Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Who's Crying Now

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I think they are old enough to be classified as “valises.”

I still have my old 80s Samsonite set. They tend to topple over. I then got a two wheel the kind you tilt and push. I liked it because it had a hook to attach a smaller bag. I now have a had side and soft side set of spinners. 

• Love 4

My almost 97 yo father refers to suitcases as valises. Can’t help but laugh when he uses that term.

When I was a young girl (like a thousand years ago) I looked at the flight attendants with suitcase envy. Why did they have these cool bags on wheels that seemed so convenient while we passengers had to schlep those ridiculous, heavy, unwieldy rectangles around by a handle?

Looks like Baby Hurl Lisa did some painting on the side of her valise, as if she needed to distinguish that piece of crap from others on the baggage carousel.

• LOL 8
  • Love 14

Do they even sell luggage without wheels anymore?  I ride a subway line that terminates at the airport, so I see a lot of luggage, and it seems to always have wheels.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I still have my old 80s Samsonite set. They tend to topple over. I then got a two wheel the kind you tilt and push. I liked it because it had a hook to attach a smaller bag. I now have a had side and soft side set of spinners. 

My ex husband insisted on hanging on to his ancient set......until we took a trip to Mexico, and his luggage was overweight!  He had ragged on me, saying MY suitcase was going to be too heavy, lol, he had egg all over his face.  I had to put some of his shit in my carry on.

Those old ones are heavy!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 4/3/2020 at 8:09 AM, Kyanight said:

Right?  It was like 10 -20 CENTS and this is probably cultural, as well.  Like tipping a waitress.

Exactly! When they showed that scene I converted the currency and it was literally a few cents.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

My almost 97 yo father refers to suitcases as valises. Can’t help but laugh when he uses that term.

When I was a young girl (like a thousand years ago) I looked at the flight attendants with suitcase envy. Why did they have these cool bags on wheels that seemed so convenient while we passengers had to schlep those ridiculous, heavy, unwieldy rectangles around by a handle?

Looks like Baby Hurl Lisa did some painting on the side of her valise, as if she needed to distinguish that piece of crap from others on the baggage carousel.

My dad who is 82 says theAter for theatre

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 4/1/2020 at 9:02 AM, mamadrama said:

I HATE that little condescending sneer David was giving Anya when she was gently trying to tell him that he was being raked over the coals. He wore that same sneer when his friends were giving him the same convo. There's something up with him. I refuse to believe anyone is THAT stupid. It's more than just being stupid, actually. He's going out of his way to be nuts.

He's still thinking Lana will have a logical explanation, they'll end up together, and all the neighbors and friends will seethe with jealousy over this hot Russian chick he managed to bag.

On 4/1/2020 at 10:37 PM, gingerella said:

I have worked in Nigeria, and Kaduna - where SoDumBoi is from - is one of the most traditionally conservative Muslim states in Nigeria. And while sex is definitely rampant it is not overtly condoned - nice girls either don’t or act like they don’t. So parading an old, leathery, white woman as your fiancée and shacking up with her in hotels? Not okay, and word gets around so everyone will know. I’m sure his mother found out about Baby Hurl Lisa before she ever go at close to the family home. Also, there is a pretty entrenched bias against guys who go for white women because local women take it as they aren’t good enough for that guy, and the gossip and blowback can be brutal. Baby Hurl has no clue how how much disgust is aimed at her, and she probably doesn’t care as long as her Z list village celeb wants to marry her gross old leathery ass. I hope it’s worth the green card dude...🤮

Thanks for the background. That also explains the blank faces at the premier party and Usman's disgust with Lisa later: he realizes he may have just committed career suicide (in his hometown at least) for a woman who's not the least bit appreciative.

On 4/2/2020 at 6:26 PM, RealReality said:

I could see Lisa being talked into being an "equity investor" or paying for "producer credit" in exchange for theoretical revenue from the video.  

That would make a lot of sense, and also explain both her attitude and why the producer, manager, etc, are putting up with her (at least to her face): they don't want their cash stream cut off.

On 4/2/2020 at 6:30 PM, mamadrama said:

Me too. The one thing I have learned is that perceived celebrity does not hold women, or men, back from "investing."  Hell, Farrah Abraham presents herself as a "top female celebrity" (ha) and portrays her life as ultra glamorous and yet men buy crap for her off her Amazon wish list every day-and it's stuff like plates.

I remember when Farrah Abraham and James Deen released their sextape which was supposed to be "stolen candid footage." Deen readily admitted the whole thing was a paid performance. When Abraham suggested via social media that he should have kept the ruse going, his response was basically "I don't want people thinking I'd actually be in a relationship with someone like her."

On 4/3/2020 at 7:18 PM, mmecorday said:

Usman did what just about every viewer of this show wants to do -- tell Lisa straight up she's a controlling bitch and he's tired of her bullshit.  I didn't feel even the teeniest bit sorry for her, even as she was wiping away her invisible tears. I wouldn't wish her any harm, but I think she needs to realize she's a horrible person and if she's put these kind of restrictions on the men in her life before, it's no wonder she had to find a relationship online.

For the first time, she faced the possibility of returning to America alone and having to explain why this "celebrity," who she obviously considers beneath her, decided she wasn't worth the trouble.

Other thoughts:

Tom is a good-looking guy who could walk into plenty of high-end NY bars and go home with someone that night. Why, oh WHY, is he putting up with harridan and self-made freak Darcey berating him in public? If someone acted half as nasty to me, I'd leave and block their number.

So Williams' Instagram account now directs to some Nigerian company. Will it EVER occur to Yolanda that this guy doesn't exist?

If they have a reunion show for this season, they should put David and Yolanda on one couch, then have an empty one for Lana and Williams.

• LOL 12
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

He's still thinking Lana will have a logical explanation, they'll end up together, and all the neighbors and friends will seethe with jealousy over this hot Russian chick he managed to bag.

Thanks for the background. That also explains the blank faces at the premier party and Usman's disgust with Lisa later: he realizes he may have just committed career suicide (in his hometown at least) for a woman who's not the least bit appreciative.

That would make a lot of sense, and also explain both her attitude and why the producer, manager, etc, are putting up with her (at least to her face): they don't want their cash stream cut off.

I remember when Farrah Abraham and James Deen released their sextape which was supposed to be "stolen candid footage." Deen readily admitted the whole thing was a paid performance. When Abraham suggested via social media that he should have kept the ruse going, his response was basically "I don't want people thinking I'd actually be in a relationship with someone like her."

For the first time, she faced the possibility of returning to America alone and having to explain why this "celebrity," who she obviously considers beneath her, decided she wasn't worth the trouble.

Other thoughts:

Tom is a good-looking guy who could walk into plenty of high-end NY bars and go home with someone that night. Why, oh WHY, is he putting up with harridan and self-made freak Darcey berating him in public? If someone acted half as nasty to me, I'd leave and block their number.

So Williams' Instagram account now directs to some Nigerian company. Will it EVER occur to Yolanda that this guy doesn't exist?

If they have a reunion show for this season, they should put David and Yolanda on one couch, then have an empty one for Lana and Williams.

That’s my problem with Dull Ed and Lisa. They think they are better than the partners they pursue. Geoffery also. I fast forward through Darcy because I can’t take her. 

But that Will-yumz is so obviously a “trick bag” for Yolanda itjust has to bea fake, producer driven segment. Actually MORE producer driven than the others.

But if these couples are actors I would love to see them beyond BT90DF. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

creepy: BigEd telling RM to take a hot bath(seriously, a HOT Bath?) How about a cool refreshing shower from a shower head instead of pouring buckets of water manually like she does at home....

icky: BigEd says "Here is the robe and slippers for you to put on"...RM quickly defensively offers she brought the $4 hot pink pajama set bought from the street shop... Ruining the pervy scenario in his fantasies that she be naked under the robe...all he has to do is untie and have her nude body presented to him.

grotesque: BigEd sweaty, his mayo'ed head slick from anticipation and flop sweat looking up to her as he paws at her feet that he is looking at her pajamas (and not her crotch)...ack! gag!

My skin is so creeped up I feel like a Shar pei

Kudos to the production crew for not bursting out in guffaws as Ed spouts all that cheesy, lovey dovey, wooing, sweet nothings

I bet even hookers reject him as too creepy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
(edited)

Varya's mother will be more insulted when she sees that he pulled weeds from the side of the road trying to fool her that they are from a florist than bringing nothing...

There is NOT any culture in the world where it is acceptable to not bring gifts when meeting and being invited into a family's home....

You never come empty handed....just basic good manners...

Geoffrey has gotten it into his egotistical felonious head that he should be thrown a ticker tape parade because he took a plane ride to Russia. He wanted a person that didn't know his dirty past...wonder if he has Hepatitis B, C from his drugging days...

Much to his surprise Varya, her friends, and soon her Mama see what a self centered, inconsiderate, ill mannered, ignoramus this Knoxville hick ex con is in person.

Sorry, Geoffery hugs and love got you "favors" in prison but not in Russia.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
42 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Varya's mother will be more insulted when she sees that he pulled weeds from the side of the road trying to fool her that they are from a florist than bringing nothing...

There is NOT any culture in the world where it is acceptable to not bring gifts when meeting and being invited into a family's home....

You never come empty handed....just basic good manners...

Rigggght??!!  When Geoffrey told the driver to stop, I assumed, silly me, that maybe there was a wine shop, or a florist, or a bakery nearby, where he was going to jump out and pick something up.  But roadside weeds????  With the dirt still all over them?  Ick!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
(edited)

About the gift thing, personally  I would have brought something from America for anyone close to Varya. I don't know if I'd say there is never a time when you don't do it. I certainly do not expect it because when I host the guests are not expected to have to do anything but partake of the meal and event planned for THEM. Indeed, on a visit down south I was taken to task when asking if it was okay to bring my cousin to the cookout. Gifts not expected, uninvited guests are. It is mark of status in the neighborhood to have yard full. Same with sit down dinners.   But Geoffery was wrong in not honoring her mother. He could have asked.

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 11
(edited)

Varya and the producers purposely didn't remind David about gifts to set up Siberian Mama drama.

For someone who found love online he could have spent 10 minutes on

How to Impress a Russian Mother

Correctly pronounce the town Mama lives in practice, practice, practice

Read about Russian Gift etiquette and act accordingly...

Russians frown on cheap gifts so spend as lavishly as you can on high quality like expensive chocolates, whiskey... skip gifting vodka which is seen as unimaginative and cliched.

Yellow flowers, no. Yellow weeds yanked from the side of the road...hell, no.

Red flowers in a professional floral arranged bouquet with paper, ribbon, and a card as the best option...

Dress respectfully...Put on a suit, Geoffrey you are a 41 year old adult, the wrinkled, faded, too tight polo shirts, jeans and sneakers does not make a good first impression

Speak respectfully...he is too quick to defend himself and deflect. Listen to advice.

He failed himself even before he boarded the plane in Knoxville....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

Am sure Geoffrey pulled the dead toddler card to gain him some sympathy....

His older kids were from his first marriage setting him up as a young Dad...(betcha he was in prison for their formative years)so he gains some points for what seems like nice, caring sons...not like the druggie SOB he was at their age.....

The elephant in the Dacha is his time served as Prisoner# FU37901TN for dealing drugs

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Varya and the producers purposely didn't remind David about gifts to set up Siberian Mama drama...

At first I was like, cool, I want to meet this Siberian double! And then I realized you were referring to Varya's mom.

Anyhow, carry on! See everyone around the rice-a-ronie! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 3/31/2020 at 11:37 AM, Kid said:

Amen, Sister!!!!   Run, Usman, run!!

I got so much satisfaction from seeing Usman tell her he wasn't going to be her lackey any more that it's going to tide me over until the full episode is on. I just about don't need to see anything more from the other couples right now. He's not playing Michael to her Angela. Yay!

• Love 19
7 hours ago, Boston said:

My dad who is 82 says theAter for theatre

My dad, god bless him, still calls Asia 'The Orient' (though he doesn't call people Orientals, he calls them Asian, so I'm confused!).  I've tried educating but it wont stick. He used to do work in Taiwan, HK & China so he picked up 'thank you' in Chinese. He says it to anyone who is of Asian descent. We were in an elevator once with a couple who I knew were Vietnamese because I heard them talking, and he thanked them in Chinese for holding the door for us. I don't even know what to do when that happens!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Live Chat Part 2  legit?

or

Stick with Rice A Ronie for our live chit chatting?

I think the Rice A Roni thread will be locked tonight.

On 4/3/2020 at 11:00 PM, magemaud said:

Young man, you’re grounded! Edited to add: Lisa’s shirt looks like an elephant costume 

661670D6-5DB2-4FFA-ABC1-9A859CCCB499.jpeg

That's it. I'm never wearing an oatmeal color again, and I'm donating my Eddie Bauer beige hoodie on my next trip to the Salvation Army. This color is not flattering on pasty skinned white women. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Yes, seems like we’ve been moved to Live Chat Part 2 and have been tasked with coming up with a title for the thread.

Live Chat 2: Electric Rice A Roni!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Varya and the producers purposely didn't remind David about gifts to set up Siberian Mama drama.

Varya obviously knew Geoffey (not David) was going to meet her mother empty-handed but only mentioned it on the car ride? 

• Love 10
On 4/4/2020 at 11:33 AM, magemaud said:

Did any of the others spend thousands of dollars shipping her a bunch of useless gifts? 

Those gifts were stock for her sister's store!

45 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

That's it. I'm never wearing an oatmeal color again, and I'm donating my Eddie Bauer beige hoodie on my next trip to the Salvation Army. This color is not flattering on pasty skinned white women. 

Has she ever put her best foot forward, glammed it up a bit?  

She is built like a Peanuts cartoon character. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Live Chat Part 2  legit?

or

Stick with Rice A Ronie for our live chit chatting?

The original live chat is locked and will not be unlocked.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/2/2020 at 12:27 AM, monagatuna said:

I think I googled that as well after another poster mentioned checking out local hotels. It took me back to a trip I took in Belize and had to remind myself that their idea of "luxury" was very different from mine. Lisa needs to adjust her expectations for what 30 bucks will buy in Nigeria. It's not that it's too expensive, it's that it doesn't exist. That was probably the nicest hotel (from my brief googling) in the area. And I felt bad for Usman. He looked genuinely hurt when she was complaining. It's clear he did his best for his bibbyluv and she was a genuine a-hole about it.

really? Hmm, maybe it depends where you go. Last year when I was in Belize, I stayed at a resort hotel that was exactly comparable to a resort I would find in, say, Miami Beach. It was in Placencia. Beyond the hotel, if you went walking, was not much, maybe an odd shack here and there that was a hole in the wall bar for locals and tourists alike, it definitely had an "undeveloped" feel. The only thing the hotel was missing was coffee creamer. 

Edited by Lily247
On 4/3/2020 at 10:18 PM, mmecorday said:

Usman did what just about every viewer of this show wants to do -- tell Lisa straight up she's a controlling bitch and he's tired of her bullshit.  I didn't feel even the teeniest bit sorry for her, even as she was wiping away her invisible tears. I wouldn't wish her any harm, but I think she needs to realize she's a horrible person and if she's put these kind of restrictions on the men in her life before, it's no wonder she had to find a relationship online.

Who would even want to pay kidnappers for her return?  Probably a Ransom of Red Chief scenario. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

If the show just started here on the east coast, why is this thread on page 3 already?  Did I miss something?Its Sunday nite at 8:15 pm. here.

You can stream the first hour in advance or on YouTube towards the  end of the preceding week.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2