Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Decoherence

• Start Topic

What will it take for Tessa Thompson to be off this show? All the characters and actors from previous seasons and I'm stuck with her.

Hello Hector good to see you again. Sorry bye Hector.

Nice to see young William again. I enjoyed seeing Jimmi and Eddie together. 

I could deal with 2 Maeve's

• Love 8

Holy shit. That was quite an episode.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Tessa Thompson has been killing it as Halores. She's bringing more humanity to Dolores than ur-text Dolores (Evan Rachel Wood). And I guess she'll be acting on her own now that she lost her "son" and "husband." 

So Serac was a host? I'm confused.

The William storyline was interesting, especially the therapy circle with all the Williams and Delos, but I sort of think William's storyline is played out and he's still here because Ed Harris is so popular. It's sort of the same feeling I get whenever I see Bernard onscreen -- that the viewers like Jeffrey Wright so they still have him, but their storyline is played out.

I guess it's a Maeve vs. Dolores war now? Or did Dolores copy herself into another Maeve lookalike host?

• Love 9

So the nickname "Charlores" really applied this week.  [rimshot]  I'll see myself out.

But seriously folks, all I could think of was "short 8 episode season, why are they padding it out with Maeve in WarWorld and William in cliche-therapy?"

I don't know which side to root for at the moment, but I'm leaning towards an independent Charlotte, no longer following Dolores but going Terminator on Serac.  Though she was being kind of stupid in the board meeting -- the gas knocked out everyone else but he's still standing there smugly, gotta assume he's a projection.  

There's a trend on TV, this show in particular, that I'd like to see go away:  planting plot relevant information in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it, small font at a skewed angle text message.  I don't mind when they plant easter eggs that way, but I shouldn't be required to record, replay, slow-mo, screen-cap and enlarge just to figure it out.  This week there were a couple of them and I only caught the "anomalous protein" thing from MiB's blood test.  I think there was some pertinent info in the host-fab facility but I wasn't sitting 2 feet from my screen so I missed it.  Same with the first therapist - I guess the message from home was upsetting enough that she hanged herself (unless William hallucinated that too).

Why did Serac have Maeve and company printed at Delos?  He obviously has access to a fabricator elsewhere, because he made the previous Maeve body.  He already suspected there was a Dolores copy inside Delos, so the only explanation is "plot required".

10 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

I could deal with 2 Maeve's

Was that the other body that was being completed in the Delos body shop?  I saw "100%" marked but otherwise didn't see a name like they had with Hector (RIP).

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, mac123x said:

Same with the first therapist - I guess the message from home was upsetting enough that she hanged herself (unless William hallucinated that too).

The message said something to the effect of "I've taken the kids, don't try to look for us".

I just can't stand Tessa Thompson. Period. And most of the William stuff was like being stuck in the ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Broderbits said:
28 minutes ago, mac123x said:

Same with the first therapist - I guess the message from home was upsetting enough that she hanged herself (unless William hallucinated that too).

The message said something to the effect of "I've taken the kids, don't try to look for us".

I had to rewind to catch it all but her data said she would have multiple affairs with patients and develop an opioid addiction. Then her partner sent the above text message.

I really enjoyed the majority of the episode. Which isn't surprising since it was light on the Dolores. However my eyes were on constant rolling from the time Charlores activated the robot and the Delos Troopers kept shooting at metal.

I was really enjoying Maeve's plot up until once again original Dolores gets the upper hand and kills Hector and turned off AI Dolores. This show really wants me to care about Dolores and cheer her on, but I stopped caring and cheering Dolores Season 2 Episode 1. But honestly I don't know who I want to win Dolores or Serac. I'm hoping neither and Maeve becomes President of the world. Or maybe Charlores will terminate original Dolores. Who knows?

Can Season 4 just be Maeve and Lee wandering around the different worlds of the simulation? I miss Season 1.

And wishful thinking, I'm hoping the other host being printed is Teddy.

• Like 1
  • Love 15

Serac sent a team to Westworld [in Asia], found Hector among hundreds of hosts, got the pearl back to San Francisco in 2 hours???

38 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

if you let Sizemore walk the earth

Like Jules in Pulp Fiction

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I know I'm an outlier, but I like Tessa Thompson, and I thought she really shined in this episode. Of course, I knew the second that she put Charlotte's son in the car and said she'd never let anything happen to him that he was doomed. And then when she and her ex grabbed hands - MICHAEL EALY I WILL MISS YOU BEAUTIFUL FACE - I was like, yup, they're dead. And BOOM.

My take on that tear running down her burned face - Serac just 'created' another Maeve - Charlores lost her family. The memories are there, they're real to her. Just a guess.

• Love 24

This episode was better than last episode, I’ll give it that. I was really rooting for Halores until she killed Hector (RIP). Now, I’m on Team Bernard he gets on my nerves. 

But, something is up. Why was Charlotte wearing the same outfit from the first board meeting in episode 3? (Badass faux cape)

How did Bernard get to William’s location? (Personally, I think he’s another Dolores hybrid) 

Edited by Jenesis
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, saoirse said:

I know I'm an outlier, but I like Tessa Thompson, and I thought she really shined in this episode. Of course, I knew the second that she put Charlotte's son in the car and said she'd never let anything happen to him that he was doomed. And then when she and her ex grabbed hands - MICHAEL EALY I WILL MISS YOU BEAUTIFUL FACE - I was like, yup, they're dead. And BOOM.

My take on that tear running down her burned face - Serac just 'created' another Maeve - Charlores lost her family. The memories are there, they're real to her. Just a guess.

I think what Dolores didn't anticipate was when she made Halores that Halores had Dolores' data but since Dolores was able to bond genuinely with Teddy, Peter Abernathy, Arnold, and William, Halores would also be able to form her own bonds. It seems as if Halores had a strong relationship with her "son" and the show I think is also trying to get its heart back. What's more heartrending than a mother grieving for her child?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Jenesis said:

But, something is up. Why was Charlotte wearing the same outfit from the first board meeting in episode 3? (Badass ass faux cape)

Yeah about this...

Given what's going on in the 'real world' these days, I was all, "There is no way she glammed up when the 'world is ending' all around her". For true costuming, she would have been in pajama pants and maybe a dress shirt, with a blazer possibly.

I know that the show is probably making a point of some sort, but I thought her ex should have at least been like, 'Why are you dressed like nothing is going on in the world right now?'

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Of course, William's hallucination therapy would end up his father as the doctor and the various "other" Williams as other patients.  And then he "cures" himself by killing all of the other Williams.  Yep, that's our William!  It was fun seeing Jimmi Simpson's William one more time.  Ed Harris was his normal awesome self too.  Suspect this will be the episode HBO submits for his Emmy consideration.

Enjoyed the Dolores/Maeve scene and getting to see Evan Rachel Wood and Thandie Newton play off one another again.  Even if it basically boiled down to Dolores all "You're just as bad as I am!", and then get the upper hand again.  There really isn't much suspense here if Dolores keeps winning.  Unless this is all a set-up for things to go south in the next two episodes.

Looks like Hector is gone for good, although the good news is that with a show like this, Rodrigo Santoro still has a shot at coming back as another character or vision/hallucination!  But it looks like another robot is coming through.  The best best is Lee Sizemore.

Charlotte's escape was badass, even if, as usual, it required the Delos soldiers/Serac's men to be the lamest shots ever.  But it was obvious that it was all going to end with her family getting killed.  I wonder what's next for her.

The Craddock cameo was very short.  Jonathan Tucker probably only needed half a day!

Hey, that was Louis Ferreira as the doctor in charge of William's shock therapy!  Pretty sure he is contracted to appear in every show shot in Canada ever!

So, Bernard and Ashley were tasked with recovering William.  Still feels like those two haven't been used all that much this season.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, saoirse said:

I don't really have strong feelings about her and thought she was actually really good here. I have actually liked her all season. 

1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

Enjoyed the Dolores/Maeve scene and getting to see Evan Rachel Wood and Thandie Newton play off one another again.  Even if it basically boiled down to Dolores all "You're just as bad as I am!", and then get the upper hand again.  There really isn't much suspense here if Dolores keeps winning.  Unless this is all a set-up for things to go south in the next two episodes.

Looks like Hector is gone for good, although the good news is that with a show like this, Rodrigo Santoro still has a shot at coming back as another character or vision/hallucination!  But it looks like another robot is coming through.  The best best is Lee Sizemore.

I really thought the scene was fantastic and I actually would really love it if the show didn't ultimately give us a show down. I really thought the entire scene was well done. It would be nice if they zigged instead of zagged. After all, Dolores is not wrong about Serac.

I find myself really sad about Hector. If Charlores really did steal the host data in its entirety, I suppose he isn't irretrievably gone necessarily. 

I was struck tonight by the fact that the three main badasses on this show now are women. I like that the show pivoted from women as victims to women as survivors. 

I am betting on Sizemore but I would really love to have Clem back in non broken form. Poor Clem. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Of course, William's hallucination therapy would end up his father as the doctor and the various "other" Williams as other patients. 

that wasn't William's father, that was pappa Delos, William's father-in-law. Also, damm I love Ed Harris.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, mac123x said:

There's a trend on TV, this show in particular, that I'd like to see go away:  planting plot relevant information in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it, small font at a skewed angle text message.  I don't mind when they plant easter eggs that way, but I shouldn't be required to record, replay, slow-mo, screen-cap and enlarge just to figure it out. 

This x1000.  

The "Serac was a hologram" shit is getting old.  What a lame plot device.  He casts a shadow,  the wind from the helicopter blows his clothes, he has light from the window moving on his body, but when it becomes convenient, he magically turns into a hologram.  And apparently seeing the holographic Serac no longer requires the special glasses it did a few episodes ago. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

This x1000.  

The "Serac was a hologram" shit is getting old.  What a lame plot device.  He casts a shadow,  the wind from the helicopter blows his clothes, he has light from the window moving on his body, but when it becomes convenient, he magically turns into a hologram.  And apparently seeing the holographic Serac no longer requires the special glasses it did a few episodes ago. 

he was the real Serac when he got off the helicopter, but he wasn't going to risk himself when he confronted Charlotte-Dolores. As for the glasses we saw last episode when he questioned Connels-Dolores that they have projectors for the holograms, glasses aren't the only way to view them.

Edited by MrWhyt
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, paigow said:

Caleb has the same implant as William...so whatever we see via Caleb is fake?

I don't think we really know what the purpose of the palate implant is.  I don't think it makes them hallucinate (or rather, see holograms) -- that's what the glasses do.  That being said, we have seen bad guys use the palate implant to torture Caleb (though I presume that is not its intended purpose), so now William is vulnerable to that.

1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

Looks like Hector is gone for good,

Dammit!  I wanted him to hang around for a while.

Count me among those who knew that Charlores's family was doomed as soon as she put them in the car.  But color me surprised that Charlores's charred body crawled out of the wreckage Terminator-style.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, WatchrTina said:

Count me among those who knew that Charlores's family was doomed as soon as she put them in the car.  But color me surprised that Charlores's charred body crawled out of the wreckage Terminator-style.

I admit I didn't have enough foresight to see the death when they got in my car but after Charlore's held hands with her hubby and then they showed Charlores from the side with the window I was expecting the car to be hit from the side by another care, and then 1/2 second later KA-BOOM!!

Serac is going to regret killing the family, when The Terminator comes for him. I felt this season was goning to be a Dolores/Maeve showdown but after losing her family I wouldn't be surprised to see Charlores blame Dolores for the deaths as well.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Just some minor continuity nitpicking.... but, didn't Charlores live in a fancy-schmancy high rise in a previous episode? 

Husband's/ Boyfriend  place

10 hours ago, mac123x said:

There's a trend on TV, this show in particular, that I'd like to see go away:  planting plot relevant information in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it, small font at a skewed angle text message.  I don't mind when they plant easter eggs that way, but I shouldn't be required to record, replay, slow-mo, screen-cap and enlarge just to figure it out.  This week there were a couple of them and I only caught the "anomalous protein" thing from MiB's blood test.  I think there was some pertinent info in the host-fab facility but I wasn't sitting 2 feet from my screen so I missed it.  Same with the first therapist - I guess the message from home was upsetting enough that she hanged herself (unless William hallucinated that too)

10 hours ago, Broderbits said:

9 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

I had to rewind to catch it all but her data said she would have multiple affairs with patients and develop an opioid addiction. Then her partner sent the above text message.

She was reading her Incite profile. It said:

Life Projection
Loss of Medical License 1-2 Years
Divorce/Loss of Custody 2-5 Years

Risk Factors:
Multiple affairs with patients
Opioid Addiction

She then received a text from her spouse Alex:
I've taken the kids. Don't try to contact us.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, The Companion said:

I was struck tonight by the fact that the three main badasses on this show now are women. I like that the show pivoted from women as victims to women as survivors. 

I think that has been the plan all along.

I, too, like Tessa Thompson. She definitely seems to be the wild card now. Did Serac make her unpredictable?

For being such a genius, seems like the first thing Serac would have done after figuring out Hale was the host mole was make sure she no longer had access to things like, say, robot executive protection protocols.

8 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

I don't think we really know what the purpose of the palate implant is.  I don't think it makes them hallucinate (or rather, see holograms) -- that's what the glasses do.  That being said, we have seen bad guys use the palate implant to torture Caleb (though I presume that is not its intended purpose), so now William is vulnerable to that.

Wasn't the pallet implant an enhancement? I thought Caleb had a military grade one, and the stick up guys said he was lucky to have it, and they had to disable it or access it. So I assumed that William receiving one would allow him access to something (it may also allow others access to him, as the military one probably did/does for Caleb).

Also, the show's music is very Bladerunner 2024 this season. Blaring noises and tones over more normal music.

The idea that everyone needs allies to succeed was interesting. A sub theme of the show, maybe. Those who go it alone suffer and deteriorate, let alone don't win.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, FemmyV said:

Well that was interesting.
I can't imagine what William would be necessary for at this point.

His comment about being the "good guy" was really interesting.  So far, we have Delores versus Maeve/Ciroc.  Both sides have pros and cons, neither is the true white hat of the story.   William could end up being the third option that doesn't require one side being wiped out completely.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I am very, very sad about Hector.

I think the new host that Maeve made is Teddy. Gut Delores some the way she was just gutted.

it might be Teddy's body but Teddy's brain is off in robot heaven

1 hour ago, Ottis said:

I think that has been the plan all along.

I, too, like Tessa Thompson. She definitely seems to be the wild card now. Did Serac make her unpredictable?

For being such a genius, seems like the first thing Serac would have done after figuring out Hale was the host mole was make sure she no longer had access to things like, say, robot executive protection protocols.

Wasn't the pallet implant an enhancement? I thought Caleb had a military grade one, and the stick up guys said he was lucky to have it, and they had to disable it or access it. So I assumed that William receiving one would allow him access to something (it may also allow others access to him, as the military one probably did/does for Caleb).

Also, the show's music is very Bladerunner 2024 this season. Blaring noises and tones over more normal music.

The idea that everyone needs allies to succeed was interesting. A sub theme of the show, maybe. Those who go it alone suffer and deteriorate, let alone don't win.

I agree that has been the plan. I like the character arcs a lot.

With regard to the protocols, the riot bot was new and likely part of Charlores' contingency plan. 

For the pallet enhancement, it seems to be something that allows them to reduce or eliminate pain. It seems to allow for medication to be administered and we saw it manipulated to cause pain as well. My guess would be it links into the brain and CNS. Pure speculation, but I wonder if it can also be used to release adrenaline.

• Love 1

I mean I didn't like Charlotte hale... But I did enjoy her horribleness... And tessa has done an ever better job as charlores.. Seesawing between her two halves.. Throwback to the bi-cameral mind

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think what Dolores didn't anticipate was when she made Halores that Halores had Dolores' data but since Dolores was able to bond genuinely with Teddy, Peter Abernathy, Arnold, and William, Halores would also be able to form her own bonds. It seems as if Halores had a strong relationship with her "son" and the show I think is also trying to get its heart back. What's more heartrending than a mother grieving for her child?

Dolores may have some idea that the possibility for Halores to bond with Charlotte's family exists, because she explains to Halores that they chose to keep their emotions rather than burn them from their code.  

It's a curious choice for them to keep their emotions intact when they believe they're fighting for the survival of their species but she did say something about their victory possibly being meaningless without them.  

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Dolores may have some idea that the possibility for Halores to bond with Charlotte's family exists, because she explains to Halores that they chose to keep their emotions rather than burn them from their code.  

It's a curious choice for them to keep their emotions intact when they believe they're fighting for the survival of their species but she did say something about their victory possibly being meaningless without them.  

The article above postulates (and I think it has merit) that it was a reference to Teddy's suicide. Pulling the details in case anyone wants to see it but avoid spoilers from the article. 

His final speech included the line:

“What’s the use of surviving if I become just as bad as them? I understand now, how this will end, where you will lead us.” 

It quotes the conversation as:

"Why the f--- did we have to keep these emotions," Chalores asks Dolores. "We could have burnt them out of our code."

"You know why," Dolores replies. "We considered it, but if we changed ourselves just to survive, would it even matter if we did?"

I love this. If Dolores actually did change because of Teddy, it shows real character growth and helps explain some of her actions, IMO.

• Love 4

Holy crap, that went a little Clockwork Orange for an uncomfortable minute or two.

I'm kinda liking this guy Serac. He's badass.

And then the Transformer showed up. Seriously? (Still waiting for the Aliens xenomorph, Westworld. 🙄)

Serac sends his regards to you and your family, Halores. 😐 Or was it Dolores?

• Love 1

Extras drops like flies. The median time of presence of an extra in a frame is like 2 seconds. Wow!

And the scene with poor Hector was taken straight out of Once Upon a Time, when they killed off Jamie Dornan. 

Edited by skotnikov
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, paigow said:

Serac sent a team to Westworld [in Asia], found Hector among hundreds of hosts, got the pearl back to San Francisco in 2 hours???

Elon Musk's BFR must already be available for fast worldwide public transport in this future. 

23 minutes ago, skotnikov said:

And the scene with poor Hector was taken straight out of Once Upon a Time, when they killed off Jamie Dornan. 

Or The Matrix when Cypher unpluggs Switch and Arpok. 

Edited by mrspidey

I was with Halores until she destroyed Hector. Dolores keeps talking about how they are all survivors and they are a threatened species except she very willingly kills her own kind. The whole thing about Maeve needed to making sacrifices also does not make sense. It's not exactly like Maeve is in an ideal situation either; she's not been allied willingly to Serac. I really want Maeve to take some Dolori out. 

I like Ed Harris but I'm over the William storyline. Maybe Bernard can improve it. 

• Love 6

Apparently one of the blink-and-you'll-miss-it shots I was complaining about earlier included some pretty pertinent information.  There was a shot of 4 readouts from the host-printing devices showing their various states of progress.  If you freeze and zoom in, each one has a host ID number.  Two of those bodies being printed were presumably Maeve and Hector (before Charlores crushed his pearl).  One of the other two had an ID number that matched a readout from a previous season for Clementine.  So that's probably who Maeve was smirking out as she came out of the goo.

I question the wisdom of bringing back Maeve's "help" in bodies that the Doloreses will be able to instantly recognize.  I think it'd make more sense to have Clementine played by Indistinct Man in Crowd Number 3.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

As much as William is rather played out as a character (and as much as I love both actors who play him) I did enjoy the circle of Williams, and how they all just started bitching at each other, and then finally old William beat the crap out of season one William. How much could he possibly be of use at this point? His comment about being "the good guy" was kind of interesting though. Has he decided to be "the good guy" just to spite fate, which lead him to being a bad guy? 

Delores and Serac are both terrible, I am hoping that Maeve can get rid of both of their murderous self important asses. I was happy to see both Hector and Lee again, it made me really miss watching Maeves motley crew just wander around different parks snarking at each other, I could get behind that as a major part of the season. Can we find a way to get them both out of the Matrix and into the real world? Can we please have Hector back?!

I also am increasingly liking Host Charlotte, and now that her family is dead after being assassinated by Serac and abandoned by Delores, she is gonna be looking to blow some shit up! Knowing that she is also a copy of Delores herself, its kind of funny to me when she talks to Delores now, like this is all Delores just talking to herself in the mirror. "You are mine and I am yours, your the best and most awesome robot in the whole world, because your based on the best and most awesome robot in the whole world..."

I will so miss Michael Ealy and his pretty pretty face. We lost him ANFD Hector in one episode, its just not fair!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Athena said:

I was with Halores until she destroyed Hector. Dolores keeps talking about how they are all survivors and they are a threatened species except she very willingly kills her own kind. The whole thing about Maeve needed to making sacrifices also does not make sense. It's not exactly like Maeve is in an ideal situation either; she's not been allied willingly to Serac. I really want Maeve to take some Dolori out. 

I like Ed Harris but I'm over the William storyline. Maybe Bernard can improve it. 

Well that Dolores only knows up to the park massacre and Dolores fleeing... So she's responding with that info.. I dunno if  she knows that Maeve is kinda being forced into this... Also she's just there to prepare maeve for all the ways that cult leader/ Abusive spouse Dolores will come at her

One other thing that bothered me -- William's self important speech about how we've squeezed this planet dry, blah blah blah.  Basically saying humanity has despoiled the planet.  Really?  I don't think we've seen any evidence to support that.