Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: Stooping to a Lower Level

• Start Topic

In the city, Tinsley defends herself to Sonja and Leah over her continuing feud with Dorinda; to celebrate the end of summer the ladies head out to Ramona's house in the Hamptons for a long weekend; Tinsley's flu leaves her voiceless.

Airs April 9, 2020.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

I wonder how the Coronavirus is going to affect the filming of this show. 

They don't film until the end of summer, so I guess we have to wait and see. With NYC such a hotbed, it may take that long to approach normalcy there.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I didn't know Luann still had her Hamptons house?

I believe it’s located in Sag Harbor  which I don’t think is considered part of the Hamptons. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Errors
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I didn't know Luann still had her Hamptons house?

I think she wanted to sell it but her kids didn’t want her to.  It was during that time the count stepped in for the kids to resolve the issue of their trust.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I wonder if Ramona knew that her sweater/top was so sheer you can see her bra through it?

Typical Ramona complaining that no one picked up, so Tins and Leah end up doing it!  😄😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

So, is Tinsley telling the truth about Scott, as she said in one point of the first scene, or is she withholding information, because Dorinda’s been a bitch?  Either one would be fine, but I wish I knew which version we were getting.  I thought an arrangement could be anything.  If Scott and Tinsley are not together, but still see each other and still communicate, and Tinsley is still upset about the break-up, that’s not an arrangement?  Does an “arrangement” have to involve cash and/or gifts?  I’m actually confused about this.

Ugh, kill me, I agree with Sonja about beautiful women and tattoos (and I think Kelly said it’s like putting a bumper sticker on a Bentley a few seasons ago, so kill me twice for agreeing with both of them). A tattoo of your own name on your lower back is...probably something Leah should definitely get removed.  

I hate when the women on these shows talk to their staff as if they’re their friends, the way Bethenny did all last season and Dorinda and Luann did in this episode.  Don’t they know how desperate it makes them look?  Their staff are being paid to be nice to them, and they’re a captive audience.  Why make them do more than their jobs?

Wow, Ramona ordering a Diet Coke with Lu and offering her the room with the private entrance?  I have never seen her this gracious.  What’s going on?  My hunch?  Ramona’s trying to “make it nice” for a new season.  It’s another renewal.  

Ramona’s property looks great.  I don’t love Luann’s house in Sag, the way I never loved her house in the city.  Too small to be aspirational.  Holy shit, Countess!  It was rude of Ramona to give you a basement?  She’s always been such a jealous bitch about Ramona’s property.  In season 10, when Ramona was so proud to reveal her redone Hamptons home, which was gorgeous, Luann was gossiping about it to someone else, saying “there was not a flower to be seen.”  Luann, your home is like 1,200 square feet.  Jealous much?

Dorinda’s hair looks like the Little Dutch Boy in her talking head.  She’s coming apart at the seams.  It’s probably a combo of alcohol and lack of funds.  

• Love 12

My niece is one of my favorite people in the world and she’s a tattoo artist, so, bite me Dorinda.

The new chick reminds me of Brownstone on RHBH.  The one with the 67 kids.  And, that’s not a compliment.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
Just now, SailorGirl said:

That's not what she said. She said she wishes she had someone to help ease the pressure and help her deal with what is a LOT of added stress from a major house reno. Its a lot for one person to deal with 100% on your own.

As someone who doesn't have anyone strong in her life and no family to lean on, and has to do everything for myself, by myself, ALL THE TIME, it is mentally, emotionally, and physically draining. I get it, 100%. I internalize it, which isn't healthy at all. At least Dorinda gets it out -- the way she doesn't it isn't healthy, by attacking people, but at least she gets it out. 

I stand by my original post..... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I think they filmed the present show lastOctober 2019, if that’s what you mean.

I was wondering about the future of filming this show. It seems they tape late summer to maybe late Fall. They probably will have to film the next season much later than usual. 

• Love 7
Just now, Straycat80 said:

I was wondering about the future of filming this show. It seems they tape late summer to maybe late Fall. They probably will have to film the next season much later than usual. 

Yes .. I think you’re right.

• Love 2

Yes, Dorinda does like a good analogy.

Really, tattoos? The thought did cross my mind in all the years I’ve watched this show that none of them have them, save Tinsley having a visible one on her wrist. But to make their new cast member feel uncomfortable? IDK...It just shows their age. 

I’m here for Leah. She’s giving me Bethenny energy. 

Luann saying Leah was confident enough to order a mocktail was really interesting.

Ramona: “I have a lot of fucking friends!” Any scene with Coco just melts my heart. Those precious yellow bows! 

• Love 20

Ramona may think she’s just being social (stopping at the bar to give her # to some guy, stopping by a table to say hello to her friend, answering her phone and messages at dinner), but she’s being rude to the people that she is allegedly entertaining in her home that weekend. 

• Love 22

I can understand Dorinda wanting someone to take care of her for a moment, I’ve been there too.  However, her being in a bad place does not mean she should be given a pass for treating people badly.  Perhaps her stress is making her drink more than usual and we all know how that turns out.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 19

I think it was interesting that Leah said she moved to Connecticut when she was 13?  I thought last episode she was born and raised in Chelsea.  And she was kicked out at 17, but went to an all-girls Catholic school on the Lower East Side?  The plot thickens.  At least she’s not saying she was “raised by wolves” (yet)!

Oh my God, Leah was having a shit time because her kid had a bad day at school?!?  This is going to be a long season if we’re bringing in Aviva-level sensitivity here (“I don’t need a Xanax; I just need my husband!!!”)

So Tinsley doesn’t know what “touché” means?  I totally expected it from Sonja to be rude and ungracious in someone else’s home to say something they said is wrong when it’s not, but I didn’t expect it from Tinsley.  

I didn’t know Tinsley’s ex-husband was named Robert Lee.  Is he from Richmond too?  I thought they met at boarding school, but I don’t know his origins. 

Oh my God, Ramona is so crazy!  She was so nice that I didn’t even recognize her, to just snapping and saying she doesn’t talk to people with tattoos and making other people clean her house.  Is she actually crazy?  I can’t account for this behavior, the way I’ve sort of been able to stitch it together in the past.  

Wow, I feel like there are going to be a lot of good fights this season between Tinsley, Sonja, Leah and Dorinda.  Especially if Leah stays sober and can step to Dorinda like that...this is literally the first time I’ve been excited about the new season.  Fighting about who said what about a tattoo and how others perceived it is why I watch.  The heavy drama of ghosts of former ex-fiancées pulling a Housewife toward death because she ate some miso soup may finally be a thing of the past.  

Why is Sonja so jealous of Ramona?  Because she divorced well aka she has clear running water in her pipes?

Does anyone know why Luann is pretending not to drink?  I thought she was pretty much counting down the days at the last reunion.  Who is she trying to impress, her kids, so they won’t sue her again?  

This was a cute episode.  I liked that the biggest problem in the end was Ramona being too social.  I loved that Leah seemed to be truly over the tramp stamp comment with Dorinda, and expressed the same to her at dinner.  They were keeping it light and moving, and next week looks amazing!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
32 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Dorinda misses a man paying her bills....

Do you think it's the money? I think she's missing someone doing all the "adulting" for her, like hiring contractors and dealing with insurance companies and budgets. 

Nevermind, I think you've already answered this.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
5 minutes ago, ancslove said:

Ouch, Luann!  In her own way, I think Ramona was genuinely trying to make her happy with a nice, big, private space of her own.  

In other news, John built and runs his own very successful and well-regarded business.  Why does Dorinda not think he can help with a house renovation?

Dorinda is putting on the water works because she was a bitch last week with Tinsley.  So she has to take care of renovations.  So what?  She owns a tremendous house and things happen.

• Love 21