Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: A Fat Girl in Paris

• Start Topic

The gang arrive in Paris, but Whitney worries that her and Ryan will clash. Then, Whitney wants to discuss her future with Chase, but his reaction is crushing.

Airs March 17, 2020.

• LOL 3

I'm so glad I can come on this forum tomorrow and read all of your wonderful snarkie comments about the show tonight.  I just can't handle watching her and hearing her voice anymore.  The entire Chase scenario is just really bad acting on both their parts.  I want this train to wreck very soon....

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

What does Whitney even add to those videos - she pretty much just stands there?Why out of all the fitness people in the world anyone would subscribe to their videos. There was nothing in those videos ( except for the Seine) that was original or even very challenging. Do “ followers” have to pay for content or do they get advertisers?   Also, Chase’s hair looks like shit.

• Love 20

None of these stories connect. Influencers, dancing videos, workout videos, bikes through wine country, babies....  Do the producers get a big white board and write ideas all of it for a season and then they just throw them all together? Whit is unsufferable.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 18

The producers sure love Whitney on a bike, I think there's been at least 3 bikecentric epis.  We would be ok with them enjoying a leisurely stroll around paris or through the grape yards, not  a bandwagon of loud americans.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

None of these stories connect. Influencers, dancing videos, workout videos, bikes through wine country, babies....  Do the producers get a big white board and write ideas all of it for a season and then they just throw them all together? Whit is unsufferable.

The only way this could be sadder is if I believed Whit thought any of this was real or reflected well on her.

Edited by John M
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

The writing was so poor this episode. Literally all over the place. Chase was  checked out and Todd too. It’s like they all gave up. But hey props to TLC putting clothes on Whitney because Paris... pinky up. Lol 

Edited by Sunnywise
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15

Love hearing Todd in the background singing the theme song of The Golden Girls! 😂  

Whitney on the bicycle: "My butt hurts so bad."
Todd: "Derrière!"  😂   😂  

The gang goes to take pics in the vineyard, while Todd stays behind, reaching for the champagne and says "I'll stay right here"  😂   😂   😂  

Edited by AvoidinDaChubRub
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 10

Twit was definitely showing the slobby, loud, uncouth, ugly American, as was Ryan with the backwards hat. No class whatsoever in this whole group.

Twit was a snotty bitch to Ryan in every scene. Not funny or clever. 

No physical affection either between the faux couple. 

Like Judge Judy says,  they deserve each other.  

• Love 18

Ryan rents two rooms so that he, Sweatney, and Cschasey can all stay together in the same room? Damn. Cschasey didn't seem like he had one iota of an issue with that ... not a one.

OMG Sweatney's tittays riding that stupid normal-person bike. For those who haven't seen it, she's on a bicycle and her huge thighs are banging into her FUPA/stomach apron which are then SLAMMING into her tits. The camera is basically zoomed in right on her boobs and I swear to god I have no idea how a.) she didn't knock her own jaw off, or b.) whacked the camera right off the frame. I am sure no one was surprised that Ryan and his sweet bro Cschasey wound up on the tandem bike together. We called that one as soon as we heard about the two sharing a room.

I appreciate Todd's joy in speaking French in/around Paris, but no one else speaking French and him throwing out phrases here and there is not helpful (unless he's getting them an upgrade or round of free drinks somehow).

They're leaving and Sweatney's talking about how no one (except her) has been to Europe/Paris before, but neglects to mention Cschasey. Somehow I'm getting the idea that he's probably not left North America the way he's being drug around like dead weight the entire fucking episode. Zero interest in anything except having a 5th glass of champagne and eyeing Maxime (heyyyyyyy, Maxime! Call me! 🍾🥂)

Ryan's bro-talk about Sweatney wanting to have kids was alternately maddening ("that's what you get for dating an older woman") and THANK GOD SOMEONE IS GIVING CSCHASEY SHIT ABOUT BEING 29 AND BASICALLY RUDDERLESS.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

I only watched two minutes of this episode, but the part I saw they were getting off the plane and met with the driver of their car service.  They all greeted the driver with a hug. Did they say that it was someone they knew, because otherwise who does that?

• Love 7

How the heck are they going to turn the awkward baby convo and Chase's cold shoulder into a marriage proposal on the same trip? Can't wait. 

I don't know how the bike didn't end up with flat tires and a broken seat. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16

Bunjerr. It’s just airing here now. Hubby and I were booked (still are but let’s be realistic, it’s not happening) to go to Paris in three weeks with his sister and her husband, who have never been there. We’ve been to Paris three or four other times and there’s NO WAY we’d go to a vineyard with such limited time but I suspect none of the normal places would allow filming. Also you walk your ass off in Paris and I don’t think Witless can manage that. 

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

Bunjerr. It’s just airing here now. Hubby and I were booked (still are but let’s be realistic, it’s not happening) to go to Paris in three weeks with his sister and her husband, who have never been there. We’ve been to Paris three or four other times and there’s NO WAY we’d go to a vineyard with such limited time but I suspect none of the normal places would allow filming. Also you walk your ass off in Paris and I don’t think Witless can manage that. 

That  sucks wide! I hope  your  tickets  and room deposits are  refundable.  

• Love 7
Just now, Colleenna said:

That  sucks wide! I hope  your  tickets  and room deposits are  refundable.  

Thanks. We’re pretty sure we won’t lose any money but we can’t even get those questions answered because people with more immediate travel bookings are being assisted with those issues now. Fingers crossed. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sunnywise said:

The writing was so poor this episode. Literally all over the place. Chase was  checked out and Todd too. It’s like they all gave up. But hey props to TLC putting clothes on Whitney because Paris... pinky up. Lol 

Haha she looks so unfamiliar in real clothes! 

I suppose Chase's taciturn behavior in this episode is because he's thinking long and hard about how he needs to buy a diamond ring before they climb the Eiffel Tower 😄 😄 😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Is this “ partnership” with Ryan for real & are there actual people who think that watching a fat woman scream & ride a bike. & two “ bro’s” riding a tandem bike is in anyway going to help them with their exercise routine.? Plus i saw it for free on TLC and I don’t feel one bit thinner from the experience.  Also, poor Simon. I thought Whit was going to drag him all the way to the vineyard screaming, “don’t let go”!  Also, the way she just insisted on being the driver, so she’d get more foot room was so Whitney. I think Chase is having second thoughts about more than having children; I think he’s thinking he should have negotiated for more money.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 10

So in an hour next week, they will reconcile their differences about kids and go on to get engaged. On a 5 day trip. 

Sure, Jan. 

Fakety fake fake. Though, I did feel Chase’s irritation was real. Just for different reasons. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

Also, the way she just insisted on being the driver, so she’d get more foot room was so Whitney.

Yes! That was absurd and Whitney in a nutshell. She could have easily ridden shotgun and could have scooted closer without the steering wheel thus giving those in back more room.  🤬

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

How the heck are they going to turn the awkward baby convo and Chase's cold shoulder into a marriage proposal on the same trip? Can't wait. 

I don't know how the bike didn't end up with flat tires and a broken seat. 

My exact thoughts.  No one goes from not knowing if they even want kids to proposing to spend their life with someone who wants nothing more in less than a week. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

What does Whitney even add to those videos - she pretty much just stands there?Why out of all the fitness people in the world anyone would subscribe to their videos. There was nothing in those videos ( except for the Seine) that was original or even very challenging. Do “ followers” have to pay for content or do they get advertisers?   Also, Chase’s hair looks like shit.

I was wondering this as I watched.  Who the hell wants to see what they showed tonight.  I'm assuming the money comes from advertisers who run ads with their videos, but unless they advertise food,  I can't see that they'd sell anything,

6 hours ago, Leilani said:

Why would they rent such a tiny car.

Ashley and Todd allegedly rented it for the two of them, and Whit took over, as is her wont.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I thought this episode was pretty boring.  I enjoyed seeing Paris I wish they could have just shown that for an hour I would have been more entertained.   I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said. 

I did like how Chase jumped in the back seat when they got back in the car after stopping to pee.  Yea he and Twit are so in love.   It's pretty obvious she'd rather talk to her precious "Dadwee" than spend intimate time with her "boyfriend".  

I didn't understand why Ashley and Todd's room had two huge beds and Twit's/Chase/Ryan's room had only one bed, or why the three of them had to share one room.  

This whole "we have to go to Paris to expand our business" storyline is beyond ridiculous.  Twit didn't even do the exercises during the shoot she just stood there making stupid comments.  I know I've said it a million times but you can find videos better than the ones they make for free on YouTube. 

Just like last year we had the gang on bikes with Twit's boobs flapping in her face while she screams like the asshole she is.

Oh boy next week is the  proposal we've already seen on the endless previews.  See bad acting at it's finest as Twit feigns surprise. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

I didn't understand why Ashley and Todd's room had two huge beds and Twit's/Chase/Ryan's room had only one bed, or why the three of them had to share one room.  

This is part of the whole YOU NEED TO SUSPEND DISBELIEF of this stupid show.  Why didn't they just switch rooms?  Whitney and Chase could have had the one room to themselves.  I'm sure that Ashley and Todd would not have minded sharing a bed, and Ryan could have kept the cot. 

When I was in the early stages of my relationship i couldn't keep my hands off my boyfriend/soon-to-be fiance.  To be in Paris and not have a private room with your boyfriend -- especially when you make so much money -- makes no frigging sense at all.  And even though THAT hotel may have been booked, i'm sure there's another one in Paris.  Or even an AirBNB, VRBO, etc option.  This show is becoming insulting. 

Oh, and seeing as I'm irritated, I have to add that while she was careening down the incline on the bike, she wasn't pedalling at all.  I looked.  argh.  Why do i watch this idiocy?

Edited by Calliope12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
42 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

know I've said it a million time

Well crap, most of your comment  didn't  copy but anyhow.... instead of  spending  $20 PER MONTH,  her "exercise " followers could  spend  $20 ONE TIME and buy a set of  4 DVDs from Grow Young Fitness. (I keep seeing ads on the Internet) The exercises  look easy enough  for  even Twit.  They seem to be  mostly  chair-based.

Or spend $50 one time  for access to  their online videos.  

https://www.growyoungfitness.com/core-19

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney's baby conversation with Chase was hella awkward. "So,  I've had my period six times this year," she begins, and he looks horrified, and slightly greenish, even before she announces that "her body knows the two of them could make babies."  I wish I could read his mind at that moment - he was probably thinking, "WTF? There is NOTHING in my contract that says I have to listen to this."

Her body might think that but I'm sure that her endocrinologist and gynecologist might have another opinion on the matter.

Gods, this was excruciating to sit through (I admittedly fast forwarded through a lot of it). Watching Whitney tromp around on of the most beautiful cities in the world just made the international traveler in me die a little inside. I put down so much effort to be a good guest in whatever country I visit and I dress decently when I go out sightseeing. I might be wearing jeans, but they fit and are clean and without holes and I wear a nice shirt and jacket. Watching Whitney personally go out of her way to embody every negative stereotype of the "ugly American" had me wanting to throw my laptop out the window.

I'm sorry, France. You didn't deserve this.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 14

O.M.G.  She is ridiculous!  Why does she even have a show anymore?  I was all for it when she first started, but now, this show is absolutely ridiculous!  Her constant screaming and complaining and whining, I have had just about enough.  Ugh!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Calliope12 said:

This is part of the whole YOU NEED TO SUSPEND DISBELIEF of this stupid show.  Why didn't they just switch rooms?  Whitney and Chase could have had the one room to themselves.  I'm sure that Ashley and Todd would not have minded sharing a bed, and Ryan could have kept the cot. 

When I was in the early stages of my relationship i couldn't keep my hands off my boyfriend/soon-to-be fiance.  To be in Paris and not have a private room with your boyfriend -- especially when you make so much money -- makes no frigging sense at all.  And even though THAT hotel may have been booked, i'm sure there's another one in Paris.  Or even an AirBNB, VRBO, etc option.  This show is becoming insulting. 

Oh, and seeing as I'm irritated, I have to add that while she was careening down the incline on the bike, she wasn't pedalling at all.  I looked.  argh.  Why do i watch this idiocy?

Even easier, they could have put Ryan's roll away bed in Ashley and Todd's room, instead of Chase & Whitney's.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I think they had to film all of that ‘oh man they screwed up the rooms’ to explain why Whitney and Chase weren’t in a room alone. That wasn’t in Chase’s contract. Personally I think one room had the girls and one had the guys but they did the ‘room fiasco’ storyline for cover.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I have to admit I did get a good chuckle of Whit's bouncing boobs when she was on the bike. The producers made sure we weren't going to miss that.

When was the actual trip? I really don't care but it seems like it was cooler and most people had jackets on incl Whit's group except Whit who had a tank top on like it was 95 degrees. Why am I not surprised? Boy she sure looked huge when she had that skirt on (with the tank top.) Maybe because she has no definite waistline & the skirt's waistline had to fit right under her boobs making it hang like a tent. But it still looked much better than her usual outfits of sports bras and yoga pants. 

I'm sure the gang had practice on the tandem bikes. They are not easy to steer and ride on. My brother & sister-in-law rented one at the beach years ago. My SIL had the back seat & she said it was difficult because she couldn't see where they were going. She couldn't see around my BIL & was basically looking at his back the whole ride.  They tried switching places but had same problems. It also takes practice & coordination pedaling as both persons have to pedal in sync with one another.  So I thought it was something that both couples jumped on the bikes and rode off like they had been doing it for years.  Even Ashley, who has gained plenty of weight herself,  didn't seem to have trouble. 

I did enjoy Todd's French especially the Derierre response. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Calliope12 said:

The editing and overall effort this season is so low. Why do they bother showing them asking for alone time then calling her dad? Why the obviously dumb room arrangement? Why put the kids argument right before the proposal? So much dumb scenarios even from TLC. Chase and Whit have zero chemistry and it's so obvious. 

• Love 15

Oh my word, y'all. I am a healthcare worker in a senior living facility so as you can imagine, it's pretty tense right now (as it is for a lot of people). I was looking forward to a respite, seeing the French countryside and a bit of Paris. Holy crap. All I could see were Whitney's bouncing ta-tas.

I can't get over how completely disinterested Casey looks. During the baby discussion, he was looking at her with disgust. Disgust. Maybe he is uncomfortable with the cameras filming what is a delicate, awkward convo to begin with (if it was actually real and not acted), but he looked at her like he never wants kids with her. Whether he would with someone else 5 or 10 years from now is a discussion for another day, but he doesn't seem to want them with Whitney. Ever. 

During the smushed car ride from hell, Chase was still quiet.  I wonder if more happened off camera that we didn't see. Or this whole shitshow is absolutely scripted and the producers told Chase, "Give us your best pouty face. Hold it for the next three days and look like you are miserable at a champagne vineyard". What a wasted trip on these yahoos. I would give a pinky for a chance to go to Paris and ride a bike to a beautiful vineyard and stare at Maxime. 

I have a feeling that in Whitney and Chase's come to Jesus conversation next week featured on the preview Chase will suddenly say, "I'm sorry. I do want kids with you. 4 kids to be exact. All named Whitney." and that's how we get the cheesy proposal. 

The workout was absolute shit. She barely moves! Not to mention, if these workouts are designed with Whitney sized people in mind, they can't do that weird star jump thing Gautier was doing. You can't go from slow arm punches to jumping 8 feet in the air. What the hell!? What is the point of them doing this in Paris? I can't imagine this would help build their brand globally at all. The only ones in the US that are funding their mis-venture must be her die hard fans.

So many questions. I need some champagne. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

Those star jumps are difficult, and I'm a reasonably fit person! Ryan definitely designed that workout with "his" people in mind. It'd have been one thing if Whitney was supposed to do the modification for fat or injured people--but she did nothing. She just stood there screeching and braying like always.

The angles on those GoPro mounts can be modified, you know. As much as I don't want to see her squealing joker face as she bounces around the French countryside on a bike far too small for her, I even less want to see her giant tits bouncing around. She just can't help it, I guess. She's just too senshus.

I live in the bay area and our whole region is sheltering in place, so I'm working from home, so I get a little more sleep each night. When I sleep too much, my brain goes to weird places. So last night I had a dream I was in a chat room talking about this show and someone asked me why I didn't like her. I listed all the non-weight reasons (the braying, the selfishness, the laziness, the excuses, the sexual harassment and groping, the animal abuse (horses), the infantilizing of her parents, etc., etc.) and it turns out I was talking with Chase! As a result of our conversation he decided to break it off with Whitney. Such a shame, too, as you know theirs was a love affair for the ages, the kind you write sonnets about and go to war for, and definitely not 100% faked for the cameras.

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

It's pretty obvious she'd rather talk to her precious "Dadwee" than spend intimate time with her "boyfriend".  

I'm surprised Buddy boo bear wasn't the very first person she called.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, rl27rl said:

O.M.G.  She is ridiculous!  Why does she even have a show anymore?  I was all for it when she first started, but now, this show is absolutely ridiculous!  Her constant screaming and complaining and whining, I have had just about enough.  Ugh!

I think all of us have had enough...

• Love 3