Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Who's Crying Now

• Start Topic

On 4/4/2020 at 3:47 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

My almost 97 yo father refers to suitcases as valises. Can’t help but laugh when he uses that term.

My grandparents called them Valises too! Thanks for the fun memory. Is your dad Italian-American by chance? I always remember my grandma saying: bring me my valise, It always cracked me up.

so is Yolanda the dumbest person they have ever featured on this show? Is she mentally disabled? 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, RealReality said:

I completely understand Usmans fear.  He cannot even pretend that his "love" for Lisa plays a role in his decisions to come to the states.  He talked solely about opportunity.  He is willing to be nice and play along.....but she is absolutely insufferable.  

She never even apologized for her horrible behavior instead she just went on the defensive.  First, it was that Usman wasn't perfect either and then it was that "no one is perfect.". Then she blamed her actions on being in a foreign country, jetlag and lack of sleep.  Not a one of those things justifies being a constant asshole.  

I actually had a little empathy for Baby Love Lisa when she was standing guard in her oatmeal colored sweatshirt, which was stretched over her bloated stomach. With all the traveling and unfamiliar buckets, she looked painfully constipated. 

22 hours ago, iwasish said:

Rose should have kept Ed out of her pants for a bit longer. She gave up the only bargaining chip she has. She may very well end up dumped and pregnant. Seeing her home and how little she has,  he’s hyper aware of possibility that she’s using him solely as a ticket to paradise. 

Bingo! If they weren't on TV, I'm afraid the 3rd world reality would've sent Big Egg scrambling back to San Diego after their one-night stand.

The Big Egg looks scared to death now, even with a camera crew, and it might even occur to the big dummy that he'll be supporting Rose's whole family & the chickens too. His Queen, lol, "and I'm your ______? Say it Rose." 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

What about Big Egg saying "It is "Like" a 3rd world country. It IS a 3rd world country you idiot!

I agree Rose is disgusted by him and is taking one for the team. You can see in her face, her saying that she has to do this to better her life and that of her family. It is so so so so sad.

I think she could reel in a slightly better one. Dammit, she didn't realize how short and fat and weeble like he is!

And he is so NEEDY! did you enjoy it? do you like me? you're my queen, who am I to you? Ugh! No Ed, she is repulsed by you, utterly repulsed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
38 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

actually had a little empathy for Baby Love Lisa when she was standing guard in her oatmeal colored sweatshirt, which was stretched over her bloated stomach. With all the traveling and unfamiliar buckets, she looked painfully constipated. 

So much constipated.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 4/6/2020 at 12:00 AM, magemaud said:

All the Talking Heads appear to be filmed at the same time, probably at end of the season. But I’ll bet Ed can regrow a beard practically overnight 

He's the world's ugliest chia pet. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

I think she could reel in a slightly better one. Dammit, she didn't realize how short and fat and weeble like he is!

I can’t believe HE was the best option out of 4000 FB friends! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

What about Big Egg saying "It is "Like" a 3rd world country. It IS a 3rd world country you idiot!

I agree Rose is disgusted by him and is taking one for the team. You can see in her face, her saying that she has to do this to better her life and that of her family. It is so so so so sad.

And he is so NEEDY! did you enjoy it? do you like me? you're my queen, who am I to you? Ugh! No Ed, she is repulsed by you, utterly repulsed.

100% to all of this!  I kept singing that song from my childhood:  "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down."  

So needy!  The constant need for affirmation - dude, if you need to ask the next day......well it wasn't that good.  And stop telling people you did the deed.

No doors, no toilet?  Chickens and other livestock (and critters) seem to wander in at all times?  Yeah......that is third world.

A loooong time ago, I am talking 2005?  There was a show about men who traveled to Russia to meet their soulmate.  This one really stands out, still, as he was just your stereotype:  Bald, paunchy, wore sandals with socks, camera around his neck, ugly clothing.  He has breakfast with other guys on the trip and whips out a picture of him and his "girlfriend" and announces:  "This was the morning after we made love!"  I was like, EEEEWWWW!   I can NOT imagine either man I have been married to nor any guy I dated (and trust me the list is NOT that long!)  showing a picture and announcing that.  Then again, I did not date weird losers.  Cause that what Ed is - a weird loser.  He presented well at first then.......all downhill.

• Love 15
On 4/4/2020 at 2:16 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I think they are old enough to be classified as “valises.”

Va-Lisas in this case.

On 4/6/2020 at 10:46 AM, Spike said:

Ed is surprised that a third world country is “like a third world country.”   Is he going for a 40s starlet looks when he flips the long greasy locks over to one side? 

Virginia Mayo.

21 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Some people are slow to warm up.  Also, I'll mention something that to me is a biggie.  From my experience, (I have also read about this in science articles), human scent is a big deal when it comes to romance.  If the scent is not there, it's unlikely you will have a lot of sparks.(I'm not talking about body odor, like sweat, but, the person's body chemistry.)   So, I wonder if some of these people who have not met one on one, get together, onlly to realize the chemistry is just not there.  There's really nothing you can do about it.  It is what it is.  I hope they don't try to force it. 

I 100% believe this.  Pheromones.  You'll never know if you're going to be compatible with someone till you've been in the same room with them.

17 hours ago, nytonc said:

I’ve received them too. Just FYI...if you don’t want to disable the camera, just stick a post-it note over the lens.

I started doing this about a decade ago, when there was some scandal about administrators at a high school in Pennsylvania spying on their students through laptops they'd been given by the school.  I put a sticker over my camera lens, and everybody I knew laughed at me.  Then years later Bill Gates, I think it was, announced that he was covering his lens, too.  So suck it, everyone who made fun of me!

I'm loving reading all your hilarious takes.  This is my first season, and I know I have much to learn, so be gentle with me.

• LOL 9
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Some people are slow to warm up.  Also, I'll mention something that to me is a biggie.  From my experience, (I have also read about this in science articles), human scent is a big deal when it comes to romance.  If the scent is not there, it's unlikely you will have a lot of sparks.(I'm not talking about body odor, like sweat, but, the person's body chemistry.)   So, I wonder if some of these people who have not met one on one, get together, onlly to realize the chemistry is just not there.  There's really nothing you can do about it.  It is what it is.  I hope they don't try to force it. 

Jesse, is that you?

• LOL 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

I started doing this about a decade ago, when there was some scandal about administrators at a high school in Pennsylvania spying on their students through laptops they'd been given by the school.  I put a sticker over my camera lens, and everybody I knew laughed at me.  Then years later Bill Gates, I think it was, announced that he was covering his lens, too.  So suck it, everyone who made fun of me!

New HP laptops come with a slide cover for the camera for this exact purpose.

I use a small dot sticker.  I bought a package, so that I can remove a dot, do a Zoom call with friends, and place a new dot when I'm done.

Re:  Yolanda and her threatening email.  Turn it over to the police, or find yourself a qualified IT person, who can figure out from which IP address the email came.  

Or just stare at the email blankly, and keep repeating that "Wi-yems" has never spoken to me like that.  SMH.

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Sterling said:

New HP laptops come with a slide cover for the camera for this exact purpose.

I use a small dot sticker.  I bought a package, so that I can remove a dot, do a Zoom call with friends, and place a new dot when I'm done.

Good on HP.  I'm surprised it took so long to make the lens coverable.  I've been recycling those preprinted address labels that charities send you even if they don't know whether you support them. Some come with little stamp-size bits, self-adhesive and just the right size to go over the lens. They peel right off when you need to use the camera.  But Yolan-Duh probably couldn't master the necessary skill involved.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!  It's been so much fun lurking!

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Re:  Yolanda and her threatening email.  Turn it over to the police, or find yourself a qualified IT person, who can figure out from which IP address the email came.  

Or just stare at the email blankly, and keep repeating that "Wi-yems" has never spoken to me like that.  

Yolanda, he has never spoken to you like that because, wait for it.......YOU HAVE NEVER SPOKEN!  Ever!!!  Like she can't figure out that someone can have two emails??  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Big Egg! Hah!!

I think her father wants to sleep in Rose's house to make sure she DOES do the nasty...she is a commodity that will add value to their family, maybe not all of them will make to the US but they know Rose will be able to send them money.

Rose telling Big Egg that she enjoyed the sex, ick.  She should get an Emmy for best performance ever.

I get that Rose and her sister have a humble abode but why is there a pile of crap piled to the ceiling? Seems unsafe for Prince to be anywhere near that leaning tower of crap.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I think I've just found my next "hunkerdown" project. I have an unopened bag of shredded coconut begging me to make it a treat. 

I found 4 bags of cake and cookie mixes that expired in 2013. I made a cake! It was fine, it was delicious! Betty Crocker Confetti cake! I must have got it free when I was extreme couponing back then. I'm not a baker.

I see they have Robert, the genius, back on Pillow Talk to annoy the crap out of me. When he sees the chicken in Rose's hometown he says:

Like, FDA, like there,  all over dat man

• Love 6
(edited)

Yolanda has been portrayed to be in such a very uniformed state that it causes me to question her cognitive ability.  Her kids may need to be talking to a doctor or attorney about managing her affairs.  Her delusional behavior is scary.  I can't imagine my mom behaving that way and being so stubborn about it.  THAT indicates something is very wrong with her.  Things like this do happen to people in their 50's, though, it's rare.  I'd try to get her evaluated. One of the factors that is considered is if she is a vulnerable adult, who is in jeopardy of being taken advantage of. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yolanda has been portrayed to be in such a very uniformed state that it causes me to question her cognitive ability.  Her kids may need to be talking to a doctor or attorney about managing her affairs.  Her delusional behavior is scary.  I can't imagine my mom behaving that way and being so stubborn about it.  THAT indicates something is very wrong with her.  Things like this do happen to people in their 50's, though, it's rare.  I'd try to get her evaluated. One of the factors that is considered is if she is a vulnerable adult, who is in jeopardy of being taken advantage of. 

Yes, she cannot be this dumb. She seems very mentally slow, maybe she was always like this though and it is not a cognitive decline of aging. I think one would have to know her previously if she has changed. I think she had no clue though that her husband was a criminal and was shocked when he went to jail. Sounds like she never had all the tools. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Spike said:

If she’s not embarrassed about being married to a career criminal it’s hard to imagine nude pics would do much.

Duh-Wayne's prison buddies might enjoy them! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I like "Wow, look at you!". or, when being shown pictures, "just look at that face!" 

when admiring someone’s “less” than adorable baby.... “he’s breathtaking” 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

Yes, she cannot be this dumb. She seems very mentally slow, maybe she was always like this though and it is not a cognitive decline of aging. I think one would have to know her previously if she has changed. 

My guess is that was dropped on her head when she was a baby. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, she did say that she refused to give Williams money, when he asked for it once.  I wonder if that is true or that she DID give him money.  I don't trust her word about it.  

And the biggest clue is that the day after she refused to give him money, he vanished!

How was the daughter able to find his name and phone number from the fake instagram? He has his real name right there the whole time? She never checked it?

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Big Egg! Hah!!

I think her father wants to sleep in Rose's house to make sure she DOES do the nasty...she is a commodity that will add value to their family, maybe not all of them will make to the US but they know Rose will be able to send them money.

Rose telling Big Egg that she enjoyed the sex, ick.  She should get an Emmy for best performance ever.

I get that Rose and her sister have a humble abode but why is there a pile of crap piled to the ceiling? Seems unsafe for Prince to be anywhere near that leaning tower of crap

Probably stuff Rose gets from her other internet buddies and they sell in the sisters store. Same place all the other stuff Ed says he sent and was never received  went. 

Roses giddy little performance in front of the producers camera “the morning after” said things couldn’t have been that bad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Heck she should take the Emmy, the Oscar and the Congressional Medal of Honor all rolled into one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Also Yolanda not being able to tell that was not a British accent. All Americans know what a British accent is- we have heard it our whole lives. Many entertainers and famous people from Britain have always been on our TVs etc. Same as in Britian, they all can recognize an American accent. Even someone that isn't good at accents, and might think an Australian is British, would know the difference between a British and a Nigerian accent.  Even my mentally disabled son can tell you a British accent. 

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, RealReality said:

I don't know what else Avery could really offer him.  There isn't a huge wealth gap and he lives fairly comfortably in Australia and hasn't asked her for money.  

Do we have any Australians here who can chime in on this? Would Ash, as a dark skinned immigrant from Mauritius, be a "second class citizen" in Australia?  Could he not get a white, thirty year old dope-loving single mom in Australia, if that's his thing?  Does the USA offer opportunities that he wouldn't have in Australia, like permanent residence, citizenship, etc.?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Big Egg! Hah!!

I get that Rose and her sister have a humble abode but why is there a pile of crap piled to the ceiling? Seems unsafe for Prince to be anywhere near that leaning tower of crap.

Because that is everything they own in the world/stock for their store.  They only have like two whole rooms, and they have to eat/spread out to sleep somewhere!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

Also Yolanda not being able to tell that was not a British accent. All Americans know what a British accent is- we have heard it our whole lives. Many entertainers and famous people from Britain have always been on our TVs etc. Same as in Britian, they all can recognize an American accent.

No necessarily!  My oldest daughter, her husband and I traveled all over the U.K.  People would ask where we were from after chatting with us a bit and I would be astounded.  "Guess!"  And they would guess countries all over Europe but not the U.S.

That was mind boggling.   

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Heck she should take the Emmy, the Oscar and the Congressional Medal of Honor all rolled into one.

And the Golden Globes. Oh, wait, Darcey has those.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, blubld43 said:

And "we made love".  Give it a rest, neither of you were doing that.  It was bought and paid for, and I mean NO disrespect to Rose here.

I agree and it would be a refreshing change if these folks just said:  "Look, this is a transactional relationship.  I want a hot younger spouse and you want to get the hell out of poverty.  Deal?"

I mean I live my hubby to bits but if he passed before me and I met a Cargill, Rockefeller or a Getty I would be very upfront:  "Look, he was the love of my life, so if you want a wife who is just fond of you but will never be unfaithful or embarrass you, where do I sign?  Oh yes one more thing:  I want a prenup to protect myself.  Thanks!!!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree and it would be a refreshing change if these folks just said:  "Look, this is a transactional relationship.  I want a hot younger spouse and you want to get the hell out of poverty.  Deal?"

I mean I live my hubby to bits but if he passed before me and I met a Cargill, Rockefeller or a Getty I would be very upfront:  "Look, he was the love of my life, so if you want a wife who is just fond of you but will never be unfaithful or embarrass you, where do I sign?  Oh yes one more thing:  I want a prenup to protect myself.  Thanks!!!"

"You won't get a penny of this $100 I came into the marriage with you moneygrubbing golddigger",

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

But what if Mr. Cargill, Rockfeller or Getty never showered and spread mayo all over his head?

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:
26 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

But what if Mr. Cargill, Rockfeller or Getty never showered and spread mayo all over his head?

ACK!!!!

Tis better to be alone sometimes.  Get a puppy or a kitten.  It's all good.  lol

• Love 6
On 4/5/2020 at 10:30 AM, humbleopinion said:

creepy: BigEd telling RM to take a hot bath(seriously, a HOT Bath?) How about a cool refreshing shower from a shower head instead of pouring buckets of water manually like she does at home....

icky: BigEd says "Here is the robe and slippers for you to put on"...RM quickly defensively offers she brought the $4 hot pink pajama set bought from the street shop... Ruining the pervy scenario in his fantasies that she be naked under the robe...all he has to do is untie and have her nude body presented to him.

grotesque: BigEd sweaty, his mayo'ed head slick from anticipation and flop sweat looking up to her as he paws at her feet saying that he is looking at her pajamas (and not her crotch)...ack! gag!

My skin is so creeped up I feel like a Shar pei

Kudos to the production crew for not bursting out in guffaws as Ed spouts all that cheesy, lovey dovey, wooing, sweet nothings

He's truly one of the grossest, most disgusting pigs this show has ever seen, and that's saying ALOT, given the number of pigs on this show. What the everlovingFUCK is up with that hair?!? Why can't he cut it normally, and not have all that greasy shit flip flopping around all the damn time? He looks like more of a freak with the hair than anything else. Get a haircut you gross asshole. Gah! Can you imagine the grease stains on the pillows? It's probably seeps through to the actual pillow - excuse me while I throw up - Okay, I'm back. This guy is a piece of shit. I don't know how that normal woman can be his friend - the one we saw in his back home scenes. Oh and Ed, you THINK she's using you for a meal ticket to get out of poverty?!? THIS is what it looks like when you go shopping for a wife who is impoverished you stupid fucking asshole.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
On 4/5/2020 at 11:27 PM, mamadrama said:

It was a dick move for Ed to tell the camera that they'd had sex. He should've left that up to her. Maybe she didn't want the world to know. 

If I were Rose, I wouldn't want MYSELF to know.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
(edited)

Normally I don't post anything until i've read all comments. I've only read 1.5 pages and I haven't seen anything but I apologize if it was already discussed.

But was anyone else seriously grossed out by the notion that BigEgg might have gotten Rose drunk and had sex with her without full consent? I mean, only minutes before she was saying she would permit him to kiss her only on the cheek and forehead. To me she gave the definite feeling throughout that she was not interested in becoming sexually intimate  w/ him. Then he boozes her up and has sex w/ her. And when interviewed, she lies about it. I understand many women don't like to discuss that. But usually they give a coy little response to let production know they don't want to discuss it. But she blatantly lied. 

Plus we see Ed sweating like a pig all day in these episodes, and telling Rose to bathe. When does he bathe??? He was already rubbing her legs and drinking. Are we to assume he stopped and dashed into the shower before he stuck her? Not that this is related to date rape. But it was really bothering me.

I am so grossed out thinking he coerced his way into her pants. Like date raped her.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She's just a VERY BAD actress.

• Love 6
(edited)
39 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Plus we see Ed sweating like a pig all day in these episodes, and telling Rose to bathe. When does he bathe???

It was SO sneaky of Ed to instruct Rose to take a hot bath and put on the hotel robe as if he was pampering her when it was obvious he considered her dirty. I'm sure he used one of the condoms he gleefully showed to his friends at home when he said something adolescent like "wrapping his tool" especially since she didn't take the STD test. That little victory dance he did when she went to bathe just confirmed his ulterior motives. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

BigRoe brayed to the camera that he emptied his chamber...thinking it went off as soon as she reached for him....

Kudos for the camera crew for hiding their pity for him....and her....

No peen pene until RM lands on US soil.....keep your legs closed, Rosie...that's your leverage...

• Love 2
(edited)
53 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

If I were Rose, I wouldn't want MYSELF to know.

Rose knows she needs to keep her eyes on the prize; therefore, she slipped a Roofy into her own drink.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Rose knows she needs to keep her eyes on the prize; therefore, she slipped a Roofy into her own drink.

LOL!!  I was going to say.... one bottle of booze wasn't going to do it.  You need to make yourself almost unconscious. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4