Type keyword(s) to search

Top Chef Live Episode Chat

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Bryan is making me nervous for him — he seems a smidge frazzled.  That chef who said BV’s food was flat and lacked love or passion — that was unduly harsh, IMO.

I adore Bryan but I'm feeling he is going with his simple dish - or maybe Kevin goes for being overly confident and perhaps overly complicated food.

Bryan's dishes looked just blah. And I get the comments there's no heart or soul. I've been saying all season his cooking just seems so tired and dated. 

And Kevin is a tool, so that's all I can say about him. 

• Love 3

I don’t understand the inconsistency about texture comments.  So many of these dishes don’t have texture but some chefs are called out for it (Bryan) and others are not (Melissa).  I love texture too but be consistent, judges.

• Love 2
(edited)

I get that the Italian chefs were offended that Bryan made a parmesan foam but his dish looked and sounded delicious and I would order it in a restaurant.  No one said that his dish didn't taste good, they just felt that he disrespected the ingredient.  Parmesan foam vs. tough pork--no contest.

Edited by susannot
double post
  • Love 3
(edited)

I couldn't watch the ending so I'm reading comments here.  I'm so glad Bryan made it through! 

But....I actually really like Kevin and his food is the most interesting to me.

I'm also really glad Melissa and Stephanie are doing so well!  It's fun seeing them so confident and making it happen!

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Miss chi chi said:

Wow Gregory really was hurt! He isn't back for next week! I hope he is ok!

You could see him hunching during the episode he went home.  It was hard to watch and I hope he is ok, too!

• Love 1

I think Bryan will win, just based on where they showed people standing at judges table during this lead in part of the episode. 

I want everyone to cook well with no major mishaps. Make it a tough choice for the judges!

(edited)

Seeing the first part of the episode, it’s weird to me how long ago it seems that people like Angelo, Jen Carroll, etc were cooking on this show!

Edited by MerBearHou
Yikes, I even forgot Angelo’s name!
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Fostersmom said:

Oooo... Kevin looks pissed being there. 

Probably thinks he should still be competing. Being last one out before the finale would make it extra tough to be a sous chef in this episode.

but I don’t like Kevin, so hahahahahaha!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Michichick said:

Probably thinks he should still be competing. Being last one out before the finale would make it extra tough to be a sous chef in this episode.

but I don’t like Kevin, so hahahahahaha!

Sums it up from Kevin’s facial expression — “it’s been a long time since I’ve been a sous chef but...”

• Love 3
1 minute ago, wlk68 said:

Kevin's expression when Bryan said lasagna. He wasn't feeling it.

Yes and then that little music sting they played. The lasagna will either be a disaster or it will win the competition for Bryan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, NowVoyager said:

Anybody else nervous about Lee Anne helping Melissa? There have been a couple moments when she made strong suggestions.....

Yes, she’s being too pushy. But I think Melissa knows what she wants and won’t get influenced.

• Love 2