Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: A Fat Girl in Paris

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, AvoidinDaChubRub said:

Love hearing Todd in the background singing the theme song of The Golden Girls! 😂  

Whitney on the bicycle: "My butt hurts so bad."
Todd: "Derrière!"  😂   😂  

The gang goes to take pics in the vineyard, while Todd stays behind, reaching for the champagne and says "I'll stay right here"  😂   😂   😂  

Ya gotta love Todd...I do!!!

• Love 10

I just started watching last night's episode, and I could only watch the first 10 minutes of it before I turned it off.  Ryan bugs me.  Chase is a weird one, I do love Todd and Ashley, but Whitney, OMG.  Having a fit that she has to share a room with Chase and Ryan?  Wouldn't her sluttiness in her scream, oh yeah 2 guys want me!!  I see no romantic relationship between her and Chase whatsoever.  She really loved Lennie, that was not scripted.  This entire season is total BS TLC scripted to the point that I can no longer watch this show.  I'm done.

• Love 4

Omg this woman. The French driver looked mortified. The hotel is very nice and very expensive, I think it's across from the Tuileries if I remember correctly, likely production would only fork out so much money.  Clearly Whitney did no research if she didn't know you could climb the tower. I had to turn this mess off, Whit with the addition of Ryan and Chase is just too much. She doesn't know what the Arc de Triomphe is?!?!? Holy shit.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Whit with the addition of Ryan and Chase is just too much.

I agree with you 100%  I did enjoy Whitney with her Greensboro friends.  Ever since she met Ryan and moved to Charlotte, is a different show altogether.  Ryan and Chase both ruined this show completely.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, rl27rl said:

Her constant screaming and complaining and whining, I have had just about enough.  Ugh!

I was thinking last night when she was detailing how "proud of herself" she was about whatever - I'd love to have her one day be "proud of herself" for shutting her screaming yap so that others can enjoy an activity!

• Love 13
1 minute ago, princelina said:

I was thinking last night when she was detailing how "proud of herself" she was about whatever - I'd love to have her one day be "proud of herself" for shutting her screaming yap so that others can enjoy an activity!

it.will.never.happen.  She thinks she is always fabulous.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

Ok I turned it back on because I love Paris. Ryan can shut up and rent his own car, Todd is right it isn't fair considering Ashley and himself rented the car for two people. Trigny is a friggen 6 hour drive and very easy to get to by train. Many closer places to go get champagne and there is more than enough to see in Paris. Whitney "We are here to work why are we going to wine country?" Ryan "we will film the bike ride for our subscribers." Whitney "How dare you make me cycle." Poor Simon I hope he got paid for his appearance. I want to marry Maxime.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

She doesn't know what the Arc de Triomphe is?!?!? Holy shit.

Oh FFS. I knew what  L' Arc de Triomphe and the Tuileries were  when I was in high school. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Oh FFS. I knew what  L' Arc de Triomphe and the Tuileries were  when I was in high school. 

I also knew champagne was made of grapes. Even when I go on business trips I always research where I am going so I can squeeze in some sight seeing.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Even the title of this episode makes me mad.  A Fat Girl in Paris.  If I lived in Paris, I would be mortified by looking at a fat girl from the United States, and then thinking what is wrong with people in the United States who look and ACT the way she does?  She really is giving America a bad name, and for that reason alone, she is horrible.  By calling her 'a fat girl in paris' she's just using her no Body Shame campaign once again, bragging that she's fat and fabulous.  She makes me sick to my stomach.  I physically hate her.

• Love 6

I know his type.  He will wind up with a woman about five years his junior who has a BA that she doesn’t use who will dutifully raise his children so that he can come home and wrestle around with them for 15 minutes before it’s off to bed with them, so that he can enjoy his creature comforts far from the pitter-patter of little feet.  

Wow.

I guess I know a lot of men like Chase then - married to college educated women who chose to stay home and raise their children rather than working outside the home, for a whole variety of reasons. Of course, when Dad works outside the home, he's away for 10 hours a day or more between working and commuting so his time with the kids is more limited. All this time I thought these guys were just doing their best to be good husbands, fathers and providers for their families. Little did I know they were just of a "type" who wanted to call themselves fathers but not actually parent.

I don't know Chase at all and I have no idea whether or not he wants children, what kind of parent he would be if he had children and what sort of woman he might ultimately marry. But I'm not going to judge him if he ends up in a marriage that looks like a lot of other marriages - where one parent stays home with the kids and the other works outside the home - because that's sort of a minimum of what it takes to keep everyone fed and supervised and sheltered.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

In what world is 29 young to start thinking about kids??  Holy shit.  And if two people are on a course toward potentially getting married, it doesn’t matter if they’re 18—they need to discuss whether it’s their plan to have children before they get married, no? 

Children, how you are going to divide housework, career expectations, long term goals, money management, how you are going to live, where you want to live, there are like a gazillion serious things that are being completely left out for moments before engagement

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, John M said:

Children, how you are going to divide housework, career expectations, long term goals, money management, how you are going to live, where you want to live, there are like a gazillion serious things that are being completely left out for moments before engagement

Whit's answers: 

I want kids / Chase will do  the  housework/ Chase will have a  job/ Goals, what do you  mean / I'll  manage (to spend) the money(on Starbucks) / whatever/ We'll  live in  Charlotte  so I can make videos for nobsactive. Unless Chase is still  managing the  bar in which  case he'll  live in Wilmington.

That would  most likely be  her answers if someone  actually  asked these questions.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Wow.

I guess I know a lot of men like Chase then - married to college educated women who chose to stay home and raise their children rather than working outside the home, for a whole variety of reasons. Of course, when Dad works outside the home, he's away for 10 hours a day or more between working and commuting so his time with the kids is more limited. All this time I thought these guys were just doing their best to be good husbands, fathers and providers for their families. Little did I know they were just of a "type" who wanted to call themselves fathers but not actually parent.

I don't know Chase at all and I have no idea whether or not he wants children, what kind of parent he would be if he had children and what sort of woman he might ultimately marry. But I'm not going to judge him if he ends up in a marriage that looks like a lot of other marriages - where one parent stays home with the kids and the other works outside the home - because that's sort of a minimum of what it takes to keep everyone fed and supervised and sheltered.

Not sure I judged Chase, at least not harshly (although of course I reserve the right to do so in the future).  I described my opinion of how I think his life is going to progress, and I stand by it.  The word “wow” denotes astonishment.  What’s astonishing about the prognosis I made for Chase?  It seems like there is some judgment being projected onto stuff I didn’t say or imply.  I dunno.  I didn’t say “just” a type; I said “a type.”  A type is just someone who fits into a category.  Everyone is a type.  I am a type.  Whitney is...a type.  A type of what, I’m not entirely sure. 😉

I’m going to return to my regularly scheduled snarking...

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

This whole "we have to go to Paris to expand our business" storyline is beyond ridiculous. 

This is the bottom line, isn't it?  It's like taking you child to Paris to sell those coupon books, or calendars.

12 hours ago, Calliope12 said:

Why do i watch this idiocy?

To come here, same reason we all do.

11 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

This is how a fat girl can look while exploring Europe (this was me when I visited Prague in Oct, 2018). Look... clean clothes that fit. It can be done!

But why?  Lipstick on a pig.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, John M said:

Setting aside the obvious that this is a fake relationship, these are questions that come up organically as a relationship develops towards engagement and marriage. If they really were a couple they still wouldn’t have spent enough time together to know these things about each other and how these critical plans and goals mesh together. It’s not even because of the length of the relationship. It’s because they are really never together. Besides, Whitney isn’t mature enough to even realize these discussions are part of a relationship. Not that Chase is oozing with maturing in that department either. But at least if Chase matures someday he might have some hope for a successful relationship (maybe not but maybe). Whitney would need a personality transplant. All of these very important issues require discussion and compromise. Whitney doesn’t understand that. She just barrels through life assuming she gets whatever she wants and everyone around her has no other goal than to give her whatever she wants. All the time together and discussion in the world isn’t going to turn that kind of person into one capable of a life long relationship. 

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Setting aside the obvious that this is a fake relationship, these are questions that come up organically as a relationship develops towards engagement and marriage. If they really were a couple they still wouldn’t have spent enough time together to know these things about each other and how these critical plans and goals mesh together. It’s not even because of the length of the relationship. It’s because they are really never together. Besides, Whitney isn’t mature enough to even realize these discussions are part of a relationship. Not that Chase is oozing with maturing in that department either. But at least if Chase matures someday he might have some hope for a successful relationship (maybe not but maybe). Whitney would need a personality transplant. All of these very important issues require discussion and compromise. Whitney doesn’t understand that. She just barrels through life assuming she gets whatever she wants and everyone around her has no other goal than to give her whatever she wants. All the time together and discussion in the world isn’t going to turn that kind of person into one capable of a life long relationship. 

But she HAS a lifelong  relationship  --- several,  in fact. One with daddy, one with  herself,  and her most important  one, with FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD!

• Love 6

It was a pathetic showing of Whit and her workout skilz, just moving her arms while Ryan and the french guy were doing the workout, just flapping her batwing arms, she couldn't even do a small squat?  The car thing was so stupid, the 2 chunkers, Whit and Ashley should have been up in the front. I bet her big old gut was what was steering that car. Why do I get the feeling that Ryan is Chase's caregiver? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

I thought Whitney used to say that she had no periods at all? Now she has six a year? Wonder how she manages that when she can't even wipe her own butt? And I really doubt any fertility doctor will help a morbidly obese patient get pregnant, so she will need to do it own her own. Their first advise is almost always for the patient to lose weight. Even if they just carry ten extra pounds. Just more lies they want us to believe.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Colleenna said:

But she HAS a lifelong  relationship  --- several,  in fact. One with daddy, one with  herself,  and her most important  one, with FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD!

Ok - fair enough. I will revise my comment to say she isn’t capable of a give and take relationship 🙂

• Love 4

I read some of the FB comments on the ads for this episode. 

People believe this Twitshitshow is true.

They are mad at Ryan for being Ryan.

They are rooting for Twit and Chase as a couple (yes,  couple of whats, idk).

I don't understand that level of gullibility.  

It boggles the mind. 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Whitney was butchering French right and left, but the thing that stood out to me was when she said “au revoir” as “aw rev wor” when she knows it’s pronounced roughly “aw vwah.”  She’s lived abroad.  I can’t chalk this up to ignorance.  I think she was trying to be ironic, but it didn’t really land, because she’s not great at irony.

Actually, I would find it deeply insulting if someone were deliberately butchering the language they're trying to speak to me in just for a cheap laugh at the expense of the locals. When you're traveling abroad, you are a guest in someone else's country. You have the choice between being a good guest or a bad one. The bad ones are the ugly Americans, who think that if they speak English very slowly in an exaggerated manner and very loudly that the locals will suddenly have a magical understanding of the language. Or who can't be bothered to learn one or two phrases in the local language. Everywhere I've traveled, even just attempting to speak the local language is appreciated since you are showing that you remember that not everyone speaks English as their native language. It's just more piss poor, rude behavior on Whitney's part.

22 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

In what world is 29 young to start thinking about kids??  Holy shit.  And if two people are on a course toward potentially getting married, it doesn’t matter if they’re 18—they need to discuss whether it’s their plan to have children before they get married, no?

Chase may not think that he's at a point where he wants to consider having children, but he has the luxury of time. He can father kids well into his later years if he decides that he wants them. But he's supposedly in a relationship with someone who's older and supposedly has a history of PCOS. Women in their mid to late 30s (Whitney's age group) already face decreased fertility which will only get worse as they get older and the PCOS certainly isn't going to help matters. Even if this relationship was real, the odds are that Whitney will never get pregnant or carry to term without significant medical intervention. That means a lot of effort on both their parts as well as a lot of money to pay for IVF treatments (with no guarantee that it will even work). Whitney doesn't have forever.

Not everyone wants kids. I never did (my mother recognizing this fact from the time I was very young and every baby doll I was given ended up bald and with limbs torn off) and I would be miserable if I married someone for whom having children was a deal breaker. This is one of the most important conversations that a couple in a serious relationship needs to have, because this is the kind of irreconcilable difference that will destroy a marriage. If Chase is at best ambivalent about having children and Whitney is gung ho for having them, it's better for them to find out now before they get in any deeper.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Even the title of this episode makes me mad.  A Fat Girl in Paris.  If I lived in Paris, I would be mortified by looking at a fat girl from the United States, and then thinking what is wrong with people in the United States who look and ACT the way she does?  She really is giving America a bad name, and for that reason alone, she is horrible.  By calling her 'a fat girl in paris' she's just using her no Body Shame campaign once again, bragging that she's fat and fabulous.  She makes me sick to my stomach.  I physically hate her.

You can be fat and travel the world and not have your weight be your sole identity. I certainly did. It's not exactly a miracle to get your ass on a plane and walk around some of the great old cities of the world. I managed trans-Pacific flights leaving from NYC without crowing about how amazing it was that I, a fat woman, managed such a feat.

In Japan, any foreigner is considered a gaijin (which isn't an insult - it just means "foreigner"). A good gaijin isn't expected to understand or abide by all the particulars of Japans etiquette, but attempting to do so is looked upon very favorably. Remembering to take my shoes off before entering a home or temple without being prodded to reflected well on me, as having an understanding of Japanese table manners and speaking in a softer tone than I usually do. A bad gaijin is someone who doesn't care to even try or goes out of their way to be rude. 

Whitney is even worse, because she goes out of her way to be obnoxious. It's an embarrassment that some will look upon her as an example of the typical American women when most of us would be mortified to be seen in such a manner.

• Love 16
51 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Whitney is even worse, because she goes out of her way to be obnoxious.

That's her shtick.  That's what she thinks is entertaining for her "fans".  Acting like an unintelligent, loud, rude jackass. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought that was when Buddy was just getting home from work...

I thought Tal said Buddy was banging around at 2 am when they “lived together “ but I don’t even know what Buddy’s job is now.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

That's her shtick.  That's what she thinks is entertaining for her "fans".  Acting like an unintelligent, loud, rude jackass. 

I'm not sure  she's  acting. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

OMG, I chortled out loud when suave Whitney sidled up to Chase and initiated the all-important baby-makin' convo with this come-hither opening line:

"So I've had my period six times in the past year. That's more than I've ever had it. It's like my body just KNOWS."

Watching her stomp away in a huff when this line failed to turn Chase on was the icing on the hated cake.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

OMG, I chortled out loud when suave Whitney sidled up to Chase and initiated the all-important baby-makin' convo with this come-hither opening line:

"So I've had my period six times in the past year. That's more than I've ever had it. It's like my body just KNOWS."

Watching her stomp away in a huff when this line failed to turn Chase on was the icing on the hated cake.

I think Whitney went way off script in this scene and poor Chase had no idea how to proceed.  I'd  bet Chase would love kids some day but not with a womanchild  who is 2 years away from being bed bound amd needs one of those grippy sticks to navigate life.

What I wanted to see from this romance is a little bit of honesty about what it's like to have a plus size lover. I'm seeing a man now who might be closing in on 300lbs and let me tell ya, it's different. From not being able to sit in a  booth at a diner to taking the middle seat on flights so I can absorb most of his spillage. That's my new existence. Seeing some of that through Chase's eyes would have  been cool. Or maybe he is giving me his truth because he sure hopped his ass in the  backseat after their pit stop and chose to ride tandem w Ryan sooo...🤷🏾‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Actually, I would find it deeply insulting if someone were deliberately butchering the language they're trying to speak to me in just for a cheap laugh at the expense of the locals. When you're traveling abroad, you are a guest in someone else's country. You have the choice between being a good guest or a bad one. The bad ones are the ugly Americans, who think that if they speak English very slowly in an exaggerated manner and very loudly that the locals will suddenly have a magical understanding of the language. Or who can't be bothered to learn one or two phrases in the local language. Everywhere I've traveled, even just attempting to speak the local language is appreciated since you are showing that you remember that not everyone speaks English as their native language. It's just more piss poor, rude behavior on Whitney's part.

Chase may not think that he's at a point where he wants to consider having children, but he has the luxury of time. He can father kids well into his later years if he decides that he wants them. But he's supposedly in a relationship with someone who's older and supposedly has a history of PCOS. Women in their mid to late 30s (Whitney's age group) already face decreased fertility which will only get worse as they get older and the PCOS certainly isn't going to help matters. Even if this relationship was real, the odds are that Whitney will never get pregnant or carry to term without significant medical intervention. That means a lot of effort on both their parts as well as a lot of money to pay for IVF treatments (with no guarantee that it will even work). Whitney doesn't have forever.

Not everyone wants kids. I never did (my mother recognizing this fact from the time I was very young and every baby doll I was given ended up bald and with limbs torn off) and I would be miserable if I married someone for whom having children was a deal breaker. This is one of the most important conversations that a couple in a serious relationship needs to have, because this is the kind of irreconcilable difference that will destroy a marriage. If Chase is at best ambivalent about having children and Whitney is gung ho for having them, it's better for them to find out now before they get in any deeper.

Agreed.  It was the point of my post that Whitney was butchering the French language and it was not cool.  When I said Todd could have managed it and looked charming, I meant behind closed doors.  That would be part of the charm.  I don’t give a fig if foreigners are having a giggle about the way my language sounds behind closed doors.  I doubt many other cultures would either.  It would make me feel that anyone who cared was over sensitive and insecure.  My sister took French in school, before I did, and she recounted to our family that the French word for “banana” was “banane,” and she was taught that sometimes the first consonant sound is dropped when it’s used in a sentence.  For some reason, my mom, my sister and I all started saying it, and every so often we would say, “a-na-na,” for the mere pleasure of the sound of the word.  I would have no issue whatsoever if a French person found a turn of an English phrase or word funny and repeated it often around other people, without minding the gravitas of the meaning of the word.

And it’s my experience, from my time in France, that they don’t want you, or should I say me, to speak French.  I took two years of French in school, so it’s not like I would say “aw rev war” to a French person either, but the French people in which I came into contact preferred to speak English to me.  They did not tend to appreciate my attempts at speaking their language.  From what I understand, this is very common in Paris, which is the part of France I was in.  Everyone has their own experience.

I get that Chase might not be in a place to think about or have children, and, biologically speaking, he has decades to think about it.  What was abnormal about it from my perspective was that Chase was using his age as a reason that it was inappropriate for Whitney to talk to him about kids, and Ryan sort of aided and abetted that thought pattern by saying, basically, “YOU may be 29, but Whitney’s not.”  As if 29 is 19.  Or twenty-three

It is extremely normal for a 29 year old man to have some opinions on whether he wants kids, whereas Chase acted like Whitney dropped a hot potato in his lap by virtue of his age.  He has a whole other host of reasons for not wanting to procreate with Whitney (which I think is what this is really about), but age isn’t one of them.  He’s not a spring chicken anymore, is all I’m saying.  When he’s 35 or 39, is he going to keep saying, “I dunno if I want to have kids.  I’m still just 36.”?  It sounds like it’s not his age that’s holding him back; it sounds like it’s more like his maturity level, which is fine, but I’m just asking a bruh to not use one as a proxy for the other.  I’d have a lot more respect for him if he said, “my business hasn’t really taken off, I want to travel, I want to meet new people, and I don’t know if I want to have kids until all those things have occurred,” rather than “I’m 29!  I can’t talk about kids!”  

I decided very recently that I absolutely don’t want kids, but when I was still trying to figure it out in my early thirties—and to take the fertility question out of it, the idea of adoption wasn’t off the table—I never would have said, “Oh, I haven’t decided if I want kids.  I am only 30 after all.”  I would say “there are a myriad of factors that I am weighing, and I have not decided yet.“

There’s a point—I would put it right around 27 or 28–when a person may no longer shirk the question of reproductivity on account of their age.  They don’t have to be willing to talk about it with anyone, it’s not anyone’s business, they can share some and keep some to themselves, but they may not cry “youth” as a reason they have not made this decision after 28.  They are free to claim immaturity, but not youth, simply because they’re not young.  YMMV.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

will look upon her as an example of the typical American women

that right there, made me so mad at her, that I refuse to give her anymore hatred than I already feel towards her.  She's an embarrassment to America.

17 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Agreed.  It was the point of my post that Whitney was butchering the French language and it was not cool.  When I said Todd could have managed it and looked charming, I meant behind closed doors.  That would be part of the charm.  I don’t give a fig if foreigners are having a giggle about the way my language sounds behind closed doors.  I doubt many other cultures would either.  It would make me feel that anyone who cared was over sensitive and insecure.  My sister took French in school, before I did, and she recounted to our family that the French word for “banana” was “banane,” and she was taught that sometimes the first consonant sound is dropped when it’s used in a sentence.  For some reason, my mom, my sister and I all started saying it, and every so often we would say, “a-na-na,” for the mere pleasure of the sound of the word.  I would have no issue whatsoever if a French person found a turn of an English phrase or word funny and repeated it often around other people, without minding the gravitas of the meaning of the word.

And it’s my experience, from my time in France, that they don’t want you, or should I say me, to speak French.  I took two years of French in school, so it’s not like I would say “aw rev war” to a French person either, but the French people in which I came into contact preferred to speak English to me.  They did not tend to appreciate my attempts at speaking their language.  From what I understand, this is very common in Paris, which is the part of France I was in.  Everyone has their own experience.

I get that Chase might not be in a place to think about or have children, and, biologically speaking, he has decades to think about it.  What was abnormal about it from my perspective was that Chase was using his age as a reason that it was inappropriate for Whitney to talk to him about kids, and Ryan sort of aided and abetted that thought pattern by saying, basically, “YOU may be 29, but Whitney’s not.”  As if 29 is 19.  Or twenty-three

It is extremely normal for a 29 year old man to have some opinions on whether he wants kids, whereas Chase acted like Whitney dropped a hot potato in his lap by virtue of his age.  He has a whole other host of reasons for not wanting to procreate with Whitney (which I think is what this is really about), but age isn’t one of them.  He’s not a spring chicken anymore, is all I’m saying.  When he’s 35 or 39, is he going to keep saying, “I dunno if I want to have kids.  I’m still just 36.”?  It sounds like it’s not his age that’s holding him back; it sounds like it’s more like his maturity level, which is fine, but I’m just asking a bruh to not use one as a proxy for the other.  I’d have a lot more respect for him if he said, “my business hasn’t really taken off, I want to travel, I want to meet new people, and I don’t know if I want to have kids until all those things have occurred,” rather than “I’m 29!  I can’t talk about kids!”  

I decided very recently that I absolutely don’t want kids, but when I was still trying to figure it out in my early thirties—and to take the fertility question out of it, the idea of adoption wasn’t off the table—I never would have said, “Oh, I haven’t decided if I want kids.  I am only 30 after all.”  I would say “there are a myriad of factors that I am weighing, and I have not decided yet.“

There’s a point—I would put it right around 27 or 28–when a person may no longer shirk the question of reproductivity on account of their age.  They don’t have to be willing to talk about it with anyone, it’s not anyone’s business, they can share some and keep some to themselves, but they may not cry “youth” as a reason they have not made this decision after 28.  They are free to claim immaturity, but not youth, simply because they’re not young.  YMMV.

I think it's all because of her parents pressuring her for years to have a child.  I don't think she's got the unconditional love and so much more that comes with being a parent.  I would feel the child would be unsafe in her home for many reasons.  Remember when she was in Korea, and Hengi's hair caught on fire?  She's too self-centered and selfish to care for herself, let along an infant.   Let's just hope Chase's TLC contract runs out before he's hooked into fatherhood.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I hope when she gets old, alone, and friendless, she will have time to watch all of these seasons, and just be horrified at the way she behaved.  I can't believe she hasn't hit rock bottom yet.  I thought her rock bottom was the episode where she couldn't ski and collapsed on the slope and had one of the production crew help her up, because her boyfriend Lennie, wasn't strong enough.  Another rock bottom moment could have also been during the dance marathon when she passed out and was rushed to the emergency room.  Oh, but right after she was released she had Buddy order a pizza.  She's insane.

• Love 7

I took two years of French in school, so it’s not like I would say “aw rev war” to a French person either, but the French people in which I came into contact preferred to speak English to me.  They did not tend to appreciate my attempts at speaking their language.

So true. That was my experience the first time I was in France and trying to buy some train tickets. The clerk answered in English. However, more recently I was in a restaurant and ordered in French and was successful in getting my food.

The idea that Whitney purposely exaggerates incorrect pronunciation is just lame - especially since she imagines that she is so witty. Hawaya and Alasker anyone? Who thinks that is funny? Stupid yes, amusing NO.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

What I wanted to see from this romance is a little bit of honesty about what it's like to have a plus size lover. I'm seeing a man now who might be closing in on 300lbs and let me tell ya, it's different. From not being able to sit in a  booth at a diner to taking the middle seat on flights so I can absorb most of his spillage. That's my new existence. Seeing some of that through Chase's eyes would have  been cool. Or maybe he is giving me his truth because he sure hopped his ass in the  backseat after their pit stop and chose to ride tandem w Ryan sooo...🤷🏾‍♀️

This, all day!  This is why I started watching the show—I wanted to see what life was like from the perspective of a really large person.  There was that other show on TLC that told the stories of really tall women, and I ate that up too.  They focused more on height.  This is starting to become The Whitney Show, and less like a documentary, and it’s really disappointing.  Chase is going to toe the party line so that the TLC gravy train keeps coming.  There will be no honesty.  Remember when he said he thought she weighed 250 lbs?!?  I guess she could be 250 lbs...on the surface of the moon.

2 hours ago, texasbluebonnets said:

that right there, made me so mad at her, that I refuse to give her anymore hatred than I already feel towards her.  She's an embarrassment to America.

I think it's all because of her parents pressuring her for years to have a child.  I don't think she's got the unconditional love and so much more that comes with being a parent.  I would feel the child would be unsafe in her home for many reasons.  Remember when she was in Korea, and Hengi's hair caught on fire?  She's too self-centered and selfish to care for herself, let along an infant.   Let's just hope Chase's TLC contract runs out before he's hooked into fatherhood.

I don’t think she really wants a kid.  Remember a few seasons ago, she went on a fertility journey (ugh), then went to see if she could adopt a Korean baby, and they told her it wouldn’t be possible with her BMI and her history of mental illness, and she chalked it up to being branded as “too fat and crazy” to adopt?  But when the adoption expert said that she could pay a woman from the country of Georgia to have a baby for her, there were...crickets?  She doesn’t want to be a mother; she wants to be a martyr.  

1 hour ago, texasbluebonnets said:

I hope when she gets old, alone, and friendless, she will have time to watch all of these seasons, and just be horrified at the way she behaved.  I can't believe she hasn't hit rock bottom yet.  I thought her rock bottom was the episode where she couldn't ski and collapsed on the slope and had one of the production crew help her up, because her boyfriend Lennie, wasn't strong enough.  Another rock bottom moment could have also been during the dance marathon when she passed out and was rushed to the emergency room.  Oh, but right after she was released she had Buddy order a pizza.  She's insane.

This.  Since we’re all quarantined at home, and likely bored, I wonder if everyone agrees this was her worst moment?  I think it was in the top three.  The wheelchair at the St Patrick’s Day Parade was probably number one for me.  The skis probably tie for number two with the season opener where she was supposed to host a dance marathon and she wound up passing out and needed paramedic care pretty much before the thing began.  Any takers for any other glorious moments?  The 8k in Hawaier was bad, but I don’t think it cracks the top five.  

• Love 8

I haven’t seen all the episodes, but I remember that when she was in the hospital after the danceathon the doctors were telling her she had high blood pressure and some other health issues and she needed to lose weight ASAP.  Her family visited her a little while later and she told them that all her numbers were perfect and she was totally healthy and the doctors just want her to follow up to be extra cautious.  That level of deceit and denial was shocking to me 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Remember when he said he thought she weighed 250 lbs?!?  I guess she could be 250 lbs...on the surface of the moon.I

I will give a little credit to Chase on this one. A lot of men are really stupid about how much women weigh. They tend to think “X’ weight is a normal woman weight without any thought to anything else. For example, my husband found out that our daughter weighs 140 lbs. He completely freaked out and couldn’t believe a girl could weigh that and be ok. What he didn’t take into account is that she’s 5’10” and went through puberty over 3 years go - so she’s an adult body wise. But to him 140 lbs for a woman just sounded like a lot and thought she should lose at least 10 lbs. Sure - if she was 5’2” but at 5’10” she’s fine. He agreed she doesn’t look overweight. So we know Chase hangs around petite women. If most of them are say 115-120 or if he assumes that’s what they weigh - then to him seeing Whitney and knowing she’s huge he probably figures 250 is two of these women so surely she wouldn’t weigh more than that. Sorry Chase - she’s 3 of these women.  

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Whit's answers: 

I want kids / Chase will do  the  housework/ Chase will have a  job/ Goals, what do you  mean / I'll  manage (to spend) the money(on Starbucks) / whatever/ We'll  live in  Charlotte  so I can make videos for nobsactive. Unless Chase is still  managing the  bar in which  case he'll  live in Wilmington.

That would  most likely be  her answers if someone  actually  asked these questions.  

Agree with most of this, but I bet she'd have a lot to say on goals!  "I want to do a cover for Vogue and possibly Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition once I can get them to stop body shaming women, I want to dance in a Broadway musical, win a national weightlifting competition, become a personal trainer to the stars . . ."

3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This.  Since we’re all quarantined at home, and likely bored, I wonder if everyone agrees this was her worst moment?  I think it was in the top three.  The wheelchair at the St Patrick’s Day Parade was probably number one for me.  The skis probably tie for number two with the season opener where she was supposed to host a dance marathon and she wound up passing out and needed paramedic care pretty much before the thing began.  Any takers for any other glorious moments?  The 8k in Hawaier was bad, but I don’t think it cracks the top five.  

I think the skis have to be the worst, because she was literally stuck there in a half split with no way to rescue herself.  Fat Girl Scooter on St. Patrick's Day should have been humiliating when all of the other Big Girls marched, but I think she just felt like a queen leading her subjects along, since we all know she has no shame, so I can't see that being a rock bottom moment for her.  Passing out at the dance marathon AND the trouble she had walking 5K in Hawaier should both have been humiliating rock bottom moments, but some people's addictions are just that strong.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, princelina said:

Agree with most of this, but I bet she'd have a lot to say on goals!  "I want to do a cover for Vogue and possibly Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition once I can get them to stop body shaming women, I want to dance in a Broadway musical, win a national weightlifting competition, become a personal trainer to the stars . . ."

And I want (no deserve) all of these things with little-to-no effort or skill. I should just get all of that because I’m Whitney.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

And I want (no deserve) all of these things with little-to-no effort or skill. I should just get all of that because I’m Whitney.

My bad - thanks for finishing that up for me 😄 

• Love 4
On 3/17/2020 at 8:26 PM, absolutelyido said:

Whitney and Chase want Ryan to leave them alone in their hotel room for 30 minutes....so she can call her "Dadwee"? 

I just can't stand how impressed Whitney is with herself.

Totally came here to say this! She complains that she and Chase won’t have any alone time, then when Ryan leaves and they ARE alone she uses the time to call her parents?? So weird!

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

It was a pathetic showing of Whit and her workout skilz, just moving her arms while Ryan and the french guy were doing the workout

In other words, just like her BGDC dance class.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Tosia said:

They are rooting for Twit and Chase as a couple (yes,  couple of whats, idk).

I don't understand that level of gullibility.  

It boggles the mind. 

This got me to check this out.  It's attributed to H. L. Mencken.
"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American people."
(Amen to that!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5