Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Caught In The Crossfire

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

There’s no drama. TLC will pay for the Moldovan wedding of course. I’m looking forward to seeing Moldova. Might be good for the country and maybe even open up for tourists.

Same thing with the Samoa trip. These out of work unemployed dumb people travelling overseas here and there at the drop of a hat ... renting nice big apartments with kitchens and sex rooms.  Reality it  ain’t.

It's the same thing with all those Real Housewives shows.  Each season has the housewives going on at least two vacations, but everybody knows that Bravo pays for them. 

If I want reality, I'll watch a documentary.

• Love 9
On 6/18/2020 at 3:08 AM, Kangatush said:

I'm still trying to figure out what Kalani found so mesmerizing about Asuelu.  To me, his voice sounds like a child's voice.  And he's not ugly, but he's not exactly an island stud.  

I am also trying to figure it out.  She seems to loathe him, she is so embarrassed by everything he does or says.  He has a horrible voice, and yeah he's not a hot island stud.  Why did she marry the guy?

I can't remember, did she meet him in Hawaii, or Samoa?  

On 6/19/2020 at 9:10 PM, Frozendiva said:

Looked up the hotel in Chicago. Inexpensive.

I was trying to figure out where they were staying... I couldn't tell from the outside shots.  I know they were on the south branch of the river when they took the boat.  That's the worst view (IMHO), they should have gone north.  I was surprised that they went out in the city, on Fulton no less.  Usually when people on reality shows claim to be going to a "bar in Chicago," they end up at a crappy bar in Rosemont or somewhere in Schaumburg.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

I am also trying to figure it out.  She seems to loathe him, she is so embarrassed by everything he does or says.  He has a horrible voice, and yeah he's not a hot island stud.  Why did she marry the guy?

I think the attraction was that he was the first to express an interest.

They met in Samoa.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

You know, that reminds me.  The first episode, Libby comes home and makes a snide comment like, "What have you been doing all day...nothing?" That's fucking sexist!  Watching your fucking infant is not doing nothing.

That's awful rich coming from Libby who has spent a lifetime mooching off her dad and disguising it as "work"

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

That's awful rich coming from Libby who has spent a lifetime mooching off her dad and disguising it as "work"

I'm convinced Andrei, enjoying his reality show fame, is going to have a few girlfriends on the side.  

• Love 6

I can't remember if it was this episode of the first one, but Angela getting upset at the ring tone was funny.  In the talking head she talks about how it's really hard to regain her trust once you lie...then she said "and Michael's done that several times..."

How hard can it be if he's been busted several times now?  She keeps taking him back!

• Love 7

@LadyoftheLake23, I see your spoiler and raise it by mine: 

Spoiler

Angela and Michael were married January 27, and her mother passed away on February 8th. Angela COULD have come back before Mama passed, especially if she had enough notice to come home in an emergency situation. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I'm all for women doing things that make them feel good about themselves, but I draw the line at this stuff. For one thing, it seems like this would be more for the guy's benefit. My husband could seriously care less.

I just realized that my quotes about Asuelu's "blubbery lips" and the labial rejuvenation were combined, ha ha 

• LOL 11
(edited)
56 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I was trying to figure out where they were staying... I couldn't tell from the outside shots. 

The neon sign outside showed the uninspired name of "Hotel Chicago" which turns out to be part of the Marriott family of "Autograph" hotels and according to their website: "Hotel Chicago is located in the heart of the city’s upscale River North area." 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1

Asuelo is very young and I guess Kalani wanted the marriage because she is a mormon and was pregnant. He is not mature enough for the life he is living.  Let him go Kalani you might be better off, since I am almost sure he does not want to be there.

The Libby sisters are no prizes but Andrei is just insufferable.  If I were the Dad I would not pay one dime for that wedding.  I can't believe he said yes even if she was crying.   I wish they would stop appeasing that bully.  Was he actually talking about celebrities performing at the wedding and it would be expensive?  I really dislike him.  

I hope Angela is okay.  

Coltee, nothing attractive about him at all, that girl really wants a green card. Also, he should just tell Debby and be done with it, he is a grown man after all and she needs to let him live his own life and make his own mistakes.   

Syngin and Tania, what a train wreck, they seem to be very proud of their excessive drinking.  Two idiots who probably deserve each other.  

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

I think the attraction was that he was the first to express an interest.

They met in Samoa.

Another vacation romance/intended one night stand gone awry 

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I know.  I have a soft spot for Angela.  I think she has a good heart.  

She may have a heart but I am sure it is not "good," years of smoking has taken care of that!  

The doctor telling her that having a baby will not be possible without a donor egg made me wonder how Angela could ever afford IVF or a surrogate.  I also wonder how a doctor would not address the obvious health issues Angela has along with her advanced age and the wear and tear of a pregnancy has on a body, how did that doctor not laugh in her face and advise against a pregnancy in any way, shape or form.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I was trying to figure out where they were staying... I couldn't tell from the outside shots.  I know they were on the south branch of the river when they took the boat.  That's the worst view (IMHO), they should have gone north.  I was surprised that they went out in the city, on Fulton no less.  Usually when people on reality shows claim to be going to a "bar in Chicago," they end up at a crappy bar in Rosemont or somewhere in Schaumburg.  

I thought maybe I was the only one who thought that that guy was unattractive.   She's a big Samoan girl she stood her father was from there, and maybe just because hes a big guy. That voice and him talking constantly about his culture and how women should behave.  Warning to other girls/women out there, don't marry someone you don't know!! 

Did anybody else notice how big colty's boobs were riding in the cab with that seat belt on him!!  How he gets women to sleep with him, I'll never understand. I find him absolutely repulsive. And that relationship with his mother is weird and this site of sick.   Her saying that she didn't want him to move out because then should be alone and guilt-tripping him to stay and reject women.  And the new Brazilian woman just wants to stay in the US.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

She may have a heart but I am sure it is not "good," years of smoking has taken care of that!  

The doctor telling her that having a baby will not be possible without a donor egg made me wonder how Angela could ever afford IVF or a surrogate.  I also wonder how a doctor would not address the obvious health issues Angela has along with her advanced age and the wear and tear of a pregnancy has on a body, how did that doctor not laugh in her face and advise against a pregnancy in any way, shape or form.

Her health issues including her weight are a real problem. She is older and I imagine she has diabetes. She is so obese, I'd be stunned if she didn't have it or be pre diabetes. Grossly overweight, Diabetes, 57, And pregnant!

I  hated her before but her interaction with her mother was sad and sweet. I can see why show in on one of those dating sites, she's got her ill mother staying with her and she is caring for her and she's caring for her Grandchildren. It probably is somewhat overwhelming and lonely.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 4

I can sympathize with Libby. She loves Andrei and he wants his baby baptized, and he wants the same respect Libby's brother-in-laws got. They got their dream wedding, so he wants his.

Is Andrei entitled? I'd call him more a hustler. He wants a nice wedding to show his family and friends in Maldova a good time and he's relentless. I think it's very common for people who grew up poor to come off as very greedy. I have a friend exactly like that. She didn't grow up with anything and small things that are normal to most people mean a ton to her, because it makes her feel normal, and she will stop at nothing to achieve it. She insisted on marriage, kids, a house, she's got a good job, she's hustled and fought for all of it. I feel like Andrei is the same way-- he can see someone has the means and he narrows in and pitches hard core until he gets his way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Asuelo is very young and I guess Kalani wanted the marriage because she is a mormon and was pregnant. He is not mature enough for the life he is living.  Let him go Kalani you might be better off, since I am almost sure he does not want to be there.

The Libby sisters are no prizes but Andrei is just insufferable.  If I were the Dad I would not pay one dime for that wedding.  I can't believe he said yes even if she was crying.   I wish they would stop appeasing that bully.  Was he actually talking about celebrities performing at the wedding and it would be expensive?  I really dislike him.  

I hope Angela is okay.  

Coltee, nothing attractive about him at all, that girl really wants a green card. Also, he should just tell Debby and be done with it, he is a grown man after all and she needs to let him live his own life and make his own mistakes.   

Syngin and Tania, what a train wreck, they seem to be very proud of their excessive drinking.  Two idiots who probably deserve each other.  

Kalani iui s norman,  And yet she sleeping with men out of wedlock. They frown upon that.  That's the reason a married girls off at a very young age. You will hear them say, "I'm 19 and not engaged or married yet and my parents are worried."  Btw,  Anyone wanting to read a good book on mormonism, read " Secret Ceremonies."   It is fascinating and some of the practices are so weird they're almost funny.   It is  by a woman who was raised mormon, but eventually leaves the church.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Was he actually talking about celebrities performing at the wedding and it would be expensive?  

I think Sojaboy is available for gigs. He can sing a special song for “Baby Girl Libby” 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

I might be in the minority, but I would totally refuse to go to the Moldavian wedding reenactment. especially with young kids...when my kids were babies if we went on a rare vacation it was somewhere we chose...beach, mountains...I wouldn't drag my family to the middle of Moldavia.  I'd get myself a VRBO on a beach in Maui, and send a gift. sorry, just not that adventurous. I actually side with the breastfeeding sisters on this one.

Karine really lost herself the minute she met Paul. I bet if she gets rid of him, she will get her looks back.  She looks depressed and hopeless, nothing like the girl of a couple years ago.  He destroys everyone around him.

I hope Colty is a little smarter this time around.  She doesn't like sex with him, nobody does. She is just a blow up doll trying to get permanent resident status. She even looks like one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

I might be in the minority, but I would totally refuse to go to the Moldavian wedding reenactment. especially with young kids...when my kids were babies if we went on a rare vacation it was somewhere we chose...beach, mountains...I wouldn't drag my family to the middle of Moldavia.  I'd get myself a VRBO on a beach in Maui, and send a gift. sorry, just not that adventurous. I actually side with the breastfeeding sisters on this one.

Karine really lost herself the minute she met Paul. I bet if she gets rid of him, she will get her looks back.  She looks depressed and hopeless, nothing like the girl of a couple years ago.  He destroys everyone around him.

I hope Colty is a little smarter this time around.  She doesn't like sex with him, nobody does. She is just a blow up doll trying to get permanent resident status. She even looks like one.

I schlepped my babies everywhere-Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, Wales, Hungary, Gibraltar, Ukraine...We had no problems taking them to the "middle of" places. We had fun wherever we were, as long as we were together. And Moldova is beautiful. We're not talking about a rustic tent in the Outback, this is Europe. It has cafes, museums, nice hotels, vineyards, clubs, castles... 

The sisters don't HAVE to go, though. If they're going to be this much trouble then I'd leave them home. This is really about Andrei's family, not Libby's. I'd want her parents to go, if they could, but the rest wouldn't matter that much. Her family already got the wedding and celebration, this is for his. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, LadyoftheLake23 said:

Tania and Syngin: He looks much better with shorter hair.

I think his "long bob" is great and the color is fabulous. He needs to keep/enjoy his hair as long as he can. 

I wonder if his name is truly spelled "Syngin," or TLC just uses that so we pronounce it correctly.   St. John is also pronounced "sin-JIN" in Britain et al.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The doctor telling her that having a baby will not be possible without a donor egg made me wonder how Angela could ever afford IVF or a surrogate. 

Angela has sold herself and her stories to TLC for much longer than we would expect.  She can probably pitch the IFV story and a (by then) 60yr-old woman totin' a baybee.  Of course, TLC will pay...dearly.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

But with all the massive boobs on display I’m sure ratings are nice and  perky.  Let’s face it,  90DF is a TLC cash cow. Execs must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Probably unintentional, right?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

Maybe he can get hired on with a temp agency or something.  He knows Spanish so that has to count for something, maybe he can translate documents. 

Did I miss that?  He knows Spanish...enough to translate documents?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Kayz Opinion said:

IIRC, Paul knows a bit of Spanish but he’s FAR from fluent. I doubt if he can write it. He often substitutes Spanish words for Portuguese. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Andrei has a job - he's a "home stay dad."  LOL.

"Tote" is also a verb.  According to the dictionary, it means to "carry, wield, or convey (something heavy or substantial)."  She says she can "tote" a baby.  Technically, the word fits.  It's weird, but it fits.

You're right his job is a stay at home dad. He just annoys me with how demanding he is. I know that tote is a verb. I just found it weird that she chose that particular verb. I wish her the best of luck with her hopes and dreams of having a baby. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

I'm with you. When my kid was 13 months old, we were on a 12 hour plane ride.  'Longest 12 hours of my life.

I don't think Karine is getting her looks back.  I don't think she ever had them.  She was maybe kind of cute in the beginning but she takes after her dad.  Paul doesn't help for sure, but I think she was heading down that haggard path before he came around.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, spunky said:

I know that tote is a verb. I just found it weird that she chose that particular verb.

She lives in a little Georgia town of fewer than 5,000 people. It's a common Southern verb her people say every day. She might pick some poke salad on the way home from work and tote it home for dinner.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, magemaud said:
6 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

IIRC, Paul knows a bit of Spanish but he’s FAR from fluent. I doubt if he can write it. He often substitutes Spanish words for Portuguese. 

If someone OFFERS him a translating job, he'd probably take it...last until the first break of the day, having struggled through one paragraph--badly.  He needs to be taken* to a state skills center where they can teach him some way to earn a living, anger-management classes, AND get a diagnosis for his mental illness and/or personality disorder.

*This user-loser-mama's boy isn't going to do anything on his own.

• Love 5
(edited)

Moldovan saga:  If the asshole can’t pay for the wedding, tell him NO!   Don’t run to Daddy!  Anddreii needs to get a job!!  A job, job!!  Then he can have as many weddings as he wants.

Coltee and his latest lay:  Coltee is NAUSEATING!!!!  This chick needs to run and run fast!  All he wants from her is to fuck her.  What about that does she not get??  His real relationship is with mommy.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kayz Opinion said:

She lives in a little Georgia town of fewer than 5,000 people. It's a common Southern verb her people say every day. She might pick some poke salad on the way home from work and tote it home for dinner.

Understood.  That's definitely not something I've ever heard someone say here in NYC.

19 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

Tote is a verb, tote is technically correct, but saying tote when referring to pregnancy is hilarious to me. It sounds so weird. It sounds cold and clinical to me. 

I remember a gas station convenience store chain in Orange County, CA called U-Tote-em, it is all I can think of when Big Ang uses the phrase.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Yup.  Toting something means the same as carry.

Except when it doesn't:........ "I carried mother to the dr", carry=took someone somewhere.  You wouldn't tote your mom but you should carry her places😁

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I remember a gas station convenience store chain in Orange County, CA called U-Tote-em, it is all I can think of when Big Ang uses the phrase.

The Texas panhandle has a chain called Toot'n Totum.  I don't even want to think about that one when it comes to pregnancy and nether regions.

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

If someone OFFERS him a translating job, he'd probably take it...last until the first break of the day, having struggled through one paragraph--badly.

his translation skills might produce even more hilarious results than Google Translate. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 6/22/2020 at 11:50 AM, Barbara Please said:

Karine looks completely miserable and has aged before our eyes. 

Hardly the little sexpot in the videos that she sent Pole.  Her face looks lumpy, like if you made a mask out of mashed potatoes or were stung by a swarm of insects.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
On 6/22/2020 at 12:57 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Similar issues with "forte" when talking about a strength.  I can pronounce it correctly and run the risk of people thinking I'm an idiot, or I can pronounce it incorrectly and run the risk of looking like an idiot to someone who is actually a fellow traveler.  So I just don't use it any more.  It's a shame.

Don’t get me started on assuage.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/22/2020 at 12:57 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

There's a scenic town in Colorado called Buena Vista.  The first word is pronounced BYOO-nuh, not BWAY-na, even though "buena vista" is clearly Spanish.  A lady named it, and that's how she pronounced it.  I learned this from reading one of the little markers they put around towns, so I assume it's official.

Is that the town that straddles the border?  I think Disney used to have a subsidiary by that name, maybe the one that issued “romantic” films like the millionaire who wooed the streetwalker.  

On 6/22/2020 at 1:21 PM, RealReality said:

What cash mother pole would get from TLC isn't worth the hassle of trying to extricate Paul and karine from her house. 

Before she even said it, my first thought was "oh no, he is never going to leave if she lets him live there"

She doesn't even sound a little excited about them coming back and I can understand why.  

He couldn't keep a job literally shovelling cow shit.  He is 35 years old and couldn't meet a $26,000 per year earnings threshold.  Has he ever had a long term, full time job?  I don't know, if it hasn't happened by 35, he may not have the capacity.  

Maybe he can get hired on with a temp agency or something.  He knows Spanish so that has to count for something, maybe he can translate documents. 

I think it’s Portuguese which there would be less demand for.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, magemaud said:

I just realized that my quotes about Asuelu's "blubbery lips" and the labial rejuvenation were combined, ha ha 

I sure hope that a botched labial procedure would not result in permanent numbness.

16 hours ago, antfitz said:

Did anybody else notice how big colty's boobs were riding in the cab with that seat belt on him!! 

He needs to lay off the steaks lathered in butter.

• LOL 2
33 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think Disney used to have a subsidiary by that name, maybe the one that issued “romantic” films like the millionaire who wooed the streetwalker.  

WDW's mailing address is "Lake Buena Vista, FL" 

1 minute ago, MrBuhBye said:

There used to be a line of collapsible umbrellas called Totes.

There still is, and besides umbrellas they carry footwear and rainwear. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Is that the town that straddles the border?  I think Disney used to have a subsidiary by that name, maybe the one that issued “romantic” films like the millionaire who wooed the streetwalker.  

Lake Buena Vista is Disney's address in Florida...

PRETTY WOMAN was produced by  Disney's Touchstone Pictures.

Edited by mamadrama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

While I may not have a bidet, I do consider myself a 21st century woman. Still, I'm over these men "outing" the women with sex.

Coltee: We had sex last night.

Ed: We made love last night. 

Maybe they didn't want the world to know. You could've deferred to her. 

• Love 5