was time to grow up. Someone give Libby's dad her number.

Larissa thinking that a blind date is a date with a blind man was cute. She may speak a lot of English, but she still doesn't have a command of it as her second language.  I give props to all the people who are learning English as a second language. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, blubld43 said:

This woman pretending to love sex with Coltee has to be trolling us, right?  Or more likely, desperately seeking green card.....she knows If you can convince a man he's great in bed, you've got him in your pocket.  This will be interesting.

I recall her saying she "loved sex" and what she liked about Coltee was that he liked sex, too. She didn't want to argue with him because she wanted to have sex at the hotel later. I don't think she said that she liked sex WITH Coltee, only that she liked being the boss in the bedroom. Her saying things like "good boy" makes me think she's got a dominatrix thing going on. She basically ordered him to tell his mother about her. Six or seven "dates" in six months is certainly not a lot, but since she said she is open to sex on the first date, she might have had that many partners or she was put off by the men finding her too aggressive. I would love to hear the reaction of the family that she works for as an au pair. 

In turn, what Coltee likes about her is that she's Brazilian, has a "bangin' body", wears glasses and likes cats. Not to mention that she's willing! 

In the preview she says she wants to stay in the US and change her work visa into a K-1. Not too big of a red flag there! Coltee is in way over his head(s) 

• Love 10