Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Tell All Part 2

• Start Topic

I was trying to read the certificates behind ed, but my eyes just couldn't make them out.  did he receive an education somewhere?

he is literally a toad. ED the TOAD, but not a cute Toad like Mr. Toad.  A nasty Jabba the Hut Toad. 

his daughter is lovely, considering this pathetic man is her father.  what an embarrassment he is.

• Love 4

I don't think Lana ever spoke to David, she was just a photo representing her agency...and some man sitting in his underwear drinking vodka stays up all night to correspond with the idiot Americans.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, 2dogmom said:

I was trying to read the certificates behind ed, but my eyes just couldn't make them out.  did he receive an education somewhere?

He claimed to be an interior architect, which in California does not technically require a 4 year degree, he almost certainly has one to hold that job. California doesn't even technically require you to have a J.D. to join the bar and practice as an attorney, but for obvious reasons it is exceedingly rare.

But I know plenty of people that hold 4 year degrees from accredited universities or even advanced degrees that are some of the dumbest people I have ever met, like, shockingly dumb and incompetent and also plenty of people in jobs that typically require a degree, even a specific degree, that don't have one so, who can say.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, neh said:

If I were a black man, I would not come to this country right now. Usman's mother must be freaking out. She worried that he would be a slave. Now she must be worried that he would be shot.

Numerous countries and advocacy groups have current warnings (and some have for years) warning against travel to the US because of "gun culture" and racially motivated violence.  Mama is right to worry.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Darcey: "I'm a strong woman."

No, you're not. Anyone who has to say they are strong is NOT strong. People that are truly strong (physically, mentally, or whatever you mean with your statement) never EVER need to say they are strong...their actions speak louder than words.

Darcey...zip it. You are not strong. You are very, very weak...in so many ways. Keep propping yourself up but until you resolve a few of your many issues, no decent man will want to get anywhere near you.

For Darcy & (Stacy)...when/if pangs of the past creep up to overwhelm you....

FEMALE INNER STRENGTH QUOTES:

https://www.google.com/search?q=female+inner+strength+quotes&sa=X&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS504US504&sxsrf=ALeKk03c_g3Qfaiv8s7nJ-arHgXJR2aigg:1591750209887&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=BnoTkcSuEe_BqM%3A%2CTBQlFMRTfg3SXM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSt9PKmhSe3vPUjdBNxdPXqik7VHw&ved=2ahUKEwjXgtPOg_bpAhWxQTABHfuZAtYQ9QEwAHoECAoQEA&biw=1680&bih=939#imgrc=uE-7MiaihdehCM

A few faves...

"She needed a hero,

So that's what she Became"

"She wore her scars as her best attire. A

stunning dress made

of hellfire."

* "When she laughed

she was beautiful

when she cried

she was beautiful

but, when she was

determined

she was sexy as Hell."

-Matt Baker

Alice&Lynn ('mature' ;-> identical twins...nyc)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

What were those pieces of "artwork" on the wall to Ed's right?  One looked like a cartoon girl in a tutu, done in the style of sad clown art.  Does he live with his mother?

7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

1.  Do you inwardly scream, "The Smith's WHAT????"

Since the sign is often hanging on the trailer tongue, I assume it's referring to the RV owned by someone named The Smith.  And then I wonder why anyone would ever name a child The Smith, but don't really wonder why someone named The Smith would be traveling alone. 

And then I think of Williams, and the torture inflicted on that name if Williams ever possesses anything.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

On the Day 2 Leak, Shawn asked Usman how he wanted his name pronounced and that is why she was saying it the way she did; that's how he wanted it pronounced.

Ed has a Masters Degree in Architecture and another undergraduate degree in architecture and something similar. He had posted photos of himself when he was younger and with his daughter and some were of his graduation.

Geoffrey, Varya and Mary are never appearing on this show again. Geoffrey, Vayra and Rose have all said they are going to make YouTube videos of the things they didn't get to show on the show, but Geoffrey and Varya have said it is on hold because it was pointed out to them that it wasn't allowed under their NDA, which is still in effect, and I'm guessing the same is true of Rose, who cannot lose her $10k pay. Maybe after it expires they will post something.

The only one I may listen to is Rose's. Varya has burned her bridge with me and I don't care about anything Geoffrey has to say. The Couples Forum has their accounts if anyone wants to follow them to get their side of being cut from the Tell Nothing.

• Love 1
On 6/8/2020 at 8:12 PM, Irritable said:

I guess my favorite part was when David insisted that he and Lana are definitely still engaged, but they are no longer together. 

Or maybe it was when David said the reason he used the pay site to talk to Lana and other women was to ensure he WASN’T being scammed. He is unbelievably dense, a total lost cause.

And he claims to be a millionaire by doing taxes.  If I was one of his customers I would feel frauded by his crazy delusional clown and pray I don't get audited.

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

What were those pieces of "artwork" on the wall to Ed's right?  One looked like a cartoon girl in a tutu, done in the style of sad clown art.  Does he live with his mother?

I am SO glad you brought this up/ not good advertising for Ed if he is indeed a decorator

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TzuShih said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=female+inner+strength+quotes&sa=X&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS504US504&sxsrf=ALeKk03c_g3Qfaiv8s7nJ-arHgXJR2aigg:1591750209887&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=BnoTkcSuEe_BqM%3A%2CTBQlFMRTfg3SXM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSt9PKmhSe3vPUjdBNxdPXqik7VHw&ved=2ahUKEwjXgtPOg_bpAhWxQTABHfuZAtYQ9QEwAHoECAoQEA&biw=1680&bih=939#imgrc=uE-7MiaihdehCM

A few faves...

"She needed a hero,

stunning dress made

of hellfire."

* "When she laughed

she was beautiful

when she cried

she was beautiful

but, when she was

determined

she was sexy as Hell."

-Matt Baker

Oh, lawd, please don't encourage them. The last thing Darcey and Stacey need are more inspirational quotes!

• LOL 5

I think I might understand David a little more after this. During the season, the way David sounded was like he had this girlfriend that loved him and he loved her in the Ukraine. Because she was so shy and helpless, she relied on an internet site to connect her with people to talk to. 

But after the tell all, David is much more in the know than he let on before. That's probably why he wouldn't listen to anyone-- he wasn't telling them the whole story. After the tell all, David pretty much said that Lana is on these sites and talks to so many men it's hard for her to know who is legit and who isn't. He knows she is getting paid, and that she is looking for a man with money,  and he's very aware that is her on all the sites. He was trying to save face a bit and not admit she was mail order.

I noticed David's slam to Ed, who mocked the money he's spent. David said, "It's not a poor man's game" to Ed, which did shut him up.

Ed's house is the smallest house I've ever seen. Is that a tiny house? Leave it to Ed to try to be a cheap as possible.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 6/8/2020 at 7:26 PM, Pondlass1 said:

I don’t understand these Nigerian (Usman, Michael) men thinking 50+ old (hags) women are still able to conceive? It just doesn’t compute?

giphy.gif

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, cynicat said:

Ugh, I don't want to say this about Tom but I don't think his behavior about the screen shot was wrong, considering Ash lied about it.  That may be the only time I'll ever write those words about him.

I like Avery in general, but she also talks in circles with a lot of  mindfulness double-talk.  The difference is that sometimes she can be serious and focus on reality, while Ash never stops sounding like he's reading from some bad pop psychology book.  By the way, how funny is it that he kept denying that he was a liar and then admitted to blatantly lying about the screen shot because he was jealous.  

I agree, when she and/or ash start up with that, I just want to scream "speak plain!"

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Ugh, I don't want to say this about Tom but I don't think his behavior about the screen shot was wrong, considering Ash lied about it.  That may be the only time I'll ever write those words about him.

I thought it was weird that people expected Avery to apologize to Tom.  She needed to say, "I was angry at Tom because ASH LIED AND SAID TOM SENT A SCREENSHOT;" and then Shaun should have asked Ash to apologize to Tom.

So many opportunities for interesting talk which were missed. 

If I were Shaun I would have told Ed to stop his guffawing, unlimited commentary and to give his dog a treat and put it down.  I would have told Lisa to put her damn finger down and stop interrupting everyone (and swearing). I would have told Tom I didn't think he was cool, despite his taking a break and smoking on screen. I also would have totally called Tom out on his denial that he wanted to move in on Avery (and his trying to make his "contact" with Lisa an equivalent gesture). 

David puzzled me because he continued to defend Lana throughout the entire thing (even the fingernails thing, which is ludicrous. (Didn't she have a phone when they showed the scenes of her at the coffee shop, when she was introduced?) For someone "poor" and "shy," Lana was very neatly put together and interested in high-end shopping. But then at the end David was like, "nope, we aren't together."  Oh well. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Since the sign is often hanging on the trailer tongue, I assume it's referring to the RV owned by someone named The Smith.  And then I wonder why anyone would ever name a child The Smith, but don't really wonder why someone named The Smith would be traveling alone. 

And then I think of Williams, and the torture inflicted on that name if Williams ever possesses anything.

Perhaps it’s a mobile blacksmith’s shop.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I thought it was weird that people expected Avery to apologize to Tom.  She needed to say, "I was angry at Tom because ASH LIED AND SAID TOM SENT A SCREENSHOT;" and then Shaun should have asked Ash to apologize to Tom.

Well according to her Ash lies about everything so if he blames something on a third party why accept that at face value?

1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

If I were Shaun I would have told Ed to stop his guffawing, unlimited commentary and to give his dog a treat and put it down.

Euthanasia is a bit much even for a tell all.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Ed not letting up on Dave or Rose made me ill, especially Rose. But when he wouldn't let up on Dave it was just Ed grandstanding for attention. It was Ed's " Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" moment & TLC just gave it to him.  I hate Shaun Robinson she never had any control and cannot run this shit show. 

Sit down Ed and STFU. 

On the leaked tell all, Shaun told Ed he was good TV and he just preened. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I said this in the chat and I'll say this again, I know why Usman is with Lisa (green card, until he realized his life would be a hellscape), but what is in it for BGL? She's married to a guy who isn't with her, they have been fighting from day one for control of each other, now he wants another wife? And she bursts a blood vessel everytime a woman sends him an emoji. I seriously don't get it. 

She wanted what she considers a hot man, the only way she can get one is by having something to bribe him with (green card). She figured he would be grateful enough to her that he would let her boss him around. She got more than she bargained for because Usman stands up to her.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TzuShih said:

A few faves...

"She needed a hero,

stunning dress made

of hellfire."

* "When she laughed

she was beautiful

when she cried

she was beautiful

but, when she was

determined

she was sexy as Hell."

-Matt Baker

I am just stating here, in this forum, among peeps, if anyone pulls out the "Women are like tea bags, you never know their strength until they are in hot water"......I am SO over that one!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Remember that ? Usually it is lawful or lawfully wedded wife but this guy kept saying lovely wife. What a hoot.

I thought "lovely" also.  My wife watched some and saw this scene was convinced the administrator was saying "lawfully."

17 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Still waiting for explanation why G and V were not there. I thought for sure they would say something in the way of explaining.... so yeah, maybe they are on next week?

I read on a tea site that G and V were not on the finale due to some viewer poll.  I kinda doubt that but possibly it's so.  If it was true my mind goes that TLC would brag about it, they they "listened", but since the subject is a bad one for them maybe they indeed would just keep silent.  The truth is maybe in the middle, they listened and decided to bury it.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am just stating here, in this forum, among peeps, if anyone pulls out the "Women are like tea bags, you never know their strength until they are in hot water"......I am SO over that one!!!

I never heard that one.  That's baaaaad!  Bwahahahaha!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

Numerous countries and advocacy groups have current warnings (and some have for years) warning against travel to the US because of "gun culture" and racially motivated violence.  Mama is right to worry.

But, gun culture here or not, the murder rate in Nigeria is a lot higher then the USA. 

A lot of people do seem to want to come to the USA for whatever list of reasons, but including that it's safer here than where they live.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Christina said:

On the Day 2 Leak, Shawn asked Usman how he wanted his name pronounced and that is why she was saying it the way she did; that's how he wanted it pronounced.

Oh wow, so "Us-Man" was the correct way of saying his name and his shrew wife has been saying it wrong the whole time?

• Love 4
(edited)

usman and his friends are really articulate, they speak clearer english than most americans, including my college age children. he seems to actually think about his words before speaking, and his voice is always clear and well modulated. i have no idea about the nigerian education system, and he does not seem to be from  any kind of wealth...but someone taught him well  

give him citizenship without ties to lisa, i think he would be a successful man, if he gives up his dream of being a rapper. 

Edited by 2dogmom
  • Love 11
(edited)

English is the official language in Nigeria. Students study English and in English from kindergarten upwards. The system of education is based on the British System.  Although official, is not the first language of many, the local dialect is.

I know several Nigerians studying in or having emigrated to Canada (mostly scientists & engineers, men and women).  The rich can always go to university, but the top-scoring poor students have their way paid by the government, particularly those with an aptitude for science, technology & engineering.  The go-getters like Usman & his friends, who want to get ahead, make sure they perfect their English, including nuances, like humour and puns.  Whereas people who are content with the status quo don't bother.  

I normally hate puns, but two Nigerians I know are great at coming up with them, normally involving words that perplexed them when they first heard them since they were thinking of the more common word's meaning.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, KateHearts said:

So many opportunities for interesting talk which were missed. 

If I were Shaun I would have told Ed to stop his guffawing, unlimited commentary and to give his dog a treat and put it down.  I would have told Lisa to put her damn finger down and stop interrupting everyone (and swearing). I would have told Tom I didn't think he was cool, despite his taking a break and smoking on screen. I also would have totally called Tom out on his denial that he wanted to move in on Avery (and his trying to make his "contact" with Lisa an equivalent gesture). 

David puzzled me because he continued to defend Lana throughout the entire thing (even the fingernails thing, which is ludicrous. (Didn't she have a phone when they showed the scenes of her at the coffee shop, when she was introduced?) For someone "poor" and "shy," Lana was very neatly put together and interested in high-end shopping. But then at the end David was like, "nope, we aren't together."  Oh well. 

Oh you would get my vote to replace Shaun.  I particularly dislike it when she's rolling her eyes and making sounds of disgust like she can't believe she has to deal with something so far beneath her.  It might not be a reflection of my better self but there are questions I'd like to hear answers to.  Might not be my business but then again these people have opened up their business for all to see and speculate on.  Just saying.

18 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Ed not letting up on Dave or Rose made me ill, especially Rose. But when he wouldn't let up on Dave it was just Ed grandstanding for attention. It was Ed's " Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" moment & TLC just gave it to him.  I hate Shaun Robinson she never had any control and cannot run this shit show. 

Sit down Ed and STFU. 

totally agree

ed should just slink back to the little mole hill he crawled out of

and do we think shaun thinks she is doing a good job?  is she related to the show's producers or someone to have this gig when she is so bad at it?

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, deirdra said:

English is the official language in Nigeria. Students study English and in English from kindergarten upwards. The system of education is based on the British System.  Although official, is not the first language of many, the local dialect is.

I know several Nigerians studying in or having emigrated to Canada (mostly scientists & engineers, men and women).  The rich can always go to university, but the top-scoring poor students have their way paid by the government, particularly those with an aptitude for science, technology & engineering.  The go-getters like Usman & his friends, who want to get ahead, make sure they perfect their English, including nuances, like humour and puns.  Whereas people who are content with the status quo don't bother.  

thank you for your answer.  it is embarrassing to hear how we speak in comparison to him.  I don't know much about Nigeria, but it seems to be a country filled with chaos and unspeakable poverty...yet somehow he and those he has introduced speak beautfully and don't use the F word every other sentence...and they are obviously not wealthy. 

he would do well outside of that country.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Well according to her Ash lies about everything so if he blames something on a third party why accept that at face value?

You can tell when Asshat is lying. His lips are moving and his eyes get real buggy.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

You can tell when Asshat is lying. His lips are moving and his eyes get real buggy.

are his eyes ever not buggy? I must have blinked and missed that

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, cinsays said:

are his eyes ever not buggy? I must have blinked and missed that

That's because he's lying all the time. What's the old saying about a joke? If you have to explain it, it's not very funny.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I thought "lovely" also.  My wife watched some and saw this scene was convinced the administrator was saying "lawfully."

I watch EVERYTHING with closed captioning and whoever was inputting the conversation also must have heard it as "lovely" and didn't both Lisa and Usman repeat the word "lovely" after the officiant in their vows? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Oh wow, so "Us-Man" was the correct way of saying his name and his shrew wife has been saying it wrong the whole time?

I didn't see the leak, so just how did Usman want his name pronounced? All along his friends have pronounced it more like "OOOHS-mahn" but BGL says it "UHSS-man" (in fact when we first "met" Lisa, I thought she was saying "busman" or "husban") 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Those are relatively rare.  Much more common is putting out a sign with their name on it, and 99.9% of those will have that damnable misplaced apostrophe:  The Smith's.

Hey now.  Somebody has to do it, and in this duo, it's me.  I don't mind it because usually it's the men who do it, and I'm all for reversing gender roles.  Plus I know that nothing anyone does in a campground goes unnoticed by neighbors, and I like messing with their minds.  They'd explode if they saw a young looker like Lana doing it.

Just a data point--I didn't go through menopause until I was 60.  That said, I'm pretty sure that any baby I managed to conceive toward the end there would have been a real fright.  But there was still some plumbing hanging in there.

Insert joke about borrowing some from Darcey.

I agree that Tom wasn't being forthright, but if you have very marginal cell service, you can sometimes text but not call, because texts kind of queue up and can go out or come in when a signal shows up just for a little tiny bit, while a call needs a constant signal.

My life is complete.

There’s another human being on this planet that knows that stupid apostrophe does not belong in the plural of last names.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
23 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I would have thought after David presents his grand story about Lana and Her Fingernails, that maybe Darcy or Steph would have chimed in with a "LOOK AT MY NAILS.  I TEXT JUST FINE." 

But we didn't get that because this season... we can't have a single redeeming quality about it.

I remember earlier in the Tell All that they showed the video of Erika deleting her dating app after Steph had a hissy fit over it... I couldn’t help but notice how long erika’s nails were and how easily she manipulated the phone (because that skill is so important in 2020). Then David’s comment sounded even more ridiculous to me.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

Of course, the truth is the “gun culture” they worry about is a very, very large section of people that are extremely responsible and legal gun owners who threaten no one. And I’m going to guess Usman’s chance of randomly being shot simply for his race alone is not as high as some people will say.

• Love 5
On 6/9/2020 at 1:38 PM, slaterain said:

ON 6/9/2020 AT 1:36 PM, MR. MINER SAID:

And when he finds you he is going to walk up in a leather trench coat, hug you and go Mmmmmmmmm!

I had the TV on in the background while I was working from home today, don't even know what the program was but there was a commercial that played several times for HoneyNut Cheerios with a part that said "Mmmmmmmm." I finally had to change programs, every time I heard it made my skin crawl thinking of David and his trench coat, groping and making that sound. 🤮 I'm afraid HoneyNut Cheerios has been ruined for me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

But, gun culture here or not, the murder rate in Nigeria is a lot higher then the USA. 

A lot of people do seem to want to come to the USA for whatever list of reasons, but including that it's safer here than where they live.

Excellent points.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Leilani said:

And he claims to be a millionaire by doing taxes.  If I was one of his customers I would feel frauded by his crazy delusional clown and pray I don't get audited.

Doing taxes is a side gig. Most likely his money comes from the multiple investment properties he owns around Clark County. His government job pays well, too. But yeah, no way I'd let such a dingbat have a gander at my finances. I'm not even sure he should be allowed out of the house without a home health aide. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Doing taxes is a side gig. Most likely his money comes from the multiple investment properties he owns around Clark County. His government job pays well, too. But yeah, no way I'd let such a dingbat have a gander at my finances. I'm not even sure he should be allowed out of the house without a home health aide. 

From the looks of it, David owns significant stock in ocean spray.  He may have just cornered the market on bottled juices and will make a million bucks selling them when people start panic buying juice. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Never married, no kids, I can see him saving up a tidy nest egg. I don't think unicycles cost that much.

Edited by Gobi
  • LOL 8
29 minutes ago, RealReality said:

From the looks of it, David owns significant stock in ocean spray.  He may have just cornered the market on bottled juices and will make a million bucks selling them when people start panic buying juice. 

I admit to buying lots of cranberry juice, probably 10 or 12 bottles in the early pandemic days.  I thought we would be locked in our home with no vitamin C! we ended up drinking lots of margaritas with cranberry juice and vodka cranberry....

• LOL 3
  • Love 2