Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Coliesa's Story

• Start Topic

The four best reasons for Coliesa to live are her daughters.  But after a heart attack and losing the love of her life in a car crash, Coliesa east non-stop to escape from reality, and unless she can stop that, the next heart attack may be fatal.

In the immortal words of Eminem, will Coliesa snap back to reality?

Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity
Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked
He's so mad, but he won't give up that easy? No
He won't have it, he knows his whole back's to these ropes
It don't matter, he's dope, he knows that, but he's broke
He's so stagnant, he knows, when he goes back to this mobile home, that's when its
Back to the lab again yo, this whole rhapsody
Better go capture this moment and hope it don't pass him

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime

Will she give up that easy? Will she lose herself in the moment, the diet, and never let it go? She's got one shot.  Will she miss her chance to lose weight?  This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.  Well, the opportunity to be on TV for weight loss surgery comes once in a lifetime, so there's that. 

This is the regular episode thread.  It will be open after the US East Coast showing. Snark away!

Original air date 2020.03.18

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

The end scenes with the awful lace dress reminded me of the wedding reception scene in Steel Magnolias, where the mayor's wife was dancing in her skin tight dress, and Dolly Parton's character said she looked like two wildcats fighting in a bag (or something like that). 

I don't care how much weight Coliesa loses, I still don't believe she'll keep it off, or become a nicer person.   She had a horrific childhood, and teens, but though I can feel sorry for her, I still don't like her.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't care how much weight Coliesa loses, I still don't believe she'll keep it off, or become a nicer person.   She had a horrific childhood, and teens, but though I can feel sorry for her, I still don't like her.  

This was such an odd episode.  I didn't hate her, but I didn't really like her, either.  I guess, bottom line, I'm not sure she was being truthful.  I know she lied to the doctor multiple times, and I'm still not sure why he gave her the surgery.  

I believe her about the childhood abuse.  Those were fake tears in Dr. Now's office, but real tears with Lola.  Ultimately I hope she succeeds in her weight loss, but I have my doubts.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

This was such an odd episode.  I didn't hate her, but I didn't really like her, either.  I guess, bottom line, I'm not sure she was being truthful.  I know she lied to the doctor multiple times, and I'm still not sure why he gave her the surgery.  

I believe her about the childhood abuse.  Those were fake tears in Dr. Now's office, but real tears with Lola.  Ultimately I hope she succeeds in her weight loss, but I have my doubts.

I think he gave her the surgery because he was legitimately worried about her body giving out. Granted, I tuned out halfway through to clean my fridge, but I did notice that after she had the intestinal issue, things got more serious. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

She lied and manipulated but for some reason I kind of liked her.  She clearly loved her children surrounded herself with family who was supportive, and eventually sorted herself out.  What a horrific childhood to have overcome.  Even Lola was mortified and I bet she's heard a lot.

7 hours ago, Ivylady said:

I think he gave her the surgery because he was legitimately worried about her body giving out.

I agree, she wasn't going to make it much longer with a blocked artery and a bowel obstruction.  At least he kept her in the hospital to lose the weight.  I was convinced she was going to die on the table.

• Love 9

I started reading the live chat, and all of the puking in the piss bucket would make me feel ill again. I have IBS issues and it was coming out both ends most of yesterday.  I was looking forward to chat but no way could I watch yesterday.

• Love 1

I found a Facebook page for discussing M600PL. Posts there say that quite recently Colesia's health has taken a bad turn; she's still hospitalized, out of a coma but sedated. As of late February Colesia was posting on her own FB page so this must have been fairly recent. I won't repost the images her daughter took of her in the hospital, but here's the image of what her niece said I think last night.

colesiafb.thumb.jpg.922848e0d35dc2c692ed292014c895e2.jpg

A suture from what popped? From WLS from that long ago? That seems implausable since they filmed this about a year ago I'm guessing.

I guess she'll be calling a lawyer to join that suit.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

A suture from what popped? From WLS from that long ago? That seems implausable since they filmed this about a year ago I'm guessing.

If you look at her Facebook, the move to Houston appears to have just happened in early February, which may be why they only showed six months. They're rushing these shows into production. But I can't reconcile an early-February move with the dress shopping and, now, the hospitalization. Did they finish editing yesterday?

Between a manipulative poundticipant and the at least equally manipulative production company and network, the truth is impossible to discern.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Morgalisa said:

Her foster sister inferred that she had a problem with opioids which she never divulged to Dr. Now.  That was probably the reason for the bowel obstruction.  

I am confused.  Wouldn't the opioid use show up in all the blood work they draw.  Her nicotine use did.   I am not a med tech person so that is just a guess.

12 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

If you look at her Facebook, the move to Houston appears to have just happened in early February, which may be why they only showed six months.

Feb 2020????   or Feb 2019?   It is only mid March now and she was in the hospital for a while before the surgery, plus she had a month of recovery or more before the dress shopping which was stupid, but I digress.   I know they can mess with time lines but none of this makes sense to me if she had surgery last month. 

With those butt wings she will probably never find a dress that fits.   I nearly scared my neighbor's cats last night when she was handed a size 28 to try on because I was screaming with laughter.   She could probably find a decent blouse and skirt in the 4-6x size range.  

In the really early episodes of this show---Ashley and another woman---he did the surgery almost as soon as he saw them.   I don't recall his asking them to lose 50 pound a munt for 2 munt before getting the surgery.  This reminded me of those days.  I guess he figured she really needed the surgery so it was better to do it as soon as she lost some weight in the hospital and passed the cardiac test than send her home to gain weight or only lose a little.  

She's a mess.  I hope she recovers.   If she needs another wake-up call, this should be it.

• Love 6

She seemed to have good relationships with her sisters, daughters and even her niece. I was surprised that she didn't do better at her weight loss attempts at home. 

Maybe somebody can explain why an enormously fat person in a hot climate would want to wear skin tight poly spandex knits that were clearly stuck between all her rolls of blubber. And that tank top's straps looked like tourniquets on her hamhock arms, so uncomfortable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I actually spent some time scrolling through her FB feed. I don't know how long ago she had the WLS, but last month she posted about being in terrible pain and the location she was at St. Joseph's Hospital which is in Houston. I assume that's where she's been hospitalized ever since. 

But yeah, it's very strange that they would hurry up and air an episode covering only six months of her journey, and it's aired while she's still in what seems like a bad condition in the hospital. 

I'm not through watching this episode but I needed to say something. I have seen a lot of disgusting things on this show, from James K laig, to Penny's wontons, but I'm sorry peeing and then puking into a bedside bucket is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen on this show.

Holy shit! Whose job is to empty the pee mixed with vomit? There arent 2 separate buckets. I'm just so grossed out by this. She can fit into the bathroom, we saw her in the tub, how come she can't sit on the toilet? If you can sit on a bucket you can sit on a toilet.

Im up to the part where she says "I can even wipe myself now" ha ha ha ha ha

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Last night someone compared Coliesa/Colinisa/Confucious's dye job to something a Brady kid did.  In that person's honor I present this.

Ha ha! That was me! This was the last episode of the series and it was so bad Robert Reed refused to be in it.

I don't even know why the monster who raped her was even out in society. She said that he was in prison for raping four or five of his grandchildren. I would hope crimes of that magnitude would put a person away for a long, long time. I'm surprised his fellow prisoners did not kill him. Many of the people featured in this show have been sexually assaulted in the past, but I don't think there's ever been a case where a parent allowed it to happen willingly.

5 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I would hope crimes of that magnitude would put a person away for a long, long time. I'm surprised his fellow prisoners did not kill him.

Speaking from over 25 years experience working in the criminal justice system, this monster predator WOULD have presumably been given a LONG sentence; however, in my State (can't speak for other states but have been to enough conferences to say "most states") have designated yards for S.O.'s (sex offenders) so they are not prey for general population inmates.  

The issue you mentioned would pose a significant security problem to general population inmates, as well as prison staff (officers) if these types of men were not isolated in their own designated yards.

That said, it is far from an "easy" level of confinement for these types of inmates and I'm sure I don't have to go into any more detail to explain.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

Speaking from over 25 years experience working in the criminal justice system, this monster predator WOULD have presumably been given a LONG sentence; however, in my State (can't speak for other states but have been to enough conferences to say "most states") have designated yards for S.O.'s (sex offenders) so they are not prey for general population inmates.  

Maybe he was?    I think she was 42ish and this happened at age 12 so it was 30 years ago.  It was a great uncle who could have been 60 years old at release so he could have served a fairly long sentence or maybe he was convicted at a time when sentences were shorter or parole was easier.

28 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is the deteriorating health is why we had a six month episode, instead of a year, and why everything seemed rushed.     

I guess so.  I was hoping she would recover, but it doesn't sound like she will survive. 😢

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

From this morning, from her niece.

my600lb life blair niece coliesa.png

OMG that's awful. I really wonder if she would have been better off without having the weight-loss surgery.

The whole episode last night was totally weird -- from the disappearing oxy-addiction narrative to the came-out-of-nowhere bariatric surgery. Colesia didn't even seem like a terrible person which makes this all the more sad. 

44 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

OMG that's awful. I really wonder if she would have been better off without having the weight-loss surgery.

That's really hard to say. I think based on all her habits and conditions that she was essentially doomed anyway. The surgery was a Hail Mary desperate attempt to save her life before time ran out.

• Love 8

Trying to get her weight lower was Dr. Now's aim.    He said she couldn't survive heart surgery for the blockage at the 600 lbs. plus she weighed, and she needed the surgery.    Also, she needed to loose weight as fast as possible, to make a heart procedure possible. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

Oh! I can’t snark when someone’s on life support. I hope she makes it without any lasting damage. I feel for her family.  

Lola and her  letter writing advice makes me want to punch her. I think Sharpe/TLC held a casting call for an actor to play the role of a Psychiatrist.  Lola auditioned and got the job. 

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, nytonc said:

Oh! I can’t snark when someone’s on life support. 

I know. I was really harsh about her early in the live chat last night, and now I regret that. I didn't like the way she acted and talked while doing her addiction(s), but still. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

I know. I was really harsh about her early in the live chat last night, and now I regret that. I didn't like the way she acted and talked while doing her addiction(s), but still. 

It is OK.  After the abdominal blockage ... which has killed countless people ........ from little Carol Ann in Poltergeist, to one of wealthy Gibb brothers, to my dad with Parkinson's ...... is anyone surprised?  

I believe her horrific backstory.  What a sad, tragic life.  

I am trying to understand how a suture gets popped...the stomach itself looks like it gets trimmed and sealed/cauterized immediately with that scissors type tool. The only sutures I see them doing are for the little holes for the instruments. 
This poor woman. Such a miserable childhood, and now to be fighting for her life just when she was about to get it back.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Her name would be FLAWLESS for a drag queen. "Please welcome to the main stage: Coliesa Mercedes!" (co-lease-a Mercedes? Get it? ...I'll see myself out)

Reminds me of old Cadillac ads from the ‘90s: Lisa Catera

Regarding the hideous excuse of a sperm donor handing her over to the rapist uncle: she said her dad said something like, She thinks she’s a grown women so show her what grown women do. Could this be more horrifying? I thought Lola was trying not to cry. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, gardendiva said:

I am trying to understand how a suture gets popped...the stomach itself looks like it gets trimmed and sealed/cauterized immediately with that scissors type tool. The only sutures I see them doing are for the little holes for the instruments. 
This poor woman. Such a miserable childhood, and now to be fighting for her life just when she was about to get it back.

On the 1000 pound sisters show the one who had surgery was smirking as she admitted to the doctor that she’d eaten “just a bite” of solid food when she was still supposed to be on liquids.  He read her the riot act saying that her stomach wasn’t completely healed and she could have popped a suture.  I thought of that when I read the post by Coliesa’s niece.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

The episode was edited horribly . Dr. Now hospitalizes her. Next thing you know she says I lost so much weight I  am getting the surgery. They never said how long she was in there or how much she lost. Usually they do! I backed it up a few times, I thought I missed something. Finally right before the surgery, Dr. Now mentioned that she lost 67 pounds in 3 weeks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

The episode was edited horribly . Dr. Now hospitalizes her. Next thing you know she says I lost so much weight I  am getting the surgery. They never said how long she was in there or how much she lost. Usually they do! I backed it up a few times, I thought I missed something. Finally right before the surgery, Dr. Now mentioned that she lost 67 pounds in 3 weeks.

I'm wondering if it was rushed into production because they know she is not doing well.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Guys, she’s a tattoo artist! Samples of her work are on her FB. 

OMG I thought someone in the Live Chat awarded her the coveted ugliest tattoos ever seen on this show, and that's saying a lot.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Is it possible the sutures were from skin removal surgery if the WLS was last year? Just a guess since it would seem odd that she would have just had the WLS and the show just aired. I don't think they edit it that quickly and air them. But who knows. 

Anyway, though I was bored with this episode, yet again, which is a recurrent theme this season. I am sorry to hear she's in such bad shape. My heart goes out to her and her family. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, zengirl1215 said:

Is it possible the sutures were from skin removal surgery if the WLS was last year? Just a guess since it would seem odd that she would have just had the WLS and the show just aired. I don't think they edit it that quickly and air them. But who knows. 

Anyway, though I was bored with this episode, yet again, which is a recurrent theme this season. I am sorry to hear she's in such bad shape. My heart goes out to her and her family. 

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/reality-tv/coliesa-mcmillian-from-my-600-lb-life-update-on-how-shes-doing-now/    Daughter Hanna posted conflicting remarks on her Facebook page. She alludes that her mother is doing a lot of “acting” in her My 600-lb Life episode.  

Mike F. Posted this

The picture you are looking at her and her Facebook page are 1 year old. There are NO NEW pics of her except 1 on her Facebook page and of course, it looks like she gained it ALL back and then some. I don’t understand this hospital thing unless it was right after the surgery and then after getting better she continued filing the show. The timelines do not mesh for this post, what’s in it, and the pictures being shown. One thing is 100% correct though, she is deceitful and is acting on most of the episode which means that she is lying to everyone in her life as well as herself.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, AVM said:

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/reality-tv/coliesa-mcmillian-from-my-600-lb-life-update-on-how-shes-doing-now/ Daughter Hanna posted conflicting remarks on her Facebook page. She alludes that her mother is doing a lot of “acting” in her My 600-lb Life episode.  

Mike F. Posted this

The picture you are looking at her and her Facebook page are 1 year old. There are NO NEW pics of her except 1 on her Facebook page and of course, it looks like she gained it ALL back and then some. I don’t understand this hospital thing unless it was right after the surgery and then after getting better she continued filing the show. The timelines do not mesh for this post, what’s in it, and the pictures being shown. One thing is 100% correct though, she is deceitful and is acting on most of the episode which means that she is lying to everyone in her life as well as herself.  

Oh okay. Yeah from those pics it does appear she wouldn't have had skin removal. Thanks for the link. 

But what's with the "acting" stuff...it seems that a few of them recently haven't been on the up and up. It's getting old!!!

• Love 2

If true, I feel horribly that she’s suffered so much in her life.

However, I felt like she lied and manipulated the entire episode and I find it difficult to believe anything she says. She clearly had an opioid issue. She clearly wasn’t staying on her diet. She clearly manipulated everyone in her house to enable her. I hate being so jaded, but she seemed so disingenuous as a person that I can’t fully trust any of it.

I am getting fatigued by the drama so many of these people bring to the show. The hysterics at the hospital that turned out to be...constipation. Okay. Look, I had a massive surgery years ago and was on heavy opioids for a couple months. That’s an issue and it’s miserable - but the crying and carrying on was unnecessary. It hurts, it’s uncomfortable and truthfully- it’s a bit scary. But jeez. Seriously?

Perhaps it is massive psychological/emotional stunting due to such a shit childhood and never dealing with it as an adult? /shrug

I wish her well and was happy to at least see she has people in her life that truly care about her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 3/19/2020 at 8:31 AM, Jeeves said:

I found a Facebook page for discussing M600PL. Posts there say that quite recently Colesia's health has taken a bad turn; she's still hospitalized, out of a coma but sedated. As of late February Colesia was posting on her own FB page so this must have been fairly recent. I won't repost the images her daughter took of her in the hospital, but here's the image of what her niece said I think last night.

colesiafb.thumb.jpg.922848e0d35dc2c692ed292014c895e2.jpg

If her sutures popped it was caused by over eating I bet..

• Love 4

I just started watching it on On-Demand and yeah, she seems to get around just fine so why is she using a bucket?  Lordy,  I needed eye bleach.  Odd, she was able to get into the tub sort of and all I can figure is that the toilet is made out of paper mache.  And didn't need to watch her puke.

If even half of what she related is true -- how horrific.  

As a side note, at the beginning, and it seemed to apply to not just Coliesa but all of this season -- "6 months".  Not the year.  Even more obvious that 2 hours is too long.  Maybe  just didn't notice it before.  

Edited by Otter
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Otter said:

As a side note, at the beginning, and it seemed to apply to not just Coliesa but all of this season -- "6 months".  Not the year.  Even more obvious that 2 hours is too long.  Maybe  just didn't notice it before.  

I don't think they've all been 6 months but at least one other was. Don't remember who.

• Love 1