Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Coliesa's Story

• Start Topic

The daughter also says there's a second episode "coming soon." Maybe they saved up all the hospital drama for ANOTHER two hours they'll wait to reveal until 9:57 p.m. 

Carlton and Shantel had a six month episode, but it was for both of them, so a lot more story to tell.

Lots of things don't add up about Coliesa's story.      She was posting up until 3 weeks ago, and apparently then went to the hospital, and had surgery (the original explanation was hiatus or hiatal hernia, plus gastric sleeve), very recently.     I wonder if she had the gastric surgery redone, and the hernia repair in just in the last three weeks?        It's simply impossible for the production team to shoot, and process, plus voice overs with the poundticipant included, in a month.   Especially since the voice overs were by Coliesa.  

Another factor is she was still smoking, until she claimed to quit about a month ago.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
On 3/19/2020 at 11:33 PM, nytonc said:

I think every apartment complex in the vicinity of Dr Now’s Office must’ve have a fat person walking around in circles in the courtyard. 

Off topic, but I was in Houston a couple of weeks ago, and before I left town I decided to go by Dr. Now’s office and peek in.  The interior of the office looks a lot smaller in person than on TV.  The surrounding area is very upscale, and there’s probably not many apartments around there.  But still funny to think about!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Anduril said:

I hate the way she talks.  Her kid asking "mama ask where her pills is" or something to that effect nearly broke my mind.  I HATE hearing people talk like that.  

Whatever the exact line was, I remember when it happened I felt physically injured. 😕

Edited by NeitherSparky
That’s not the emoji I wanted
  • Love 2

Wow. That was... unsatisfying. I feel like there were a lot of red flags shown that never ended up surfacing or resolving. 

They want me to believe that Coliesa’s meltdown over leaving her opioids behind was not indicative of some sort of dependence. Yet no complaints after three weeks in the hospital pre or post surgery? Weird. Very weird.

• Love 2
On 3/19/2020 at 4:26 PM, ShortyMac said:

From this morning, from her niece.

my600lb life blair niece coliesa.png

I’m a dingus and didn’t read before posting.

That’s terrible, and probably explains why this episode feels so disjointed and fairly drama-free in spite of a lot red flag behaviors. Don’t speak ill of the nearly dead and those who’s family may be about to sue you. Bad for PR. Hope she pulls through. The woman has had it terribly rough, manipulative though she is. I don’t wish this fate on her.

• Love 2

I may have to wait and just speed through to the bonus scenes. Her story about the dad taking her to the great uncle to be taught a lesson...nope...not gonna do it. Plus she was beyond over the top in Dr. Now's office. 

• Love 1

So, Coliesa Supersized.

First bonus scene:  Coliesa insisting they need to stop for more food, then gorging herself on multiple fast food meals.  The driver (sister? friend?  I don't remember) is feeling like vomiting with all the smells and sounds of the Coliesa-saurus feeding so they're fighting about it.  Of course she NEEDS to eat because that's the only way to get to Houston!

Second bonus scene:  After she visits Dr. Now to say she can't go to the bathroom he sends her to the hospital.  She insists to her sister that they need to get food first before she goes there so she sends the sister in to get Chinese buffet to-go plates to eat on the way over.  She is still eating them, and complaining about the food making her feel worse, when they pull up at the hospital while her poor sister is trying to get the wheelchair out of the back.  All the while she spouts platitudes about trying to get her life on track.  Ugh.  

I don't recommend watching it.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ThereButFor said:

So, Coliesa Supersized.

First bonus scene:  Coliesa insisting they need to stop for more food, then gorging herself on multiple fast food meals.  The driver (sister? friend?  I don't remember) is feeling like vomiting with all the smells and sounds of the Coliesa-saurus feeding so they're fighting about it.  Of course she NEEDS to eat because that's the only way to get to Houston!

Second bonus scene:  After she visits Dr. Now to say she can't go to the bathroom he sends her to the hospital.  She insists to her sister that they need to get food first before she goes there so she sends the sister in to get Chinese buffet to-go plates to eat on the way over.  She is still eating them, and complaining about the food making her feel worse, when they pull up at the hospital while her poor sister is trying to get the wheelchair out of the back.  All the while she spouts platitudes about trying to get her life on track.  Ugh.  

I don't recommend watching it.

When I watch some of these shows I feel like I am watching some one slowly committing suicide.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

When I watch some of these shows I feel like I am watching some one slowly committing suicide.

I had that same thought reading that post. It's sad that Coliesa was hospitalized and on life support as of a few weeks ago, although reportedly she has since been conscious and communicating. But, I can't say it's a surprise. I don't want to sound cold-hearted but she was in bad health and apparently unable to change her ways so although her hospitalization is sad it's not a shock. 

• Love 2

I am confused.  Wouldn't the opioid use show up in all the blood work they draw.  Her nicotine use did.   I am not a med tech person so that is just a guess.

Not if they weren't looking for it. They might not have been if she didn't disclose using them and Dr. Now didn't suspect that she was.

Since TLC pulled her episode, do you think that they’re worried about a malpractice suit?  I’ve heard those popped stitches complications are usually from people eating solid food too soon or eating too much. 

Edited by CatherineM
  • Useful 1
On 10/4/2020 at 3:43 AM, CatherineM said:

Since TLC pulled her episode, do you think that they’re worried about a malpractice suit?  I’ve hurt those popped stitches complications are usually from people eating solid food too soon or eating too much. 

I can't believe TLC is afraid of lawsuits. I've heard their contract covers every contingency. 

Maybe they think it's bad PR to show an ep where the poundticipant died not long after? 

On 9/23/2020 at 12:09 AM, ShortyMac said:

Coliesa passed away.

Today I was trying to find out whether Amy (one of the 1000 lb sisters) had had her baby when I came across the article in Sept that reported the death of Coliesta.   I could not recall her even after looking at her picture.  I found this thread and saw I had commented, so I knew I must have seen it, but still I had no recollection of it.   Off I head to the live chat and I find myself posting, but I also found  a post where I mentioned that the satellite had been out for much of the episode.  Maybe I never bothered to watch it in repeats, because I still am having trouble remembering her.

I did come across a post by @aliya mentioning that her grandson might be named Napoleon Tesla.  I seem to recall that the grandson has been born so I wonder what he was named.

• Love 1
On 1/19/2021 at 4:21 PM, Twopper said:

Today I was trying to find out whether Amy (one of the 1000 lb sisters) had had her baby when I came across the article in Sept that reported the death of Coliesta.   I could not recall her even after looking at her picture.  I found this thread and saw I had commented, so I knew I must have seen it, but still I had no recollection of it.   Off I head to the live chat and I find myself posting, but I also found  a post where I mentioned that the satellite had been out for much of the episode.  Maybe I never bothered to watch it in repeats, because I still am having trouble remembering her.

I did come across a post by @aliya mentioning that her grandson might be named Napoleon Tesla.  I seem to recall that the grandson has been born so I wonder what he was named.

Thank goodness, my son backed off of the Napoleon thing. The baby is Alexander, which is my son's middle name and ethnically correct with our last name. I won't  give Alexander's actual middle name because the internet is forever, just that he was named after my DIL's grandfather. I really lobbied for Tesla as my son and I are both big fans and thought my son was weird enough to do it, but I guess the DIL was convincing. : ) 

• Love 1