Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Dominic's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

who's retirement accounts are bleeding cash,  I have zero sympathy. Sorry I'm just angry at these dudes.  Boo-fucking-hoo. 

Don't even go there. I haven't had the nerve to look at mine all week and when I finally did, I wanted to cry. 

Hey, I forgot to tell you all, I'm quarantined.  I've been just a little sick for 15 days, have been to the doctor 3 times for a nebulizer treatment. Today, they decided I was a hazard and slapped me with a quarantine order. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Your meal sounds delicious !

Buttermilk biscuits !!!! I will eat them alllllllll !!!!!!!! 😉 🤣

I took half of them to my neighbors so I wouldn’t eat them all! 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Don't even go there. I haven't had the nerve to look at mine all week and when I finally did, I wanted to cry. 

I took my retirement fund when the company offered and invested it.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.  Not so much any more, I’d have been better off keeping my pension.

• Love 1

Hey, I forgot to tell you all, I'm quarantined.  I've been just a little sick for 15 days, have been to the doctor 3 times for a nebulizer treatment. Today, they decided I was a hazard and slapped me with a quarantine order. 

Take care of yourself! I hope you have people checking in on you!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, peaceknit said:

I have another Instacart order in for Saturday delivery. It's just perishables and stuff I eat every day. My staples are fine. It will be 3 weeks inside for me on Saturday. I'm willing to go for much longer.

I'm all set with staples also. I bake bread and I have tons of flour and eggs and butter. We have a lot of stuff to cook with. I just got a case of toilet paper a week before everything got serious. In Massachusetts we're closed down for something like 3 more weeks. I feel pretty well prepared!

• Love 8
Just now, Suzywriter said:

Are they going to test you?

Our winner of the guess the Poundticipant's weight is <drum roll> @Pepper Mostly which a guess of 675.  Johnny, tell them what they've won!

You've won ten bags of grease and freedom (a.k.a. a hearty breakfast for 2), a case of air fresheners for your brand new van with extra strong shocks on the front, multiple wool caps to wear regardless of the weather, and, as always, the respect of your fellow Pounders.  Huzzah!

• LOL 17
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Oh no! Take care of yourself! Sending good vibes for your speedy and complete recovery!

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I love grocery shopping in person.  I find it inspiring.  

So do I. I’ve been pretending that I’m prepping for my appearance on Chopped and try to come up with dishes made from random ingredients.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

James should be on a diet not for 'moral support' but because he is himself right up there in the morbidly obese category!  I guess he is another one of the delusional "But I am the small one' enablers...

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Will be thinking of you and waiting for your report next week, @Suzywriter!

• Love 5
Just now, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Our winner of the guess the Poundticipant's weight is <drum roll> @Pepper Mostly which a guess of 675.  Johnny, tell them what they've won!

You've won ten bags of grease and freedom (a.k.a. a hearty breakfast for 2), a case of air fresheners for your brand new van with extra strong shocks on the front, multiple wool caps to wear regardless of the weather, and, as always, the respect of your fellow Pounders.  Huzzah!

THEY LIE!!!  I'm convinced!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

I took my retirement fund when the company offered and invested it.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.  Not so much any more, I’d have been better off keeping my pension.

Hang in there!  They do rebound over the long haul as they did after 2008.

• Love 7

California is the land of freebies, certainly with a minimal amount of effort they could have made the great freebie system there work for them to get public housing.  They sure had no trouble getting themselves food stamps!  Makes no sense to me.  I'm going out in a limb here and if Dominic succeeds in his "journey" I will eat the Lean Cuisine that's been in my freezer for 2 years.  

Dr Now:.  "Life is hard"   🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Snarkastikate
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Feel better soon! 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Ha!  It was the wool caps that got me.😆

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Well Pounders, I have to sign off.  Missing y'all already.  Looking forward to reading the last hour of the episode.  See ya next week. 

In solidarity and in quarantine,

Be safe!

Edited by umgoblue
  • Love 15

THAT's their solution?  Go to restaurants?   More healthy meals, my ass!  Most of restaurant entrees push 2000 calories if you don't purposefully search out low calorie options.  You would be much better buying a bowl, two plates, two spoons and buy bagged salad kits and grocery store rotisserie chicken! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

OMG the poor critical thinking skills..."we'll spend our money on restaurants so we can get healthy food...'I'd like a crispy chicken sandwich.'"  Major face palm moment.  CHIPOTLE, people!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

...yeah, that sandwich looks about as healthy as last night's dinner at Chez Callaphera (a butter and herb Sidekick, two glasses of wine, and two chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting because I'm living my best social distancing life right now). 

• Love 13