Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Super Heavyweight Ladies

• Start Topic

On 2/25/2020 at 8:02 PM, John M said:

I just want to circle back because I feel, perhaps irrationally angry about this. I'm a very openly gay man, professionally and personally, I'm married to another man. Myself and my husband and I suspect Tal growing up in the south and not conforming to the hyper-masculine "ideals" went through a LOT OF SHIT being who we are and feeling like we finally get to live our authentic selves, it's baggage we have to deal with to this day, that we will probably take with us through our entire lives.

I guess this really hit a nerve because I've touched on in the past that Whit's obsession with "bro-ness" and the entitlement and hyper masculinity that goes with it and her first reaction after coming back from her "bro" party is to call her out and proud gay male, professional, young, educated "friend" an old woman for keeping a house and putting out a completely normal spread out for guests is just profoundly insulting and speaks a lot about her character.

Grow the fuck up Whitney, Tal is not an old woman for acting like a fucking adult, out, queer man, you are just a loser obsessed with exalting toxic masculinity. Good luck with that.

She is SO unlikeable. 

It doesn't surprise me she's jumped on the "bro" bandwagon to try to feel accepted and is acting like a jerk to her friend. Even if it's scripted, it sets a terrible example of how someone deserves to be treated. This isn't teasing, it's bullying. She ought to be ashamed of herself, but it's Whitney. She doesn't care about anyone but herself. 

Whitney does whatever benefits *her* and bounces from one thing to the next, leaving a wake of forgotten people/commitments behind her. She's going to be sorry when her friends finally say, "You've hurt me enough, I'm done". No amount of TLC money is worth putting up with her abuse. 

She's going to wind up with zero real friends and wonder why. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Heather show up looking pretty to a party...

Whitney (in front of everyone): Are you wearing shape wear?! 

Tal gets his own place that he's really proud of...

Whitney: I can smell the candles from outside! He's living like a Golden Girl!

She's SUCH an asshole. I giggle because when she said that to Heather, I just happened to be ordering shapewear for an event. But on second thought, what a dick move! So what if she was? Maybe she wanted to feel a little extra confident for these "bros" you keep forcing on your friends. They sound like assholes too, just the kind of people who would find your insecurity and nag at it until you leave the room in tears. Kind of like, well, you, Whitney.

When this show came out I watched it thinking we were going to see an actually fabulous fat woman, who does what she likes despite her weight and what people say about her. I was happy for her and proud of her and found her inspiring. That didn't last long. And reading @princelina's fantastic rundown of an early episode made me realize that relative "fame" didn't make her this way--she's always been an asshole.

• Love 12

At Tal's house, did anyone else notice the weirdness among the group when someone commented that Greensboro is actually closer to Wilmington than Charlotte is (when Whitney was complaining her long-distance relationship)?

There was a weird 'don't mention that!  it doesn't fit the plot' vibe.  And no explanation or follow up questions.

hmmm....

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Calliope12 said:

At Tal's house, did anyone else notice the weirdness among the group when someone commented that Greensboro is actually closer to Wilmington than Charlotte is (when Whitney was complaining her long-distance relationship)?

There was a weird 'don't mention that!  it doesn't fit the plot' vibe.  And no explanation or follow up questions.

hmmm....

I didn’t watch but I believe there was such a vibe. At one point in a SM interview Chase points out that Whitney has no need to live in Charlotte when someone asked if they would live in the same city and I thought she was going to shoot daggers out of her eyes.  My theory on this is that since the relationship is fake Whitney is unwilling to uproot her life in Charlotte to be near Chase but everyone knows how dumb it looks that she is supposedly going to marry this guy but they don’t even live in the same city when there is no reason they couldn’t. So it’s a taboo subject. 

• Love 7

As for the whole Buddy and the mysterious crossing of the fleshold it may be a true mystery if "it" ever happened. Logistically if both partners have big tummies the act itself is quite difficult and as I heard one commedian put it as it was trying to f&@k a canoe.

Edited by mytmo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I didn’t watch but I believe there was such a vibe. At one point in a SM interview Chase points out that Whitney has no need to live in Charlotte when someone asked if they would live in the same city and I thought she was going to shoot daggers out of her eyes.  My theory on this is that since the relationship is fake Whitney is unwilling to uproot her life in Charlotte to be near Chase but everyone knows how dumb it looks that she is supposedly going to marry this guy but they don’t even live in the same city when there is no reason they couldn’t. So it’s a taboo subject. 

Chase doesn't even live in Charlotte.  He lives 3 hours away in Wilmington.  Ryan lives in Charlotte, and I guess her business venture with Ryan is the only think keeping her in Charlotte.  Yeah, if her and Chase don't ever move closer, a long distance romance will be cut short.  It's fake anyway

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mytmo said:

As for the whole Buddy and the mysterious crossing of the fleshold it may be a true mystery if "it" ever happened. Logistically if both partners have big tummies the act itself is quite difficult and as I heard one commedian put it as it was trying to f&@k a canoe.

Well, for sure Buddy never said that since he's no comedian!😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Guess the weight lifting is this season's obligatory contest. Assuming once it's over it will go the way of her other new obsessions-remember ballroom dancing? 

It is certainly the most boring one.

16 hours ago, sara1025 said:

"I just need them to take better care of themselves"

Yep, because when Whit eats her way to bed-bound...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Chase doesn't even live in Charlotte.  He lives 3 hours away in Wilmington.  Ryan lives in Charlotte, and I guess her business venture with Ryan is the only think keeping her in Charlotte.  Yeah, if her and Chase don't ever move closer, a long distance romance will be cut short.  It's fake anyway

Yes exactly. Chase pointed out to Whit that she could move to Wilmington because she didn’t need to be in Charlotte but she could have killed him with her look. On the off chance this is real, Chase just learned that Whitney doesn’t do anything for someone else. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, texasbluebonnets said:

And “business venture” consists (as far a I can tell) or crashing/trespassing on parking garage roofs and other empty places to make videos on her iPhone. 

There’s no reason, as Ryan has suggested, they couldn’t knock out a week’s worth of episodes in a single day. 

There’s absolutely no need for anyone to re-locate for this bullshit. 

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

And “business venture” consists (as far a I can tell) or crashing/trespassing on parking garage roofs and other empty places to make videos on her iPhone. 

There’s no reason, as Ryan has suggested, they couldn’t knock out a week’s worth of episodes in a single day. 

There’s absolutely no need for anyone to re-locate for this bullshit. 

Especially since she's so worried about her parents. That alone would get me packing back to Greensboro.  Also isn't Jessica and her weight lifting venture in Greensboro too?  This entire season is just not right, it's off for some reason...

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Especially since she's so worried about her parents. That alone would get me packing back to Greensboro.  Also isn't Jessica and her weight lifting venture in Greensboro too?  This entire season is just not right, it's off for some reason...

Because  she's a  lying  liar who  lies?😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 2/25/2020 at 11:55 PM, lightninggirl said:

Hunter: So what's this guy's name again?
Babs: Cliff.
Glenn: It's Chase.
Babs: Well, it's gonna be Cliff today.

I am very torn about the whole Cliff thing.  I think that she really did mis-remember his name when she told Hunter that Chase's name was Cliff, and that she did a very clever retort to cover.  And I don't think there's a problem with that, except that it probably shows how fake the whole thing is, or Glen and Babs would have been bombarded with the name "Chase" until they were sick of it and couldn't help but remember it. 

But worse, I think that when Babs greeted him shortly thereafter and called him Cliff, that she had not remembered the previous conversation they had all just had about what his name really was.

• Love 1
On 2/24/2020 at 3:20 PM, Ketzel said:

I don't think it's a spoiler just to say that the coaches Jessica is "introducing" Whitney to in the coming attractions for this episode are Sean M. Rigsby and Tayler Harris. 

I don't think I'm imagining it, that Whitney's form looked waaaayyy better after her session with coach Sean.

On 2/22/2020 at 11:39 PM, Gramto6 said:

So she is moving on from Jessica after she was the reason Twit finish in the last contest!? What a biatch!!

Hate to defend Twit, but I don't think it was a matter of 'moving on'.  Jessica knew that Twit needed to work out more for her upcoming competition, so she suggested this other coach so that Twit could work out in Charlotte (since Jessica is in G'boro).

• Love 2

Anyone ever wonder why Twit has not made any new friends?  Girlfriends mostly. 

I mean we know why,  but don't we all meet new people in different areas of our lives?

I'm guessing that since she doesn't work at a job, or do much socializing outside of her house or her parents house (as much as the cameras show us) there's much less opportunity to meet and go out after work or lunch or coffee or wine with new folks. 

So she doesn't work at a job site.   Who does she go to lunch with?  Who can she call to go for a drink or coffee?  Brunch and shopping on Saturday ? 

I'm 65 and I meet alot of people through work, book clubs,  rec center, travel, church, and via other friends and family,  etc....

Instead she keeps those same old barnacles around or in the next closest City .  I mean, TLC $ keeps those social sticky notes hanging on to their tired, insulting scripts. 

I don't feel sorry for Twit because she's vile and mean and narcissistic.  

Just saying it's weird.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Tosia said:

Anyone ever wonder why Twit has not made any new friends?  Girlfriends mostly. 

I mean we know why,  but don't we all meet new people in different areas of our lives?

I'm guessing that since she doesn't work at a job, or do much socializing outside of her house or her parents house (as much as the cameras show us) there's much less opportunity to meet and go out after work or lunch or coffee or wine with new folks. 

So she doesn't work at a job site.   Who does she go to lunch with?  Who can she call to go for a drink or coffee?  Brunch and shopping on Saturday ? 

I'm 65 and I meet alot of people through work, book clubs,  rec center, travel, church, and via other friends and family,  etc....

Instead she keeps those same old barnacles around or in the next closest City .  I mean, TLC $ keeps those social sticky notes hanging on to their tired, insulting scripts. 

I don't feel sorry for Twit because she's vile and mean and narcissistic.  

Just saying it's weird.  

Actually I get this, I have been reality show adjacent several times and what they do for production at the best of times is vulgar. Best of times. You wouldn't believe the behavior I witnessed at a charity event I attended a few years ago by a reality show pretending to be supporting them.

Which is to say, I wouldn't touch a reality show with a 10-foot pole, a couldn't risk it professionally even if one of my best friends asked me to do it and I'm not high profile at all professionally. 

Edited by John M
  • Love 2

Thanks, JohnM, for your insight.

I get it now.  If , that's a big if, Twit has other friends, which I kinda doubt just because of her personality,  they don't want to be filmed.  

IDK. I guess I just wonder what she does all day every day in a new city. I know she's a sloth,  but one has to get out sometime,  right? 

Sounds like I'm dissatisfied with the small bit of her life that is shown. Doesn't seem fun at all. I usually FF thru Buddy's stuff and mute the THs and only try to catch pieces that the snarkers here highlights as uber-ridiculous. 

Please, PTB,  let this be the last season.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Thanks, JohnM, for your insight.

I get it now.  If , that's a big if, Twit has other friends, which I kinda doubt just because of her personality,  they don't want to be filmed.  

IDK. I guess I just wonder what she does all day every day in a new city. I know she's a sloth,  but one has to get out sometime,  right? 

My guess?  She lies around all day on the couch eating until it's time to break out the wine.  Heckles producers or anyone else she can get hold of via phone or text.  Even if she did have some kind of social group who don't want to be on tv, or other activities/hobbies that aren't shown, we would hear something about them.  And if she doesn't do anything then there's no way to meet new people except for online.  She met Ryan online and I'm sure it was over her supposed interest in fitness; now they have their little business and she's thrilled to hang out with anyone he brings into her circle.  I'm sure she's lonely, especially in a new city, but she's too dysfunctional to break out of her rut.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, princelina said:

My guess?  She lies around all day on the couch eating until it's time to break out the wine.  Heckles producers or anyone else she can get hold of via phone or text.  Even if she did have some kind of social group who don't want to be on tv, or other activities/hobbies that aren't shown, we would hear something about them.  And if she doesn't do anything then there's no way to meet new people except for online.  She met Ryan online and I'm sure it was over her supposed interest in fitness; now they have their little business and she's thrilled to hang out with anyone he brings into her circle.  I'm sure she's lonely, especially in a new city, but she's too dysfunctional to break out of her rut.

Sounds  likely. Sleeps  until noon, gets up and has a bowl of Froot Loops the size of Milwaukee,  flops  back on the bed and  surfs the  net. Gets up, feeds the cats, goes to Starbucks for a giant  frappuccino.  Returns  home  for a 3 hour nap. Wakes up, plays computer games on  her phone, surfs the net to see what people are  saying about her.  

You get the  gist. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

But worse, I think that when Babs greeted him shortly thereafter and called him Cliff, that she had not remembered the previous conversation they had all just had about what his name really was.

I really don't think that was the case, because when she called him Cliff to his face she had a little smirk on hers. I also think that the other family members snickered a little, like it was an inside joke, if I'm remembering it correctly. Then she saw the flowers and probably thought, "Dang, I'm an asshole for calling him Cliff to his face." 😉

• Love 6

Since Twit spends so much time massaging her fans on SM, I think we have a pretty good picture of her daily life outside of MBFFL. And it doesn't include a larger social group, except her new chums thru Ryan.

• Love 1
On 2/25/2020 at 5:59 PM, nytonc said:

Does anyone think Twit will make it to an actual” competition? I  smell an injury coming.

Oh, she'll trip over a nostril hair or such.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ucross said:

Good lord. Wilmington is at LEAST five hours from Charlotte, more like seven. It's very far. Any North Carolinian knows that.

Um, I'm from NC originally, and while I would have thought it was farther than what they said on the show, the all-knowing Google maps confirms 3 hours from Greensboro and 3 1/2 from Charlotte.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Um, I'm from NC originally, and while I would have thought it was farther than what they said on the show, the all-knowing Google maps confirms 3 hours from Greensboro and 3 1/2 from Charlotte.

Can confirm that it takes us around 3.5 to get from Charlotte. Feels longer.

There is NO reason for Whitney to live in Charlotte. She doesn't have a career that is location specific (she doesn't have a career at all). She doesn't have any social or emotional ties to it. She doesn't own property there. Her "fiance" lives in Wilmington and it seems that he DOES have tied there. If nothing else, he has a job. If she were really in love (or if this were real) she'd move to Wilmington to be with her fiance. The fact that she isn't is, IMO, proof of more frauding. 

• Love 11
On 2/25/2020 at 8:27 PM, Gramto6 said:

The utter gall of Twit to take her Mom's things (whatever they were) and say she wants them so she is talking them. Babs should have smacked her on the behind! What an entitled brat!

Whether this "poaching" of Whit's mom's 'knickknacks' was scripted by production OR was genuine mom/daughter teasing 'n bantering, I felt a real sadness in seeing this scene.  I so clearly recall my own mom pointing out her nice stuff around our family home and saying that "she'd like me to have these 'someday.'  My response would always be, "MOM!  Please let's not talk about this now!  There are YOUR treasures and will be so for a VERY LONG TIME!"  (I DO wonder how Whit was raised to think that stealing off with her parent's valuables (THO I'm pretty sure it was a joke between her & Bab's!)  is worthy of being filmed!!!

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, TzuShih said:

Whether this "poaching" of Whit's mom's 'knickknacks' was scripted by production OR was genuine mom/daughter teasing 'n bantering, I felt a real sadness in seeing this scene.  I so clearly recall my own mom pointing out her nice stuff around our family home and saying that "she'd like me to have these 'someday.'  My response would always be, "MOM!  Please let's not talk about this now!  There are YOUR treasures and will be so for a VERY LONG TIME!"  (I DO wonder how Whit was raised to think that stealing off with her parent's valuables (THO I'm pretty sure it was a joke between her & Bab's!)  is worthy of being filmed!!!

Whitney was already swiping Babs’ jewelry in an earlier season.  I’m sure if it was a plot point or she really does this in real life.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, TzuShih said:

What were those things she swiped? Finger bowls? Salt bowls?

I am a sucker for a nicely laid table. This is twice now that I have coveted Babs’ crystal iced tea glasses. I’d pull those out for dinner every night if they were mine.

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, mamadrama said:

There is NO reason for Whitney to live in Charlotte. She doesn't have a career that is location specific (she doesn't have a career at all). She doesn't have any social or emotional ties to it. She doesn't own property there. Her "fiance" lives in Wilmington and it seems that he DOES have tied there. If nothing else, he has a job. If she were really in love (or if this were real) she'd move to Wilmington to be with her fiance. The fact that she isn't is, IMO, proof of more frauding. 

In the episode, she started to say something like, "The long-distance relationship has gotten harder and harder on..." and I figured she would say "Chase", because of all the driving he has to do.  But no.  That selfish beeyotch said it has gotten harder on her!  Bish, please.  By her own admission, she has never been to visit him in Wilmington, see where his lives, etc.  That is inconceivable to me regarding someone she supposedly loves.

• Love 9
On 2/27/2020 at 11:54 AM, sara1025 said:

Whatever Whitney wants, Whitney takes! She apparently doesn't understand the word "no", and she certainly doesn't believe in asking for something before just taking it. She's stuck in the 2 year old "mine" phase where she thinks everything is hers.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:27 PM, Gramto6 said:

The utter gall of Twit to take her Mom's things (whatever they were) and say she wants them so she is talking them. Babs should have smacked her on the behind! What an entitled brat!

OK, so here's where I haul out my Babs-shares-some-responsibility stick.  Babs clearly acted like it was humorous and cute what Whitney was doing  My guess is she's been reacting that way to Whitney all her life...and look what it's brought us to.  A selfish entitled me-me-me emotionally stunted woman who shows zero empathy for people outside of how they impact her.

• Love 8

Whatever happened to "Fat girl DANCING"  I sincerely miss her passion she had for dancing. This new weight lifting thing is not her passion, or at least I can't feel it like I felt when she was dancing.  I miss her (and Todd) actually dancing together.

1 minute ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Whatever happened to "Fat girl DANCING"  I sincerely miss her passion she had for dancing. This new weight lifting thing is not her passion, or at least I can't feel it like I felt when she was dancing.  I miss her (and Todd) actually dancing together.

I actually liked the old Whitney when she was dancing.  This new weight lifting woman named Whitney, I can't stand.

3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

OK, so here's where I haul out my Babs-shares-some-responsibility stick.  Babs clearly acted like it was humorous and cute what Whitney was doing  My guess is she's been reacting that way to Whitney all her life...and look what it's brought us to.  A selfish entitled me-me-me emotionally stunted woman who shows zero empathy for people outside of how they impact her.

and remember when Babs told us that Glenn could never say NO to Whitney about anything?

• Love 2