Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Super Heavyweight Ladies

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

So she is moving on from Jessica after she was the reason Twit finish in the last contest!? What a biatch!!

Don't read the spoiler below if you have not kept up with Twit's wgt-lifting adventures on SM & don't want to know.

Spoiler

Twi attended a specialized wgt-lifting gym as a prelude to her entering contests. On at least one occasion, shown on IG, Jess accompanied her & shouted "good job," as usual, no matter how bad her form was. Sorry, I don't recall the name of the gym owner who's doing the actual coaching.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Since I don't watch the weight training parts I should be able to get through this episode very quickly.  I'm kind of looking forward to all the assholery as Glenn moves us along "The Road to the Ring" by asking Chase about an engagement 😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Great between skipping over Buddy and the weightlifting, if I watch this week,  the episode will probably only be about 7 minutes long.

You'll probably watching the commercials and nothing else.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Great between skipping over Buddy and the weightlifting, if I watch this week,  the episode will probably only be about 7 minutes long.

She could lift Buddy, and slam him down.

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, Snarkastikate said:

She wants to tell Chase she's loves him???   Huh??   Isn't that like something you struggle to say after maybe 10 dates??  Aren't they supposedly "engaged"?  What bullshit. 

In REAL time, yes, they are supposedly engaged. In REALITY time, however, they have not yet made it to Paris where the proposal supposedly took place.

Took much use of the adverb "supposedly"? Not when discussing this Grand Romance.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I don't think it's a spoiler just to say that the coaches Jessica is "introducing" Whitney to in the coming attractions for this episode are Sean M. Rigsby and Tayler Harris. But I will mark as a spoiler what I think that may mean for this episode.

Spoiler

LINK to Sean's credentials. While Sean may have been vetted to be suitably admiring of Whitney's potential, I don't think he's going to be Jessica-like in his assessment of her actual ability. He's a serious athlete with an international reputation to uphold. So I am hopeful that the weightlifting portion of this episode will be more amusing than the crossfit portions have been. Although I have certainly been disappointed in this hope before! (Ketzel shakes her head sadly at Will Powell.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, JennMatMusic33 said:

Someone at TLC is having way too much fun coming up with the most snarktastic episode titles. I know it's supposed to pertain to her weightlifting, but come on! lol

I know, isn't it great??   And wouldn't you just love to know what the film crew thinks of Whit?   They've seen it all.  Most of it involving twerking.   I would pay to have a 15 minute conversation with one of them. 

• Love 9

The utter gall of Twit to take her Mom's things (whatever they were) and say she wants them so she is talking them. Babs should have smacked her on the behind! What an entitled brat!

Edited by Gramto6
fix auto correct
  • Love 13

Somebody who is into weightlifting please help - Should Twit be lifting at her current fitness level and weight? My nephew has his Masters in this area (forget the exact title), has client & works with a local sports team. He lifts in competitions. It would seem that you should get fit first, maybe not perfect, but lose some dang weight, then think about competitions. I'm not against her lifting, just the competition thing. I guess it's all drama for the show, but it may give some of her heavier fans the wrong idea. 

justin.jpg

• Love 4

Jessica is giving Rebecca from 90DF a run for her money in the mouth twisting department.  

Whitney is so immature. She is enthralled with these fucking “bros*” and couldn’t wait to mention her frat boy party to the barnacles. And she so wants Ryan. 

*So sick of hearing “bros” multiple times an episode. 

That was the most awkward, scripted ILY ever. I got serious second hand embarrassment. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 20

Twit has mentioned the distance between she and Chase during this episode. Now if I believed this was a real relationship, which I don’t, she should be lucky that they live so far apart.  As there would be no way he could stand her in large (pun intended) doses. But again that would be if I believed that this was real relationship and I certainly do not! It’s actually such a joke that it’s embarrassing! 

• Love 13

Does anyone think Twit will make it to an actual” competition? I  smell an injury coming. The title of this episode should be “Super-Morbidly Obese Twit”

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Whitney is so immature. She is enthralled with these fucking “bros*” and couldn’t wait to mention her frat boy party to the barnacles. And she so wants Ryan. 

*So sick of hearing “bros” multiple times an episode. 

That was the most awkward, scripted ILY ever. I got serious second hand embarrassment. 

This whole episode was extremely awkward!!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

This whole episode was extremely awkward!!

Because none of them are good enough actors to pull off their scripted lines. Seriously, at this point they should just fire Whitney and her barnacles and hire professional actors.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

OK, I don't think I'm going to make it through this episode but how exactly is Tal acting like a Golden Girl?

Because he is an old single woman living in a house in Florida serving cheesecake? Because he is literally none of those things. She is pretty much just insulting his queerness because he is throwing an adult party unlike the bro bros bro bro bro bro bros that she is an a bro with bro-ly.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, aliya said:

Somebody who is into weightlifting please help - Should Twit be lifting at her current fitness level and weight? My nephew has his Masters in this area (forget the exact title), has client & works with a local sports team. He lifts in competitions. It would seem that you should get fit first, maybe not perfect, but lose some dang weight, then think about competitions. I'm not against her lifting, just the competition thing. I guess it's all drama for the show, but it may give some of her heavier fans the wrong idea. 

justin.jpg

Hey nephew 😏😏

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nytonc said:

You know,  the more I  hear of Twit, the more I  believe that  she is  stuck in adolescence.  I think back to my own  preteens: 

(1) My parents were  STUPID. They could not do  ANYTHING  right, and I had to say this at every  opportunity.  

(2) Anything  my parents believed in,  like MANNERS, was stupid, and I would  go out of my way to do the opposite.  

(3) My manner of  dress was  intended to  show  them  they couldn't  tell  me what to  wear.  

(4) I could be  just as loud, vulgar, crude, and rude as the boys. "Well maybe I  don't  WANT to be  ladylike!"

Fortunately I  grew up. I don't think  Twit ever will. 

• Love 23

Question:  is this weight-lifting championship actually the NC state championships?  Any schlub can just show up and compete in the state championships?  I FF through the weight lifting BS so maybe someone can tell me what I missed.

Next question:  I get the idea of what "bro" means but I always thought it was like one guy saying to another "Hey bro" - when did it become an actual noun that people use repeatedly in sentences?  Or is that just the wit of Whit talking?

Interesting that she has told us that she and Chase have a "sex life" and now it's apparently progressed to "making love" (😖) yet she's always more dressed than usual right after that should have taken place.  Until Ryan comes over, then she's all topless in the bed 🙄

I liked Tal's townhouse, but I don't know what was so surprising - I remember her visiting him in that little house he lived in and I believe he had dinner for them and a fire in the fireplace, which was why I never believed he actually moved into Whitney's pigpen and thought it was all for show.  I'm willing to grudgingly agree that maybe he did it for a year if the little house was a rental and he wanted to save his rent to buy the townhouse, but that's as far as I'll budge.  

1 hour ago, John M said:

I guess this really hit a nerve because I've touched on in the past that Whit's obsession with "bro-ness" and the entitlement and hyper masculinity that goes with it and her first reaction after coming back from her "bro" party is to call her out and proud gay male, professional, young, educated "friend" an old woman for keeping a house and putting out a completely normal spread out for guests is just profoundly insulting and speaks a lot about her character.

Consider the source and don't fret, my friend!  Normal people of all stripes invite their actual friends to a housewarming party and serve coffee and dessert.  Freaky weirdos invite a bunch of strangers a decade their junior to play beer pong in their new house.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, John M said:

I just want to circle back because I feel, perhaps irrationally angry about this. I'm a very openly gay man, professionally and personally, I'm married to another man. Myself and my husband and I suspect Tal growing up in the south and not conforming to the hyper-masculine "ideals" went through a LOT OF SHIT being who we are and feeling like we finally get to live our authentic selves, it's baggage we have to deal with to this day, that we will probably take with us through our entire lives.

I guess this really hit a nerve because I've touched on in the past that Whit's obsession with "bro-ness" and the entitlement and hyper masculinity that goes with it and her first reaction after coming back from her "bro" party is to call her out and proud gay male, professional, young, educated "friend" an old woman for keeping a house and putting out a completely normal spread out for guests is just profoundly insulting and speaks a lot about her character.

Grow the fuck up Whitney, Tal is not an old woman for acting like a fucking adult, out, queer man, you are just a loser obsessed with exalting toxic masculinity. Good luck with that.

And she proceeded to drop sticky looking shit off the kabob she was eating onto Tal's sofa... She's such a freaking slob.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, aliya said:

justin.jpg

I don't know much about it but most the real heavyweight male lifters I've seen on TV were big dudes and not built like bodybuilders.

They looked more like Buddy with muscles, most of them kinda had guts too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Chase's "I love you" and then the mumbled "thisch isch the happiescht I've been in yearsch" had 350% less heart and "oomph" than him coming out and challenging Sweatney about being on the phone with Buddy.

Poor Ryan. His bro Chase is whischpering sweet nothings to Sweatney and now she's gone and gotten herself a weightlifting coach. You know he's salty about her weightlifting because he tore his rotator cuff probably due to bad form (i'm guessing Crossfit) and Sweatney is now closer to his dream than he is.

Hunter: So what's this guy's name again?
Babs: Cliff.
Glenn: It's Chase.
Babs: Well, it's gonna be Cliff today.
Sometimes, I feel like we don't deserve Babs. Then I remember she birthed and raised Sweatney and then I'm back on the train with y'all.

Chase: You know, table manners aren't my strong point.
LET ME PUT ON MY SHOCKED FACE.

Glenn: With Sweatney's last boyfriend Avi, we missed all the warning signs.
UM, YA THINK? Dude, I live over 600 miles away from you and I was being beaten to death with red flags about Avi. Jesus wept.

OK, so Sweatney went to Tal's condo, and there were pumpkins and Hallowe'en decorations on his door/entrance. She tells the barnacles that she's all stressed about saying "I love you" to Chase (and vice versa). Supposedly (and according to social media and internet articles), Sweatney and Chase went to Paris and got engaged in October. So either they said ILU and went to Paris in, like, the SAME DAMN WEEK or all of this is contrived (yes, I know the answer...). Also, the weather in Paris, on average, is 63F high and 50F low in October, and Ryan & Chase were out in summer clothes in the vineyard and Sweatney was in sandals, tank tops, and light cotton skirts in the previews. All of this is ridiculous.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, nytonc said:

Does anyone think Twit will make it to an actual” competition? I  smell an injury coming. The title of this episode should be “Super-Morbidly Obese Twit”

Or it will be a fake competition like the other ones have been.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, princelina said:

Freaky weirdos invite a bunch of strangers a decade their junior to play beer pong in their new house.

And Chase was the one who invited them.  Most people, by the time they're Whit's age. would have been bored shitless by the frat party.
Do the videos she makes with Ryan actually bring in decent money?  I can't imagine watching them, and would rather watch the Slaton sisters' (1,000 PoundSisters) video channel, where they eat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, auntjess said:

And Chase was the one who invited them.  Most people, by the time they're Whit's age. would have been bored shitless by the frat party.

AND even if she wanted to "meet his friends" you'd think she'd invite her own friends as well to her own housewarming party.  Even if it was all staged for the camera.  

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, princelina said:

AND even if she wanted to "meet his friends" you'd think she'd invite her own friends as well to her own housewarming party.  Even if it was all staged for the camera.  

Wouldn't you love to have seen Babs and Glenn drop in?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

God, I hate this woman. I’m on board with all the people who are tired of hearing the word “bro’s” coming out of Whitney’s mouth.  I love 5he way the day after the party, she flops down on her couch while watching Chase clean her house. Then after roughly 10 minutes she announces its time for her nap.  Chase, this will be your life!  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

God, I hate this woman. I’m on board with all the people who are tired of hearing the word “bro’s” coming out of Whitney’s mouth.  I love 5he way the day after the party, she flops down on her couch while watching Chase clean her house. Then after roughly 10 minutes she announces its time for her nap.  Chase, this will be your life!  

She's got a bro fetish the same way Andrea has a gangbanger fetish on Life After Lockup. It's weird.

Also, Chase and Whitney don't live together so why was the frat party, I mean housewarming party, full of HIS friends? 

• Love 7

I skipped parts again.....how was Whitney correcting Chase’s table manners? I’m assuming he kept all his clothes on and wasn’t braying while shoveling in cake, which he absolutely hates.   I only saw the part where professional athlete Whitley was clinging to the wall while going down the stairs.  I hope she borrowed Bab’s Life alert.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I skipped parts again.....how was Whitney correcting Chase’s table manners? I’m assuming he kept all his clothes on and wasn’t braying while shoveling in cake, which he absolutely hates.   I only saw the part where professional athlete Whitley was clinging to the wall while going down the stairs.  I hope she borrowed Bab’s Life alert.

My mother is 80. She has degenerative arthritis. She’s had both knees, both hips, and a shoulder replaced. She goes down stairs better than Twit. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, xls said:

WTF is she pretending so hard that she's an athlete?

gurl please.🙄

Because  she  wants to  show  that her life is  FABULOUS and she can do anything that a skinny  bitch can do.... except  ski, run/walk a 5k, shave her  own legs, wipe her  own ass......

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

I felt like slapping Twit when she was talking to her mother about being her personal trainer and "the first thing I'd have you do is stairs".   Says the personal trainer who can't walk down the stairs like a grown adult.    

I hate how they have the old group gather together and sit around and all they can talk about is Twit and her life.   No Twit,  Tal is not like a Golden Girl, he's an adult.  I thought his home and set up were very nice and I would have loved to try those desserts. 

The "I love you" scene was so stupid.  Yes Twit, Casey waited for the cameras before he could profess his love for you because he's so in love he needed it documented for eternity. 

Why does she act like a preteen who finds her parents so embarrassing when she brought Chase home?  Can't she behave like an adult?  Maybe give her mother a hand since she's so old and needs a trainer?

Ugh that's as far as I got, I had to leave for work.   Work Twit, you know that thing that regular people do everyday without taking a nap? 

• Love 18

Also, Chase and Whitney don't live together so why was the frat party, I mean housewarming party, full of HIS friends? 

If not for a possible paycheck as extras  for that episode,  perhaps to get them cast permanently as well? (I mean, we suspect that's how he got the gig.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

God, she's vile. 

She flops herself across the entire couch and expects Chase to clean up after the party. She does this often (takes up a lot of physical space) and expects others to cater to her. 

And ugh, to the way she speaks to her parents. The eye rolling, the shrill protests, the defiant nature.  How pathetic to be 35 years old and stealing stuff from your Mother's china cabinet. 

She was rude and mean to her Greensboro friends. It's all about the bros now. Which by the way, is an aggravating term. Tal has done nicely for himself, but Twit was dismissive and plain rude to him. He's not a Golden Girl. He's a young man who has maintained a job and left middle school, unlike Twit.. He's an adult. . And this is a guy she (fictitiously) wanted to adopt a child with. She's so damn fickle. Thank goodness nothing came of that story, because she'd quickly get tired of parenting and Tal would end up a single parent. 

I find the "athletic" storyline the biggest fraud of all. She traded her passion as a dancer and replaced by weight lifting. The dancing was a plausible since that was got her discovered in the first place.  She twerked her way into TLC. But a woman who barely can get down the stairs is able to lift over 200 lbs of weight above her head? Not likely. A sloth who can't clean her own house has the determination and drive to train for a competition?  No way. 

What's next TLC. Twit wants the first fat Astronaut?

• LOL 3
  • Love 18