Type keyword(s) to search

Top Chef Live Episode Chat

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

That Malarkey would be Front of the House.

Ah, that makes sense.  Thank you (it was just mumble, mumble to my [crappy] ears).

• LOL 2

What was up with the temper tant r um about the plates. You don't get to call "dibs" like a child. I'm annoyed I'm taking Malarkey's side. But if they are the best, they are the best.

• Love 4

I'm surprised they have to do so much manual labor to set up the restaurants.

4 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I think this can go either way, Kevin's team has a lot of dishes. We've seen over and over how serving unnecisary dishes can bite you.

Brian V just said it's 12! Dishes! Omg. I missed that the first time.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

I'm surprised they have to do so much manual labor to set up the restaurants.

Brian V just said it's 12! Dishes! Omg. I missed that the first time.

Yeah, when I heard Kevin say that I was surprised. But then we had Lee Anne running around multiple specially stores, cutting into her and everyone elses cooking time. Too much freedom, in that way, may bite the team.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 1
(edited)

This episode is exhausting to watch!!  I’m anxious as a viewer!

Family style — no can do right now in the age of Corona.  Feels weird to see.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Gregory got my pressure up. Not picking Melissa for his first choice. 

I can understand Gregory wanting Malarkey for FOH, but the fantasy baseball player in me was yelling, "Dude, he'll still be available in the second round!" You go for an ace in Round 1.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Neither restaurant has the judges seated yet? Odd.

I saw that WWHL is going to be on at 11:15, so I think this will be a long episode.

Good call on moving Leeanne, she was circling the drain.

• Love 2

You just knew that oxtail not on the Haiti Kann menu was going to be a big deal.  I didn’t realize they had to exactly mimic the menu that was in their pitch.  What if the items aren’t available when they shop?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I saw that WWHL is going to be on at 11:15, so I think this will be a long episode.

Good call on moving Leeanne, she was circling the drain.

Yes, this episode is supersized.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

You just knew that oxtail not on the Haiti Kann menu was going to be a big deal.  I didn’t realize they had to exactly mimic the menu that was in their pitch.  What if the items aren’t available when they shop?

The chicken thighs were the redemption. 

I have long had a great fondness for Leanne, but she really had a stank attitude here: freaking out and berating the servers, then saying in a po'd way "okay, I'll just make salads" when calm, collected Stephanie said she could take over expediting. 

and Stephanie! What a star utility player! Crazy that she was chosen last.

• Love 13

I'm behind.  My apologies but holy hell Kevin's vitriol over the plates was completely uncalled for.  They're plates!  The look matters less than that they go with the concept and they're appropriate for the dish in which they're served. 

• Love 9

So many mistakes by Kevin — too many dishes, not going out to present to the judges, stupid dish fight with Malarkey, concept where the tables were so “family comfy” that they didn’t turn over and the restaurant filled with people standing around, what else am I missing?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I found myself rooting for Gregory’s team even though Malarkey was on it, and I don’t care for him.  But Malarkey (salesman, keeps his cool) as FOH was probably a plus.  And everyone was thinking Kevin’s team was the Dream Team.  Hate to see who will go home on Kevin’s team, though.  

I missed the dish drama.

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 5

Admirable way to go out.  Kevin was so enamored with recreating a big meal like at his grandmother’s home and he couldn’t look at the realities objectively.  It did him in.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, MerBearHou said:

Admirable way to go out.  Kevin was so enamored with recreating a big meal like at his grandmother’s home and he couldn’t look at the realities objectively.  It did him in.  

He went out with integrity.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, TwopLurker said:

Stephanie should have her own show, she’s so funny and real. 

Definitely!

Padma: It's time to let the games begin.

Stephanie: What have we been doing? 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 5