Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Dragilicious

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

This is an episode thread.  Conversations should be about the episode which happens in episode time.  Please take real time discussions to the appropriate threads.

• Start Topic

It's the week of the drag show! Jazz writes an original song, but her perfectionism causes her terrible anxiety. Jack finds out being a woman can be a real drag. Sander meets his inner Sandra. Greg and Jeanette take their first steps towards a new home.

Is everybody ready for the world's worst drag show?  Is anyone else thinking that since Noelle is uncomfortable with the misogyny that can be perpetuated by some drag performers having Jazz's family members make fools of themselves clunking around in heels may not be the best choice?  

Original air date 2020.03.03

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Grandpa Jack has a brown spot on his forehead that looks suspicious. I hope he has a doctor look at it. And seeing him clomp around in heels is exactly what Noelle's reasons for not liking drag are. 

• Love 5
Just now, Quilty said:

Why did she go hide in a closet? Extremely immature behavior. 

Really? 🤔  As someone with anxiety disorder, I really felt for Jazz's nervousness and breakdown. 

• Love 6

This episode really cut to the heart of the issue of Jazz being ill-prepared to take on Harvard. If she can't handle a low-pressure situation like songwriting with her friend without fleeing the room to cry, then there's no way she's ready for a Harvard classroom. She's obviously overwhelmed and frustrated by her anxieties to such an extent that even Greg and Jeanette have to admit there's a problem, and I wish they'd push her to seek help. I know Jazz has previously been reluctant to see a therapist, but I really feel it would do wonders in teaching her coping strategies so her anxiety is at a manageable level. Closing herself off and pretending the issue isn't there is not sustainable.

I also tend to believe that Jazz's anxiety is compounded right now not just because of the expectation of greatness at Harvard that's been forced on her, but because of her fame in general. Having such a highly visible profile allowing the world to scrutinize her every action has to contribute to Jazz getting trapped in her head, wondering if she's saying or doing the right thing. I honestly feel like it's probably past time for her to step back from the show. Getting out of the mindset that sharing her story is pivotal and compulsory would likely be beneficial to her overall mental health.

• Love 20

Noel obviously had issues with the drag show, but I guess she was desperate to get the funds.

I’m not sure what to make of all the drama with Jazz. I’m not convinced it’s genuine. I’ve suffered anxiety attacks myself and I have multiple family members who suffer with anxiety disorders.  What she demonstrates is odd to me. I wonder if it isn’t something else.

• Love 5

I thought Jazz was amazing walking the runway. The bracelet thing? Who cares? She killed it.  Girl needs to get out of her head.  

Are those panic attacks Jazz is having when she has to leave the room?  I don’t really know how they manifest.

Jazz:  My mind is fucking blown away (talking head about Peppermint showing up).

Camera crew: 🤣🤣🤣🤣

(I like those unscripted moments that make everyone laugh).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure what to make of all the drama with Jazz. I’m not convinced it’s genuine. I’ve suffered anxiety attacks myself and I have multiple family members who suffer with anxiety disorders.  What she demonstrates is odd to me. I wonder if it isn’t something else.

The attack that sent me to the ER and, after those docs ruled out a heart attack and stroke, resulted in several follow-up cardiology tests to make sure there wasn't something else/other wrong than the presumptive rule-out diagnosis of an anxiety attack - an acute, more-severe manifestation of a chronic condition they said I didn't realize I had - bore only a little resemblance to those I know with anxiety, and didn't even fully fit into the same box of anyone I found sharing about her/his condition on the internet. 

As a result, I wasted years forgoing treatment (and thus getting worse), thinking it must be something else, before my periodic attacks and everyday condition settled into something more in line with the "norm".  By that time, it also became clear I'd developed chronic depression.  Yeah, I have anxiety and depression that by now pretty closely resembles that of others in the same boat.  But I also had it back then when my symptoms/manifestation in some ways mirrored the typical patient and in several more ways were "Hm, really? Interesting; there's a lot we still don't understand about these disorders" different to my doctors.

• Love 5

I think anyone who is on reality TV needs therapy to cope with the notoriety add on to that all of Jazz's other issues and IMHO its a major failing of TLC to still put her on the air without having a good therapist who she sees regularly. I don't know if they offered it to her and she declined and frankly I don't care, they should not have continued this series if Jazz would not agree to go to therapy.

I think that they are doing a disservice to trans teens by showing surgeries but not the importance of therapy. If I can imagine lots of arguments "well Jazz and Jojo don't get therapy".

I found it really uncomfortable to watch Jazz struggling with anxiety and Jennelle and Greg essentially be like "you should do something about that". I don't understand how Jennelle can be so concerned about Jazz being trans and what that can do to her mental health and so apathetic about anxiety.

• Love 9
(edited)

I like Noelle and I agree with her objections to drag. She’s an easier person to watch onscreen, but I guess not dramatic or clownish enough to merit her own spinoff. 

If Jazz had felt like her parents would be just as proud of her for going to Pomona, I wonder how this all would’ve turned out. She might have actually started there this fall. Harvard is great, of course, but most accredited colleges and universities are pretty great, too. The one that has the major and environment you’re looking for is the right choice, not the one “in Boston. Well, just outside of Boston.”

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • Love 5

I hope they are paying Michaela well for appearing.  Girl is being used.

2 hours ago, maggiegil said:

I don't understand how Jennelle can be so concerned about Jazz being trans and what that can do to her mental health and so apathetic about anxiety.

Because, Jazz being trans gets Jeanette attention and celebrity. Jazz being anxious, does not.  Very simple really.

• Love 6

I get that Jazz has anxiety, but her own mother doesn't seem to give a shit about it, so why should the viewers? Honestly. They made this week's big cliffhanger "oh no, Jazz's bracelet broke during the drag show and she is emotionally devastated by it." It comes across more as narcissism than anxiety. Meanwhile Greg and Jeanette are just like "yeah, Jazz has terrible coping skills for her anxiety," maybe if you idiots had made her do real therapy she would be better off, instead of stoking her anxiety by forcing her to go to the most competitive university in the world.

• Love 17
14 hours ago, Bastet said:

The attack that sent me to the ER and, after those docs ruled out a heart attack and stroke, resulted in several follow-up cardiology tests to make sure there wasn't something else/other wrong than the presumptive rule-out diagnosis of an anxiety attack - an acute, more-severe manifestation of a chronic condition they said I didn't realize I had - bore only a little resemblance to those I know with anxiety, and didn't even fully fit into the same box of anyone I found sharing about her/his condition on the internet. 

As a result, I wasted years forgoing treatment (and thus getting worse), thinking it must be something else, before my periodic attacks and everyday condition settled into something more in line with the "norm".  By that time, it also became clear I'd developed chronic depression.  Yeah, I have anxiety and depression that by now pretty closely resembles that of others in the same boat.  But I also had it back then when my symptoms/manifestation in some ways mirrored the typical patient and in several more ways were "Hm, really? Interesting; there's a lot we still don't understand about these disorders" different to my doctors.

I had a similar experience.  Anxiety attack put me in ER with major testing to see why I was dying, cause, I knew I was.  Then, extensive tests to rule out other causes, cardio, stress tests, etc.  before my diagnosis. I was quick to accept it and immediately read everything I could get my hands on, went to counselor, had backup medication, etc.  Just knowing what it was was the best treatment. It went away, years ago, but, I'm still aware it could return and talk to myself when I think I'm near a relapse.  

I've just never observed anyone who presents with anxiety the way Jazz does on the show.  Maybe, she has it, but, they are staging it for the show.  It's like it something goes wrong, she says it's anxiety and everyone is now on notice, so they have to adhere to her requests and stop talking, change subject or whatever she needs to get better.  I've just never heard of anxiety working that way.  To me, that's manipulation.  Also, perhaps, a reason to not go to Harvard. If she has a medical condition that prevents her from going, then she doesn't have to tell mom and dad that she chooses another school.  Just my take on it.  And, I do like Jazz.  I do have issues and questions about her behavior. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

I get that Jazz has anxiety, but her own mother doesn't seem to give a shit about it, so why should the viewers? Honestly. They made this week's big cliffhanger "oh no, Jazz's bracelet broke during the drag show and she is emotionally devastated by it." It comes across more as narcissism than anxiety. Meanwhile Greg and Jeanette are just like "yeah, Jazz has terrible coping skills for her anxiety," maybe if you idiots had made her do real therapy she would be better off, instead of stoking her anxiety by forcing her to go to the most competitive university in the world.

^This^

59 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've just never observed anyone who presents with anxiety the way Jazz does on the show.  Maybe, she has it, but, they are staging it for the show.  It's like it something goes wrong, she says it's anxiety and everyone is now on notice, so they have to adhere to her requests and stop talking, change subject or whatever she needs to get better.  I've just never heard of anxiety working that way.  To me, that's manipulation.  Also, perhaps, a reason to not go to Harvard. If she has a medical condition that prevents her from going, then she doesn't have to tell mom and dad that she chooses another school.  Just my take on it.  And, I do like Jazz.  I do have issues and questions about her behavior. 

^And This^

I too, have dealt with anxiety and know how scary it can be. And you better believe I got myself a great therapist STAT because I didn't want to have to take meds if it wasn't entirely necessary. It's been a hard journey and a LOT of work, but I'm pretty good right now. And I also don't see what Jazz and her family call 'anxiety' as what I recognize as 'anxiety'. She comes across as a self-indulgent child who was never told NO, and whose overly permissive mother allowed her to get out of doing things she didn't want to do by claiming she felt anxious.  Oh dear me, better not make Jazz do something she doesn't want to do because it'll make her anxious... The song was a perfect example. She thinks she's a song writer/singer now? Really? All of a sudden? Then she realizes how she's really not that good and the song needs a shit ton of work because, yanno, she's not a singer/songwriter, but hey, let's waste two people's time who've volunteered to carry your ass over the line once again, and then you cop out at the last minute?! Seriously, if I was that lady songwriter I'd smile and be nice, but I'd have left afterward never to work with her again. Oh, and Jazz honey, you absolutely DID use Michaela. What you did was the very definition of 'using' someone.

Another example is how Jazz expects everyone else to bail her out and make the drag show event a success. She gets these hair brained ideas and then expects everyone around her to make it happen while she lays around in bed 'napitating' and binge eating in her car. If this kid isn't a walking poster child for someone desperately in need of therapy I don't know what is. She cries in a closet because she cannot remember her own song? She runs away into the alley when a bracelet breaks? Who gives a shit about that crappy bracelet? Nobody, that's who. She says she's hard on herself because her parents expect her to finish what she starts, and she rarely does. That? Was the most honest she's ever been on this show. And that is her biggest issue and probably why she'll never go to Harvard. She knows deep down that she's full of shit and never finishes things, and she'll get called out on her shit at Harvard. The thing is, I think she'd get called out on that no matter where she went to school.

• Love 17

The common experience for transgender folks is to participate in therapy.  The show has done a great disservice in the way they have presented things.  From other sources Jazz has done therapy off and on through her life.  Doctors did not provide hormone blockers nor did they sign off on surgery with her being evaluated.  The show makes it look like it was a casual thing rather than a longer process.  JoJo likely has also done and may still be in therapy.  She is on blockers. Again, there is an approval process for that.

The show is so focused on surgeries it has become ridiculous.  The remainder of these folks experiences is tossed aside.  a good therapist will not say come on down and start filming so TV doesn't want to see it.  I do think they are playing up Jazz's "anxiety" for a storyline.  Again, they are doing a disservice to people with real issues.  Showing her as someone who thinks everything can get thrown together with little effort (typically so it can be filmed) then falls apart when it doesn't work makes her look immature and selfish. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Anxiety attack put me in ER with major testing to see why I was dying, cause, I knew I was. 

Yep, I've told my boss that anxiety attacks are like dying a couple of times a year.  Lexapro has been a godsend for me. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The common experience for transgender folks is to participate in therapy.  The show has done a great disservice in the way they have presented things.  From other sources Jazz has done therapy off and on through her life.  Doctors did not provide hormone blockers nor did they sign off on surgery with her being evaluated.  The show makes it look like it was a casual thing rather than a longer process.  JoJo likely has also done and may still be in therapy.  She is on blockers. Again, there is an approval process for that.

The show is so focused on surgeries it has become ridiculous.  The remainder of these folks experiences is tossed aside.  a good therapist will not say come on down and start filming so TV doesn't want to see it.  I do think they are playing up Jazz's "anxiety" for a storyline.  Again, they are doing a disservice to people with real issues.  Showing her as someone who thinks everything can get thrown together with little effort (typically so it can be filmed) then falls apart when it doesn't work makes her look immature and selfish. 

I wonder if The Loser Channel told them to concoct some therapy sessions for the show, and that's why they pulled in Cousin Debbie, and the therapist who saw Jazz as a very young child? I hadn't thought about that until now. But then, if she was indeed currently in real therapy and the therapist was legit and not a famewhore, perhaps they refused to be on camera? That said, that doesn't explain why Jazz and her parents wouldn't just say during the course of the show that she was indeed in therapy. She's said many times during this show, that she doesn't believe/like talk therapy, so I'm doubting she's in therapy now, or during the tenure of this show, with the exception of the bullshit 'sessions' with Cousin Debbie and Baby Therapist lady.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

The song was a perfect example. She thinks she's a song writer/singer now? Really? All of a sudden? Then she realizes how she's really not that good and the song needs a shit ton of work because, yanno, she's not a singer/songwriter, but hey, let's waste two people's time who've volunteered to carry your ass over the line once again, and then you cop out at the last minute?! Seriously, if I was that lady songwriter I'd smile and be nice, but I'd have left afterward never to work with her again. Oh, and Jazz honey, you absolutely DID use Michaela. What you did was the very definition of 'using' someone.

Does Jazz think all she has to do is say the sky isn't blue and we all have to believe that? It sounds like she's the one who dropped this girl because she didn't want to give her credit for the other song, then she brings her back in and sits there BSing her about making amends because she felt bad about their falling out. And then, oh yeah, could you help me with another song? I know it looks like I'm using you, BUT I'M NOT, I just need your help! That girl was too polite. And who knows how much work she and the musician friend put into, but Jazz doesn't tell her it was all for nothing until the day of the show?! I would be so pissed.

Also, where did this final production come from? We haven't seen Jazz accomplish anything as far as putting this thing together, and then all of a sudden they have a club venue, a bunch of professional looking drag queens and makeup artists, and trunks full of glittery dresses and huge outlandish wigs. Who actually organized this thing? It's like what they spent the whole show talking about and the final result were two different things.

And finally - Jazz and her mother and sister being in drag - I'm pretty sure they should have been dressed as men ... 

Edited by Teri313
  • Love 9
(edited)

BTW, they showed Jazz and her 'friends' outside Lips, which is a nationwide drag show restaurant/review chain. The FL location is in Ft. Lauderdale, so she must live nearby that location. The whole 'oh woe is me, how ever will I pull off this drag show event' was So.Much.Bullshit. Because she had it at Lips, and I'm sure they were helping to organize the whole thing so she was never having to do much of anything at all, except learn her song and practice how to walk the cat walk. We know what happened to the song...Does anyone think she bothered to practice her walk with that bracelet? Yeah, me neither. Who knows, they might have had another legit performers that didn't want to be on the show. It's even on their home page so, yeah, TLC is full of shit, and so is this show.

Lips Drag Show FL

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Quilty said:

I guess I don't understand drag. So Jazz and her mom were dressed as men dressed as women? Not trying to be a smartass. Just asking.

Your post reminded me of "Victor/Victoria".  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Quilty said:

I guess I don't understand drag. So Jazz and her mom were dressed as men dressed as women? Not trying to be a smartass. Just asking.

Yeah, that's basically what I was asking too.

"Drag: The activity of dressing in clothes of the opposite sex, especially of a man dressing in women's clothes, often for humorous entertainment."

So I didn't really understand why Jazz, her sister, and Jeanette were performing as drag queens. I guess to be part of the show, but they are females, so... And I don't count Jackie, since I think she was actually in character as herself.

Edited by Teri313
  • Love 7
(edited)

RuPaul's Drag U dragged up female relatives  of real drag queens as well as unrelated "real women. " So, it is a thing that's apparently accepted in the drag community. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Not sure why my quote won't close properly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Was Ari there? I know Sander was and in drag, but I don't remember Ari even being there. 

ETA... Sander did make a good drag queen, but it was not cute when he started rolling round on the ground. And I think the emcee was offended by that little bit. She seemed a bit confused and put off while she was trying to finish Sander's bit. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Quilty said:

Drag is actually an art form that anyone can do.  One’s personal gender identity or biological sex at birth isn’t really a factor when it comes to drag.  Most important is your charisma, confidence, costuming, make-up, entertainment ability and your gimmick/message.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Grandpa Jack looked better in that black dress than Jeanette did.

Jeanette:  You know how they tell you to get rid of anything you haven't worn in 5 years?  I don't do that.

Everybody:  Yeah, we know...

and

Jazz: I haven't talked to Michaela in a year and a half, but I can call her and see if she knows someone to help me with my song

Also Jazz:  I don't want you to think that I just called you to help me with my song

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

I get where Noel is coming from on this. Maybe, I don’t fully understand drag, but it seems to be making fun at something that applies to their sexual persona. It just seems to be old school comedy and not entertainment that supports healthy views of gender.  It seems rather outdated to me and I’m surprised that it’s still so popular. But, it still seems to have the support of many in the LGBTQ communities. I wonder how Jazz came up with idea for using it as a fund raiser. I would have thought bake sale, raffle, etc.  It sure was profitable. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

LGBTQ communities. I wonder how Jazz came up with idea for using it as a fund raiser. I would have thought bake sale, raffle, etc.  It sure was profitable. 

I don't think it was her idea.  I think either LIPS came up with it to get nationwide publicity for itself (and secondly to help Noelle) or it was Peppermint's idea (perhaps after a suggestion from TLC).  I am very cynical about it being an original idea with Jazz that she orchestrated from start to finish.  Doesn't seem to fit with her personality and organizational skill as seen on this show previously.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:22 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

If Jazz had felt like her parents would be just as proud of her for going to Pomona, I wonder how this all would’ve turned out. She might have actually started there this fall. Harvard is great, of course, but most accredited colleges and universities are pretty great, too. The one that has the major and environment you’re looking for is the right choice, not the one “in Boston. Well, just outside of Boston.”

I guess I am really not surprised at Greg for not standing up for Jazz on her original college choice of Pomona, but it makes me sad that he didn't.  And angry. She has enough issues as it is without feeling like a failure for not selecting Harvard.  But as someone  mentioned, it might be that Harvard was chosen as it has a better support system for trans students.  If that was the reason in addition to Harvard's reputation, I wish they had just said that on the show.  It would have made the Harvard choice make a little more sense.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I guess I am really not surprised at Greg for not standing up for Jazz on her original college choice of Pomona, but it makes me sad that he didn't.  And angry. She has enough issues as it is without feeling like a failure for not selecting Harvard.  But as someone  mentioned, it might be that Harvard was chosen as it has a better support system for trans students.  If that was the reason in addition to Harvard's reputation, I wish they had just said that on the show.  It would have made the Harvard choice make a little more sense.

IMO, this is all about Jeanette's ego and wanting to be able to brag about her kid going to Harvard. If it was about trans anything, she would have been the first to say it, but she didn't. Nope, this is all about Jeanette.

• Love 14
(edited)
On 3/3/2020 at 10:26 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Noel obviously had issues with the drag show, but I guess she was desperate to get the funds.

Maybe she's 'reenacting' real ones for the camera some of the time, I don't know- and not defending the way her family deals with it, because I don't think it's very responsible all the time. But I have to say, as someone with OCD and an anxiety disorder, my panic attacks manifest in the way Jazz's seem to. The sudden onset, the overwhelming need to 'escape.' It's actually hard for me to watch the show because I feel like I can see her skin pulsing and crawling through the screen. 

Yes, I've hidden in bathrooms and stolen away to closets because of something as minuscule as a mild disagreement or a 2-minute speech I had to give to 8 other people in a class. That's mostly subsided now, but it was REALLY bad when I was 15-23.

I don't think the life Jeanette seems to have at least partly pushed on her matches up well with that. But I do very much understand it. I've been so scared of an exam three weeks in advance that I considered dropping out of school, or so nervous about singing at church a month beforehand that I was miserable for the full month. 

That's partly why I think it's so messed up that at least her mom is somewhat of a fame whore.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Useful 2
(edited)
On 3/4/2020 at 9:01 PM, Quilty said:

They are called "divas" and they are actually quite common in drag. I had two close friends in the LGBT community in California who both traveled around doing performances as "divas." Both were cisgender women. It's basically a very exaggerated form of drag in which the woman takes on a hyperfeminine persona, sometimes an impersonation of Barbra Streisand or another icon and sometimes their own invented persona. It's similar to burlesque/vaudeville. 

Edit to add: Sometimes they're called 'faux queens.' They have a long history. Here's more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faux_queen

Edited by Lm2162
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

They are called "divas" and they are actually quite common in drag. I had two close friends in the LGBT community in California who both traveled around doing performances as "divas." Both were cisgender women. It's basically a very exaggerated form of drag in which the woman takes on a hyperfeminine persona, sometimes an impersonation of Barbra Streisand or another icon and sometimes their own invented persona. It's similar to burlesque/vaudeville. 

Edit to add: Sometimes they're called 'faux queens.' They have a long history. Here's more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faux_queen

Interesting.  I guess this form of entertainment just isn't my thing, although, it seemed as if most of those in attendance really had a great time. Anytime, I see seniors really getting excited about performing, it's nice though. 

(edited)
10 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Have watched this show since S1. Seems like Jazz is truly spiraling and needs therapy now. Her family and TLC are complicit if they continue filming her now. Shame on all of them.

I am very surprised they don't have her in therapy. It's really weird that they don't. I would think that would be #1 on their list. She clearly has serious, ongoing mental health issues. I can't imagine if mine had 1) been filmed for a national audience, and 2) I, meanwhile, wasn't getting ANY treatment for them whatsoever. If you're not going to push her to treatment, then at least don't film her; if you're going to film her, at least push her to go to treatment. 

The binge eating disorder in particular needs serious clinical attention. Eating disorders are some of the most deadly mental illnesses, and having one puts you at a huge risk of developing another alongside it or in place of it, like bulimia.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 3/4/2020 at 9:01 PM, Quilty said:

I've been to drag shows. It was decades ago but it was men dressed as women. You would occasionally have a woman dressed as a man. And the men were over the top dressed as women, big boobs, big hair, lots of makeup etc. This show had men dressed as women with no breasts (grandpa) looking like a half assed halloween version. And Jazz and her  mother in drag? That is not the definition of drag. The whole runway show I was WTF is this shit?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, msrachelj said:

I've been to drag shows. It was decades ago but it was men dressed as women. You would occasionally have a woman dressed as a man. And the men were over the top dressed as women, big boobs, big hair, lots of makeup etc. This show had men dressed as women with no breasts (grandpa) looking like a half assed halloween version. And Jazz and her  mother in drag? That is not the definition of drag. The whole runway show I was WTF is this shit?

Drag shows do tend to include more of an eclectic mix now of gender-bending, elements of burlesque, even circus-type stuff and individual singing or variety-show acts now, like magicians. I've also been to burlesque shows recently that incorporated drag. There's a lot of crossover. 

But as for the rest, yeah, I agree. I could understand Jazz because she would probably experience a LOT of dysphoria if she dressed as a man, but the whole thing really didn't take drag very seriously. It's supposed to be fun but it was pretty dumb, drag performers practice a lot and it's an art form even if it's campy. Sander doing pushups or whatever the hell he was doing (he seems like a good guy but come on), the lack of preparation on everyone's part. It seemed like they were just sort of half-assing stuff and riding on the show and Jazz's popularity to make money. Nobody except Peppermint and the host seemed to have any real respect for drag. 

• Love 5

If I were in the audience and expected a good drag show, I would have been very disappointed with the IAJ portions of the show.  I would hope there were other performers we weren't shown because seeing people awkwardly clod around the stage is not amusing.  It reminded my of Sonja on RHONY with her "caberlesque", just an unprepared person who clearly put in little to no effort.

I am not a big drag fan.  However, I have seen excellent performers.  Jazz and her family were not. They only added to Noelle's concerns. 

Also, her bracelet broke - quelle horror!!!!!   How will anyone ever recover.  I once did a Melba Moore.  The top of my outfit fell down while on stage completely exposing my breasts.  I kept going, turned around and flipped it back up.  My wardrobe malfunction made my performance illegal for the venue (and, as the club owner said, he was surprised that the light reflecting off of my breasts didn't cause a pile up on the freeway overpass).  Hers was nothing.  Take the bracelet off or ball it up in your hand if you can't.  

All right, clearly I am in no mood for dramahz. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I would have been very disappointed with the IAJ portions of the show.

The only online reference to "IAJ" is "International Association of Judges." How on EARTH does that coincide with the trans or drag community, now? Or are we just making stuff up?

1 hour ago, Ucross said:

The only online reference to "IAJ" is "International Association of Judges." How on EARTH does that coincide with the trans or drag community, now? Or are we just making stuff up?

I Am Jazz. Pretty simple, I thought.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1