Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Who's Crying Now

• Start Topic

(edited)
44 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I think I googled that as well after another poster mentioned checking out local hotels. It took me back to a trip I took in Belize and had to remind myself that their idea of "luxury" was very different from mine. Lisa needs to adjust her expectations for what 30 bucks will buy in Nigeria. It's not that it's too expensive, it's that it doesn't exist. That was probably the nicest hotel (from my brief googling) in the area. And I felt bad for Usman. He looked genuinely hurt when she was complaining. It's clear he did his best for his bibbyluv and she was a genuine a-hole about it.

LOL, depends on where you're going in Belize.  There are some fairly swanky resorts for the ecotourist.  There is a ridiculously ostentatious monstrosity of resort on San Pedro.  PG has a gorgeous high end resort.   

But you're right, with few exceptions the people are living poor, though I suspect these days you'd have to be someplace pretty far out like Burrell boom to find a bucket situation. I didn't see or expect a bucket too often unless we were somewhere remote   But for sure, they do not have the amenities that we do, and it's kinda sad.   

That giant over the top luxury condo and hotel tower is about a two minute golf cart ride from some of the worst and most devestating poverty I've seen. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL, depends on where you're going in Belize.  There are some fairly swanky resorts for the ecotourist.  There is a ridiculously ostentatious monstrosity of resort on San Pedro.  PG has a gorgeous high end resort.   

But you're right, with few exceptions the people are living poor, though I suspect these days you'd have to be someplace pretty far out like Burrell boom to find a bucket situation. I didn't see or expect a bucket too often unless we were somewhere remote   But for sure, they do not have the amenities that we do, and it's kinda sad when you think of how many basic comforts there are for tourists that many people cannot have.  

That giant over the top luxury condo and hotel tower is about a two minute gold cart ride from some of the worst and most devestating poverty I've seen. 

We were on San Pedro and got "upgraded" to a "suite" (which to be fair was an actual improvement over our original rooms. The "suite" didn't have lights in the bathroom and the safe didn't actually lock, so that was fun, but hey we spent the money to skydive into the Great Blue Hole, so the accommodations were what they were. It mattered a little less that we couldn't drink the water.

You can cover all of San Pedro by golf cart in a day. The organizer of the trip had to pay some serious bribes to cartels and the government to allow for the trip. The coast guard was waiting with rifles for the skydive into the blue hole--apparently it's a huge drug drop? The private island that served as our dropzone had armed guards and if we landed on the wrong side of the island, suddenly we were in deep doodoo.

Speaking of, bribes for protection was the first thing that popped into my mind when someone pointed out how unsafe that area of Nigeria is. Bibbygirl Visa would've been a walking target in some areas of Nigeria, so I assume they secured some local assistance for their protection.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Yes, Usman is realizing nothing he does is ever going to be good enough, and that the price he is paying may be too high.  As someone mentioned up thread, him parading a white woman will turn off many of his fans... witness those women who were interviewed and said how terrible the video was.   Fans are usually very forgiving but if they took the time to go to his premiere and hated it, word is going to get around.  

• Love 13
(edited)
8 hours ago, monagatuna said:

We were on San Pedro and got "upgraded" to a "suite" (which to be fair was an actual improvement over our original rooms. The "suite" didn't have lights in the bathroom and the safe didn't actually lock, so that was fun, but hey we spent the money to skydive into the Great Blue Hole, so the accommodations were what they were. It mattered a little less that we couldn't drink the water.

You can cover all of San Pedro by golf cart in a day. The organizer of the trip had to pay some serious bribes to cartels and the government to allow for the trip. The coast guard was waiting with rifles for the skydive into the blue hole--apparently it's a huge drug drop? The private island that served as our dropzone had armed guards and if we landed on the wrong side of the island, suddenly we were in deep doodoo.

Speaking of, bribes for protection was the first thing that popped into my mind when someone pointed out how unsafe that area of Nigeria is. Bibbygirl Visa would've been a walking target in some areas of Nigeria, so I assume they secured some local assistance for their protection.

Never been to the blue hole but we went to San Pedro without bribing anyone.  Our hotel on the island was lovely and right on the beach.  Not the monstrosity on the other side of the island, but a lovely beachside hotel, can't remember the name of it, but it had a sun in the logo.  Besides the pitchers of water the room was comfortable to a DoubleTree.  Maybe a step up. 

Did they not have lights in the bathroom or did they just not work? I used to work at a Marriott in America and the bathroom lights being out and the safe being broken could have easily happened at the Marriott 

Couldn't drink the water but at our hotel they refilled pitchers daily and anytime you asked.  TBF though, I'd be hesitant to drink tap water anywhere, and there are places in the US where I definitely wouldn't drink the tap water.  

You can travel all of st. Pedro in a day, what I was trying to say was that the worst and most upsetting poverty is so very close to the ostentatious wealth that those people will likely never attain.  Unless they are one of the lucky who get a job at the hotel.  

I'll have to ask my dad about the safety at the blue hole and if it would require the coast guard to protect private tourist groups.  Because what Belize has no shortage of, are people who are willing to go the extra mile to make a few extra bucks off tourists. 

There are a million deserted, tiny islands to do a drug drop or exchange and NO ONE wants to scare tourists, so picking a tourist destination for a drug drop seems like a weird idea.  Perhaps they are really bold and looking for a fight.  Seems that given the popularity of the blue hole even a stupid drug runner without any moral code would choose an island not as close to such a tourist destination.  That just seems like an unnecessary risk.  

By contrast, I don't think BGL is going to a tourist destination at all and so there is unlikely anyone who is really thinking about the ruination of an industry if a random white woman from the US gets scared.

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, RealReality said:

This. 

You can't depend on young black female fans and then parade an old leathery white woman as your love interest in a video.....or her ghost.   That's not how it works. 

I really wish we could have somehow seen all the thought bubbles of the people at that video 'premiere'. Because that? Would have been comedy gold right there!

• LOL 11
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Proof that they hate the viewers. I cannot wish HIV or beheading on anyone, but they teased us with a kidnapping from the beginning, made us put up with her atrociousness, and intentionally decreased the opportunity of her being taken. 

3 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Ed just can't help himself. Once he puts out one fire, he starts another one. He just got Rose to talk to him again after saying she needed an STD test (and now for some reason she doesn't need one) and less than an hour later he insults her body. I think he's one of those guys who is always looking for something wrong, a problem, and creates problems for attention. 

This behavior supports my belief that Ed is a eunuch, having had his penis removed by either his ex-wife or girlfriend when they found out about each other, and therefore, has to keep her at bay from wanting sex but needs it to be in a way he can continue to claim he is unlucky in love. If he had approached it from the beginning that he believed in waiting until marriage, no one would expect anything from him, but that is not the image he wants to project and somehow thought insulting Rose would come across better for him. 

By the way, the next two Mondays have special unaired episodes, like the one this last Monday about the breakups. There is also going to be shows featuring some of the couples "From Quarantine" I'll post about it in small talk.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Ed just can't help himself. Once he puts out one fire, he starts another one. He just got Rose to talk to him again after saying she needed an STD test (and now for some reason she doesn't need one) and less than an hour later he insults her body. I think he's one of those guys who is always looking for something wrong, a problem, and creates problems for attention. 

My take on Lisa's being controlling, is that, first, she's just like that. Second, I don't think she gives Usman any money only because of how convinced she is that he is a celebrity, and how shocked she is by how he lives "Given he's a celebrity" and she didn't expect a celebrity to live that way... yada yada. So I think she would immediately be wondering why a celebrity needed money. I think she's acting controlling and being demanding because SHE thought SHE was going to be treated like a celebrity, by virtue of being with him, and she's not. So she's playing diva because she hasn't yet accepted that he isn't a celebrity, and therefore, not rich. I think she's sort of trying to save her own face by insisting he deserves certain things and trying to get him riled up, and is sort of ignoring that this is normal to him, because she is convinced he should be treated like a celebrity, since she's convinced he is a celebrity, despite oodles of evidence to the contrary. She was expecting lots of special attention, and when she gets there and she isn't treated with respect, she's like, "Usman, you are a celebrity! They need to listen to you and respect you!" She's trying to force something that doesn't exist. 

I could see Lisa being talked into being an "equity investor" or paying for "producer credit" in exchange for theoretical revenue from the video.  

• Love 8
Just now, RealReality said:

I could see Lisa being talked into being an "equity investor" or paying for "producer credit" in exchange for theoretical revenue from the video.  

Me too. The one thing I have learned is that perceived celebrity does not hold women, or men, back from "investing."  Hell, Farrah Abraham presents herself as a "top female celebrity" (ha) and portrays her life as ultra glamorous and yet men buy crap for her off her Amazon wish list every day-and it's stuff like plates.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Christina said:

his behavior supports my belief that Ed is a eunuch, having had his penis removed by either his ex-wife or girlfriend when they found out about each other, and therefore, has to keep her at bay from wanting sex but needs it to be in a way he can continue to claim he is unlucky in love. 

I don't know what an eunuch is but I'm certain Ed is one. He probably has the smallest penis ever in life, which is why he's grooming Rose to feel ultra insecure about her body and purity. 

My husband was pissed that he wanted to go back to the hotel room as soon as Rose was receptive at the coffee shop. My husband said, "He should take her out and walk around!" Although I think it might have been projection (AKA passive agressive) since I do tend to like to spend my time on vacation in the hotel room. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I get that, but I think she's a paycheck to paycheck type person. I don't think she has any money for any of that. I think it's Usman is going to be in the same boat as Lisa soon-- he'll come to the US thinking she has all this money, and end up living in some tiny house and taking vacations at the Holiday Inn 5-miles down the road, and be like, "What? You are a white lady in US? You should have more money!"

Edited by bravofan27
  • LOL 6
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Big Ed really wants to have a relationship with RM why didn't he go on a date with her, you know, have a nice dinner, sit and talk, ask her about herself, take an interest in her homeland and culture, giver her flowers, tell her she is beautiful, get her her own hotel room and not expect to hit it for a while till they got to know each other in person.  What ever happened to wooing? 

Because Big Ed is a dolt and egomaniac and refusing to spend any time with any woman showing any type of respect. Everything he has done with Rose has been things HE has wanted to do. He hasn't asked her what she wanted to do ever. She's like his living doll. 

• Love 21
23 hours ago, RealReality said:

But you're right, with few exceptions the people are living poor, though I suspect these days you'd have to be someplace pretty far out like Burrell boom to find a bucket situation. I didn't see or expect a bucket too often unless we were somewhere remote   But for sure, they do not have the amenities that we do, and it's kinda sad.   

That giant over the top luxury condo and hotel tower is about a two minute golf cart ride from some of the worst and most devestating poverty I've seen. 

My experience in Belize as well. I stayed in Plascencia in a pretty nice resort with all the nice amenities, down the road was rows of shacks. TBH I found that as a trip destination, Belize to be a bit boring but that was just me. But I digress - Lisa is not some princess. Here in the US she would be akin to trailer trash. She should not complain. 

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Because Big Ed is a dolt and egomaniac and refusing to spend any time with any woman showing any type of respect. Everything he has done with Rose has been things HE has wanted to do. He hasn't asked her what she wanted to do ever. She's like his living doll. 

She seemed to enjoy the market but he needed his air con.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, mixedmartialmom said:

ed's look of horror when rose told the merchant to "keep the change" (which was probably literal pocket change) was, pardon the pun, priceless.

Right?  It was like 10 -20 CENTS and this is probably cultural, as well.  Like tipping a waitress.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Everything he has done with Rose has been things HE has wanted to do. He hasn't asked her what she wanted to do ever. She's like his living doll. 

Didn’t Rose say that she had never been to Manila? So what does Ed do, take her to a market, for a pedicure and for one untouched restaurant meal! What about taking in some tourist attractions that would be new experiences for BOTH of them? 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Didn’t Rose say that she had never been to Manila? So what does Ed do, take her to a market, for a pedicure and for one untouched restaurant meal! What about taking in some tourist attractions that would be new experiences for BOTH of them? 

He would have had to google to find attractions with air con.  LOL.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 4/1/2020 at 5:52 PM, Kangatush said:

Geoffrey is an idiot.  I take a gift when I meet parents, even if it's of a friend, not a romantic interest.  And I'm a girl.  Hostess gifts are real.

Trying to recall, did Geoffrey bring Varya any type of gift? Time after time, we are shown the American displaying what they've bought for "the love of their life" (and often their family members) before they travel or the actual gifting event, but I don't remember Geoffrey doing so. And I'll bet he's never even heard of the concept of a "hostess gift". 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

He would have had to google to find attractions with air con.  LOL.

I thought I heard him say "air connie" when they were getting pedicures.  Did he not Google anything about her country to see the climate? Really? Seriously?

Just now, magemaud said:

Trying to recall, did Geoffrey bring Varya any type of gift? Time after time, we are shown the American displaying what they've bought for "the love of their life" (and often their family members) before they travel or the actual gifting event, but I don't remember Geoffrey doing so. And I'll bet he's never even heard of the concept of a "hostess gift". 

I thought it was odd that this whole build up to meeting finally and he did not even buy flowers to greet her with?  

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought it was odd that this whole build up to meeting finally and he did not even buy flowers to greet her with? 

The other night I watched the Colt meeting Larissa at the airport scene when the VERY first words out of her mouth were "Where's my flowers?" She was another one expecting "air con"

Geoffrey seems the type to only buy apology flowers when he's looking for "make up sex." 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
On 4/1/2020 at 7:07 PM, itsadryheat said:

If I was Ed's family I would be horrified. Poor daughter. Hopefully she isn't watching her creep of a father abuse, disrespect RM.

Rose got a taste of him when he asked for the test. She could have dumped him then and there. Instead she shows up 2 hrs late for his apology meeting, thinking she’s making a point and he takes it as he’s got the upper hand. She’s no better and no worse than he is. All of these people are using each other, it’s a game. Ed’s a creep. She’s using the goodies to get what she wants. Eyes on the prize .. as Darcy says. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I watched the half hour preview.

Geoffrey and Varya: Dude, you bring a gift for a dinner invite - whether it is some food or wine or chocolates or something. Some of the 'wildflowers' you picked looked like weeds. At least they weren't dandelions. Poor social manners on your end. Mama Varya may put something special in your borscht.

Lisa and Usman: What an awful oatmeal top. Ugly hair, just minimal grooming. The glass thing - gross. Usman, you have every right to tell Lisa off. Her behavior is awful. She is showing you exactly who she is and you have to decide if this is what you want and to continue digging the Lisa hole to get you to the US. Lisa was rich in saying that this Usman is not the man she fell in love with online. You can be anyone online and Usman could have easily turned himself in to who you wanted him to be. You're unhappy that you are not living the Mick Jagger or Paul McCartney life of luxury that you expected. Usman is not music to your ears. Start to show a genuine interest in him as a person and not your slave. Ugh.

Ed and Rosemarie: Yep, Freixenet is good as it goes. I was creeped out by their segment. Yes, Ed, send Rose to have a bath. Get your massage stuff out. When she comes out of the bathroom, why don't *you* have a shower or something. And ask if she likes getting her feet massaged. Some people don't and it was a bit uncomfortable to watch you do the happy dance when she agreed to spend time with you and you, Mr. Mayo, probably not clean and smelling nice, started rubbing her feet. Nuh-uh. You may have found your face meeting my big toe. She is not your equal, you have little in common, and you are pretty much purchasing her.

• Love 16
(edited)

Ed cannot see that Rosemarie is visibly cringing at everything he says & touches.  

There was an ad for Roundup with a picture of dandelions on the label right after Geoffrey got back in the car with the bouquet of "wild flowers" for mama.   LOL.

Both Ed & Geoffrey have turned up little elf noses.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 4/2/2020 at 1:29 AM, mamadrama said:

Yeah, all the hotels appear to fall into the same category. You can upgrade rooms, but I don't think you'd see a huge difference. Some of the others were maybe better decorated, but you're not going to see an increase in quality when it comes to beds. 

I felt bad for Usman, too. Not only do I think he looked hurt, I think he looked a little embarrassed. That's his home and, naturally, he'd have pride in it. I'm sure he doesn't like her ridiculing things about it. 

Usman  might be seeing his career as soldierboy ending if lisa, of the most hateful nature, stops the $100 per month checks somebody above said she might be sending for his career.!  He has a lot to lose either way.  With her or without her!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 4/2/2020 at 10:43 PM, bravofan27 said:

I don't know what an eunuch is but I'm certain Ed is one. He probably has the smallest penis ever in life, which is why he's grooming Rose to feel ultra insecure about her body and purity. 

My husband was pissed that he wanted to go back to the hotel room as soon as Rose was receptive at the coffee shop. My husband said, "He should take her out and walk around!" Although I think it might have been projection (AKA passive agressive) since I do tend to like to spend my time on vacation in the hotel room. 

He can't take her out and walk her around because he sweats like a pig!!! 

Eds bad enough but Ed dripping in sweat is my worst nightmare!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

Ed is so far beyond creepy with his anticipatory Jack Black-esque dance moves. The fucking whispering instructions is a total NO. I guess Rose does have hairy legs but she has some cute lil feet! She cannot stand his gimpy ass, Poor thing. 

Yesss Usman! He stopped the wild boar from snorting.

• LOL 4
  • Love 18
(edited)
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

Rose got a taste of him when he asked for the test. She could have dumped him then and there. 

The Filipina fiancee will NEVER dump the American man before she gets to the USA.   

The American suitor can ask the Filipina to take an STD test (Ed), give her a very flawed engagement ring (Brett), demand she sign a prenup (Mark), tell her to shave her legs (Ed), let his brother interrogate and insult her (Tarik), or even refuse to eat the lechon (Larry). 

The Filipina will accept his marriage proposal regardless.

Edited by gavinmac
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 4/2/2020 at 12:37 AM, gingerella said:

I have worked in Nigeria, and Kaduna - where SoDumBoi is from - is one of the most traditionally conservative Muslim states in Nigeria. And while sex is definitely rampant it is not overtly condoned - nice girls either don’t or act like they don’t. So parading an old, leathery, white woman as your fiancée and shacking up with her in hotels? Not okay, and word gets around so everyone will know. I’m sure his mother found out about Baby Hurl Lisa before she ever go at close to the family home. Also, there is a pretty entrenched bias against guys who go for white women because local women take it as they aren’t good enough for that guy, and the gossip and blowback can be brutal. Baby Hurl has no clue how how much disgust is aimed at her, and she probably doesn’t care as long as her Z list village celeb wants to marry her gross old leathery ass. I hope it’s worth the green card dude...🤮

I would think having sex with Lisa would repulse him. She is course, loud, manipulative, angry, and any other bad adjective you can think of.  Her witch-like bleached hair is horrible looking.  I think hes doing it to get a career in  Americae, but it will never work because people over here will think it's disgusting.

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

As if the backwards baseball cap wasn’t douchey enough, that curl...

did they really join the Mile High Club? 

CA1D22BA-FF34-4525-8187-7AEBF366AA4E.jpeg

eww just ewww.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Young man, you’re grounded! Edited to add: Lisa’s shirt looks like an elephant costume 

661670D6-5DB2-4FFA-ABC1-9A859CCCB499.jpeg

Now there is a look. I didn't say a good one.

Geoffrey playing the wounded soul is repulsive.... Especially knowing his background of violence and wives.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I would think having sex with Lisa would repulse him. She is course, loud, manipulative, angry, and any other bad adjective you can think of.  Her witch-like bleached hair is horrible looking.  I think hes doing it to get a career in  Americae, but it will never work because people over here will think it's disgusting.

It’s the flip of LaToya Jackson being married to that old white manager.

• Love 2

Everybody time Ed says something about Rose taking an STD test, I think he’s saying SAT test. 

I tried to take a screen shot of his morning bed head, but I couldn’t get the picture small enough. It was utterly terrifying 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, antfitz said:

Now there is a look. I didn't say a good one.

Geoffrey playing the wounded soul is repulsive.... Especially knowing his background of violence and wives.

Classic.  "I only did those things because SHE drove me to it!"

Every single thing he does is calculating.  These guys never change.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I watched the half hour preview.

Geoffrey and Varya: Dude, you bring a gift for a dinner invite - whether it is some food or wine or chocolates or something. Some of the 'wildflowers' you picked looked like weeds. At least they weren't dandelions. Poor social manners on your end. Mama Varya may put something special in your borscht.

Lisa and Usman: What an awful oatmeal top. Ugly hair, just minimal grooming. The glass thing - gross. Usman, you have every right to tell Lisa off. Her behavior is awful. She is showing you exactly who she is and you have to decide if this is what you want and to continue digging the Lisa hole to get you to the US. Lisa was rich in saying that this Usman is not the man she fell in love with online. You can be anyone online and Usman could have easily turned himself in to who you wanted him to be. You're unhappy that you are not living the Mick Jagger or Paul McCartney life of luxury that you expected. Usman is not music to your ears. Start to show a genuine interest in him as a person and not your slave. Ugh.

Ed and Rosemarie: Yep, Freixenet is good as it goes. I was creeped out by their segment. Yes, Ed, send Rose to have a bath. Get your massage stuff out. When she comes out of the bathroom, why don't *you* have a shower or something. And ask if she likes getting her feet massaged. Some people don't and it was a bit uncomfortable to watch you do the happy dance when she agreed to spend time with you and you, Mr. Mayo, probably not clean and smelling nice, started rubbing her feet. Nuh-uh. You may have found your face meeting my big toe. She is not your equal, you have little in common, and you are pretty much purchasing her.

Would Rosemarie be happier if after her shower she opened the bathroom door and David was there instead? LOL.  

Think about all the other men RM may have been talking to on line and the only one that has gone the distance was Big Ed, were the others grosser than BE and she settled on BE or did the other guys not want to be called "Daddy" by some kid they never met?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Think about all the other men RM may have been talking to on line and the only one that has gone the distance was Big Ed, were the others grosser than BE and she settled on BE or did the other guys not want to be called "Daddy" by some kid they never met?

Did any of the others spend thousands of dollars shipping her a bunch of useless gifts? 

• Love 6