Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: Stooping to a Lower Level

• Start Topic

Just now, 65mickey said:

Maybe if Dorinda hadn't been nasty to the lady from last season, the one who owned a construction company, sorry I can't remember her name, she could have given her some advice on whom to hire and how to deal with contractors and insurance companies. Also agree that she could lean on John but then again she has treated him horribly at least on the show. I'm sure she makes him feel like he is not worthy to help with decisions regarding the mansion that the sainted Richard bought for her.  

Barbra lol 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Tattoo-gate is stupid. Who cares if Leah has tattoos. I never understand people who fixate on things that have nothing to do with them. Sometimes you can just leave your opinion, which you are entitled to, to yourself. This just seems like a silly hill to die on.

They were acting like a bunch of old farts over a few tattoos.  What happened to Ramoaner?  One minute she was the gracious hostess, the next minute, she made her guests clean up the place.  They all needed a long nap.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I believe it’s in SagHarbor which i don’t think us considered Hamptons. 

Everyone calls it the Hamptons because it’s in the township of East Hampton and South Hampton.  It’s very quaint and beautiful. 😻

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Any scene with Coco just melts my heart. Those precious yellow bows! 

Lots of Coco on Ramona's IG.  She is a rock star.  Remember a few seasons back where Ramona was walking Coco on the NY streets and hung up on Bethenny for not supporting other women.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

I did not realize that Leah is only 37.  She is close to 20 years younger than a few of them.  They will make it tough for her.

I was really surprised some of them would be so vocal in their opinions about tattoos.  I’m not crazy about tattoos on women but I just believe that people should do what they like.  It’s their body not mine.  

I miss the old Sonya in all her antiquated glory.  The townhouse and the expensive designer clothing.  Now she’s in that apartment which I can understand, but she’s always wearing the clothing from her line and it’s usually less than.  That dress at dinner yikes.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I did not realize that Leah is only 37.  She is close to 20 years younger than a few of them.  They will make it tough for her.

I was really surprised some of them would be so vocal in their opinions about tattoos.  I’m not crazy about tattoos on women but I just feel believe people should do what they like.  It’s their body not mine.  

I miss the old Sonya in all her antiquated glory.  The townhouse and the expensive designer clothing.  Now she’s in that apartment which I can understand but she’s always wearing the clothing from her line and it’s usually less than.  That dress at dinner yikes.

i'm a boomer and i hate tattoos but i would never tell anyone with them how i feel.  

• Love 23

It’s so odd that they all have to wave their arms about whenever they talk.  The new girl will be doing it soon too I guess.

The eyelashes and nails and extensions don’t seem to be as big anymore. And the boob jobs are way softer than those hard bolt-ons the other housewives sport  ( Tamra for instance). Maybe better surgeons in NY.

Hope there’s going to be something juicier than tattoo-gate or the Tinsley/Scott debacle. 

• Love 5

Can you believe it girls? Luanne is upset with her guest accommodations! J/k, it’s 100% believable and classic Lu. Were the previews indicating that she actually leaves in the middle of the night over the issue?

Sonja has something major going on with her face and it’s not good at all. It’s sad because I always thought she was so pretty (on the outside... inside not necessarily). 

Glad Leah continues to stand her ground with Dorinda. Lord knows somebody needs to. 

2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I wonder how the Coronavirus is going to affect the filming of this show. 

I’ll tell you how. Not well, *****!  (Ok please tell me you get the reference!) In all seriousness, though, I think this pandemic is going to delay the filming of most Bravo shows— and probably cause the cancellation of others. 

2 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I didn't know Luann still had her Hamptons house?

Me neither! I was surprised to see her there. I wonder where she stays in the city when she films there? 

Edited by Duke2801
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

Dorinda's mean streak seems fuelled by jealousy and pettiness. She's stressed out by how much her renovations are costing, I get that, but she goes out of her way to insult and hurt other people. She's not going to win if she goes up against Leah, because Leah keeps a sober and level head about her. Dorinda will just lose her shit and look like an idiot, and it will all be on camera.

And Sonja just hitches her wagon to the alpha dog, I see.

19 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I keep seeing constant references to “Goodnight from the lower level”, all over another site. Did I miss it?

It's on the preview for next week: it looks like LuAnn leaves the house and then sends a long text saying how insulted she was to be put in the basement, and ends it with 'goodnight from the lower level'

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Holy. Sonja’s new TH look: silver sequins, plunging neckline, faux pearl barrette. She looks like a Jennifer Coolidge character in a Christopher Guest film.

Uh, ...has our girl Sonja gained some weight ?

In her talking heads, she looks.....thicker. 

Then the printed wrap dress at dinner......she looks like shes trying to cover up the thicker. 

1 minute ago, Bossa Nova said:

Uh, ...has our girl Sonja gained some weight ?

In her talking heads, she looks.....thicker. 

Then the printed wrap dress at dinner......she looks like shes trying to cover up the thicker. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Why do they all sound like they just got done screaming and chainsmoking with a congested nose for 24hrs straight?

They have the corhonyvirus  ; )

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, HeddaGabler said:

Dorinda's mean streak seems fuelled by jealousy and pettiness. She's stressed out by how much her renovations are costing, I get that, but she goes out of her way to insult and hurt other people. She's not going to win if she goes up against Leah, because Leah keeps a sober and level head about her. Dorinda will just lose her shit and look like an idiot, and it will all be on camera.

And Sonja just hitches her wagon to the alpha dog, I see.

It's on the preview for next week: it looks like LuAnn leaves the house and then sends a long text saying how insulted she was to be put in the basement, and ends it with 'goodnight from the lower level'

Ah, thank you. My DVR caught off right when Sonya was discussing her pubic situation. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

If I'm not mistaken, Dorinda's sister & mother both live near her Blue Stone Manor, so she couldn't talk to them about her reno problems?  Not that they could solve them, but just general venting and talking about local contractors to use?  And ITA, John's business experience would make him a great person to lend an ear and a shoulder.  How does John never having been married or have kids factor into being supportive for home renovationss?  I've not done either yet handled my renos when I got dinged by a windstorm.  I got all the HVAC, roofing, and foundation stuff fixed without being a generalized bitch to everyone I know.  Ugh, she just bugs me so much.  I think with Bethenny being gone, my annoyance with Dorinda is going to amplify.

As for the others, I find their predictable craziness kind of oddly reassuring in these crazy times.  Lu being a diva, Ramona never quite getting hosting right, Sonja stirring the pot, and Tinsely talking about Scott...comforting clockwork. LOL

But Leah should get that tramp stamp removed--the font was horrid.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

As soon as someone’s phone starting ringing at dinner, everyone knew it had to be Ramona right?  Unless you are waiting for some kind of emergency call, which you explain up front, my biggest pet peeve is someone messing with their phone when they are at dinner with other people.

Mistake

• Love 1
10 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Really, tattoos? The thought did cross my mind in all the years I’ve watched this show that none of them have them, save Tinsley having a visible one on her wrist. But to make their new cast member feel uncomfortable? IDK...It just shows their age. 

It is a generational difference, isn’t it?  They want to appear young, youthful and hip yet they can’t help themselves with their new money values.  Times have changed ladies. You can have beautiful clothes and jewelry  that you pay for yourself, you can have a tramp stamp and not be one and you can be a married lady and be a slut. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I am not understanding Luannes entitlement when it comes to the rooms......bitch they could not invite you at all and that would solve so many problems ....

Maybe they all feel the need to take her down a notch.  Last night, Ramoaner gave her a room for a quick access for a pirate from the Hamptons?  It is a big boating and fishing town.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

So, is Tinsley telling the truth about Scott, as she said in one point of the first scene, or is she withholding information, because Dorinda’s been a bitch?  Either one would be fine, but I wish I knew which version we were getting.  I thought an arrangement could be anything.  If Scott and Tinsley are not together, but still see each other and still communicate, and Tinsley is still upset about the break-up, that’s not an arrangement?  Does an “arrangement” have to involve cash and/or gifts?  I’m actually confused about this.

Ugh, kill me, I agree with Sonja about beautiful women and tattoos (and I think Kelly said it’s like putting a bumper sticker on a Bentley a few seasons ago, so kill me twice for agreeing with both of them). A tattoo of your own name on your lower back is...probably something Leah should definitely get removed.  

I hate when the women on these shows talk to their staff as if they’re their friends, the way Bethenny did all last season and Dorinda and Luann did in this episode.  Don’t they know how desperate it makes them look?  Their staff are being paid to be nice to them, and they’re a captive audience.  Why make them do more than their jobs?

Wow, Ramona ordering a Diet Coke with Lu and offering her the room with the private entrance?  I have never seen her this gracious.  What’s going on?  My hunch?  Ramona’s trying to “make it nice” for a new season.  It’s another renewal.  

Ramona’s property looks great.  I don’t love Luann’s house in Sag, the way I never loved her house in the city.  Too small to be aspirational.  Holy shit, Countess!  It was rude of Ramona to give you a basement?  She’s always been such a jealous bitch about Ramona’s property.  In season 10, when Ramona was so proud to reveal her redone Hamptons home, which was gorgeous, Luann was gossiping about it to someone else, saying “there was not a flower to be seen.”  Luann, your home is like 1,200 square feet.  Jealous much?

Dorinda’s hair looks like the Little Dutch Boy in her talking head.  She’s coming apart at the seams.  It’s probably a combo of alcohol and lack of funds.  

LuAnns two houses ( if she still has upstate), are pretty small.  She probably doesn’t want company to entertain.  Btw, how come nobody tells Dorinda she needs help?  Are they afraid of her?  I have a feeling the new girl will tell her off.

• Love 6

Didn’t Dorinda marry into money and status with Richard? How can she judge Tinsley for being involved with a wealthy man ? Dorinda is not a good friend, and if I were Tinsley I wouldn’t share any details with her either. It bums me out because I used to really like Dorinda. 

• Love 22
11 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Do you think it's the money? I think she's missing someone doing all the "adulting" for her, like hiring contractors and dealing with insurance companies and budgets. 

Nevermind, I think you've already answered this.

I’m sure John knows lots of people that know about Dorinda’s house problems.  She can turn to him.  John will probably give her the $15,000, but I think she can afford it.  She just wants sympathy because she’s been a bitch lately.  Maybe she’ll turn to Barbara the builder.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

I often wish there was someone in my life who could just take a little of it off of me and say, okay, you don't need to worry about this part of it, I've got it covered for you. It would be amazing.

If sheltering-in-place goes on much longer, I'll be happy to send "someone" over for you to try out. 😣

• LOL 19
  • Love 2

Sonja's the last person to judge another person over a tattoo.  She proudly shouts it to the rooftop of every guy she's slept with and where they did it.  Now she wants to act all uppity?  That ship sailed, Sonja.  It's too late to act virginal now.

It sounds like Dorinda was used to having Richard handle everything, so apparently it's pretty overwhelming for her to have to make these big decisions.  She needs to talk to her friends during this time just for some emotional support.  She accuses Tinsley of not being an open book, well, pot meet kettle because if you're that stressed out, you need to reach out to those around you who might be able to help.  As others have said, this is no excuse for treating others like shit though.

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Sonja's the last person to judge another person over a tattoo.  She proudly shouts it to the rooftop of every guy she's slept with and where they did it.  Now she wants to act all uppity?  That ship sailed, Sonja.  It's too late to act virginal now.

It sounds like Dorinda was used to having Richard handle everything, so apparently it's pretty overwhelming for her to have to make these big decisions.  She needs to talk to her friends during this time just for some emotional support.  She accuses Tinsley of not being an open book, well, pot meet kettle because if you're that stressed out, you need to reach out to those around you who might be able to help.  As others have said, this is no excuse for treating others like shit though.

This excuse makes me so ragey. I try to tell myself that everyone's pain is valid, but I agree with you, it comes across as an excuse. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I didn't know Luann still had her Hamptons house?

12 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I think she wanted to sell it but her kids didn’t want her to.  It was during that time the count stepped in for the kids to resolve the issue of their trust.

I think putting her kids on the title might have been the only way for Luann to settle the trust lawsuit. I think she co-owns it with the kids. It's possible the kids might allow minimal filming at the house, but might object to filmed overnight shoots with some of the women staying over, especially after Ramona trashed Dorinda's house trying to turn off the temporary lights in one of the rooms.

11 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Dorinda’s whining about John not knowing how much she has with dealing with property because he runs a business.

As a business owner, I find that awful. Running your own business is really, really hard which is why 80% fail in the first couple of years, 

making sure you can clear enough to make payroll, can be very difficult.

I am not dismissing Dorinda’s stress or responsibility but she essentially said, John doesn’t understand responsibility- he’s a business owner.

May she hit a button with me tonight

John also owns house in Queens, which is where Dorinda stores her car.

I think a lot of Dorinda's digs about John are not so subtly about class. She's doing work on her Stanford White house in the Berkshires while John probably owns a $2 million fairly recently built home in Queens. Even if he knows people who could do the work, I think she's kind of suggesting that he doesn't know the kind of people who could do period specific work.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Didn’t Dorinda marry into money and status with Richard? How can she judge Tinsley for being involved with a wealthy man ? Dorinda is not a good friend, and if I were Tinsley I wouldn’t share any details with her either. It bums me out because I used to really like Dorinda. 

I really enjoyed Dorinda at first too - but now wtf?!

• Love 17
12 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

What happened to Ramoaner?  One minute she was the gracious hostess, the next minute, she made her guests clean up the place.

I think she was mad because Sonja and Dorinda left the table without picking up after themselves, so she whined enough that Tinsley & Leah ended up picking up everybody's dishes. 

• Love 8

the ladies were something else with Leah lol Luanne seemed okay with her though. I’m so surprised by Sonja’s take on tattoos lol. She’s the trashiest one to me lol. I actually thought Leah was the complete opposite of Brauwyn from Orange County lol. Brauwyn broke into tears when Tamra came after her but like even Dorinda said Leah holds her own. 

• Love 9