Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E23: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

The shocking reunion continues as Andy Cohen gets Scheana to open up about her true problems with Dayna, and Ariana reveals how Lisa Vanderpump helped her through dark depression. Meanwhile, James and Raquel recount his triumphant journey to sobriety, Lala gets called out for being cruel to those who won’t fight back, Danica defends her outburst at the TomTom anniversary, and Stassi, Katie, and Kristen get to the root of the issues that fractured their decade-long friendship.

Airs June 9, 2020.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Hmmm I wonder if Bravo fired them specifically on a Tuesday, hoping more people would watch tonight’s episode...

i'm wondering if they cancel tonight show.  tlc didn't show geoffrey

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

i'm wondering if they cancel tonight show.  tlc didn't show geoffrey

It still shows up on my DVR schedule, but you never know..

(who is Geoffrey?)

33 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

It still shows up on my DVR schedule, but you never know..

(who is Geoffrey?)

he is/was on tlc's 90 day fiance.  he had a bad criminal record (abuse, etc).  they let him film the entire season but didn't allow him to do the reunion.  i was just using him as an example.

i'm sure it would still show up on the dvr schedule as this is just breaking .

• Useful 1

I was a little glad to see Sandoval and Jax mend fences a little straight out of the gate.  I don’t know how much longer this show is going to last, so maybe taking one iota of toxicity out of this trash heap is welcomed.  

Max is such a piece of shit and a liar.  Andy asked him if the trip to Palm Springs was “strictly platonic” and Max said “for the most part.”  The only acceptable answer to that question is “no” when  it turns out that Scheana was giving him oral.  These are awful people.  Scheana came off so poorly in that segment saying that she had a problem with Dayna in the beginning because she was sick of being nice to people.  That’s a really cynical outlook on life, hunnah.  Much worse than the truth, which is that Scheana was just mean to Dayna because she was jealous of Dayna’s relationship with Max, as Scheana was friends with Charli, so her story fell apart.

I agreed with Scheana that a woman should wear a bra to work.  It’s not the same as Danica not wearing underwear.  People can tell when you’re not wearing a bra.  It would be really odd if someone could tell a waitress wasn’t wearing underwear underneath a dress.  Unless it’s some other type of restaurant, which might be an interesting scene change.  

So Katie isn’t mean-girling James at this season’s reunion.  A lot of growth shown there, Katie.  But Scheana was completely right that James should apologize to Kristen, as there was footage of him screaming at her less than an hour ago.  What was up with James sarcastically saying “thanks a lot” to Scheana?  If he’s in AA, he’s supposed to be about honesty, and if he did yell at Kristen—which he did—he probably should genuinely thank Scheana for pointing it out so he can own his part in it.  Methinks James may not be as far along in his sober journey as he thinks he is.  

Wow, Kristen, Raquel is so lovely that she’s on her way to becoming as lovely as Brittany?  No words.  

What’s up with Andy asking Lala why the Fofty stuff didn’t play out on the show and Lala said it was when they weren’t filming then and Andy is nodding like crazy, practically drooling, going, “right,” like he was so glad she was reciting the party line.  It reminded me of last week when Andy brought up the “racially inappropriate” texts of Max and Brett.  It feels like Andy is trying to cover his ass here in some way, like he wants to mention things without mentioning them.  I’m not about that life.  I’m from the school of “mention it all.”  

Lala characterizing Scheana as wearing a “slutty JoJo Siwa pony” on the after show was good as gold!  I refused to watch this bulllshit after show, but maybe I have been seriously missing out. 

Scheana, I’ve been on your side in general, but you don’t get to claim the “nice girl” title anymore.  Not when you just said that you weren’t nice to Dayna because you didn’t feel like being nice to new people anymore.  Pick a lane, toots.  I think Scheana wants us all just to throw in the towel of logic and reason and feel pity for her because she’s been pathetic these last few seasons.  That’s really not how I look at things.  If you were an asshole, you have to accept it and apologize and only then can we move on.  

“Katie, have you been getting some knitting done [during quarantine]?”  This is just like the season, so boring.  I’m embarrassed for the show that they felt it necessary to air quarantine shenanigans at a pretty considerable length.  There’s just nothing to talk about with this Dumpster fire of a show.  

Flat Iron is like Kristen in that they are really there for their friends, and I think I would put up with a lot of shit from someone that loyal, so I don’t like to see Jax act so ungrateful to Tom about Jax’s wedding.  That part is just not true.  Sandoval and Kristen will rally for their friends.  I don’t really believe anything anyone says to the contrary.  

I have no interest in what Brett or Danica have to say at this point.  

• Love 9

Kristen was the only one who took responsibility for her behavior this whole hour when she said that she was wrong for talking about Schwartz fucking around on Katie and that it was “a low blow.”  

Why the fuck is Lisa chiming in about Kristen, nodding emphatically about how much Kristen vents and muttering “exactly” when Beau—who is her actual friend—was cataloging Kristen’s behavior?  Lisa and Kristen have nothing to do with each other.  Lisa fired Kristen in season four.  Lisa would be much better served to stay out of the Kristen situation.  It just makes her look like a bully.

When they did that flashback to last season’s reunion, I can’t believe how much better Stassi looked last year.  Completely different nose last year in a better way.  Her hair also looked like shit for this reunion.  This is not a natural beauty, never has been.  This is a woman who needs a makeup artist, stylist and hair dresser on hand at all times.  

I think Katie and Kristen will make up at some point in the future.  Katie was sounding reasonable for a second there, and Kristen was receiving it.  Stassi is the one making this thing toxic, I think.  

The only time I liked Andy was when he seemed to get really annoyed that Jax and Brittney’s dogs were barking.  I seconded him there.  They live in a giant house.  They could have put the dogs in a basement for a bunch of hours to film a TV show without interruption.  Everyone else has dogs, and no one else’s dogs barked.  I found that disruptive and unprofessional, so of course it came from Jax and Brittany’s camp.

What’s sad about Kristen’s life according to James?  How is she not moving on?  She bought a very nice home and she’s in a relationship.  How is she doing worse than Katie and Stassi?  Katie is in a sexless marriage and Stassi had to bully her boyfriend into proposing.  Kristen’s at least living her own life, so...fail, James.  He always has to get in a dig at Kristen.  Andy never should have even tried to get James’s opinion about her.  James is completely nonobjective when it comes to Kristen.  For a very long time after they broke up, he was pursuing her and and she was just living her life and it drove him crazy and he kept poking at her.  

I’m not enamored by Kristen by a long shot.  She was trying to gain attention for her tumultuous relationship with Carter and it came back to bite her.  But everyone continuously going in on her for having a shitty relationship and being kinda open about it seems unfair and uncalled for.  The people I hate on the most—Jax, Brittany, Ariana and more recently, Scheana—are probably the only ones who have been decent enough to let her make mistakes and not act like she has to be flogged for it.  

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Methinks James may not be as far along in his sober journey as he thinks he is.

Exactly. Drunk or sober he's a little fuckface twerp and if this show lasts another season he'll be the same. Lala is sober (apparently). She's still an awful person. And so is James. I will NEVER be here for his redemption arc.

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Lala characterizing Scheana as wearing a “slutty JoJo Siwa pony” on the after show was good as gold!  I refused to watch this bulllshit after show, but maybe I have been seriously missing out.

Hehe I see what you did there 😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

The only time I liked Andy was when he seemed to get really annoyed that Jax and Brittney’s dogs were barking.  I seconded him there.  They live in a giant house.  They could have put the dogs in a basement for a bunch of hours to film a TV show without interruption.

Why do I get the weird feeling these people aren't really doing this via Zoom on web cams? :-D

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Was I the only one raising my glass of wine every time they showed the three-way split screen of Katie/Kristen/Stassi and loudly cheering that "Two thirds of your asses were fired. Suck it!"? I also laughed and cheered and flipped off the TV when Brett and Max appeared. Sucks to suck, assholes. 

I hope next Tuesday morning, we have another round of people getting shit-canned. We can start with Jax and Brittany and go onto to Lala on her 2020 Apology Tour. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, shellbell1015 said:

Now that Stassi, Kristen, Max and Brett just got canned from the show, this will be an interesting episode to watch.

It was very interesting to watch in light of today's announcement.

I don't think there was enough time for Andy to make a comment before the show started.

• Love 1

It shouldn't take long for this show to die - it is circling the drain right now.  

The people who are now left are all horrible with the exception of the Toms, and I don't dislike Peter, but I certainly don't want to be stuck watching a full hour of them. 

I was living for the stink face Jax was giving. He is seething with jealousy and just barely contained rage and is his own worst enemy. He really thinks the world is out to get him, and he has done nothing to deserve it. Poor poor baby.

The British wanker might be sober but I suspect he still has a lot of work to do on himself, otherwise he will be a dry drunk and that is no way to live. And the same can be said for Lala.

I would love to know why Danica thought it was her place to insert herself in conversations that were no concern of hers. I just cannot stand her or Charli and will not watch another season if we are stuck with them and Scheana. At this point, I would rather watch a show about Vanderpump dogs, swans and horses.

I laughed and laughed when Andy intro'd a segment as Real housewives and the look of horror on LVP's face. This is what it has come down to.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I feel like I missed something. At the beginning, didn’t they tease Kristen declaring she was out? And... she didn’t, right? Because we have another week of this lukewarm DoorDashed hamburger mess? 

I learned that the Foul Four were tossed off the show right before watching. So as I watched, I did keep wondering about new alliances and how they’d retool. Going by Night 2 of this reunion, we definitely won’t be missing much with the loss of Max and Brett; but with Kristen gone, who will be the designated whipping post? Scheana’s prod to James re: an apology to Kristen was right—even if ill advised—but as they say, James, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks... you have a long way to go in your personal evolution if you still react like that to someone you dated YEARS ago and, aside from the show, have no need to interact with, let alone erupt at. I mean, even Sandoval—whom she dated for way longer—manages to keep things fairly civil.

I feel like Britney and Jax’s interrupting, yappy dogs are somehow emblematic of their relationship, but I’m not sure how yet. Maybe they’re just following after Jax’s behavior (“You, alright? I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!”)

• Love 4
(edited)

They will have to reinvent the show by bringing in new characters. It was a misfire with the two guys but the three new woman have potential. They need to get back to the dynamics at the restaurant and leave the Leave it to Beaver suburbia stuff alone.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 3
(edited)

I agreed with Scheana that a woman should wear a bra to work.  It’s not the same as Danica not wearing underwear.  People can tell when you’re not wearing a bra.

While I would wear a bra to work, I can't agree. Going without is not a sanitary/health issue (though lack of underwear may be) and it hurts no one. And why on earth does it matter if "people can tell"? 

Does Max think that a blowjob on a "platonic" getaway is akin to when actors do a love scene?

I am not on board with referring to people as "slutty" based on attire or hair or anything superficial like that.* But if I did, I might have to find Lala pretty hypocritical in her assessment of Scheana.

*Actually, I don't think I find the notion of "slut" valid at all.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8

It didn't escape my notice that suddenly everyone - including the people who spent a grand total of two hours in the same room with her once this season, like Stassi - was Team Raquel. Clearly the break from filming the After Show until the zoom reunion was filmed was long enough for the rest of the cast to see that Raquel was one of the fan favourite cast members this season and last night they were all talking about how sweet and kind Raquel was, not unlike how they used to say that about Brittney at the reunions in the past. It was a nice if not transparent attempt to curry favour with the fanbase but also a little too late for some of them. 

• Love 12

I thought Jax was going to spontaneously combust when Lisa was talking about how happy she was with her business association with the Toms and mentioning their fundraiser for their employees.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

It didn't escape my notice that suddenly everyone - including the people who spent a grand total of two hours in the same room with her once this season, like Stassi - was Team Raquel. Clearly the break from filming the After Show until the zoom reunion was filmed was long enough for the rest of the cast to see that Raquel was one of the fan favourite cast members this season and last night they were all talking about how sweet and kind Raquel was, not unlike how they used to say that about Brittney at the reunions in the past. It was a nice if not transparent attempt to curry favour with the fanbase but also a little too late for some of them. 

Haha, fan favourite is a low bar with this cast. Her brilliant statement about how she is too young and pretty to put up with bullshit from the others said it all for me. Looks and age don't last forever. This coming from her is rich - she speaks like she is reading off of hooked on phonics flash cards. LA values are really something else.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
(edited)

I have a question about the bra thing: is it even legal for an employer to inquire as to whether an employee is wearing a bra? Or anything that goes under one's clothing that is presumably not supposed to be visible.

There used to be a skirt length rule at my old job--nothing shorter than X-amount above the knee without some form of pants, e.g., leggings as opposed to mere tights. But they dropped it because it was unenforceable unless someone's legs were also bare; if you had on a short skirt with boots that covered the ankle, no one could know for sure whether you had on leggings proper or opaque tights. And they couldn't ask you to prove it either.

Edited by TattleTeeny
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

I thought Jax was going to spontaneously combust when Lisa was talking about how happy she was with her business association with the Toms and mentioning their fundraiser for their employees.  

I really admired them for that.  Meanwhile Jax and his bride Corncob are spending their time devising and engaging in the Imbecile Olympics.  

Wonder if Jax and Corncob are worried today.  I can see a Zoom meeting at Bravo telling Lisa that VPR is going to be cancelled in it's present form and coming back as "TomTom Beat" and as of now the core cast will be the Toms, Arianna, Katie, James and Raquel.  As to the rest of the cast, they're still looking around.  Heh, the minute Jax hears that, he and Corncob will be on the phone to Sandoval and Arianna, telling them "hey, you know we were just kidding about how much we hate you guys at the reunion, right?  RIGHT??"

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

I seem to be alone but I do not think James owes Kristen anything because she has in the past been extremely vile to him from the second that they broke up. And didn't she start that whole fight on Pride Day that landed him in such hot water? She goes out of her way to be cruel to people like it's her job when she feels slighted. She did the same thing to Tom and she takes her anger to their workplaces. I was watching season 2 yesterday on Bravo and she was so fucking annoying, acting crazy with regard to Tom as she did this past season with Carter.

James is very snarky and I'm there for it. He doesn't have to completely transform his personality because he stopped drinking. That said, I know some of the stuff he says is mean. Tom Sandoval is probably the only one on the show who rarely says mean things to people.

I was tearing up a bit, too, when they were talking about James's road to recovery. Everyone was except Jealous Jax and Krazy Kristen.

Jax is about 50 different shades of green jealous because a) Lisa truly does love James and b) she also genuinely adores the Toms and now with the firings, the show will likely revolve a lot more around TomTom, which will drive him insane. Brittany is really starting to show her true colors more openly, muttering at the end that she can't stand Tom and Ariana, whose house I wish we'd seen more of.

What skills does Brittany have other than waitressing? 

I doubt the firings will be addressed on the final installation of the reunion as they likely did it all in one sitting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

That’s when you could really see the hate lol. 

2 hours ago, lizajane said:

Haha, fan favourite is a low bar with this cast. Her brilliant statement about how she is too young and pretty to put up with bullshit from the others said it all for me. Looks and age don't last forever. This coming from her is rich - she speaks like she is reading off of hooked on phonics flash cards. LA values are really something else.  

I felt the same as you regarding Raquels speech until I read on another forum that she was in a car accident and had a brain injury. Apparently, the way she speaks is a part of the injury. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I really admired them for that.  Meanwhile Jax and his bride Corncob are spending their time devising and engaging in the Imbecile Olympics.  

Wonder if Jax and Corncob are worried today.  I can see a Zoom meeting at Bravo telling Lisa that VPR is going to be cancelled in it's present form and coming back as "TomTom Beat" and as of now the core cast will be the Toms, Arianna, Katie, James and Raquel.  As to the rest of the cast, they're still looking around.  Heh, the minute Jax hears that, he and Corncob will be on the phone to Sandoval and Arianna, telling them "hey, you know we were just kidding about how much we hate you guys at the reunion, right?  RIGHT??"

I think they’re gonna spin it to TomTom as well. 

1 hour ago, politichick said:

I seem to be alone but I do not think James owes Kristen anything because she has in the past been extremely vile to him from the second that they broke up.

No, you're not alone.  James may have done some crap stuff, and he admits it.  Kristen celebrated when he lost his job and her taking her posse (and Jax) to his non-SUR gigs to cause trouble and get him fired.  So no, she isn't owed shit by James.

Wonder if there's video of James dancing when he and Raquel read that Kristen was fired.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

How did Raquel become one of my favs?

I may be totally alone in this, but I think all of Kristen, Katie and Lala looked absolutely beautiful. They really are very pretty women. 

Jax- green is not your color. Jealous much? My lord.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

I felt the same as you regarding Raquels speech until I read on another forum that she was in a car accident and had a brain injury. Apparently, the way she speaks is a part of the injury. 

Ahh, I wasn't aware of that. Will try to be nicer if I ever watch this again.

Edited by lizajane
Bloody typo
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, lizajane said:

Ahh, I wasn't aware of that. Will try to be nicer if I ever watch this again.

I didn't know this either. I will not make fun of her speech anymore now that I'm aware of this.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, HeddaGabler said:

I didn't know this either. I will not make fun of her speech anymore now that I'm aware of this.

What does it say about me that I didn’t realize she had a speech impediment?

• Love 2
18 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

Would you mind providing a link? I googled “Raquel Leviss car accident” and couldn’t find anything. Thank you!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Wondering if Brittany called Faith nappy-haired? Brittany is denying but I don’t recall seeing her say anything like that on the show. Maybe a text?! 

It wasn’t on the show, Faith said she said it in a call when she called to cuss Faith out for sleeping with Jax. Brittany admits the cal happened but denies she said that word.