Type keyword(s) to search

Top Chef Live Episode Chat

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, novhappy said:

These mom stories are boring. Just do the quick fire please

I must be so cold hearted — I literally never want to hear any of the family or this is from my heritage stories.  I get angry when they cry and when they giggle/banter/flirt — just cook good food please.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, tljgator said:

Kudos to TPTB for ditching immunity since it's a double elimination -- no one has to feel like their partner is protected and they're not. I like that.

I would have loved it if they said afterwards that the partner of the one with immunity was also automatically safe.

• Love 1

I'm really curious to see how all the 50 shades of smelt turn out. When I was a little girl, some 50-60 years ago, we would go to smelt dinners. I think they were some sort of community fundraiser.  I just loved those smelt. They were fried but not breaded. There was a red sauce you'd dip them in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Some people are kind of grating out of proportion to their actual offenses and I think Tater Tot is one of those people.

That being said I really hope he goes.

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree with Gabriel and Nelson going.   It will be interesting to see who comes back. 

Thanks (that's not sarcastic either)  to whoever spoiled LCK, I just don't have time to watch it this week. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
2 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Did y’all know that Gabriel lived there his whole life?

The hell you say! Next, you'll tell me that he used to work for Tom. *pfft*

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I can’t believe those BRAVO assholes found a way to get me to watch LCK.

🤬

If it's anything like in previous seasons, you won't find out who is coming back until the next broadcast TV episode.  They leave it as a Last Chance Kitchen cliffhanger.

But who knows, maybe this time will be different?

• Love 1
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

If it's anything like in previous seasons, you won't find out who is coming back until the next broadcast TV episode.  They leave it as a Last Chance Kitchen cliffhanger.

It was. I just put the highlights in the LCK thread for those who didn't watch. 

Sort of spoiler but not really -- we do find out who returns. 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Nope. This time they tell you who's coming back. It's 2 episodes.

I hope its not just me, but I am an emotional wreck watching this and they haven't even gotten to the serving! 

I think that today being the day CDC announcing vaccinated people can stop wearing masks and knowing this was filmed in some of the worst of the pandemic and knowing what they people they are feeding were going through, combined with my absolute adoration of Jose Andres and everything he's done with World Central Kitchen and how many people he has helped and lives he has saved through it, is just emotionally overwhelming! 

I've been pretty stoic throughout this whole COVID mess -- single, not high risk, no elder family around but still being cautious so as not to be a carrier infecting someone else -- maybe this is my emotional release of the past year. 

And if Tom talks about what he did for restaurants during the pandemic (pressing Congress to expand relief to restaurants), I'm toast. 

Damn you Top Chef. And bless you. 

• Love 12

I work in the Intellectual Disabilities field and we’ve been working this whole time.  As a measure of thanks I bought all of my dispersed staff lunch with my first relief check.

Food as a measure of thanks and appreciation appeals to the soul.

I love this challenge!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SailorGirl said:

I hope its not just me, but I am an emotional wreck watching this and they haven't even gotten to the serving! 

I think that today being the day CDC announcing vaccinated people can stop wearing masks and knowing this was filmed in some of the worst of the pandemic and knowing what they people they are feeding were going through, combined with my absolute adoration of Jose Andres and everything he's done with World Central Kitchen and how many people he has helped and lives he has saved through it, is just emotionally overwhelming! 

I've been pretty stoic throughout this whole COVID mess -- single, not high risk, no elder family around but still being cautious so as not to be a carrier infecting someone else -- maybe this is my emotional release of the past year. 

And if Tom talks about what he did for restaurants during the pandemic (pressing Congress to expand relief to restaurants), I'm toast. 

Damn you Top Chef. And bless you. 

Beautifully said. And I loved everything about this episode. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

He was stirring raw meat chunks around in that curry. Yuck!

Heh. You can only do that if you cook it a loooooooooong time.

• Love 1
(edited)

I couldn't believe the course where the chef said that the judges get crispy Salmon skin, and she was asked where the Salmon is, and she said the cheftestants were having it for dinner later.   I guess that was supposed to be funny, but I don't think it went over so well.

I love Tom's acid comment. 

That was so amazing when Dale asked for another serving of dessert.    I love that Jamie came back from LCK, and is doing so well.   

I love this way of doing Restaurant Wars, less FOH drama, no bad servers, or other drama.   

Team Penny disappointed me.    Dawn was the only one who shined.   I'm surprised at Sarah, Gabe's dishes sound blah, and the tostada sounds awful. Chris had some good points.  

Congratulations, Maria!     Sarah goes to LCK.   I would have knifed Gabe.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Dawn was uncommunicative, indecisive, secretive, and aloof. Her demeanor cast a pall over the team's service, IMO.

She should have been PYKAGed for not being a Team Player. In seasons past, a bad FOH non-cooking role led to dismissals, so now it's  strictly about the food?

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

bad FOH non-cooking role led to dismissals, so now it's  strictly about the food?

I can’t remember someone who hit it park out of the park with  two dishes that only they touched ever having that happen. None of them were good at front of the house. Sarah also just stood there and talked to Dawn about how they were uncomfortable and that they had nothing to do and she also made two dishes with issues (I cannot get over the salmon waste!, work that into one of the other dishes!)

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I can’t remember someone who hit it park out of the park with  two dishes that only they touched ever having that happen. None of them were good at front of the house. Sarah also just stood there and talked to Dawn about how they were uncomfortable and that they had nothing to do and she also made two dishes with issues (I cannot get over the salmon waste!, work that into one of the other dishes!)

Fair enough!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Dawn was uncommunicative, indecisive, secretive, and aloof. Her demeanor cast a pall over the team's service, IMO.

She should have been PYKAGed for not being a Team Player. In seasons past, a bad FOH non-cooking role led to dismissals, so now it's  strictly about the food?

Did the judges see that part, though? I think where it really showed was in the planning, and prep work when they weren't there. Than all of them sucked at interaction when the judges were there. I would love to know what Tom and Padma et al would have thought after they watched the episode about Dawn's role. I told my husband part way through Penny's service that Dawn was going to come out on top, despite her actions hampering her fellow teammate's plans.

• Love 3

I feel like I’m watching the Pillsbury Bake-off with the individual electric stoves!  
What’s with the guy who didn’t seem to know what a mixer was? 😁. (No food processor.)