Type keyword(s) to search

Top Chef Live Episode Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

So they were allowed to pick their sous chef, and TC flew them in.   Buddha picked Jackson, who says he's 70-80% back with his taste, Jo was Evelyn's pick, and Sarah picked Robert.   

They're using Tanque Verde Ranch.   I love Tucson has so many different specialty grocers.    

I love Eric Ripert and Stephanie Izard will be some of the judging panel. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Up until this episode, Sarah's personality irritated me. So far this episode, she has really grown on me. Her dishes sound very interesting and thoughtful. I am good with either Buddha or Sarah for the win. I love Evelyn, but her dishes don't do it for me the way the other two's do.

• Love 3

I really like Sarah's concept for her meal.  I don't really like rabbit, and am not a huge venison fan, but the way she's fully utilizing food is very interesting.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I really like Sarah's concept for her meal.  I don't really like rabbit, and am not a huge venison fan, but the way she's fully utilizing food is very interesting.

Hers is the meal I'm most interested in seeing.

Wow. This is going to be a hard decision. All three chefs performed well. Evelyn had small mistakes with her under-seasoned scallops & under-seasoned curry mole. Sarah's rabbit was poorly cooked; both under & over in parts. Buddha's only compaint was Tom saying it was a little show-offy. As Padma said--- it's the finale!

Buddha for the win!

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

I’m here for the comments to see how it’s going — can’t watch live.  Depending on who wins, I’ll find it on demand.  The commentary paints such a picture — thank you to all!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

I think Buddha wins. Sarah's was the most original but the execution didn't quite measure up.

And Eric Ripert just said that!

• Love 2

Well, Buddha was my third choice coming in, because I generally want to eat Evelyn's and Sarah's food more than I want to eat his, but he did a terrific job.

So did Evelyn, just a little bit less terrific.  Sarah made some mistakes, but still made a meal to be proud of, especially that dessert.  This was an enjoyable end to an enjoyable season.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yayyy!!!!  I commented on Buddha’s Instagram last week and told him how much I was pulling for him.  He wrote back the nicest message and said “cross your fingers and toes tight — haha!  😂 Thank you so much for the support!”

I am thrilled with this winner.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

I’m here for the comments to see how it’s going — can’t watch live.  Depending on who wins, I’ll find it on demand.  The commentary paints such a picture — thank you to all!

Same here. Congrats to Buddha! I hope Evelyn wins Fan Favorite since I want to eat her food more than any of the others. (Love Damarr, but ever since someone pointed out his “Princess Diana” head-tilt-look-up, I can’t unsee it.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

This was really a great season. It started off low-key and I almost lost interest, but the quality of cooking was impressive and I got invested in some of the chefs.

• Love 4