Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Caught In The Crossfire

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

It was so sad to me that after listening to the doctor tell her about the dangers of cancer (which she has seen first hand), Angela's first instinct was to ask if she could still give Michael a baby.  

She does awful things, she is abusive and I think there are imperialist undertones in how she treats Michael, but that was just sad.  

Michael needs to choose.  If he wants a child more than being in the US, break it off with Angela once and for all. 

If he wants to be in the US more than he wants a child, than accept it and stop bothering Angela about giving you a baby.  

But it's cruel to encourage Angela's delusions that you and she are going to have a baby together unless you somehow adopt.  Don't ask her for a second wife because you know she won't go for that.  Michael needs to man up and choose. 

I agree and Angela needs to come back to Earth and face reality.  SHE IS 54!!!  I had my second son at 34 and was told if I had another it would be, as poster said upthread, a geriatric pregnancy.  Now add 20 years to that - what is it?  A mummy pregnancy?  An ancient pregnancy?  A wizened pregnancy?

1 hour ago, Barbara Please said:

the ultrasound wand is bigger than Michael's pee-pee.

Yep, because I have been wanded and trust me, there is NOTHING sexual about it.  Why mention it?  That poor doctor - I hope she got paid extra for keeping a straight face.

3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

He refers to him as "Father," not "my father." 

I think this is a fundy religion thing, it is also a Mormon thing to call the dad Father as well.  I think it is up to them, but.....this is the least of Paul's problems.  He is heading back to Louisville with no job, no housing and no money.  And his mom is changing the locks.  he got fired from lawn mowing and picking up dog poop, remember?

1 hour ago, Barbara Please said:

someone please explain to Libby that her flying donut hairstyle needs to go.

100% agreed, but it seems to be the style now.  I agree, it looks horrid.  As for Andrei being a stay at home dad, I don't think that was in the original agreement.  I also have a hunch Libby comes home and makes dinner, picks up, does laundry and bathes the baby.  

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Gobi said:

Not even Geoffrey?

Yeah. Geoffrey has a permanent record that shows violence against women. Several different women. He's a scary mofo for sure, but at least a background check would give you a heads-up. Paul, on the other hand, does not. He was charged with burning down his house, but that was insurance fraud. Still bad, but it's a different kind of crime than burning down a house as a means of killing someone. He also had an EPO out on him from an ex. Still, that's much different than having 4 EPOs out from 4 different women.

Point being, it's easy to look at Geoffrey and see that he's a "bad" guy. With Paul, it's not. That one can sneak right up on you and, in my experience, that can be even scarier. We're taught to stay away from the "bad guys" who hit women. But what about the "nice" guys in sheep's clothing? 

And that's before we even start talking about Paul's other issues: emotional abuse (threatening divorce during every argument), guilt tripping (threatening to kill himself and making Karine think it's her fault), belligerence, scattered and unexplainable behavior (jumping out of the car, running off in a dangerous park, etc). 

We knew what Geoffrey was before the season even started. We KNOW what he's capable of. It took awhile with Paul. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

The only participant in this series that’s not interested in TV exposure or TLC cash Is Mother Pole. No you can’t move in/film with me. Good for her. The place would be a tip in no time. She can always visit with grandson.

None of my business but is roaming eyebrows Coltee adopted? He inherited zero Debbie DNA. Looks nothing like her. What happened to dad? Was it ever mentioned?

Is the USA really on top of expiring Visas as we’re led to believe on this show? I wonder what happens during this pandemic? I guess all expired visas get extended?

Larissa should watch the Darcy tapes. Oversized lips, boobs, lashes, eyebrows but empty inside. This is your future. 

Can’t snark on the Angie pelvic exam except to say stop smoking now, girl!  RIP mama. I have the impression you lived a lively life.

There’s no drama. TLC will pay for the Moldovan wedding of course. I’m looking forward to seeing Moldova. Might be good for the country and maybe even open up for tourists.

Same thing with the Samoa trip. These out of work unemployed dumb people travelling overseas here and there at the drop of a hat ... renting nice big apartments with kitchens and sex rooms.  Reality it  ain’t.

But with all the massive boobs on display I’m sure ratings are nice and  perky.  Let’s face it,  90DF is a TLC cash cow. Execs must be laughing all the way to the bank.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

None of my business but is roaming eyebrows Coltee adopted? He inherited zero Debbie DNA. Looks nothing like her. What happened to dad? Was it ever mentioned?

It is my understanding Debbie is a widow.

2 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Same thing with the Samoa trip. These out of work unemployed dumb people travelling overseas here and there at the drop of a hat ... renting nice big apartments with kitchens and sex rooms.

And we all know, now, that TLC will get them over there only to watch Man Child go off with his family and friends and leave Big Jugs alone to weep and cry.

3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

maybe even open up for tourists.

But Moldavia is one of the MOST DANGEROUS PLACES, EVER!!!  

6 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

We knew what Geoffrey was before the season even started. We KNOW what he's capable of. It took awhile with Paul.

I agree - Paul can either snap in a second or fill your drink with antifreeze slowly over time - you pick!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

It's demented, twisted, and absurd...I loved it with every fiber of my little black heart ❤️  Lots of "third person" verbiage as I recall, too.  I could totally see Paul as the lead in this flick.  

Oh my goodness. We could be BFFs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I. 

In the preview she says she wants to stay in the US and change her work visa into a K-1. Not too big of a red flag there! Coltee is in way over his head(s) 

I'm not sure that she CAN change her visa to a K-1 while she's in the US. The final interview must take place at the US consulate in the person's country of origin. This was a big issue for us since I'd literally JUST given birth. My husband was here as a tourist but right after our son was born he got the alert for the interview. He quickly had to buy a plane ticket and rush back to London so that he could do the interview. He also had to get a chest x-ray and physical from a US consulate approved doctor in the UK. Then, once approved, US passport control had to stamp him upon flying back to the US.

If all that could've been done here then we'd have done it here. Him leaving when our son was a week old and the expense of travel was not ideal.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

There’s no drama. TLC will pay for the Moldovan wedding of course. I’m looking forward to seeing Moldova. Might be good for the country and maybe even open up for tourists.

TLC seems to show the worst side of the countries they visit. Moldova will probably look like the opening scene of Borat.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

The only participant in this series that’s not interested in TV exposure or TLC cash Is Mother Pole. No you can’t move in/film with me. Good for her. The place would be a tip in no time. She can always visit with grandson.

Is the USA really on top of expiring Visas as we’re led to believe on this show? I wonder what happens during this pandemic? I guess all expired visas get extended?

Larissa should watch the Darcy tapes. Oversized lips, boobs, lashes, eyebrows but empty inside. This is your future. 

Can’t snark on the Angie pelvic exam except to say stop smoking now, girl!  RIP mama. I have the impression you lived a lively life.

Same thing with the Samoa trip. These out of work unemployed dumb people travelling overseas here and there at the drop of a hat ... renting nice big apartments with kitchens and sex rooms.  Reality it  ain’t.

But with all the massive boobs on display I’m sure ratings are nice and  perky.  Let’s face it,  90DF is a TLC cash cow. Execs must be laughing all the way to the bank.

What cash mother pole would get from TLC isn't worth the hassle of trying to extricate Paul and karine from her house. 

Before she even said it, my first thought was "oh no, he is never going to leave if she lets him live there"

She doesn't even sound a little excited about them coming back and I can understand why.  

He couldn't keep a job literally shovelling cow shit.  He is 35 years old and couldn't meet a $26,000 per year earnings threshold.  Has he ever had a long term, full time job?  I don't know, if it hasn't happened by 35, he may not have the capacity.  

Maybe he can get hired on with a temp agency or something.  He knows Spanish so that has to count for something, maybe he can translate documents. 

• Love 6

I just LOVED it when Tania complained that Syngin was acting just like he did in South Africa and she expected him to change when he got to the U.S.  Because, you know, of her specialness.  Nope, someone's only going to change if/when they want to.  I admit that it made me happy that Tania isn't getting what she wants-she wanted Syngin to get a job, stop drinking, and basically just do whatever she wanted.  I don't think she saw it coming that Syngin let her know who he was in South Africa and yep, that's exactly who he is now.

• Love 18
32 minutes ago, spunky said:

Andrei really has some nerve.  He's unemployed and isn't actively looking for a job , 

Angela a baby is not a bag, therefore there's nothing to tote sweetie. 

Andrei has a job - he's a "home stay dad."  LOL.

"Tote" is also a verb.  According to the dictionary, it means to "carry, wield, or convey (something heavy or substantial)."  She says she can "tote" a baby.  Technically, the word fits.  It's weird, but it fits.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, RoxiP said:

The reason I don't buy Libby's sisters' argument is that they know that she and Andreis have planned to have a wedding ceremony in Moldava for several years now - you haven't been able to get a passport in that period of time? 

In this day and age, I think more people have passports than not, at least the younger ones. What struck me was when the blonde too opinionated sister-in-law said "Half of MY family don't have passports." Does the invitation to the wedding extend to the in-law's families? Libby has ten siblings and presumably many of them are married and have children. Are they going to charter a plane to take everyone remotely related to them to Moldava? 

I predict that, after a great deal of drama, only Andreeeeei, Libby and Eleanor (and possibly Libby's parents) go on the trip! 

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

To have a husband  teenage son  who does not help with the kids, goes into the house and plays video games, works 20 hours a week selling frozen yougurt at the mall?

Kahlani treats Asuelo more like a mother dealing with her lazy, self-centered son. 

And with all those puppies on display, little Bryson must have gotten an eyeful. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

It was so sad to me that after listening to the doctor tell her about the dangers of cancer (which she has seen first hand), Angela's first instinct was to ask if she could still give Michael a baby.  

Then she probably lit up a cigarette the minute she left the doctor's office 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

And is "toting a baby" a commonly used phrase in the south. Anyone?

I've lived in Louisiana, Mississippi, and now North Carolina.  I've never heard the phrase "tote a baby,"     That being said, there are colloquialisms unique to different areas.  For example, back in the 1980s, my friends in Mississippi would say "carry" when they meant drive, as in, "please carry me to the store."

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It is my understanding Debbie is a widow.

IIRC, Colt's father died when Colt was in college. They showed a photo of him with Colt in cap and gown at his high school graduation. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, RealReality said:

What cash mother pole would get from TLC isn't worth the hassle of trying to extricate Paul and karine from her house. 

Before she even said it, my first thought was "oh no, he is never going to leave if she lets him live there"

She doesn't even sound a little excited about them coming back and I can understand why.  

He couldn't keep a job literally shovelling cow shit.  He is 35 years old and couldn't meet a $26,000 per year earnings threshold.  Has he ever had a long term, full time job?  I don't know, if it hasn't happened by 35, he may not have the capacity.  

Maybe he can get hired on with a temp agency or something.  He knows Spanish so that has to count for something, maybe he can translate documents. 

And in Kentucky we have some laws that are hard to get around. If you allow someone to stay in your home X amount of days (think it's 90, but could be less) you can't just make them leave. Well, you CAN, but they can fight it. They actually gain rights for staying that long and sometimes you have to go through the eviction process. Money doesn't have to exchange hands for this to get tricky. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I am finding this a real slog to watch because I couldn’t care less about any of these folks and they are all well past their expiry date for this franchise. But I do love to snark, so here we are again.

Synjin and Tania – He looked so much better with short hair – like a different person. He also looked happy. And I would go back to drinking if I had to live with that shrew. Taking that wheelchair out on the rink was beyond ridiculous.

Something weird about this Pole and Karine situation. They are all packed, and have nothing planned for when they land in the US?? Did he just assume that they could stay with his parents and waited until the day before they leave to spring this on his mother? Probably. And Karine is looking very rough – at least 15 years older than her stated age.  Baby Pierre is cute though.

Who knew that the Tampa Bay La Leche League meets in someone’s back yard pool? This whole thing is fake, fake, fake. The coven definitely wants a spin off and I won’t be watching if that happens. I actually kinda feel sorry for Andrrrei except he looks like he is stifling laughter half the time. But they will likely get a free trip to Moldova out of this, and not on Daddy's dime.

I don’t know if Asuelu is intellectually challenged, but he is very very naïve and….simple. This is probably the most adulting Kalani has ever had to do in her life and hasn’t got much choice with two babies. I can’t recall if she works, but she doesn’t have it as rough as she thinks if she is living with her parents who are also built-in babysitters, and presumably cooks and cleaners to boot. I think she would just prefer to be bone idle and flash her enormous mammaries.

Colt, please disappear and take your mother and Brazilian paramours with you. Please.

Angela, please stop bullying your daughter about giving you her aigs, and about travelling to Nigeria just so she can witness a marriage she doesn’t support.

Stay tuned for more drama laced TLC sponsored trips.

• Love 21
10 hours ago, Takitaki said:

There are a lot of words brazilians pronounce with an "e" in the end, most famously Larissa saying "Colt-ee". However, Pierre is a french name, so why give it to your child just to pronounce it wrong? I mean, they could've also named their son Colt and pronounced in "Coltee" because that's how a Brazilian would pronounce it, but it would still sound as stupid as Pierr-ey.

I had to laugh at Larissa saying (after declaring that she is modest) that she was raised "Cat-o-leek-ee."

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

And in Kentucky we have some laws that are hard to get around. If you allow someone to stay in your home X amount of days (think it's 90, but could be less) you can't just make them leave. Well, you CAN, but they can fight it. They actually gain rights for staying that long and sometimes you have to go through the eviction process. Money doesn't have to exchange hands for this to get tricky. 

I think its less of a legal issue and more that Mother Pole knows it will almost take dynamite to get Pole to leave once he moves in. She sees her retirement as having Pole, his temper tantrums, Karine and her uphappy face and a baby underfoot..forever. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
49 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

Followed very closely by:

"I think I tore my rectum."
— Syngin 

Not to worry, Syringe. Tania is going to tear you a new one.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Squatters rights.  You are absolutely right, he really would never leave and how sad that his own mother knows that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Not to worry, Syringe. Tania is going to tear you a new one.

No kidding!!!!  Is her sister younger?  Cause if she is.....Lordy help us that little sister had a baby before Tanya.

Syngen looked A LOT better with shorter hair, and looked way happier, too!

• Love 3
(edited)

I had another thought, why can't Tania sit on her ass and make soap (or some other item she learned about at the Witch Craft Seminar) while wearing a boot? What happened to that business enterprise? 

Also, I'll bet anything that Tania wasn't wearing her seatbelt when she had the car accident! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 8

Just looked it up:  St. Philip the Apostle in Tampa - from their website:

We are young and old, families and single members. We come from all parts of the country as well as Russia, Moldova, Romania, Greece, Lebanon and the West Indies. The parish is a warm and loving community.

Fly Mama and Papa Anddrreeeei over and we have a party, people!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I think its less of a legal issue and more that Mother Pole knows it will almost take dynamite to get Pole to leave once he moves in. She sees her retirement as having Pole, his temper tantrums, Karine and her uphappy face and a baby underfoot..forever. 

Oh, I agree. I was just throwing that in there as an added incentive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

If they keep getting so much attention for doing it, I can see them continuing past the normal age of weaning.  The cousins will all be on swings in the playground when one of them will say, "I'm gonna go get some boob."  The others will say, "Good idea.  I guess we might as well go, too."

Watch out! More Coltees coming up soon! (Or girl versions of him since I don't know what those babies are.)  

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

I had to laugh at Larissa saying (after declaring that she is modest) that she was raised "Cat-o-leek-ee."

That was interesting.  She pronounced it with the stress on the "o," which isn't the same as just adding an "ee" on the end of "catholic," because "catholic" has the stress on the first syllable.  That would be "CAT-o-leek-ee," but what she said was "cat-O-leek-ee."   It actually works better, but I can't imagine how she got there.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That was interesting.  She pronounced it with the stress on the "o," which isn't the same as just adding an "ee" on the end of "catholic," because "catholic" has the stress on the first syllable.  That would be "CAT-o-leek-ee," but what she said was "cat-O-leek-ee."   It actually works better, but I can't imagine how she got there.

That is probably how it’s pronounced in Portugese.

In German (and Italian) the emphasis is on the second syllable as well :               ka-TO-lisch

• Love 3
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

If I were married to Paul I'd be in a constant bad mood, too. I'm not a huge Karine fan, but for the sake of her son I wish she'd leave Paul and move back to Tonatin and let her family help with the baby.

Totally agree!!!!

And kudos to Paul’s mother for not letting him move in.  She knows he will never leave.

• Love 8
(edited)

Someone on the live thread asked if Angela's OBGYN was an actress. Nope! She's a real doctor in Savannah. We own a vacation house on St. Simon's Island and we usually spend most of the summer there (not this year-I have covid and both my son and dad have cancer). I got a referral to that doc, but I didn't end up keeping the appt. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

from her website: No other doctors in the area are offering laser resurfacing. Dr. Pettigrew performs labiaplasty and injectables, giving her patients the security of knowing a trained physician is caring for them.

OUCH! Is that re-virgination? 

she also offers "Botox parties" OUCH again! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Surely it will be something more to his family.  Religious, recognized, and binding. What other reason would there be for "requiring" another wedding before their child can be baptized in her father's religion? 

I'm thinking Andrrreeii's family is some sort of Catholic (Orthodox, maybe?) and having known a few Catholics I can tell you the very devout ones tend not to see any marriage outside of their church as valid (even if it took place in another denomination of Christianity) and will even see any offspring as illegitimate! I have a friend who's second marriage took place in Vegas. She and 2nd hubby had a child together, and when they hit a rough patch she went back to church - a Catholic church as that's the church she was raised in. When she asked to have their baby baptized she was told they would have to do a marriage ceremony there first. Hubby refused because their marriage was on the rocks (they wound up divorced so probably a good move on his part as it would have added an annulment into the mix). So I wouldn't be surprised if Ellie's baptism in Andrrrreeii's/his family's church is the same deal as my friend's kid's - she is seen as illegitimate until they get married in that church, and the won't baptize until she's seen as a legitimate offspring. Pretty archaic if you ask me, and makes me glad to be a member of a Protestant denomination!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Azuelo is a man-child.    

One has to ask how a woman would be attracted to that.  He is not even physically attractive - he looks  like Patrick Star!!!   Vacant-eyed and doughy.  I could understand it if he were an Adonis.  As long as he did not talk, everything would be good!!  

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

This franchise is suffering the same fate as TEEN MOM. The first season or two showed real teen moms struggling with bills, trouble with jobs, etc. But as the MTV money started rolling in it was obvious that the "we have no money" plotline was contrived. By refusing to acknowledge the show and their source of income it just made everything look so fake. Now we're seeing it on here.

The narrative this season must be "returning to my native country." We're seeing it in Colt/What's her name, Kalani/Aseulu, Libby/Andrei, Paul/Karine, Syngin/Tania, etc. They're worrying about "money", but obviously TLC is fronting the cost. Libby's dad isn't paying for their trip to Moldova, Aseulu isn't saving money for Samoa. By ignoring the fact that they're all earning money from advertising, TLC, appearances, cameos, etc they're creating fake conflicts. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I don't think that adoption would fly with Michael or his family. I'm guessing they insist on the bloodline being passed. 

Then I guess they can kiss the green card goodbye.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Kid said:

One has to ask how a woman would be attracted to that.  He is not even physically attractive - he  like Patrick Star!!!   Vacant-eyed and doughy.  I could understand it if he were an Adonis.  As long as he did not talk, everything would be good!!  

I agree.  His face basically looks like "DUH."  There's nothing appealing to me about him.  

i think Kahlini is actually a beautiful girl; yeah, she is overweight but pretty.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, magemaud said:

from her website: No other doctors in the area are offering laser resurfacing. Dr. Pettigrew performs labiaplasty and injectables, giving her patients the security of knowing a trained physician is caring for them.

OUCH! Is that re-virgination? 

she also offers "Botox parties" OUCH again! 

Re-virginization is when they basically recreate the hymen and tighten the vaginal muscles. Labiaplasty is when they do surgery on the labia to make the lips smaller, more even, etc.  

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Kid said:

One has to ask how a woman would be attracted to that.  He is not even physically attractive - he looks  like Patrick Star!!!   Vacant-eyed and doughy.  I could understand it if he were an Adonis.  

I can't get past his blubbery lips 

8 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Re-virginization is when they basically recreate the hymen and tighten the vaginal muscles. Labiaplasty is when they do surgery on the labia to make the lips smaller, more even, etc.  

OUCH yet again to both procedures, but I bet Angela, Laura and BGL would line up for it on TLC's dime. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, magemaud said:

OUCH yet again to both procedures, but I bet Angela, Laura and BGL would line up for it on TLC's dime. 

I'm all for women doing things that make them feel good about themselves, but I draw the line at this stuff. For one thing, it seems like this would be more for the guy's benefit. My husband could seriously care less.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I would wager something substantial that Darcey has either had it done or plans to do so.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Someone on the live thread asked if Angela's OBGYN was an actress. Nope! She's a real doctor in Savannah. We own a vacation house on St. Simon's Island and we usually spend most of the summer there (not this year-I have covid and both my son and dad have cancer). I got a referral to that doc, but I didn't end up keeping the appt. 

(In a small voice) I looked her up.  She is real!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Grangela doesn't want a child.

A child that you birth in labor and pain, protect, nurture, educate, feed, raise, and whose future you help secure.

She was a generic baby to cement her relationship with her foreign lover.

If she could carry a child, she'd be in her mid-seventies when it graduates high school. She doesn't really want that.

• Love 9

I have a confession to make: I was crying through most of Angela's talk with her mom.

Spoiler

See, I knew her mother died in early February, so this scene was poignant, especially the part where Angela was asked by a producer about how she would feel if her mom died while she was in Nigeria marrying Mykull. Also, I lost my own mother in April, so I feel a bit of kinship with Angela right now. But only for that! BTW, I grabbed my cellophone and looked up the timeline and it wasn't quite clear, but it looks possible that she WAS in Nigeria when Momma passed. 😢

Not sure if I needed to put that in a Spoiler tag, but I have already run afoul of our moderator so I'm being extra cautious! Back to Ang - I loved the expressions on the doctor's face throughout the visit - sometimes trying not to laugh, sometimes horrified, and sometimes a mixture of stunned and horrified! 

Larissa: Agree with you all on the plastic surgery, and can I just say that if she wants to be a stripper she's got A LOT of work to do. Her friend was way better on the pole! And I howled about the blind date thing!

Pole and Kreeny: Loved mother Pole laying down the law. She's so right that if they move in they'll never leave. I have a friend like that and yeah, you have to be strong and just say no! Also, found myself wondering about mother and father Kreeny - Brazil is in a heap of hurt right now with COVID19. Hopefully Tonatins is so far out in the boonies it hasn't gotten there yet, but then they have people going back and forth on the Amazon River ferry so who knows? 

Kalani and Asuelu: Let's be honest - he just wants to go back to Samoa and live there so he doesn't have to have a job and help with the kids and housework. And yeah, I wonder about his mental capabilities too. The romantic "date" was hysterical, especially when on her first throw Kalani got it almost in the center of the target. Asuelu needs to be very careful - she's got skilz!

Coltee: I think we've established that Jess is just trying to use him for a green card, right? I mean she boldly said it and he didn't even flinch! The sick thing is I don't think he doesn't see it for a red flag, I think he just doesn't care. As long as she gives it up when he wants it he'll be her green card. No different from Big Ed when you think about it. Only, I kind of think with Coltee it comes out of lack of confidence/desperation, which is sad. Oh, and when he said his mom lives with him, the first thing that came to my mind was the show Castle - there was a scene in one episode where Castle (main character) tells Beckett (potential love interest) just that. When you're a wealthy, handsome, fictional multi-bestselling author that explanation works. When you're a real, schlubby, non-wealthy guy? Not so much! 

Tania and Syngin: He looks much better with shorter hair. And day drinking? A history of drinking on the job and destroying bar furniture? I was imagining Jon Taffer of Bar Rescue screaming about him about how wrong that is! Seriously, if he's applying for bartender jobs and they find out about that when checking references? Well, no wonder he's having a hard time finding a job. Also, why do so many people from other countries think jobs grow on trees here? 

Anyone else planning on watching Revenge of the 90-Dayers (or whatever it's called) tonight? I probably will, just to be able to snark later!

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cini said:

That is probably how it’s pronounced in Portugese.

In German (and Italian) the emphasis is on the second syllable as well :               ka-TO-lisch

Yep, it's "cat-OH-licah" (basically, it's hard to write out)

Edited by Ciarrai
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Andrei has a job - he's a "home stay dad."  LOL.

"Tote" is also a verb.  According to the dictionary, it means to "carry, wield, or convey (something heavy or substantial)."  She says she can "tote" a baby.  Technically, the word fits.  It's weird, but it fits.

You know, that reminds me.  The first episode, Libby comes home and makes a snide comment like, "What have you been doing all day...nothing?" That's fucking sexist!  Watching your fucking infant is not doing nothing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4