Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: Stooping to a Lower Level

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Yeah, because only young people know what's happening, right?  I think "OK Boomer" is agest, just saying.

Apparently older women aren't supposed to talk about sex, or think about getting married, or anything except what, dying?  Good to know.

You're overthinking my comment...my kids are all over thirty and when they say this they are teasing me and my husband but also, they give me pause to think that maybe I'm being "old" in my references or comments. And sometimes I do make statements that sound old farty...older women can talk about anything they want to...I never said they can't. But their comments about Leah's tatoos were judgmental. Anyone who has an adult child knows that tattooing is seen as art or remembrance...it's not a sailor or convict thing anymore. When these women made those comments they showed their lack of knowledge about current social norms...tattoos are pretty common now amongst men and women...and generally accepted by most everyone. Apparently not on the Upper East Side of Manhattan or in the Hamptons.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 4/10/2020 at 1:13 PM, Axie said:

I’m kind of surprised Luann’s daughter doesn’t have tattoos.  Just seems like she would. 

She probably does along with Sonya and Romana’s daughters.  The ladies are really showing their ages with their tattoo comments.   Especially Dorinda, she’s ridiculous.  

• Love 4

I used to like Dorinda. *sigh*

I was so off put by the tattoo-bashing. I recall Dorinda attending a women's march in Washington a few years back. I'd venture a guess that some of those ladies in hand knit pu**y-accessories sported a few tattoos. Makes me feel like Do is a bit of a hypocrite. 

That said, Leah seems a bit ummm volatile. I don't know what we're going to get with her but I don't really like her that much. 

Tinsley is the only one that's containing herself decently. These women are a wreck as it is. 

LuAnn is aging great. I agree. Personality leaves plenty to be desired but looks-wise she is a beauty.

• Love 3

I kind of get where Dorinda is coming from. When you are single and running a household and managing your own affairs, and all of your friends are married (ladies on the show notwithstanding) you never get an ounce of credit or any slack for how consuming that can be. Sometimes it can be overwhelming. And sometimes you just get sick of being overwhelmed. No you don’t need a man. You certainly don’t. But not having a partner in life kinda stinks sometimes. You get over it, but sometimes it just stinks. And you don’t need or want Ramona trying to hug you like you’re six and afraid of the dark. Sometimes you just need to lose your shit a little bit. Then you pick up and keep going. I kinda get it.

That poor dog groomer. He was a good sport. 

Sonja still has a good figure, just the alcohol bloat is pushing the limits of her tummy tuck 😬

• Love 5

I just started watching season six, and when Kristen goes over to Sonja’s house for a spray-tan, Sonja notices out loud that Kristen has at least two tattoos.  Just wanted to throw that out there that Tinsley wasn’t the first RHNYC to have a tattoo, in case anyone was interested.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Insofar as it relates to this episode, In season 7, episode 2, Sonja gets Ramona’s basement/lower level so that Ramona’s new bestie Dorinda can have the upstairs, and Sonja complained about it, so I guess this really is a thing that Luann didn’t make up *just* to be a bitch 😀

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Just the facts
  • Love 2
On 4/10/2020 at 1:17 PM, Rahul said:

I re-watched the Scary Island episodes from season 3 and its unsettling how much Sonja's personality has changed over the years. When Sonja first joined the show, she was elegant, put together, ostensibly intelligent, reasonably well spoken, empathetic and the voice of reason. Sonja was the first one to identify Kelly has a few screws loose and was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and as such took Kelly under her wing to protect her. 

In following seasons we've seen Sonja's mind in a shockingly parallel state of disarray to her dilapidated town house. How much of Sonja's eccentric, sloppy, slapstick-loving, sexaholic persona has been curated to secure screen time? Inquiring minds want to know. If she really has devolved into the mess she is today I would advise her to see a neurologist because something isn't right there.  

Exactly. Sonja was so lovely, an absolute favorite Housewife of mine, and watching her spiral into this sloppy drunk is sad. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2