Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Who's Crying Now

• Start Topic

On 4/8/2020 at 1:36 AM, RealReality said:

LOL, I've never gotten that email.  If some scammer saw me sexing myself or anyone else they probably went spontaneously blind from disgust. 

Someone sent a message like that to me once, threatening to sell them, and I replied with, "Really? No shit? How much we talking here? I've got some others that you probably haven't seen yet, if I send you the copies can you take a look at them and give me a price estimate? I'm kinda new to all this...Like enough to pay off my mortgage or...?" 

(My laptop's webcam has been broken for 4 years. I use a detachable one that mostly stays in a drawer.) Unfortunately, they never replied. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
On 4/8/2020 at 1:26 PM, configdotsys said:

Geoffrey and Varya's scenes were a snoozefest. What person goes to meet someone for the first time (or to anyone's home as a guest) and doesn't bring something? Cookies, a cake, real flowers?

Obviously, Geoffrey was set up by production to "forget" a gift (although I doubt they strayed too far from his true behaviour), but to grab and present some raggedy old roadside weeds to her mother was an embarrassment. Once again, Americans are portrayed as oblivious, ignorant fools who are only interested in themselves. And it worked - this American looked like a jealous, inarticulate a-hole.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 3
On 4/7/2020 at 3:29 PM, BallisticNikki said:

Do you feel this more so w/ Lisa as opposed to Angela or Melanie or Sean/Chris or Ashley? Curious as to why, if you don't mind.

I felt the same about all these women. In some way or another, they all behaved as though they felt superior to their future 'mate'.

• Love 1
On 4/7/2020 at 11:39 AM, gavinmac said:

Do we have any Australians here who can chime in on this? ...Does the USA offer opportunities that he wouldn't have in Australia, like permanent residence, citizenship, etc.?

I would think Australian citizenship would be preferable to American, except in terms of future clients. Healthcare is definitely better. As for American clients, he will get those just with this "90 Days..." exposure. He clearly does his work via computer, so he's already ahead of the game, in terms of gathering American clients. He doesn't need Ash or marriage to gain $$.

• Love 1

We saw Tom, in his usual not so charming way, tell Darcey that he’d prefer to be “friends” while video chatting. Did she leave that part out of her fantasy recollections?  I thought that was after the reunion when they decided to give it another shot.  I think Darcey is a dingbat but he was more awful than usual when they met for lunch, rather coffee.  

• Love 3

He was a complete jackass. One second he's saying that he has feelings for her and the next he's saying she's like his sister. I did not like the aggressive silence he laid on her either when she sat down. He deliberately did that to throw her off balance and make her speak first and he was the jerk that called the meeting. The weight comment was pure vindictiveness. There is nobody worth rooting for this season.

• Love 9

Eh, I don’t mind Tom. The entire argument has been manufactured so that they could bring back Darcy and give her some plausible story until she finds her next unsuspecting innocent guy fiancé. Maybe her next adventure could be traveling to the Middle East for a Muslim potential groom. Hilarity would ensue.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Eh, I don’t mind Tom. The entire argument has been manufactured so that they could bring back Darcy and give her some plausible story until she finds her next unsuspecting innocent guy fiancé. Maybe her next adventure could be traveling to the Middle East for a Muslim potential groom. Hilarity would ensue.

I think she should go somewhere surrounded by a lot of water and beaches so we can see her use her boobs and lips as flotation devices.  There she is.... about to drown because her new love interest is at the Tiki bar hitting up on a native girl and doesn't notice she is drifting out further in an under-tow... when the day is saved by her own ingenuity in having blown up her assets to great extreme!  Oh the excitement and drama!

• LOL 9

Supposedly Tom had invited Darcey on a trip to Argentina, but could we tell when that text was from? It might have been shortly after the Tell All when they planned to "give it another go" and before Tom decided to ghost Darcey. I had to laugh when she was talking about him not calling on her birthday. She said something like, "You said you were going to call. I waited all day, BUT THAT'S OKAY!" (with a shrug) Obviously NOT okay! 

my husband is just reading an article to me from the AARP bulletin about how Nigerian scammers are famous for targeting the elderly. 

edited to add: My husband said, "Just like that show you watch..."

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Supposedly Tom had invited Darcey on a trip to Argentina, but could we tell when that text was from? It might have been shortly after the Tell All when they planned to "give it another go" and before Tom decided to ghost Darcey. I had to laugh when she was talking about him not calling on her birthday. She said something like, "You said you were going to call. I waited all day, BUT THAT'S OKAY!" (with a shrug) Obviously NOT okay! 

my husband is just reading an article to me from the AARP bulletin about how Nigerian scammers are famous for targeting the elderly. 

Wasn’t Tom in the hospital on her birthday?  I could see where you would be more inclined to text than call under those circumstances.

• Love 1
On 4/6/2020 at 2:08 PM, nytonc said:

Darcey needs to straighten out her tits. One of them is riding higher than the other.

Okay, but you risk knocking the Earth off it’s axis if you try to level Darcy’s “gals.”

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 4
On 4/7/2020 at 12:24 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I get that Rose and her sister have a humble abode but why is there a pile of crap piled to the ceiling? Seems unsafe for Prince to be anywhere near that leaning tower of crap.

I don't understand their acceptance of garbage and trash spread out everywhere in their neighborhood. It seems like a fixable problem. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

I don't understand their acceptance of garbage and trash spread out everywhere in their neighborhood. It seems like a fixable problem. 

I don't get it either but we see the same thing here. People having piles of garbage right in their house, yard, etc When I was a social worker half our calls were for cleanliness. There was one home where the teen daughter slept on a bed in the kitchen and every morning she'd get up and walk around piles of garbage and hop over a literal litter of shit (raw sewage leak in house). I never got it. You can be poor without being nasty. (In Rose's case, though, it seems like a cultural thing. I love India but some of the neighborhoods and slums turned my stomach while also making me cry.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/1/2020 at 11:43 AM, Colfrmb2 said:

With little Ed, every time he tells/asks RM “do this” or “do that” and “you like?” So manipulative. I feel like he is building his alibi for when she decides to start talking about how gross he is.  He can say, “she said she liked it.”  He already said she liked his long hair.  Right.  Ed is not Fabio!  Whatever happened to Fabio?

I saw him on the street in Manhattan in the mid-nineties - good looking!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

Developing countries often don't have an infrastructure for garbage collection.  It's a serious problem that might be happening here, and if so isn't an easy fix.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, cynicat said:

Developing countries often don't have an infrastructure for garbage collection.  It's a serious problem that might be happening here, and if so isn't an easy fix.

Exactly! In addition, collecting garbage is often the last thing on people's minds when they're scrambling for their next meal, let alone adequate shelter, etc. It's not impossible to achieve, but it's not first on people's minds in communities like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/6/2020 at 1:36 AM, gavinmac said:

I notice that Rose follows the typical and bizarre 90DF single mom script of "fall in love with guy I've never met and immediately train my kid to call him Dad."  Why?

So that if he considers ending the relationship, he will feel guilt at abandoning "his" child.

People who are physically hideous, whether it's their fault or not, who demand a partner 30 years younger and 10 orders of magnitude hotter than they are, deserve to see in a mirror all the ugliness of their behavior AND their persons. Ed is a literal troll, and it's agonizing to imagine being in Rose's shoes, immersed in his toadlike, greasy embrace to save my child. If he behaved better, and worked to earn a woman's love, I'd work to put my physical disgust to the side, but he doesn't. He wants to buy a sexy young thing at a steep discount and force her to pretend she doesn't know she's being purchased. You're loathsome, Ed, and she's suppressing nausea every time she sees you. Your touch makes her skin crawl. Every time.

Mr. IvySpice can't see Ed without cackling in a Rumpelstiltskin voice: "You'll never guess my name! Hehehehehe!" which is exactly right.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 4/9/2020 at 10:35 PM, Chalby said:

Obviously, Geoffrey was set up by production to "forget" a gift

That's not obvious to me at all. 

Do all Americans bring gifts whenever meeting their girlfriend's parents? I could see him not knowing a gift would be expected. He's a dude. From Tennessee. Who sells drugs and beats women and gets pissy when women don't sleep with him the first night they meet.  He's not a nice, thoughtful gift-bearing boy like Manny from "Modern Family."

I doubt Geoffrey had the foresight to pick out a thoughtful gift for Varya's mother, like a lovely snow globe from Dollywood, and the producers slapped it out of his hand and said "HAHAHA you'll give her roadside flowers instead." A gift probably never crossed his mind until Varya mentioned it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, gavinmac said:

That's not obvious to me at all. 

Do all Americans bring gifts whenever meeting their girlfriend's parents? I could see him not knowing a gift would be expected. He's a dude. From Tennessee. Who sells drugs and beats women and gets pissy when women don't sleep with him the first night they meet.  He's not a nice, thoughtful gift-bearing boy like Manny from "Modern Family."

I doubt Geoffrey had the foresight to pick out a thoughtful gift for Varya's mother, like a lovely snow globe from Dollywood, and the producers slapped it out of his hand and said "HAHAHA you'll give her roadside flowers instead." A gift probably never crossed his mind until Varya mentioned it.

I'm from the same region (I was a performer in Dollywood's 1950's show for four summers-Save the Pines!) and of the same age and, yeah, it's weird not to go with a gift-even just a small one that represents where you're from. But so far Geoffrey has not proven to be mindful or considerate in any way so while it may be weird, it's not surprising. I would expect nothing less from this weed whacker. 

• Love 8
On 4/5/2020 at 3:53 PM, Rt66vintage said:

That's it. I'm never wearing an oatmeal color again, and I'm donating my Eddie Bauer beige hoodie on my next trip to the Salvation Army. This color is not flattering on pasty skinned white women. 

Isn't she a beauty! Lol  Yikes Usman RUN!!

26 minutes ago, antfitz said:

Isn't she a beauty! Lol  Yikes Usman RUN!!

Usman may not be able to.  He has already tanked his career in Nigeria, alienating fans, colleagues and industry influencers.   He needs to get to the US.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm from the same region (I was a performer in Dollywood's 1950's show for four summers-Save the Pines!) and of the same age and, yeah, it's weird not to go with a gift-even just a small one that represents where you're from. But so far Geoffrey has not proven to be mindful or considerate in any way so while it may be weird, it's not surprising. I would expect nothing less from this weed whacker. 

I feel like bringing a gift in this circumstance is pretty universal across different cultures. Geoffrey is just a tool. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Takitaki said:

I feel like bringing a gift in this circumstance is pretty universal across different cultures. Geoffrey is just a tool. 

Agreed. Heck, once a year I meet up with a Polish author friend in Nashville and even he brings me and the kids boxes of chocolate-and we're both married and no longer trying to impress anyone. Jokingly as though it may have been said, methinks Geoffrey truly did believe the gift of his presence alone was priceless. (Spoiler alert: it's not.)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Agreed. Heck, once a year I meet up with a Polish author friend in Nashville and even he brings me and the kids boxes of chocolate-and we're both married and no longer trying to impress anyone. Jokingly as though it may have been said, methinks Geoffrey truly did believe the gift of his presence alone was priceless. (Spoiler alert: it's not.)

I'm lucky enough to have friends across a number of diverse cultures; I would bet a year's income that not a single one would arrive as a guest in a new setting without a small, thoughtful gift.  Not a one.

Geoffrey is so obvious in what he is.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Usman may not be able to.  He has already tanked his career in Nigeria, alienating fans, colleagues and industry influencers.   He needs to get to the US.  

Coming to the U.S. isn't going to do squat for him.  Lots of people here have more talent and know how to go about getting the right connections.  And even then only a handful of them "make it".  Maybe Usman should go on America's Got Talent and see if he can get some judges to say yes, he can move on.  I think they might all say "no".

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Coming to the U.S. isn't going to do squat for him.  Lots of people here have more talent and know how to go about getting the right connections.  And even then only a handful of them "make it".  Maybe Usman should go on America's Got Talent and see if he can get some judges to say yes, he can move on.  I think they might all say "no".

He's already 30, would have to change his name, and with Lisa on his arm he'd lack sex appeal which is something that most of these genres (R&B, rap, soul... not real sure which avenue he wants to pursue) build on. More importantly, he has no networking here. He'd be starting from scratch. And while you don't necessarily need to go the club tour route anymore, there's nothing he could throw up on SoundCloud that would make him stand out from the pack. The most he could do would be to capitalize on his 15 minutes he's getting right now.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, IvySpice said:

So that if he considers ending the relationship, he will feel guilt at abandoning "his" child.

Pretty clever of Rose to have Prince call Ed "Daddy" to foster a father/son relationship (at least from Ed's perspective.) Of course, to Prince the word in English could mean just about anything. Rose calls her father "Pa" so Prince might not realize that "Daddy" means his father, he might think that it's Ed's name. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
On 4/6/2020 at 2:21 AM, magemaud said:

Like Danielle, Yolanda never pronounces “ing” endings. It’s scammin’, textin’, callin’, etc. 

I don't know where she's from, but it's common in the Midwest to drop the ING. I grew up in Missouri and they do it all the time.

• Love 1
On 4/7/2020 at 10:36 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I think Ash has a thyroid problem!!!

I feel so sad for Rose.  What a terrible life.  With Big Ed I just couldn't!

Yes camera how bed would your life have to be to settle for that . And it's not because of his medical condition, it's really about him. He acts like he's spoiled.

7 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I think if he dumped her and did a lot of shows, he would get his fans back. He won't get anywhere over here.  We already have a rapper with a similar name. And Americans will think he's ridiculous being with that Tub of goo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Imma calling BS on Big🥚's proclamation that they did the Dippity Do....methinks RM gave him the scrotal handshake...or attempted to because as soon as she reached in the general groinal area...his hair trigger emptied his chamber...if you get my drift...🥚white all over the thousand thread count sheet...ick. ick.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, antfitz said:

Yes camera how bed would your life have to be to settle for that . And it's not because of his medical condition, it's really about him. He acts like he's spoiled.

I had heard of contact dermatitis but not atopic so googled because I just felt the 1,000 count sheets sounded like BS.  So no mention of clothing other than Merino  wool is best and sweating makes it much worse.  Avoid sweating!!!!  You’re suppose to moisturize ( don’t think it meant mayonnaise in hair). People who really suffer do wear certain clothing that look like those compression leggings he flew with. All in all he’s full of it.   

• LOL 1
On 4/7/2020 at 5:29 PM, BallisticNikki said:

She wasn't looking thru her phone. She saw the app when Erika was showing her her phone.

(But which app is half dating and half business networking?)

Bumble. It’s separated into three parts- dating, friends only, and professional connections. And IIRC, you can’t run profiles simultaneously. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Ed is so full of shit. He can't stay another night at Rose's, it was the WORST night of his life, the first time he's ever spent a night without air conditioning. The horror. He wants to take her on a "vacation" just the two of them but when she says she's sad cause she will miss Prince, he basically says yeah ok, so let's go and you leave your son here with whoever. Yet he claims they're gonna be a family. Sure, Jan.

Speaking of Sure Jan how about Usman telling his family that Bibbyguhllisa is a Doctor in the U.S. 😆😂🤣😭

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Speaking of Sure Jan how about Usman telling his family that Bibbyguhllisa is a Doctor in the U.S.

I was just now thinking about this - I wonder if Usman actually understands what she DOES for a living?  Because of the cultural and language differences, it's possible he asked her at one point what she means and she said she's "like a doctor" or something equally misleading.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I was just now thinking about this - I wonder if Usman actually understands what she DOES for a living?  Because of the cultural and language differences, it's possible he asked her at one point what she means and she said she's "like a doctor" or something equally misleading.

I wouldn't put it past her to say she is "like a doctor" because of her inexplicably inflated ego, but hospice caregiver I think would be something very easy to understand to someone from any African culture.  I work in home health care, and death is not feared in African and Caribbean cultures -- all the agencies have staff who specifically request assignments to end-of-care cases.  They consider it an honor.  But I bet Lisa greatly exaggerated her job.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I wouldn't put anything past Bloated Girl Lisa but I also think maybe Usman wanted to give the best impression possible, but alas the family was still unimpressed and walked off. What a blow he's been dealt! 

• Love 2
On 4/8/2020 at 7:24 PM, Kyanight said:

My heart goes out to both of you.  Even if this is the best thing for everyone, it is HARD, regardless!

I divorced my husband LONG ago.  I had 8 children, and the youngest were younger than one year when I left. (Twin boys.)  Kids are all grown now, and I never talked badly about him to the kids, because I wanted HAPPY, well-adjusted kids, despite the fact that they had no father in their lives, and making snide remarks about their father would just depress them and make them feel guilty because they still loved him.  In all of these many years he has lived in my state (where I moved to) and one state over - and he came to the see the kids ONCE a few years after I left him.  That's a big ONE time. *

* I had to edit this.  The only reason he even came over that ONE time is because he was in my state on business.  Otherwise I doubt he would ever have bothered to even see them that ONE time!  (Just thinking about this makes me do a slow burn and this was decades ago!)

Never calls.  Never sends birthday cards or Christmas gifts.  I DID get child support, so that is certainly a plus.

I never remarried because who wants a woman with 8 kids?  Such a man would be hard to find, even if I knew where to look.  And I didn't want a man who liked kids TOO much, if you know what I mean.

The kids call him now and then I think, but he never initiates contact.  He has many other kids so I think he just doesn't care.

Maybe I should have found some guy across the world and they could have done a reality show about us:

"Eight kids and the dude on the skids" 

"Green Card Chaos"

"Diapers and the Dipstick"

The Divorcee and her NINE dependents"

I could go on all day.

You're a great mum. My mum did exactly the opposite of you  - bad mouthed my dad continuously, sat 2 metres away when we had phonecalls with him so that we could never have a private conversation, and went mad if we visited him (to the point where I'm almost FORTY and have to keep it secret if we meet up) And yes we all grew up with mental health problems and major insecurities.

For those who are irked by rose talking in a monotone - I think this is just a language barrier thing. A lot of languages use intonation differently than we do (sometimes different intonations can mean different words), and she probably hasn't had much chance to practise with native English speakers (for some reason i almost wrote naked instead of native, I guess that would be appropriate in this situation as well). Her living situation is desperate and I find Ed very cold-hearted towards it. I feel a combination of sad and fascinated seeing how she lives. I hope she dumps his ass and finds someone better (like tariq would have been a much better catch).

Tom, once again an embarrassment to the brits. Yes it is emotional abuse, when you're already insecure and someone tells you it's your fault because if your personality flaws, that a relationship failed. 

• Love 4
On 4/5/2020 at 8:54 PM, magemaud said:

Jesse did the same thing. Will BOTH of them show up for the Tell All?

I think it should be a thing:  Darcy will be on every iteration of 90 Day Fiancé, fiancé or not, and Jesse should show up for each and every Tell All...

• Love 1
On 4/25/2020 at 7:32 AM, Squishy Tomato said:

For those who are irked by rose talking in a monotone - I think this is just a language barrier thing. A lot of languages use intonation differently than we do.

It is not uncommon in any language to speak in a low, guttural tone when you are humiliated and thoroughly disgusted with the situation.

• Love 4