Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Dominic's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, babyhouseman said:

Yes. She looks like a miniature version of no-nonsense nurse.

I'm so excited. Not!Cassandra looks like she's still cheerful and has faith in people and I can't wait to see that ground out of her as the weeks go on.

Well, that turned darker than I thought it would. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Like Jughead Jones and Mike Nesmith!

Mike Nesmith!  I remember seeing a picture of him a few years ago, after pretty much not seeing him since the Monkees, and thinking that he looks like somebody's grandpa at the Walmart. Time passes for us all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

You'll have to let me and @LizzyB know if you get to Salem! 

Honey. Virtually every blue collar guy and gal on the Nawth Shoah talks like that! Ever see this? http://latenightfeud.com/video/boston-accent-trailer-late-night-with-seth-meyers/

Best Boston accents on film:  The Fighter and Manchester By the Sea, if you ask me.  Also the SNL Casey Affleck Dunkin's "ad" kills me every time.  https://youtu.be/FSvNhxKJJyU Totally, totally what I have experienced in my daily life here for the last 50 years!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

You can only help those that want to be helped. These guys seem like they've had plenty of opportunity and people willing to point them in the right direction, they just don't... follow through. 

Unfortunately this is true of a lot of homeless people. They just get stuck and begin to think of homelessness as the norm. I suspect with Dominic and his brother, their mental health issues are keeping them from moving forward too.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Mike Nesmith!  I remember seeing a picture of him a few years ago, after pretty much not seeing him since the Monkees, and thinking that he looks like somebody's grandpa at the Walmart. Time passes for us all.

He was my favorite Monkee!

• Love 6

I really feel for them regarding their homelessness. You know it's hard for someone to roll up into a different city and quickly secure housing. For instance, where I live, subsidized housing is for people who have resided in the county for at least six months. Cheap ass TLC should just peel off some money from all the millions they make on this show and buy a M600PL apartment building for the poundticipants.

Uh oh Dominic, you gained 3 pounds? I think that pit in your stomach you referred to isn't fear, it's the 100,000 calories worth of "snacks" you ate over the last 30 days.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I am behind but "let's eat at restaurants it is healthier" ...orders a crispy chicken sandwich. Dude stay in a hotel with a microwave, buy lean cuisines. If you need to stay in the van buy bagged salad and eat it that day.

I'm sorry but it is not that hard to eat healthy at restaurants. I always check their online menu/calorie counter if I can and if I not I look at the ingredients from the dish and go from there. There really is no excuse.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Leilani said:

He kind of annoys me, like dude, you don't do anything. You have no responsibilities and plenty of time to work on your diet and fill out housing applications and you have a perfectly good car to get around.

I am genuinely curious about what he does with his time.  

• Love 11

Cheap ass TLC should just peel off some money from all the millions they make on this show and buy a M600PL apartment building for the poundticipants.

Seriously! Or allow the poundticipants to participate in product placement like the family on "Out-Daughtered." "Oh, there was so much fresh food today at Aldi!"

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, WonTon said:

I'm sorry but it is not that hard to eat healthy at restaurants. I always check their online menu/calorie counter if I can and if I not I look at the ingredients from the dish and go from there. There really is no excuse.

And substitutions. No bun, veggies instead of fries.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

Best Boston accents on film:  The Fighter and Manchester By the Sea, if you ask me.  Also the SNL Casey Affleck Dunkin's "ad" kills me every time.  https://youtu.be/FSvNhxKJJyU Totally, totally what I have experienced in my daily life here for the last 50 years!

My son and I enjoy mocking the bad Boston accents in movies. Black Mass was our favorite. I always suspected that Dakota Johnson was a terrible actress, and this verified my suspicion. 

This poor guy, he's just so unmoored. He can't seem to manage to do anything! 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I'm so excited. Not!Cassandra looks like she's still cheerful and has faith in people and I can't wait to see that ground out of her as the weeks go on.

So true.  Everyone in healthcare becomes jaded sooner or later... 

• Love 3

I don't understand why Dr Now doesn't force all the Poundticipants to keep a food journal. That way, they can turn it in during the weigh ins and maybe he - or a NUTRITIONIST - can help these people figure out why they keep taking wrong turns. 

And, especially in Dominic's case, at least he'd have a writing prompt to start journaling.

2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

These men look so not groomed. They look like they were raised by coyotes. 

I dunno, they're pretty chic for spending the majority of the episode living in a van. I've been social distancing for a week and a half now and I look worse than them because let's be real, the cat isn't going to complain. 

1 minute ago, Hellga said:

So true.  Everyone in healthcare becomes jaded sooner or later... 

Especially now. It's like the fast track to jaded. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

Seriously! Or allow the poundticipants to participate in product placement like the family on "Out-Daughtered." "Oh, there was so much fresh food today at Aldi!"

Who watches Out-Daughtered, exactly? Is it really entertaining to watch a bunch of toddlers screaming? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I don't understand why Dr Now doesn't force all the Poundticipants to keep a food journal. That way, they can turn it in during the weigh ins and maybe he - or a NUTRITIONIST - can help these people figure out why they keep taking wrong turns. 

And, especially in Dominic's case, at least he'd have a writing prompt to start journaling.

Probably because most of them would lie through their teeth in the journal.   And the rest are successful without it, because they actually follow the diet. 

Edited by Hellga
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Who watches Out-Daughtered, exactly? Is it really entertaining to watch a bunch of toddlers screaming? 

*slowly raises hand* I'm child-free by choice so it helps me feel smug about my decision to not be a parent to anything more than a 15 pound cat.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I'm actually sitting here giggling, imagining the conference room marketers' meeting in which they bat around the idea of getting products placed in "My 600-lb Life."  Like, HOW would they sell that to a company?  "No, really, consumers LOVE these pounditicipants.  You should SEE the online chatter about these stars."

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I dunno, they're pretty chic for spending the majority of the episode living in a van. I've been social distancing for a week and a half now and I look worse than them because let's be real, the cat isn't going to complain. 

My client insisted I turn on the camera for our meeting.  I begged off during the first two hours.  During the break I put on a bra and a shirt and brushed my hair.  Didn't have enough time for a shower.  Don't they know that work from home means PJs all day?

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, WonTon said:

He picked one of the worst things on the menu! Restaurants do have salads!  Crispy anything means deep fried. I like cooking for myself as the calories in a dish can be deceiving. I remember having a salmon salad dish all the time at my favourite spot, once the calorie listings started I was shocked to learn that the dish contained 950 calories.

• Love 5

Ha ha! I was an only child so shows about large families have always fascinated me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Some people wear those knitted hats year round.    I wonder if he's getting bald on top, so he's covering it up with the hat.  So much for the balding theory, his hair looks good.   

ITA, I just noticed that too. He really does have a beautiful head of hair. He's actually has a good looking face minus that scraggly beard of course! 😁

• Love 1