Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Coliesa's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, aliya said:

Yeah. I learned when I was first diagnosed as diabetic to leave that stuff alone. It's not the answer to a sweet tooth. You're better off with a little of the real stuff or none at all.

My doctor calls artificial sweeteners "the devil's food." Diet soft drinks are especially bad.

• Love 3
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

I can't understand a fucking word Dr Now is saying tonight. What did he say they diagnosed her with? And HOW was it diagnosed?

He said she had a partial bowel obstruction due to "other sugeries". Makes no sense.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Dh was having severe lower back pain last year. He went to urgent care and they did and ultrasound and told him he was full of shit, literally. I've been having the best time with that ever since. They told him to use Mirlax and he was fine the next day but the bathroom had to be fumigated. 

Long ago I went on one of those diets like Nutrisystem where you eat the food you buy from them, and lost about 20 pounds. Then a week or so after that diet was over I ended up in the ER on a Sunday night with horrible back pain. Annnd . . .  yep. I was examined and x-rayed and declared to be full. of. shit. I think the change of diet without my paying attention to fiber, enough water, etc., just stopped things up. I was okay after a little laxative action. Heh. I still remember that I have officially and medically been confirmed to be full of shit. At least, on one occasion. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

I can't understand a fucking word Dr Now is saying tonight. What did he say they diagnosed her with? And HOW was it diagnosed?

Intestinal blockage from scar tissue from a C-section? Due to my hearing loss, I have captions on so I can see Dr. Now's mangled English.

• Love 4
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

Partial bowel obstruction due to scar tissue.  Medication cleared her up.......

She's BS'ing Dr. Now again.....wish he would just send her home and be done with her.

OK, at least he's going to admit her to the hospital to make sure she sticks to a diet. How much you wanna bet the kid sneaks food for her.

• Love 3

Only in month five....and he's giving her weight loss surgery?

She's not going to follow the diet once she has it.  She thinks she's thrown up before?  Wait until she tries stuffing herself following the surgery....

I'm thinking she's not going to make it through her surgery....it's only 5 months...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I ONLY STEPPED AWAY FOR FIVE MINUTES. WTF. I AM SO CONFUSED. 

It’s to “save her life”.  I don’t think she will be successful in the long run without a LOT of therapy since she’s been cheating all the way along.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

So she gets her surgery without doing the work.  I don’t see long term success here.

We have a family friend who got the sleeve surgery and she only lost about 20 pounds, then gained it back quick, plus about 50 more pounds! That was about 5 yrs. ago.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

She can use the dumpster out by the loading dock.

At last, we have this evening's Gasoline Soaked Drawers award (veteran) winner @Giant Misfit! What did you win? You get your own monogrammed gold plated dumpster, a "Supersized" case of ripple potato chips and a two week supply of jars of dip in case you have to shelter in place!😁

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Effing Autocorrect! I said "jars" not "mars!"
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Who can drink 20 gallons of milk? Do.people not realize milk expires?

You can freeze it. 

I've had trouble finding lactose-free milk because it has a much longer best-before date than regular milk. The husband and cat who have to deal with my epic nuclear farts would like to thank those people who bought it all. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

So she lost 50 pounds in three weeks in the hospital? Amazing how that works, ain't it?

Maybe her poop weighed a lot. 

1 minute ago, ThereButFor said:

It’s to “save her life”.

I wonder if she's a ticking time bomb who needs surgery fast. I don't know. I'm not doctor, and I don't play one on TV.

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm in Massachusetts, everything is shut down. Its getting alarming. I'm working from home.  I work at MIT, they're closing the campus. Even the labs are closing. Scary.

It's crazy. The whole world has been flipped onto its head. My sons were freaking out and asking me for advice and I told them that it's all new to me too. Two of them have lost their incomes. I will hunker down for however long it takes. As long as my cats have food and litter, we're good.

Definitely scary times for all. It's good to have a safe haven here on PT. Stay safe, Pepper!

• Love 6
Just now, Callaphera said:

I've had trouble finding lactose-free milk because it has a much longer best-before date than regular milk. The husband and cat who have to deal with my epic nuclear farts would like to thank those people who bought it all. 

Take a couple of lactaid pills, grind them up, put them in the regular milk, give it a few good shakes, and let it sit in the fridge at least overnight. Works a treat. I have zero lactose tolerance and it works for me.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

Watching these shows and others that are so common nowadays, I sure do appreciate my loving hard working parents and what they did to raise us 4 kids.

BTW what the hell are those daughters wearing?  Stripper leggings?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Technically, milk can be frozen.  However, I'm going to guess she is either buying it for a shelter or restaurant, or she's going to sell it on the Black Market.  🙂

What I want to know is why the woman behind her has so many jars of what looks like face cream.  

Why is Coelisa getting surgery?  This episode is so oddly edited.

• Love 3

I wonder if Dr. Now's mumbling is caused by dental work.  When my dad got dentures his first pair didn't fit well and he mumbled some.  He either got them fixed or got a new pair and suddenly he stopped mumbling.  We first thought he had a stroke and he said it was the teeth.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

It can be frozen.  I bought an extra one today, but we buy organic which lasts longer.  Maybe it is to barter for toilet paper. 

3 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

It’s to “save her life”.  I don’t think she will be successful in the long run without a LOT of therapy since she’s been cheating all the way along.

Probably not.  I don't think the bowel blockage will be a wake-up call especially if the heart attack wasn't. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, snarkish said:

We'd look adorable next to each other...my inseam is, no joke, like 26 inches. I am 4'10" on a good day.  Capri are the only pants I don't have to hem. 

One of my former college roommates is 6 feet tall and another is 5 feet tall. The rest of us in our little group are in the 5'3"-5'7"ish range. Our two outliers were amusing standing next to each other.

Just now, Snarkastikate said:

Stripper leggings? 

They look like those nasty Luluroe (or however it's spelled)/multi-level-marketing scam leggings.