Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Caught In The Crossfire

• Start Topic

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 11:08 PM, bravofan27 said:

Is Andrei entitled? I'd call him more a hustler. He wants a nice wedding to show his family and friends in Maldova a good time and he's relentless. I think it's very common for people who grew up poor to come off as very greedy. I have a friend exactly like that. She didn't grow up with anything and small things that are normal to most people mean a ton to her, because it makes her feel normal, and she will stop at nothing to achieve it. She insisted on marriage, kids, a house, she's got a good job, she's hustled and fought for all of it. I feel like Andrei is the same way-- he can see someone has the means and he narrows in and pitches hard core until he gets his way.

I'm not even sure if hustler is the right word.  Andrei is really smart and I think he's figured out that hitting her family for money is a great way to retaliate when her family treats him, or Libby, poorly.  Gonna snark on us being late?  Boom, Moldovan wedding.  My country is a hell hole?  Now we're riding in on elephants.  Keep it coming and we're hiring Beyoncé.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I'm not even sure if hustler is the right word.  Andrei is really smart and I think he's figured out that hitting her family for money is a great way to retaliate when her family treats him, or Libby, poorly.  Gonna snark on us being late?  Boom, Moldovan wedding.  My country is a hell hole?  Now we're riding in on elephants.  Keep it coming and we're hiring Beyoncé.

Passive agressively punishing someone by guilting them into spending money they don't have to spend because they hurt your feelings seems like entitlement.  

It just doesn't feel very grown man to me at all and I'd be mortified if I were in Libby's shoes.  Just because someone has money should it be an invitation to take advantage of them.  The fault is really Libby's, she should put her foot down.....with Andrei.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Kangatush said:

YES!  And I lol'd at hiring Beyonce!

I love Andrei.  His "Do not terrorize me with your pregnancy" goes down as one of the best reality TV quotes ever.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 6/23/2020 at 7:00 PM, mamadrama said:

While I may not have a bidet, I do consider myself a 21st century woman. Still, I'm over these men "outing" the women with sex.

Coltee: We had sex last night.

Ed: We made love last night. 

Maybe they didn't want the world to know. You could've deferred to her. 

While I may not have a bidet, I do consider myself a 21st century woman. Still, I'm over these men "outing" the women with sex.

• Coltee: We had sex last night.
  • Jess: You call THAT sex with a straight face? I need a Green Card so I will give you lessons.
  • Ed: We made love last night. 
  • Rosemarie: That not love. He sit on me. Ed lay on me. He smother me. I no like kiss Ed.  Ed lie!

Edited by Kayz Opinion
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 6/23/2020 at 2:01 AM, Kayz Opinion said:
On 6/22/2020 at 11:57 AM, spunky said:

Angela a baby is not a bag, therefore there's nothing to tote sweetie.

Not exactly correct.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:57 PM, MrBuhBye said:
On 6/23/2020 at 2:01 AM, Kayz Opinion said:

Not exactly correct.

There used to be a line of collapsible umbrellas called Totes.

No entiendo.

• Love 1
On 6/22/2020 at 1:57 PM, spunky said:

Angela a baby is not a bag, therefore there's nothing to tote sweetie. 

"Tote" IS a verb, as well as a noun. It's not that much different than saying you "carried" a baby. I've grown up listening to people talk about "toting" things. It sounds weird, but it's not altogether grammatically incorrect. I actually really enjoy hearing regional dialect. It's part of their culture. It would be a sad, boring place if everyone spoke the same. 

My take is that it wasn't the use of the word "tote" that made the doctor react, it was the fact that a 54 yo woman seriously thought that bleeding after several years of not having a cycle thought it was a good thing, and that she was more concerned about giving her young husband a baby than by the idea of possible cancer. 

• Love 5
On 6/22/2020 at 8:29 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

She may have a heart but I am sure it is not "good," years of smoking has taken care of that!  

The doctor telling her that having a baby will not be possible without a donor egg made me wonder how Angela could ever afford IVF or a surrogate.  I also wonder how a doctor would not address the obvious health issues Angela has along with her advanced age and the wear and tear of a pregnancy has on a body, how did that doctor not laugh in her face and advise against a pregnancy in any way, shape or form.

Can Angela really be that ignorant? (rhetorical)  No reputable Dr is going to plant an aig for her to tote in that shriveled up, nicotine drenched uterus. She better get used to the idea of a sister wife because that’s the only way she’ll ever be able to give Michael a child. 

I think Colt is one of the most revolting men on this franchise. I can’t believe two women were willing to have sex with a pasty blob of repugnant carcass who lives with mommy. What a catch! 

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, nytonc said:

Can Angela really be that ignorant? (rhetorical)  No reputable Dr is going to plant an aig for her to tote in that shriveled up, nicotine drenched uterus. She better get used to the idea of a sister wife because that’s the only way she’ll ever be able to give Michael a child. 

I think Colt is one of the most revolting men on this franchise. I can’t believe two women were willing to have sex with a pasty blob of repugnant carcass who lives with mommy. What a catch! 

I think "reputable" is the keyword here. You can almost always find someone to do it for the right price. I have a friend going through IVF right now and I've been really surprised at how little her overall health (which is VERY bad) seems to matter to the clinic. And hell, if Baby Girl Lisa can earn $26,000 in just a few months on Cameo Angela is probably capable of doing the same. 

14 hours ago, mamadrama said:

"Tote" IS a verb, as well as a noun. It's not that much different than saying you "carried" a baby. I've grown up listening to people talk about "toting" things. It sounds weird, but it's not altogether grammatically incorrect. I actually really enjoy hearing regional dialect. It's part of their culture. It would be a sad, boring place if everyone spoke the same. 

In the words of my favourite rapper, "I got a fat ass and I know how to tote it"

• LOL 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, nytonc said:

Brazil must be a rough place if women are willing to sleep with colt to escape.  

I'd prefer getting deported back to the inside of an active volcano to avoid sleeping with colt. 

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Brazil must be a rough place if women are willing to sleep with colt to escape.  

I'd prefer getting deported back to the inside of an active volcano to avoid sleeping with colt. 

I’ve seen grown women cut their own heads off to avoid sleeping with Coltee.

• LOL 7
19 hours ago, mamadrama said:

And hell, if Baby Girl Lisa can earn $26,000 in just a few months on Cameo

This was NEWS to me.  I'm only surprised that someone (many someones) hasn't kicked in her face over the past fifty years.  She's so mean, so aggressive. Anyone know background/quotes of her ex-husband?  Her financial status?

I am impressed that she has self-confidence WAY BEYOND her means.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Anyone know background/quotes of her ex-husband? 

Lots of juicy info about her husband over on the couples thread. Let's just say he's no angel and they were perfect for each other. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Lots of juicy info about her husband over on the couples thread. Let's just say he's no angel and they were perfect for each other. 

Water finds its own level.

Especially sewer water. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

This was NEWS to me.  I'm only surprised that someone (many someones) hasn't kicked in her face over the past fifty years.  She's so mean, so aggressive. Anyone know background/quotes of her ex-husband?  Her financial status?

What makes you think they haven't? Have you seen her face? 😁

• LOL 10
On 6/23/2020 at 11:46 AM, Kid said:

Moldovan saga:  If the asshole can’t pay for the wedding, tell him NO!   Don’t run to Daddy!  Anddreii needs to get a job!!  A job, job!!  Then he can have as many weddings as he wants.

Coltee and his latest lay:  Coltee is NAUSEATING!!!!  This chick needs to run and run fast!  All he wants from her is to fuck her.  What about that does she not get??  His real relationship is with mommy.

And this is where I'm having trouble with the show...

Show Andrei doesn't have a job outside of the show and is needling Libby's dad for money.

Real World Andrei has a much different circumstance.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to watch the show because of all the fakery. It helps to view the show as a dramadey, while knowing that as soon as the producers yell "cut" they all return to their regular lives. There's no way I'd go on a show, though, and pretend to be a lazy bum-especially when said show touts itself as "reality." That shit carries over into real life. They may not really be broke, lazy assholes but one thing's for sure-they're all famewhores. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It's becoming increasingly difficult to watch the show because of all the fakery. It helps to view the show as a dramadey, while knowing that as soon as the producers yell "cut" they all return to their regular lives. There's no way I'd go on a show, though, and pretend to be a lazy bum-especially when said show touts itself as "reality." That shit carries over into real life. They may not really be broke, lazy assholes but one thing's for sure-they're all famewhores. 

Man, I don’t get it!   Why would someone want tO be famous for being a deadbeat??  Or like Coltee??  Not saying you are wrong.  Just saying that I do not understand the mindset.  

• Love 2
On 6/24/2020 at 6:55 PM, nytonc said:

He's like a sack of melted ice cream.  And I noticed the Real Tree Camo recliner is still alive and well.  Larissa should have taken it out into the backyard and burned that thing.

On 6/24/2020 at 7:47 PM, mamadrama said:

I think "reputable" is the keyword here. You can almost always find someone to do it for the right price. I have a friend going through IVF right now and I've been really surprised at how little her overall health (which is VERY bad) seems to matter to the clinic. And hell, if Baby Girl Lisa can earn $26,000 in just a few months on Cameo Angela is probably capable of doing the same. 

You have to image that doctor needs the appearance fee very badly to participate in this show.

As for Baby Girl Lisa and Cameo .... my sister has a birthday coming up ... *rubs hands deviously*

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Lemur said:

You have to image that doctor needs the appearance fee very badly to participate in this show.

I don't think so. For one thing, the side characters on here rarely get paid for appearances. They do the show for free and, in return, we see their business' name. For another, when I was referred to that same doctor the closest appointment I could get was two months away. She's a very reputable doctor in Savannah. She may have agreed to do the show because they told her that they were featuring a possibly post-menopausal woman who was having trouble in her reproductive organs and that this would be a good opportunity to address similar issues to a wider audience. And then we got what we got. She's not hurting for patients.

9 hours ago, Kid said:

Man, I don’t get it!   Why would someone want tO be famous for being a deadbeat??  Or like Coltee??  Not saying you are wrong.  Just saying that I do not understand the mindset.  

I don't get it, either, but I think @magemaud is right-even negative attention is something. Hell, on reality shows it's the worst people who usually get the bigger spotlight. It literally pays to be awful.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Watching Syngin and Tania at the skating rink and wondering how much the private “ice time” cost for filming. 

I'm surprised they allowed the wheelchair on the ice. They don't even allow regular shoes on ours.

• Love 2
On 6/25/2020 at 3:24 PM, Kayz Opinion said:

I am impressed that she has self-confidence WAY BEYOND her means.

Lisa didn't earn the $26k, Usman did. She stole his money, didn't forward it to him like she agreed, first claiming she was keeping it because he scammed her for two years and she sent him thousands of dollars and he got them fired from Strikes Back because of saying she said the Nword on the Tell Nothing, not that they were fired because she said it, but because Usman outed her, and when she started getting backlash, said she was donating it to a BLM charity.

Her self-confidence is WAY BEYOND her means, but she is just a run of the mill thief who legally stole her husband's earnings.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm surprised they allowed the wheelchair on the ice. They don't even allow regular shoes on ours.

You can bet they signed all sorts of exciting liability releases.  Though I don't think you can contract out of gross negligence. 

I can't remember if anyone else was on the rink because it's possible the show just rented the rink lock, stock and barrel and didn't tell the rink owners what they were gonna do.  Because if I saw sue happy, unemployed Tania in a wheelchair with a boot, trying to get on the ice....I'd put a stop to that immediately. 

1 hour ago, Christina said:

Lisa didn't earn the $26k, Usman did. She stole his money, didn't forward it to him like she agreed, first claiming she was keeping it because he scammed her for two years and she sent him thousands of dollars and he got them fired from Strikes Back because of saying she said the Nword on the Tell Nothing, not that they were fired because she said it, but because Usman outed her, and when she started getting backlash, said she was donating it to a BLM charity.

Her self-confidence is WAY BEYOND her means, but she is just a run of the mill thief who legally stole her husband's earnings.

She really is just the worst fucking person ever.  

That makes so much more sense.  I had tried to drop hints that I wanted a personalized version of usmans song (substitute my name for Lisa's).  

I can see people having the same idea and paying Usman to do it as a joke.  

What the hell would anyone want Lisa to do?  She is disgusting.  He dodged a bullet. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Syngin looked so much better with short hair!  Now, his mop would be great on a female but all that hair on his head and face make his face look too much like a pumpkin.  
And now the drinking issues appear?  I have no sympathy - for either Tania or Syngin, really.

Angela’s mom was adorable.  Angela should not have run off to Africa and left her mother at home with pneumonia. You would think with her mother having had cancer 6 or how many times that Angela would care more about her own health.

Edited by Colfrmb
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

And now the drinking issues appear?  I have no sympathy - for either Tania or Syngin, really.

They say that the smart drug dealers never touch the stuff.  Yet so many bartenders drink like fish.  I guess it’s like a guy with a foot fetish getting a job as a shoe salesman.

• LOL 2
On 6/22/2020 at 11:42 PM, 2dogmom said:

I hope Colty is a little smarter this time around.  She doesn't like sex with him, nobody does. She is just a blow up doll trying to get permanent resident status. She even looks like one.

Yeah, I think Coltee is absolutely a big, fat disgusting blob but his new chick and old one (Larissa) are just as disgusting. Larissa is so obsessed with all of the cosmetic and plastic surgery work she's having done but obviously doesn't care to get home to her kids! I call that disgusting. The new one wants lots of sex (barf) yet wants to spend one of the only nights Coltee is in town partying with her girlfriends. She's looking for a K-1 (and some TV time). They all make me sick. 

The reason Kalani, Libby and even Paul keep screwing up their lives is because the parents are always there to pick up the pieces and come through with the $$$$. Let them hit rock bottom and have to get up by themselves for once in their lives. Again, makes me sick. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I can't remember if anyone else was on the rink because it's possible the show just rented the rink lock, stock and barrel and didn't tell the rink owners what they were gonna do.  Because if I saw sue happy, unemployed Tania in a wheelchair with a boot, trying to get on the ice....I'd put a stop to that immediately. 

I remember seeing a couple of people skating in the distance, but I just came here to say I find Syngin EXHAUSTING! I couldn't be around him for more than ten minutes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I just came here to say I find Syngin EXHAUSTING! I couldn't be around him for more than ten minutes. 

Add TANIA to that mix and everyone needs a sedative.  What a couple.  I still think his name is spelled "St. John."  Anyone else?  Anyone?  Bueller?

• Love 2
On 6/26/2020 at 8:24 AM, Kid said:

Kid, Kid, Kid...C'mon--get serious. These people are STARS and they don't worry about dirty laundry.  Speaking of Coltee...did you see him dance?  If the Bachelorette can WIN on "Dancing with the Stars," Dreamboat Coltee should at least be given a chance.  I read that 90-Day Fiance` is the top-rated reality show (and why shouldn't it be...there are 36 different 90-Day programs).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

Angela’s mom was adorable.  Angela should not have run off to Africa and left her mother at home with pneumonia.  Didn’t Mama pass away while Angela was getting hitched to Michael? 

That can be discussed in the Couples thread . . . we're not supposed to discuss things here that haven't happened on the show.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Kid, Kid, Kid...C'mon--get serious. These people are STARS and they don't worry about dirty laundry.  Speaking of Coltee...did you see him dance?  If the Bachelorette can WIN on "Dancing with the Stars," Dreamboat Coltee should at least be given a chance.  I read that 90-Day Fiance` is the top-rated reality show (and why shouldn't it be...there are 36 different 90-Day programs).

Is that on cable or does it include network stuff like Survivor?

1 hour ago, Kayz Opinion said:

I still think his name is spelled "St. John."  Anyone else?  Anyone?  Bueller?

I believe it was originally derived from St. John but many people have adopted the phonetic spelling of Syngin. I always have to stop and think does HE spell it "Syn" or "Sin" and "gin" or "jin" because of the spelling variations. (For me, the "gin" spelling is easy to remember because he likes to drink.) It does have the same meaning as "John" by itself and the variations like "Sean" and "Ian." 

ORIGIN:Hebrew. POPULARITY:10258. Sinjin as a boy's name is pronounced SIN-jin. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Sinjin is "God is gracious".

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I remember seeing a couple of people skating in the distance, but I just came here to say I find Syngin EXHAUSTING! I couldn't be around him for more than ten minutes. 

Agree!  Tania is so awful that people forget that syngin is terribly attention hungry too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 6/19/2020 at 9:10 PM, Frozendiva said:

Looked up the hotel in Chicago. Inexpensive.

Coltee left out he and Debbie gaslighting Larissa.

Coltee trying to control Jess and the entire discussion about staying out later made me angry. He gets his own way and that's not enough, he berates her for wanting something different. He sulks and says they need further discussion about it after she's clearly willing to drop it.

"I gave in to Larissa on everything." Let's see - air conditioned car, not till she was gone. Own apartment without Debbie - not. Furniture she wanted - not. Wedding gown - not. Salvation Army thrift store gown - check.

Yes, Coltee, you're such a prince of a reasonable, non-controlling guy.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

It does have the same meaning as "John" by itself and the variations like "Sean" and "Ian." 

We had a weatherman in Phoenix years ago whose name was Sean...pronounced SEEN.  When people would challenge the spelling, he would explain that his twin brother is Shawn (I don't think I saw his spelling).  I'd like it if his brother's name was also Sean...but pronounced Shawn.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Is that on cable or does it include network stuff like Survivor?

It was probably cable; I didn't read the article completely.  I subscribe to my local paper and my carrier delivers WSJ as a freebie (I have no idea why and I won't ask). I tried to check the article online and WSJ wants me to subscribe.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

We had a weatherman in Phoenix years ago whose name was Sean...pronounced SEEN.  When people would challenge the spelling, he would explain that his twin brother is Shawn (I don't think I saw his spelling).  I'd like it if his brother's name was also Sean...but pronounced Shawn.

Thanks to 90210, one of my best friends for the past 30 years has to constantly correct people who call him EYE-in (Ian). 

Colt controlling Jess like that made me uncomfortable. Kudos to Friend Jess, though, for being like a dog with a bone about it. More of her, please. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Asuelo..."40% Kalani is excited, 70% she is not excited,"don't even try to tell me he is not touched.

I don't know, Kalani is pretty big.

• LOL 6
6 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Sean left Phoenix to go to MSNBC, but he's back.  No longer just a weatherman, he is also an anchor on CBS 5 here.

His twin brother spells his name "Shawn."

1 minute ago, MrBuhBye said:

Imagine if Sean Bean pronounced it like that.

When he was born, his parents spelled his name "Shaun."

And - based on how much I enjoy his work - he can pronounce it however he'd like.  LOL.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

When he was born, his parents spelled his name "Shaun."

And - based on how much I enjoy his work - he can pronounce it however he'd like.  LOL.

Probably changed it once the embarrassment that is Shaun Cassidy became a teen heartthrob.  

• LOL 3