Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Couples Cam

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Perhaps this is true of Keith and Kristine, but I don't believe that of Steph and AJ - they live to travel. And I also don't believe it of Jamie and Beth either.

My suspicions also have to do with the timing of the travel - all of them suddenly deciding to do it at the same time, as if production said, "We know you're going stir crazy and a lot of the audience is getting outside now, so we want to show you doing things outdoors.  If you miss family or friends, or just need a vacation we'll pay for your expenses".  Notice that so far the families with children haven't gone anywhere.  This is no coincidence, I'm sure.  Production probably thought the scenes with the child-free couples were getting boring and so when a lot of places in the country started opening up they encouraged them to do whatever they had been wanting to do for months while stuck inside the house.  I actually think that Steph and AJ probably would have started traveling earlier but were taking their cues from production as to when.  As to where, if production is paying or at least contributing I'm sure that had something to do with where these couples chose to go.

• Useful 3

all of them suddenly deciding to do it at the same time,

Do we know for sure that they did? Or is it possible that the show had a bunch of footage shot at various times and they are editing it into episodes that aren't always consistent in terms of the time filmed?

• Love 1
On 8/23/2020 at 1:13 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

The less said about Doug announcing his horniness to the group and making his mission to get laid an entire episode plot, the better. It made me laugh that Ashley didn't want to name a boy Milo because it was too similar to Mila - that's always bugged me with Henley and Hendrix.

Especially with a last name like Hehner!

• Love 8

Thank you Lifetime for that disclaimer about following COVID-19  guidelines before and after this episode.  I don't understand why people are gleefully documenting themselves traveling internationally, out of state and visiting people without practicing proper social distancing or wearing a mask. 

I would really feel sorry for Jamie if he contracted COVID. He did not want to go to North Carolina and only gave in because Beth kept pestering him about it. Now not only did they put their lives a risk they risked the lives of others.  

Stephanie is another one who has me smh. Why would she travel internationally during a pandemic? 

Poor Laura was like "who are these people and why are they talking to me?" I don't understand why they're all running around without masks especially Jessica who is on the front lines. 

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I cried with Danielle over Henry. I went through the same thing with my fur babies, within two years of each other.  Heartbreaking.

If a dog dying is part of this episode, warn me now. I can't watch it (I have it recorded but haven't watched yet).

• Love 1
Just now, Elizzikra said:

If a dog dying is part of this episode, warn me now. I can't watch it (I have it recorded but haven't watched yet).

Danielle talks about having to take Henry to the vet, then talks about getting the call from the vet with what’s wrong. Danielle later on says that she and Bobby de decided that the most humane thing to do was to send Henry to doggy heaven.  They show pictures of her, Bobby and Olivia with Henry at the vet’s office when they go to say goodbye. You don’t actually see him die.  But for those of us who have gone through this it hits pretty hard.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, spunky said:

I would really feel sorry for Jamie if he contracted COVID. He did not want to go to North Carolina and only gave in because Beth kept pestering him about it. Now not only did they put their lives a risk they risked the lives of others.  

Both Jamie and Beth tested positive for COVID when they got back to CA,

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Danielle talks about having to take Henry to the vet, then talks about getting the call from the vet with what’s wrong. Danielle later on says that she and Bobby de decided that the most humane thing to do was to send Henry to doggy heaven.  They show pictures of her, Bobby and Olivia with Henry at the vet’s office when they go to say goodbye. You don’t actually see him die.  But for those of us who have gone through this it hits pretty hard.

I've had to send three dogs across the rainbow bridge in the last two years. I think I'll pass on this. Rest in Peace, Henry. Even though I didn't watch your season, I'm sure you were a really good boy.

Couldn’t  watch Henry’s parts...my little old man is still hanging on but I know it’s inevitable especially since he’s got kidney disease.  RIP Henry.

I love Aruba but I wouldn’t just leave my husband.  Was it a non-refundable ticket?

Beth and Jamie...SMH

• Love 1
On 8/26/2020 at 4:17 PM, Ilovepie said:

Perhaps this is true of Keith and Kristine, but I don't believe that of Steph and AJ - they live to travel.

And yet AJ let his passport expire. 

And who cares if they "live to travel"?  Most of us live to be with our family and friends, but some of us are forgoing it because it's the right thing to do.  We're known as chumps (thanks, @sometimesjennifer). 

51 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Beth and Jamie...SMH

Those fuckers!

Jamie:  "One of my biggest fears about flying back home and traveling and all that kind of stuff was actually contracting the disease."  Tell that to the people you were on the plane with, and who were in the airports as you sat around and walked around with your masks lowered, after you'd been staying with (and hugged!) someone with coronavirus, you assholes. 

The COVID tester asked when they'd been exposed, and Beth said 4 days ago or whatever.  I wish she'd said, "One day before we got on the plane," just so I could see the tester punch her in the face.

Seriously--watching those two people with known exposure on a plane, actually fleeing the known exposure, with their fucking emotional support pets, almost sent me into a rage.  The only thing that made me feel any better at all was seeing them suffering later. 

I was also cheered by rewatching their little happy dance when they originally tested negative, including the looks-like-she's-going-to-say-a-word-that-starts-with-a-P fakeout.  Oh, they were so happy they'd dodged a bullet.  For a minute.

• Love 15
56 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Those fuckers!

My exact words as I watched this episode. I'm seeeeeeeeeething. Are we supposed to feel sorry for these pieces of shit? From the moment Beth pressured Jamie into going to see her family till she snottily pouted about having covid, she brought this whole thing on them and exposed who knows how many other people. Why didn't they just stay with her parents?? At that point they were already exposed (and according to Beth, she didn't care), so why not stay in self quarantine, and also help take care of the parents she was so incredibly desperate to see? I'm so livid.

I also don't understand Jephte and his New York family all up in each others' faces immediately. That's not what we're supposed to be doing, is it?? Everyone seems to think if you're "family" or "close friends" you're somehow immune. Where are they getting this idea???

And don't get me started on Steph. She used to be one of my favorites, but I'm so disgusted by her behavior. Why exactly does she need to be traveling so much right now? My parents are going to be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in October and our family has been doing a lot of hand wringing about whether they should be going on the annual trip that they have not missed one single year in all this time. They wouldn't even be flying - it's a 10 hour road trip to a small town on the California central coast. Realistically, I think they'd be safe, because although they are both in their 70s they are both super healthy and fit, and they would actually wear masks and socially distance, but it still scares me and they're really worried about being irresponsible by going. Then I watch Steph jet off to Aruba for no damn good reason and I think fuck her. Why do we even care anymore about following the guidelines? 

Ok, done venting.

I've never been a big Danielle fan either, but man, I was crying for her. That's brutal to go through and Henry really seemed like such a wonderful dog. I'll always remember how adoring he was of Bobby from day one. I loved the memorial he got for Henry and how he was trying to lighten the mood a little with his gentle joking. I'll take that real slice of life (along with goofy Anthony and the big pillow shenanigans) over watching shitbags flaunt their potentially dangerous behavior any day.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, OnTime said:

I'm no fan of Danielle, but who couldn't love Henry? Such a sweet dog!

I couldn't but y'all know me. Never ever need animals around me. Sorry for their loss. But, I just jumped through the Henry parts. Attachments to animals is just not something I could ever share. Logically, it's like a family member to animals lover. I just can't relate. 

This episode and previews for next week hit hard. Some heavy stuff going on. 

Going through any loss or heartache right now is double the pain.

I've never had a chance to properly quarantine at all. I work for the biggest shipping company in the world. We never stopped. 

But, outside of work, other than doing shopping and dropping stuff off for my mom I sit my ass still. Yes, I'm sure I could more than likely survive it. That's not the issue at all 

This show drives me nuts with globe hopping. 

One day things will be better.

• Love 3

Can you say ENTITLED??  I was livid when Jamie and Beth decided they had to fly across country because they "wanted" to.  We've all been stuck home since March, having our groceries delivered, not seeing our friends or relatives except over Zoom or Skype.  Kids not being able to go to school, people losing their livelihoods and their lives, because people continue spreading the virus out of arrogance or ignorance is just making me crazy.  

Now I will have a good cry with Danielle, because I am one of those pet-owners who has lost two 17 and 18 year old doggies and know how it feels.  

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Do we know for sure that they did? Or is it possible that the show had a bunch of footage shot at various times and they are editing it into episodes that aren't always consistent in terms of the time filmed?

I'm sure they were all traveling within a certain timeframe.  I pinpointed it to mid to late July from some extraneous information in the episodes.  I froze the frame in a few spots to catch dates on things, etc.  The timing is roughly a few weeks after things were a little more loosened up in some places for things like traveling.  Like Keith and Kristine couldn't have possibly gone to Maine much before they did because the governor had a mandatory quarantine for anyone coming from out of state until some time in late June, when it was changed to either a 14 day quarantine OR the results of a Covid test no more than 72 hours old.  

I don't know why it's so hard to believe that production encouraged them to travel after shut downs ended to make more interesting footage.  This on a show that is heavily producer manipulated, too.

4 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I love Aruba but I wouldn’t just leave my husband.  Was it a non-refundable ticket?

Even if it were non-refundable she could have postponed the trip, perhaps with a penalty if she had to and save the ticket for future travel.  That might depend on the airline and who knows right now what the rules are?  I don't know how the rules work with canceling hotels in Aruba, though, or whether they were booked at a non-refundable internet rate or whatever.  Plus the pandemic has changed some things I'm sure.  But I think the major urgency to travel right then was most likely because the show wanted her to do it for more storyline and footage.  Her going alone was just more evidence for me that they were being encouraged and paid to travel by production.  Because who would be like "Oh, party bonus, I'll just go travel during a pandemic and leave my husband at home"?  That makes no sense.  Especially Steph and AJ - They're all about traveling together.  She would usually be, "Oh, I can't go without you, we'll postpone it".  Well, the circumstances were out of her hands as the travel arrangements were probably all booked by and paid for by the show as it was part of her JOB with the show to travel in this case, and they wanted her to go without him - so that's why she didn't postpone it!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And yet AJ let his passport expire. 

And who cares if they "live to travel"?  Most of us live to be with our family and friends, but some of us are forgoing it because it's the right thing to do.  We're known as chumps (thanks, @sometimesjennifer). 

YES, even MORE proof that even Steph and AJ, who "live to travel" weren't even planning on doing it until the show booked them on a trip (not factoring in that AJ let his passport lapse due to not having any reason to travel of his own).  I firmly believe that if it were their idea they would have factored in AJ's passport.  These two are seasoned travelers, don't tell me he wouldn't have known his passport was close to expiring!!

But yeah, the fact that they AGREED to do it is on THEM.  They could have said "no".

4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Those fuckers!

Jamie:  "One of my biggest fears about flying back home and traveling and all that kind of stuff was actually contracting the disease."  Tell that to the people you were on the plane with, and who were in the airports as you sat around and walked around with your masks lowered, after you'd been staying with (and hugged!) someone with coronavirus, you assholes. 

The COVID tester asked when they'd been exposed, and Beth said 4 days ago or whatever.  I wish she'd said, "One day before we got on the plane," just so I could see the tester punch her in the face.

Seriously--watching those two people with known exposure on a plane, actually fleeing the known exposure, with their fucking emotional support pets, almost sent me into a rage.  The only thing that made me feel any better at all was seeing them suffering later. 

I was also cheered by rewatching their little happy dance when they originally tested negative, including the looks-like-she's-going-to-say-a-word-that-starts-with-a-P fakeout.  Oh, they were so happy they'd dodged a bullet.  For a minute.

It's sad, but the blatant irresponsibility of these people is far from unique to them or we wouldn't have the numbers we have in this country.  I just wouldn't have expected it from people that you assume to have more sense than that, especially Jamie.

I knew right away after watching them do it, that those self administered tests would not produce an accurate result.  How ridiculous.  This is just a lesson to anyone that you can't even trust that the test results are going to be accurate - also the type of test they took might not have been able to test accurately so soon after exposure.  Now we know why the airports are empty - precisely because of stuff like this.   Thankfully the people choosing not to travel have more sense than they do!

I am beyond ballistic about this myself.  I knew this kind of thing was going on but again you would think these people would have more sense.  Obviously not.  Sorry to say but it's mostly the younger people that are guilty of this.  None of the people I know that are seasoned travelers over the age of about 40 or so is setting foot on a major airline these days.  And I know a lot of them since my husband drives a limo. and he has had almost ZERO work in the past few months.

What I still don't understand and makes no sense to me is did Beth's mom know she might have been exposed and/or she didn't feel well and let them visit her anyway?  Because it looks like she had taken the test a couple of days at least before the episode.  Plus it looks like Beth and Jamie found out about this right after arriving there, as if her parents had knowledge that she might be sick before they got there and could have told them not to come.  In that case, the parents are also irresponsible and shouldn't have let them set foot in the house even if it meant that they turned around and went home right after landing.  Something about this whole situation is off and ridiculous and all of these people might be complete fuckers!!!

What else boggles my mind is that these two aren't THAT young that they should feel so immune to the aftereffects this virus.  A lot of people have died or had major complications in their age bracket.  To act with such disregard for their OWN health risk is even hard to understand at their age.  Plus these people also put the camera people at risk - I'm wondering how they're doing too.  How could the show allow this kind of thing?  What if someone on the crew or one of the show participants DIED?  They'd be in deep shit from a legal perspective.  It's just unbelievable all the way around.  I'm even wondering if nobody really got sick and this entire storyline was completely fabricated to keep people watching!!  It would explain some of the mind boggling inconsistencies and why they've been acting so lackadaisical about the whole thing.  Plus that scene with Beth and her parents looked like some really BAD acting to me!!

Have we just been HAD??  My gut instinct is starting to wonder.

• Love 3
Spoiler

If you check out the Instagram pages of AJ and Steph, it seems they get tested for COVID before they go on these trips.

And Jamie and Beth's pages do not indicate that they are still sick. Jamie's last post was August 18, though. Which has me a little concerned for his well-being, especially as he didn't really want to go back to North Carolina. The second test they did, that seemed real enough, with the results and everything.  

I think this is couple's cam, so are they using crews?  Aren't the couples supposed to be filming all of this themselves? I mean, I could be wrong, but I thought they were shooting the footage, and then it gets mixed by production later, but there isn't actually a crew hanging out with them in their homes.

Sorry, everyone, it appears I have not been following the rules. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 2

I am so angry with this show for several reasons - but top of the list is I really don't feel I can trust much of what I just saw.

Little inconsequential contrivances don't bother me - it's still just a TV program.

But, the Beth/Jamie story line smacks of a set up from the get-go. Suddenly there is major whining about homesickness and idiotic expressions of caring about nothing about returning to 'the carolinas'. Then all the romping about and visiting without benefit of masks or any type of social distancing - very typical of the current don't-give-a-shit-nobody's-gonna-tell-me-what-to-do-hoaxer segment of our population. Then, supposedly reality sets in, and Beth/Jamie blithely go about exposing their exposure to hundreds of other folks - all without a single brain cell between them. Did they call anyone they visited with a warning of possible exposure? Did they modify ANY of their actions so as not to be a danger to others? What happens if Deonna turns up pregnant and has been infected by the deadly duo?

But then, I'm watching (in preview after preview as well as the actual segment) B/J in bed, bemoaning their sickly situation and just as soon as I yelled "What the hell did you expect, assholes!" it also occurred to me (bcuz there are times when I am a little slow on the uptake) that the whole thing smacked of fakery. Faking symptoms, faking the testing, faking the results, all for the sake of providing their share of sympathy-evoking fake drama, and securing a lovely paycheck. A whole new facet of being a hoaxer. If they are indeed pulling a scam, they are beyond disgusting.

I have to watch it again, bcuz I just can't remember hearing any mention of possible exposure from anyone else they visited on their stupid trip. And I need to see a goodly bit of what went on with the other couples.

Until then, I need to get my temper in check before I do serious damage to either my TV or remote.

• Love 6
On 8/28/2020 at 5:48 AM, Yeah No said:

YES, even MORE proof that even Steph and AJ, who "live to travel" weren't even planning on doing it until the show booked them on a trip (not factoring in that AJ let his passport lapse due to not having any reason to travel of his own).  I firmly believe that if it were their idea they would have factored in AJ's passport.  These two are seasoned travelers, don't tell me he wouldn't have known his passport was close to expiring!!

But yeah, the fact that they AGREED to do it is on THEM.  They could have said "no".

Spoiler

On both of their IG pages they explained that when they planned the trip, he realized he needed to update his passport, back in May, I believe, and it didn't make it back in time.  They have another trip planned for September, but are rethinking that one, because his passport may not be back by then.  You may be right, but they do a lot of traveling. It's possible he didn't realize his passport was about to expire. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

II think this is couple's cam, so are they using crews?  Aren't the couples supposed to be filming all of this themselves? I mean, I could be wrong, but I thought they were shooting the footage, and then it gets mixed by production later, but there isn't actually a crew hanging out with them in their homes.

You're right, they're supposed to be filming themselves but those scenes with Jamie and Beth on the trip seem so scripted and fake that it makes me suspect that someone from the show might have gone with them to coach them through it - I hope not!

58 minutes ago, becauseIsaidso said:

I am so angry with this show for several reasons - but top of the list is I really don't feel I can trust much of what I just saw.

Little inconsequential contrivances don't bother me - it's still just a TV program.

But, the Beth/Jamie story line smacks of a set up from the get-go. Suddenly there is major whining about homesickness and idiotic expressions of caring about nothing about returning to 'the carolinas'. Then all the romping about and visiting without benefit of masks or any type of social distancing - very typical of the current don't-give-a-shit-nobody's-gonna-tell-me-what-to-do-hoaxer segment of our population. Then, supposedly reality sets in, and Beth/Jamie blithely go about exposing their exposure to hundreds of other folks - all without a single brain cell between them. Did they call anyone they visited with a warning of possible exposure? Did they modify ANY of their actions so as not to be a danger to others? What happens if Deonna turns up pregnant and has been infected by the deadly duo?

But then, I'm watching (in preview after preview as well as the actual segment) B/J in bed, bemoaning their sickly situation and just as soon as I yelled "What the hell did you expect, assholes!" it also occurred to me (bcuz there are times when I am a little slow on the uptake) that the whole thing smacked of fakery. Faking symptoms, faking the testing, faking the results, all for the sake of providing their share of sympathy-evoking fake drama, and securing a lovely paycheck. A whole new facet of being a hoaxer. If they are indeed pulling a scam, they are beyond disgusting.

I have to watch it again, bcuz I just can't remember hearing any mention of possible exposure from anyone else they visited on their stupid trip. And I need to see a goodly bit of what went on with the other couples.

Until then, I need to get my temper in check before I do serious damage to either my TV or remote.

Yes, well that's exactly what I'm feeling too and expressed above when I said I suspect that this had been completely fabricated and we've just been had.  It just feels fake and set-up and I don't trust it either.  We don't even see the tester - not even enough to see any protective gear or anything to show that they are actually at a testing station aside from a separate shot of a sign, which could have been taken separately.  And it just smacks of bad acting all the way around, both them and Beth's parents.  It doesn't add up.  I'm glad I'm not alone in that feeling.  I'm angry at them for it, but I'd be relieved to know that they really didn't put anyone at risk.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm even wondering if nobody really got sick and this entire storyline was completely fabricated to keep people watching!!  It would explain some of the mind boggling inconsistencies and why they've been acting so lackadaisical about the whole thing.  Plus that scene with Beth and her parents looked like some really BAD acting to me!!

Why did the COVID message her mother played say "Coronavirus 2019 information line"?  

• Useful 1
28 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Why did the COVID message her mother played say "Coronavirus 2019 information line"?  

Were you reading captioning? Coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19. That's the name of the virus. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I keep wondering the same thing, especially with timelines and talking heads and stuff. One second Beth and Jamie are lying in bed DYING, feeling like something is stabbing their insides and unable to sit up because they are so dizzy, the next Beth is fully dressed, hair and makeup done, sitting at the kitchen table talking about how awful they currently feel. Was that recorded after they recovered and inserted into the narrative, or are they both as full of shit as they seem? They also didn't seem too sickly when they went to the supposed testing site. My husband and I suspect we may have had a very mild version or mutation of it back at the end of January (or it was just a HORRIFIC flu), and we very literally couldn't move without almost falling over for almost a week. We were so weak and achy but I kept insisting we didn't have it because neither of us had even the slightest elevated fever. My point is that even a nasty regular flu can knock you on your ass HARD. Maybe the "sick in bed" scene was filmed AFTER they got the positive results, because they didn't want it to seem like they were wandering around the country asymptomatic. So they performed that little scene to make it seem like they weren't sick till after they got home and started exhibiting symptoms. 

My theory of the real timeline (assuming they actually had Covid): 

• Decided to go on the trip, got tested at the mobile test site
  • Tested positive, but had no symptoms and still wanted to travel (possibly even already knew the parents had it)
  • Traveled anyway 
  • Got home and did the "self test" and were still positive but lied on cam about being negative so they could justify traveling after the fact
  • Filmed the "sick in bed" scene

Obviously just a theory, but I think it makes sense. We have seen far more egregious editing fakery on this show on a regular basis, so none of it would surprise me. I also wouldn't be surprised if, as others have suggested, they weren't sick at all and faked the whole thing because they are attention seeking assholes who don't care if it makes them look bad as long as it gets them more air time on the show (and I guess maybe sympathy, although I don't know how in their right minds they would expect anyone to feel bad for them after their behavior).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

I skipped this one (& maybe all from now on) because of pet loss (been there & have another older cat with issues now), & this story line of Jamie & Beth's. I really believe it's all fake. During this time it's a particularly low blow for viewers, & especially everyone involved with the J/B story are the worst of the worst - which includes production - because even if they're not in the homes I do believe they are still involved in everything going on with everyone. They all suck IMO.

Jephte is an asshole who thinks he is a martyr.  Shawniece is emotional, but I can’t blame her as his words don’t match his actions so she must be constantly on edge trying to figure things out.  They are both very young and I hope they quickly figure out a way to be happy alone or together.  My money is on alone.  I believe they have affection for each other, but don’t have a deep love or true respect for each other.

• Love 7

I don't know why it's so hard to believe that production encouraged them to travel after shut downs ended to make more interesting footage.  This on a show that is heavily producer manipulated, too.

I don't find it hard to believe; I was just tossing out a question.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

Jephte is an asshole who thinks he is a martyr.  Shawniece is emotional, but I can’t blame her as his words don’t match his actions so she must be constantly on edge trying to figure things out.  They are both very young and I hope they quickly figure out a way to be happy alone or together.  My money is on alone.  I believe they have affection for each other, but don’t have a deep love or true respect for each other.

I think they might have reached an impasse.  Neither of them are assholes.  They both communicate differently.  It would be hard trying to read Jephte and if I had to live with someone like Shawnice, I'd go totally insane.  

I don't think the Jamie/Beth storyline is fake, why?  Because people are THAT stupid and selfish today.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

I am just so livid about Jamie and Beth.  It appeared to me that their self-test was taken AFTER they returned home, not before they got on the plane to come home as they were in their apartment when they announced their "negative" results and her hair throughout the scenes looked more like her at home in San Jose hair than her vacation in NC hair.  If so, they recklessly endangered everyone with whom they came into contact with while returning home.  They should have immediately self-quarantined in NC after hearing about her parents before ever getting on the plane.  I certainly hope someone did contact them about contact tracking and they start to realize how many lives they endangered due to their selfishness.

It saddened me to learn about Henry, but it seems like he was well-loved and had a history of health related issues.  I'm really glad the family went to see him before he was released from this life.

The producers certainly have a lot to answer for in terms of encouraging several participants to travel and have contact with multiples of people.  Of course, the participants are also very responsible for their actions that could endanger others.  These types of non-caring, irresponsible behaviors are why I retired in July after the school district announced that students could take their masks off once they were seated in class.  Too many people think they are immune or that they do not have to be careful thereby endangering others.  

I think the producers added the self-testing negative results scene to lessen viewer outrage about the trip.  If anyone caught COVID from Jaime and Beth's irresponsible behaviors, I hope they are able to sue them as well as the producers for exposing unsuspecting people to the antics of these two and the show.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I keep wondering the same thing, especially with timelines and talking heads and stuff. One second Beth and Jamie are lying in bed DYING, feeling like something is stabbing their insides and unable to sit up because they are so dizzy, the next Beth is fully dressed, hair and makeup done, sitting at the kitchen table talking about how awful they currently feel. Was that recorded after they recovered and inserted into the narrative, or are they both as full of shit as they seem? They also didn't seem too sickly when they went to the supposed testing site. My husband and I suspect we may have had a very mild version or mutation of it back at the end of January (or it was just a HORRIFIC flu), and we very literally couldn't move without almost falling over for almost a week. We were so weak and achy but I kept insisting we didn't have it because neither of us had even the slightest elevated fever. My point is that even a nasty regular flu can knock you on your ass HARD. Maybe the "sick in bed" scene was filmed AFTER they got the positive results, because they didn't want it to seem like they were wandering around the country asymptomatic. So they performed that little scene to make it seem like they weren't sick till after they got home and started exhibiting symptoms. 

My theory of the real timeline (assuming they actually had Covid): 

• Decided to go on the trip, got tested at the mobile test site
  • Tested positive, but had no symptoms and still wanted to travel (possibly even already knew the parents had it)
  • Traveled anyway 
  • Got home and did the "self test" and were still positive but lied on cam about being negative so they could justify traveling after the fact
  • Filmed the "sick in bed" scene

Obviously just a theory, but I think it makes sense. We have seen far more egregious editing fakery on this show on a regular basis, so none of it would surprise me. I also wouldn't be surprised if, as others have suggested, they weren't sick at all and faked the whole thing because they are attention seeking assholes who don't care if it makes them look bad as long as it gets them more air time on the show (and I guess maybe sympathy, although I don't know how in their right minds they would expect anyone to feel bad for them after their behavior).

I like your suspicions too.  Either it could have been entirely faked or instead partially true but manipulated like you say to make them look better - I may be mistaken, but I thought their first self-test was done in NC before they went home so they could "justify" (even if fake) that they were OK to travel on a plane back to CA (or at least they wanted us to THINK that).  It was only the second test that was done in CA, or so it seemed. 

ETA:  I just looked at that segment and the intro. clearly stated that they were still in Charlotte right before Beth said, "OK, we're going to get tested".  Then she said something about how if she knew she had it she "could protect other people from getting it" (I suppose by NOT getting on a flight back home).  The very next scene is them sitting in the car doing the self tests.  Whether or not they were telling the truth about being in Charlotte is unclear to me. - I just froze the frame on them in the car and behind them is a billboard for something called CRIM, which it appears to stand for "Charlotte Records Information Management", however I find nothing when I google on that!  Maybe someone else can see it better?  There's a tree in front of it, unfortunately.

I think they could have been negative on the way to NC but dumb enough to think that just because they tested negative while still in NC (after exposure) that they were safe to travel home even though they were exposed.  Or at least that's what they wanted us to THINK anyway!  They could have known better but think the public wouldn't know any better that self tests done so soon after exposure need to be retested because they can give an incorrect negative result!  They could have wanted to give the impression that they didn't know better and were trying to do the best thing, when they really weren't unknowingly making a mistake - I may or may not buy that they didn't know better.  And either way they still don't fool everyone and we're still going to think of them as attention-seeking assholes that put people at potential risk with their behavior!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

My point was not about the travel itself but more the fact that they would do it whether production puts them up to it or not.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, OnTime said:

Thank you.  That has been bugging the heck out of me last week when we saw the first time and again this week on the replay.  

But I guess they could have been calling it the Coronavirus 2019 since it must have started then, as someone said.

And Henry's memorial stone was beautiful.  As someone with a pet cemetery in my backyard, I wouldn't want a constant reminder like that though.  

Edited by TVJunkee
read further along and saw someone may have answered
  • Love 1

It would be really crappy if they faked their Covid illness.  I think Beth and Jamie found out about Beth’s parents and then did their self-test wrong, or they just weren’t producing antibodies yet to show up on the test that early, which is why they should’ve isolated with her parents.  But once they got negative results, they thought they’d head home, which is so beyond stupid.  I was surprised at how quickly they got their drive-through results, though.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

JamieO better be prepping a nice trust fund with all her MAFS cash to discourage any tell all's from being written.

Jamie overshares every single thing!!! 

What could possibility be put in a tell all?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Man, this was such a sad episode! Between Henry (There was definitely something in my eye during that segment!), Gregg losing his business and Shawniece and Jephte’s rocky relationship, I don’t know what’s worse! I was not however sorry for those dumbasses who chose to get on a plane and expose countless people to the Covid; only sorry for the innocent people they endangered.
I did enjoy Jess and Austin working out - the fact that she could do so many “boy pushups” was impressive!

And I laughed at Ashley finding Anthony with her pillow, although I’m pretty sure that was a producer storyline I could see coming a mile away.....

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 5:48 AM, Yeah No said:

What I still don't understand and makes no sense to me is did Beth's mom know she might have been exposed and/or she didn't feel well and let them visit her anyway?  Because it looks like she had taken the test a couple of days at least before the episode.  Plus it looks like Beth and Jamie found out about this right after arriving there, as if her parents had knowledge that she might be sick before they got there and could have told them not to come.  In that case, the parents are also irresponsible and shouldn't have let them set foot in the house even if it meant that they turned around and went home right after landing.  Something about this whole situation is off and ridiculous and all of these people might be complete fuckers!!!

Her mother knows she is positive and her husband knows. 

Jamie and Beth are all sitting next to them with no masks as she plays the results that she has COVID.

This makes no sense!

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I did enjoy Jess and Austin working out - the fact that she could do so many “boy pushups” was impressive!

That was amazing - I used to be able to do them when I was her age but not as many.  I could do as many sit ups, though.

Equally impressive was Austin wanting to join the National Guard.  I like him even more now!

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

That was amazing - I used to be able to do them when I was her age but not as many.  I could do as many sit ups, though.

Even when I was super fit in my early thirties I couldn’t have done that. Maybe that many girl push ups? She’s a boss! 

• Love 4
On 8/29/2020 at 2:13 AM, Ilovepie said:

Man, this was such a sad episode! Between Henry (There was definitely something in my eye during that segment!), Gregg losing his business and Shawniece and Jephte’s rocky relationship, I don’t know what’s worse! I was not however sorry for those dumbasses who chose to get on a plane and expose countless people to the Covid; only sorry for the innocent people they endangered.

And I laughed at Ashley finding Anthony with her pillow, although I’m pretty sure that was a producer storyline I could see coming a mile away.....

I know that Ashley and Anthony have and sadly will have issues going forward but they are like a reality show sitcom. I love it. I also love that their drama is never about them as a unit. They've been down for each other since the alter and it's really sweet. 

• Love 5

What are "boy" push-ups?  Push-ups are push-ups. If you are referring to doing a push-up with your knees down that is called a push-up for beginners.  The most important part of a push-up is form. *steps down off of soap box*  😉

• LOL 1