Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Super Heavyweight Ladies

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Whit see herself as a gorgeous 22 year old skinny chick, and wants to prove to us she can do anything that imaginary girl can do.  Seriously delusional.   And the bottom line is all about her keeping her "brand"/show going by creating phony storylines that put her in situations where viewers can just gawk at her 350+ lb body doing things it can't  or shouldn't really do, and wear things that she really shouldn't wear.    

She is a terrible advocate for fat acceptance,  she's a parody and perpetrates a gross stereotype with her blubber hanging out as she trots around braying.  I live near a big city and I don't think I've seen anyone like her, not even in Walmart LOL.  Frankly I'm constantly embarrassed for her.  I'm a fat chick too!!  No body shame indeed.. ...

Very well written

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

God, I hate this woman. I’m on board with all the people who are tired of hearing the word “bro’s” coming out of Whitney’s mouth.  I love 5he way the day after the party, she flops down on her couch while watching Chase clean her house. Then after roughly 10 minutes she announces its time for her nap.  Chase, this will be your life!  

I totally agree.  I've noticed that she's ALWAYS sitting or lying down.  I can understand if you're hungover you may want to lie on the couch, but she is never standing for long.  We see her in bed talking to Ryan, on the couch while Chase cleans her house, on a chair in her parents' dining room talking to Babs, making a beeline for Tal's couch with a plate of food as soon as she arrives.

She may be able to lose a little weight if she remains on her feet a little longer during the day.

• Love 7

It's not so much that she held the wall while going down the stairs, but that she goes one step at a time, like little children.

There is a difference between weight lifting and body building.  Weight lifters can be heavy with little muscular definition.  Body builders lift (heavy) weights to develop muscles while on rather restrictive diets with virtually no fat.  Whitney could have moderate success as a weight lifter due to her size.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ugh, she is a pig. She barely makes it down the stairs without her death grip sliding down the wall. She grunts how bad her house smells and looks, plops her fat ass on the couch and complains to Chase, he sits down, I notice he put his nose to her hair and quickly stuck it back up in the air, again probably a non washed Twit with stinky ratty extensions. She disrespects Tal, because she is jealous, he is truly in love and happy, she can't stand that. The I love you from Chase seemed like he was also squeezing out a fart at the same time, it was so forced and unnatural. Thankfully this episode was a Buddy free one 

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
16 hours ago, John M said:

I just want to circle back because I feel, perhaps irrationally angry about this. I'm a very openly gay man, professionally and personally, I'm married to another man. Myself and my husband and I suspect Tal growing up in the south and not conforming to the hyper-masculine "ideals" went through a LOT OF SHIT being who we are and feeling like we finally get to live our authentic selves, it's baggage we have to deal with to this day, that we will probably take with us through our entire lives.

I guess this really hit a nerve because I've touched on in the past that Whit's obsession with "bro-ness" and the entitlement and hyper masculinity that goes with it and her first reaction after coming back from her "bro" party is to call her out and proud gay male, professional, young, educated "friend" an old woman for keeping a house and putting out a completely normal spread out for guests is just profoundly insulting and speaks a lot about her character.

Grow the fuck up Whitney, Tal is not an old woman for acting like a fucking adult, out, queer man, you are just a loser obsessed with exalting toxic masculinity. Good luck with that.

Very much agree with all of this. 

For all of her feigned solidarity with the LGTBQ community, Whitney is nothing more than a ***-hag who now that she has some (scripted) heterosexual (I think) male attention has no use for her former gay friends. 

Also, who the fuck mistakes a macaron for a small ham sandwich?!?  Although to Whitney I guess even a triple-stack seems small.

And, I guess she’s going with 330 as her pretend weight this week?

Final, redeeming, meta-observation: lots of evidence this week that the producers and/or editors hate Whitney.  It gives me joy to know that she was probably PISSES at some of those shots of her eating and lumbering around.

• Love 10

The amount of eye rolling that I did may be causing permanent damage, though I do have to commend the show writers for the accidentally (or not so accidentally) hilarious episode title.

Just when you thought that Whitney couldn't get more obnoxious, she manages to pull a whole other level of obnoxiousness out of her ass. No one's life is allowed to be more satisfying or happy than her's, so she feels the need to tear them down. Her behavior at Tal's was appalling and her petulance about none of her "friends" rushing to visit her when they all live in another city is pretty childish. As was her complaint about Chase living three hours away, but then ruling out moving to the city where he lives (since the universe revolves about her).

And no, Whitney - Tal is not one of the Golden Girls. He's just grown up, which is a real shock to someone trapped in perpetual adolescence like Whitney. She's 35 years old and still acts like a child. 

I was laughing during the weight-training session, with Whitney's delight at finding that a record holder is the same weight as she's claiming to be because there is a big difference in being as round as a small planet and having the kind of physique that a real weight lifter has. 

Please TLC... cancel this garbage already!

• Love 12

Just as an FYI - This is Li Wenwen, the 2019 world champion in the super heavyweight class. She's no toothpick but she's all muscle under a little bit of fat. The difference between a real weight lifter who weighs 326 pounds and Whitney is pretty obvious.

image.png.0bbf40daa025a7c88a93b790621bbe7a.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:
18 hours ago, aliya said:

Somebody who is into weightlifting please help - Should Twit be lifting at her current fitness level and weight? My nephew has his Masters in this area (forget the exact title), has client & works with a local sports team. He lifts in competitions. It would seem that you should get fit first, maybe not perfect, but lose some dang weight, then think about competitions. I'm not against her lifting, just the competition thing. I guess it's all drama for the show, but it may give some of her heavier fans the wrong idea. 

justin.jpg

I don't know much about it but most the real heavyweight male lifters I've seen on TV were big dudes and not built like bodybuilders.

I’ll try not to get too off-topic.  Bodybuilding is a completely different discipline that involves people being judged on their physiques. They’re posing on stage.  Weightlifting is a competition of who can put the most combined weight overhead with two different type of lifts.  You see people of more varying body types here, and there are various body weight categories at any sanctioned meet. As far as examples of bigger people, take a look at Sarah Robles (bronze medalist in the Women’s 75+kg at the 2016 Olympics) or Lasha Talakhadze (gold medalist in the Men’s 105+kg at the 2016 Olympics).  Take a look at Strongman athletes like Hafthor Bjornsson (AKA: The Mountain from Game of Thrones) - he’s 6’9” and around 425 lbs. Lots of those guys even have big bellies (the “power belly”).

That being said:  Why the bloody hell is Whit’s first weightlifting competition the state championships?  There are a crap ton of small, local meets around North Carolina - both non-sanctioned and sanctioned by USA Weightlifting.   Those little ones are what you cut your teeth on.  Is TLC that desperate for new content for Whitney?

• Love 9

I thought it was a pretty good episode.  I liked the horse farm and little horses. It seemed like the I love you comments were rehearsed, but, I guess it is hard to re-enact those kinds of moments.  lol  (I'm still trying to determine if it's totally fake.)  It seems odd, but, I'm on board for the duration. I'll admit that I was finding Chase attractive a couple of times, but, I like that long, unkempt hair sort of look.  

I did laugh when Whit was at dinner complaining about the long distance between she and Chase, but, then admits that Chance does all the commuting. lol  With the type of work he does, how does he have so much free time?  Hmmm....If you are able to do home repair, renovations, etc.  you can stay busy.  There is a huge demand in NC for that kind of work and people wait long periods of time to get help.....If you have a great crew, you can do very well financially.  It does require a lot of supervision and discipline, though.  

I sense that Whit's parents are needing more help these days.  Whit's brother seems to be around quite a bit more lately.  It's nice she has help.  I thought Babs seemed quite together and her usual self in this episode.  I laughed when she remarked about how it wasn't proper to have dinner over a coffee table!  No shade against Chase's family, of course. It's just not proper southern manners. lol  It seemed like a simple dinner though and likely takeout brought home.  Nothing wrong with that. 

I thought that Ryan was wise in his assessment that Whit and Chase's relationship. It is a bit soon. We'll see.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Ok, I've been trying to look up information on the last NC Championship and even though I'm unable to find any results from the last competition, I feel qualified to call bullshit on the whole story line. Athletic Lab, the club that held the championships stated on their site that in order to compete, the athlete must 1) be a registered member of USA Weightlifting and 2) have competed in at least one sanctioned meet. They made it clear that this is not an event for first timers like Whitney.

https://athleticlab.com/north-carolina-state-championships-october-25th/

So whatever they're going to stage, it's not the real state championships. 

Imminent editing BS aside, there were posted results at one point via the USAW site. This was discussed around page 212 of the Social Media thread, if you’re interested.  Not saying anymore so as to not inadvertently spoil anything. 

I wonder if Whitney flubbed her lines at the horse ranch so she could hear "I love you Whitney" several times.🤥 That was the blandest declaration of love I have witnessed in quite some time.  

Whitney has been "weightlifting" with Jessica for quite some time so why is she just now getting the proper footwear?

Does Whitney never lock her doors?  And what kind of newly in love woman receives male company in her bedroom topless?  "Oh yes, Chase just left and I'm just randomly lying her in the afterglow of our coitus.  She tries to hard to make us believe she is the premier sex kitten and really sis...no. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Whitney has been "weightlifting" with Jessica for quite some time so why is she just now getting the proper footwear?

I think she’s been doing general CrossFit workouts with Jessica, which has a little barbell work peppered in, but I’m guessing she was perhaps encouraged to get some weightlifting shoes if she was going to get more involved specifically in weightlifting.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Yajmele said:

I’ll try not to get too off-topic.  Bodybuilding is a completely different discipline that involves people being judged on their physiques. They’re posing on stage.  Weightlifting is a competition of who can put the most combined weight overhead with two different type of lifts.  You see people of more varying body types here, and there are various body weight categories at any sanctioned meet. As far as examples of bigger people, take a look at Sarah Robles (bronze medalist in the Women’s 75+kg at the 2016 Olympics) or Lasha Talakhadze (gold medalist in the Men’s 105+kg at the 2016 Olympics).  Take a look at Strongman athletes like Hafthor Bjornsson (AKA: The Mountain from Game of Thrones) - he’s 6’9” and around 425 lbs. Lots of those guys even have big bellies (the “power belly”).

That being said:  Why the bloody hell is Whit’s first weightlifting competition the state championships?  There are a crap ton of small, local meets around North Carolina - both non-sanctioned and sanctioned by USA Weightlifting.   Those little ones are what you cut your teeth on.  Is TLC that desperate for new content for Whitney?

I was trying to get a picture of him lifting weights, but they were all videos and wasn't sure about posting them. He does lift and yeah, I thought they might be two different things. I'm just saying Twit isn't near ready to show the world how big women can lift.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, John M said:

I just want to circle back because I feel, perhaps irrationally angry about this. I'm a very openly gay man, professionally and personally, I'm married to another man. Myself and my husband and I suspect Tal growing up in the south and not conforming to the hyper-masculine "ideals" went through a LOT OF SHIT being who we are and feeling like we finally get to live our authentic selves, it's baggage we have to deal with to this day, that we will probably take with us through our entire lives.

I guess this really hit a nerve because I've touched on in the past that Whit's obsession with "bro-ness" and the entitlement and hyper masculinity that goes with it and her first reaction after coming back from her "bro" party is to call her out and proud gay male, professional, young, educated "friend" an old woman for keeping a house and putting out a completely normal spread out for guests is just profoundly insulting and speaks a lot about her character.

Grow the fuck up Whitney, Tal is not an old woman for acting like a fucking adult, out, queer man, you are just a loser obsessed with exalting toxic masculinity. Good luck with that.

My son is gay so I definitely get where you’re coming from. You’d think someone of Twit’s generation would be a little more woke, as the kids say. I suspect she’s full of self loathing and it soothes her ego to demean others. Like asking Heather if she was wearing Spanx in front of a room full of people at a party. If anyone had dared to ask Twit that question, she’d have climbed on her social media soapbox to declare her offense. She’s an immature, vile piece of work!

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Yajmele said:

Athletic Lab, the club that held the championships stated on their site that in order to compete, the athlete must 1) be a registered member of USA Weightlifting and 2) have competed in at least one sanctioned meet. They made it clear that this is not an event for first timers like Whitney.

https://athleticlab.com/north-carolina-state-championships-october-25th/

That's from the 2014 state championships.  Perhaps the 2019 competition  had different requirements?

1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Good Lord these previews: I climbed the Effie's tower, it is not difficult and can easily be done in under 45 min. Does Whit really want Buddy to admit they had sex years ago on national TV? Good grief, you are still going on about that? 

If it happened I don't think he'd admit it anyway.  But I don't believe it happened and so he really won't "admit" it! 😄 

• Love 3

3 minutes ago, princelina said:

If it happened I don't think he'd admit it anyway.  But I don't believe it happened and so he really won't "admit" it! 😄 

I think it happened and he won’t admit or was drunk/high and can’t remember so he won’t admit it.  I actually think Buddy thinks that he’s way out of Whitney’s league, when in reality they are both slugs.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

That's from the 2014 state championships.  Perhaps the 2019 competition  had different requirements?

I found the 2019 requirements and they’re the same. I’ll reserve further thoughts until we see the competition. 

Random thoughts
📌 Well, I didn't have to wait for a regained 50 #s -- per my thought last week -- to know how Twit is gonna handle stairs. Why would anyone who has to walk up & down stairs one step at a time while holding a wall move to a condo with two steep flights?
📌 And what chutzpah demanding her parents avoid stairs when she can barely maneuver down a flight herself?
📌 "I'm sure Ryan did this." (Inserting a Solo cup in the skeleton as its vagina.) Me too. He's not just a rat & a weasel but a pig as well.
📌 Twit sez to Chase: "I'm your girl friend. You don't have to ask to take me out on a date." But in the TH: "It's really sweet . . ." One of many instances in this episode where she belittles Chase. I hope that TLC paycheck is worth it.
📌 The morn after the frat bro party, Twit tells Jessica, "I feel fat -- fatter than I am." Later -- at the wgt-lifting gym, I think -- Twit sez, "I'm super-fat, but I am fit." Delusional, anyone?
📌 When Twit was grumbling about how the ol' gang never gets together anymore at Tal's condo, I'm glad Ashley pointed out that only one of them moved away.
📌 And what's with mute Todd? Second week he's said nothing except a brief TH in ep. 7.
📌 Chase is "a very sensitive bro," illustrated by his getting "really mad" when Twit was on the phone with Buddy. Huh? Not the way I've ever defined sensitivity.
📌 Even when Buddy does not appear, we hear about him ad nauseam.
📌 Interesting that neither Olympic wgt-lifting trainer has ever made it to the Olympics -- but are still trying. And, boy! Are they ever eager to be on TV.
📌 Dead lifts. That describes my eyelids while watching this shitshow.
📌 Twit sez Chase plans things when he's in town bc "he wants to make the most out of the time we have together." I see it as more a way he can stay out of the bedroom with her pawing him.
📌 When (if?) Twit & Chase have sex, does she don her CPAP mask before or after?
📌 Chase: "I love you, Whitney." Whitney: "I was about to say the same thing." You need a mirror for that, Twit.
📌 What is it with Ryan walking thru her unlocked front door & wandering into her bedroom?
📌 Then Ryan worries about wgt-lifting bc he can't do the 5 videos a week by himself if she's injured. Why not? He's been doing it all since they started.
📌 Ryan must have a contract clause that sez he must appear in every ep. The scene in Twit's bedroom didn't move the plot forward in any way.
📌 At dinner with the parents, Chase claims he is a contractor. Why didn't he admit to also being a bartender?
📌 Twit to Babs: "I'm 35 years old. I'm used to living alone." Since when? Except possibly Korea, someone has always been around to shave her legs, apply chub rub ointment, lift her from the tub . . .

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

Note to Whitney - most reasonable men aren't threatened by you having male heterosexual friends. The fact that Chase is repeatedly bringing up her friendship with Buddy as a problem is a serious red flag.

And no, heifer... a friend that lets their SO tell them who they should and shouldn't be friends with is just a potential domestic violence call. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

And no, heifer... a friend that lets their SO tell them who they should and shouldn't be friends with is just a potential domestic violence call. 

I agree....however, in Whitney's case, she thoroughly relishes the fact that two men are fighting over her (or so we're made to believe). I can't think of any other explanation why she would throw it in Chase's face that Buddy is "the guy I f'ed six yrs. ago" or that doggone kiss she can't stop talking about. She never made it clear to Chase, once and for all, that she is completely over Buddy as a romantic interest. She never made that clear to Buddy either, the way she's all over him the minute they're alone on the couch, on the bed, or anywhere.

There'd be a name for her if she were a guy...player.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Note to Whitney - most reasonable men aren't threatened by you having male heterosexual friends. The fact that Chase is repeatedly bringing up her friendship with Buddy as a problem is a serious red flag.

True but I think it is fake drama for the cameras

• Love 9

The fact that Chase is repeatedly bringing up her friendship with Buddy as a problem is a serious red flag.

It's not a normal friendship, though. Whit is obsessed with Buddy, Buddy knows it and uses it to his advantage. There are boundaries constantly crossed with these two. 

• Love 8

I would agree, but typically you don’t fling your legs over your male friend until your “boyfriend” walks through the door and jump up like your house is on fire.  That’s the fastest I’ve ever seen Whitney move.  You also don’t throw your keys at your boyfriend to get the bags while you throw him under the bus and you don’t  lie in a bed with your friend stroking his beard.  Whitney is in love with the idea of having two men to choose from when in reality neither one of them probably give a damn because this is all fake, so producers are probably telling Chase what to say.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I saw that the information I had was incorrect and tried to delete it. Should have remembered that nothing is forgotten on the internet...

Having said that, it is still pretty ridiculous that someone who has never competed at any level and was still learning basics, like proper form (which her previous coach didn't teach her) would qualify for a state championship. I wonder how much TLC had to pay to get her in.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I saw that the information I had was incorrect and tried to delete it. Should have remembered that nothing is forgotten on the internet...

Having said that, it is still pretty ridiculous that someone who has never competed at any level and was still learning basics, like proper form (which her previous coach didn't teach her) would qualify for a state championship. I wonder how much TLC had to pay to get her in.

(I think this is on-topic as the competition was referenced in the episode)

The requirements for the 2019 competition were the same. Which means that between the time of what we saw this week and the competition Whitney has to: 1) become a card-carrying member of the USWA; and 2) compete in a sanctioned competition before this State Championship. 

If she doesn’t, it will mean the Competition has disregarded its own rules to allow her to participate.  If that’s the case, anything and everything we see from that competition, from her posted weight to the amounts she claims to lift, will be completely suspect and presumptively bullshit.

Pay close attention to what info we hear by way of voice-over as opposed to seeing being spoken at the time. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I think it happened and he won’t admit or was drunk/high and can’t remember so he won’t admit it.  I actually think Buddy thinks that he’s way out of Whitney’s league, when in reality they are both slugs.

As gross as Whitney is, Buddy’s delusional if he thinks he’s out of her league.  After all, he’s a 2 bit player on her TV show.  While it’s certainly debatable as to whether she should have a show, the reality is that she does.  She also has a place to live.  He’s not much for making any kind of life for himself. 

• Love 6
On 2/25/2020 at 6:27 PM, Gramto6 said:

The utter gall of Twit to take her Mom's things (whatever they were) and say she wants them so she is talking them. Babs should have smacked her on the behind! What an entitled brat!

Whatever Whitney wants, Whitney takes! She apparently doesn't understand the word "no", and she certainly doesn't believe in asking for something before just taking it. She's stuck in the 2 year old "mine" phase where she thinks everything is hers.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Jenny8 said:

I agree....however, in Whitney's case, she thoroughly relishes the fact that two men are fighting over her (or so we're made to believe). I can't think of any other explanation why she would throw it in Chase's face that Buddy is "the guy I f'ed six yrs. ago" or that doggone kiss she can't stop talking about. She never made it clear to Chase, once and for all, that she is completely over Buddy as a romantic interest. She never made that clear to Buddy either, the way she's all over him the minute they're alone on the couch, on the bed, or anywhere.

There'd be a name for her if she were a guy...player.

Six years ago, when this was seemingly an actual "reality" show, she informed us that she and Buddy had never "crossed the fleshhold" which is why I'm not believing it now.  She has consistently over the years insinuated that there is some kind of star-crossed desire between the two of them which has seemed to be entirely in her head.  From Buddy's side he is her friend/roommate/mooch, but he has never wanted to be more - he was even asked outright by the host at one of their season wrap-ups, and he said NO.  I don't know how much they paid him for THE KISS, but that seems to be his limit.  He doesn't have to feel his is "out of her league" to have no interest in being her boyfriend.  (And since we have seen him date Heather and that Chelsea, he may indeed think he can do better than Whit - and he'd be correct). Whit implies there is more, and the friends go along with it in their conversations - as we are to believe they have nothing going on in their own lives despite their kids/jobs/relationships/new houses that are interesting for them to discuss - they only ever want to talk about Whitney 🙄.  Buddy's happy enough to hang around for a paycheck and probably does consider her a friend, but that's it and rewriting history isn't going to make it so.

• Love 10

Whitney correcting Chase's table manners/ use of knife and fork:

According to kitchn.com: "There are two basic methods for eating with a knife and fork. The 'American' involves having your fork in your left and your knife in your right when cutting your food, then putting the knife down and switching your fork to your right hand to eat, tines facing upwards. (If you’re right-handed, that is.) With the 'European' method, the fork remains in the left hand and the knife helps coax your food onto your fork. The tines remain facing downwards."

Chase was doing it European style and Whitney poked him and corrected him. Quite obviously, with her parents watching. Just as she loudly chastised him for "dropping an F-bomb" in front of his father. Her interactions with this poor schmo are starting to look like a rejected version of the script for "How To Lose A Man in Ten Days." Even if he is enthralled by gigantic rear ends, Whitney's isn't the only one out there. Maybe he should try and date Natalie; she seems kinder and more good-natured than La Thore.

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney correcting Chase's table manners/ use of knife and fork:

According to kitchn.com: "There are two basic methods for eating with a knife and fork. The 'American' involves having your fork in your left and your knife in your right when cutting your food, then putting the knife down and switching your fork to your right hand to eat, tines facing upwards. (If you’re right-handed, that is.) With the 'European' method, the fork remains in the left hand and the knife helps coax your food onto your fork. The tines remain facing downwards."

Chase was doing it European style and Whitney poked him and corrected him. Quite obviously, with her parents watching. Just as she loudly chastised him for "dropping an F-bomb" in front of his father. Her interactions with this poor schmo are starting to look like a rejected version of the script for "How To Lose A Man in Ten Days." Even if he is enthralled by gigantic rear ends, Whitney's isn't the only one out there. Maybe he should try and date Natalie; she seems kinder and more good-natured than La Thore.

I found it rather strange that Twit, who has traveled the world, never noticed that much of that world holds a knife & fork as Chase does. Yet more evidence about how self-absorbed she is.

Natalie is also in his age range if he's like his bro, Ryan.

And, @princelina, I thought Twit said she DID "cross the fleshhold" with Buddy. Anyone remember for sure?

• Love 1

I only started watching during season 3 or 4, but I recently watched one of the first or maybe second season episodes where Whitney was traveling to some girl's house to choreograph something for her and then asked Ashley to meet her there so that Ashley can massage her (yeah, I don't know)

Anyway, she was rambling on about Buddy and she said  something along the lines of he was her friend and then was her lover and then back her friend.  Buddy was not there to confirm or deny.  So true or not, she's been saying they slept together for a long time now.

• Love 2

*snort* Hunter's not hanging around to help his parents-he's hanging around because he's an "actor" and they're filming

Still laughing over Whit trying to help Chase with his table manners when I can't even look at the screen when she has food in front of her. The cake testing gave me PTSD and I've not been able to look at cake since. Damn you!

Guess the weight lifting is this season's obligatory contest. Assuming once it's over it will go the way of her other new obsessions-remember ballroom dancing? 

Nice try on the Tall hating, Whit. I would MUCH rather be sitting up eating cheesecake with Blanche and Dorothy then hanging out at Animal House. 

I'm a southerner and sometimes we eat at the coffee table. Not, like, when we're having people over for dinner or having a big meal but it happens. Southerners don't have the edge on etiquette so quit your pearl clutching, Babs. You're no Emily Gilmore. (Though context would've helped-they were in a cabin at the time.) If Whit wants to pretend that she's Miss Manners then she can start by respecting boundaries and wearing actual clothes in public. 

I hope Chase is getting paid for this.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Dot said:

And, @princelina, I thought Twit said she DID "cross the fleshhold" with Buddy. Anyone remember for sure?

6 hours ago, Meowy said:

I only started watching during season 3 or 4, but I recently watched one of the first or maybe second season episodes where Whitney was traveling to some girl's house to choreograph something for her and then asked Ashley to meet her there so that Ashley can massage her (yeah, I don't know)

Anyway, she was rambling on about Buddy and she said  something along the lines of he was her friend and then was her lover and then back her friend.  Buddy was not there to confirm or deny.  So true or not, she's been saying they slept together for a long time now.

SO I got curious and went rummaging around online and found the very first episode where they are all introduced.  Looks like I was wrong about what was said but I'm still not buying it.  Todd is taglined as "Whitney's Dance Partner" every time he shows up, and Buddy as "Whitney's Best Friend." 

1. When Buddy shows up at her door with a pizza (Pepperoni!  Which Whitney doesn't even like!  And she daintily picks it off and tosses it in the box as they eat the whole pizza together) She says that she had a crush on him for years.  And when she got over it, then he started pursuing her.  That "came to a stand still" and now they both want to be friends. 

2. She was going to meet a "hot guy" that she met on Facebook for a date.  She tells Buddy she has a date, then says, "Don't be jelly."  He says okay and she squawks, "You aren't jelly?!?!?"  "When was I ever jelly?" sez Buddy.  Then he snarks, "I guess I'm not the full package."  "Oh, you've got a full package. Rowr!" purrs Whit, around a mouthful of pizza, leering at his lap.  They laugh.  

3.  She THs that Buddy is a super great guy, talented, he writes his own music, and really respects women.  Her friends tell her he's just trying to get in her pants, but that's not true because "I tried to get him in there for 3 months before he went."  So there's the claim, but not made in front of him.

4.  Buddy's TH is that Whitney is a selfless friend, very laid back, they've helped each other through some hard times with their "love lifes".

5.  At some point in episode 1 or 2, someone says something about Buddy, and she looks to the side, as liars do, and mutters something like, "We tried it but it didn't work out."  I'm not buying what she's selling.

Whit meets up with "hot guy" Andrew - kind of a skinny little twerp, but Whit is pleased that he looks like his photo.  Whit asks him if she is what he expected, and he responds with the "Reality show Ummmm. . . ." leaving us in suspense as they cut to commercial.  When we return she repeats the question, and he says, "You are what I was hoping for.  I love a big ass, big thighs" and then she proceeds to spill her drink on her boobs, then her big thighs, while he wipes her off.  She was unimpressed and did not offer to convert to his religion.

Before the date, Whit informs us that she gets letters from all kinds of guys telling her her body is perfect.  "I have never had to "settle" for someone just because of my size" she boasts.  Before the date she was worried he wouldn't find her attractive, during the date she couldn't decide whether to be offended that he kept rubbing her or just enjoy the rubbing, and after the date she decides that she's "happy to learn that there are guys out there who find her body attractive."  Right there are 3-4 different tales - one of them is probably true but they can't all be.  So for me to believe she and Buddy got physical - I'm still going to need to see photos 😄 

As for "crossing the fleshhold" - Tal and Ashley were introduced as her crew that she needs to get ready for a date.  Tal gives good advice and Ashley does hair and makeup.  She comments that Ashley has "as much bad luck with men as me" - leaving me to wonder if Ashley wasn't dumped for a while not only because she lost weight (as we all suspected) but also because she found a boyfriend (who would end up being baby daddy).  She informs them that up until 50 pounds ago (which would have been 330 based on her stated weight of 380) guys would always hit on her in a bar, but then she "crossed the fleshhold" meaning that now she was only approached by chubby chasers.  So it wasn't even a sex term initially 😄 

Here's an interesting thing:  Babs came in to gather dirty dishes and advise Whit to wear a necklace and a belt (!) on the date, and also to go over the ruse they will use to fool Glenn in case Whit wants to bring her date back to her room (although both Babs and Tal are Shocked! that Whit wouldn't clean the pig pen first.)  Although Babs came and went through the bedroom door, you could see that off to the side of the room you could enter a kind of butler's pantry, which led to the kitchen.  (I confess that Mr P is out tonight and I got sucked in and watched episode 2 and part of 3 - it wasn't until episode 3 that they got the kinks out and filmed it like a real bedroom, but you could tell then that the camera person was standing in the butler pantry area!)

In the first episode, Whitney wore black leggings with cute tunic tops, a real bra with cups, and jewelry.  (In episode 3 she informs us that she doesn't care about fashion - she cares about her spandex and sports bras 😄) Even when she met Todd to dance, she met him in clothing and then changed in the dance studio.  She started right out of the gate saying she wants to be happy and knows she's unhealthy and needs to lose weight.  She says that's her main goal for dancing with Todd; secondary goal is to have cool things to post on youtube.  Todd THs that Whit is a great friend and a perfectionist.  Whit talks about losing weight and informs us, "Once I commit, there's no stopping me!"  Okay then.

In episode 1, after the big date, she arranges for Todd and her to dance for Babs and Glenn on the patio.  She's going to show Glenn that even though she's unemployed and hasn't lost any weight that week, she's still doing something!  Babs THs that Whit wants Glenn to be proud of her.  So she and Todd holler for them to "Watch this!" and then bust their moves, until Todd ditches the choreography and starts pirouetting and high-kicking, leaving Whit standing there dismayed, and refusing to even "do the ending" which involves Todd kneeling in front of her while she moves his head in and out of her boobs.  Glenn and Babs admire his fancy footwork, Whit THs that she can't believe they're praising Todd when they should be watching HER! and back on the porch she informs Todd, through tears, that he's supposed to stick to the choreography!!!  Then she challenges him to a butt-shake, and the two of them twerk for Glenn and Babs until Glenn calls Whit the winner, and happiness descends upon Greensboro as we fade out.

Another interesting thing happened in episode 2, which was all about haters hatin' and Whit, Ashley and Tal reading her hate mail before burning it in the fireplace. We end in BGDC, where Whit rallies those big girls to have heart and moxie and shun the naysayers!  Follow your passion and dance!  Whit is moved to tears, as are many of her listeners, and guess who's standing in the very first row, grinning from ear to ear but never introduced as a friend, but our very own Heather!  Camera pulls out a little bit and next to Heather is a young Asian woman who I'd bet is that Donna!  But we are drawn to the door where "Whitney's Best Friend" is entering, and she introduces Buddy to the group of gals.  Heather and Possibly Donna are just part of the group clapping for Buddy, and then they all dance.  When none of them were featured at the beginning of episode 3 (Whit sulks when Glen makes her eggs for breakfast, when she's been dreaming about a banana and mayo sandwich all night! Her hairdresser Mattie challenges her to be in a fashion show! She can't walk in heels or without spandex!  When Tal challenges that statement, she takes off her pants and shows us all her chub rub!  He apologizes profusely!) I got bored and switched over to here.  I'm not usually a "rewatcher" so it was kind of a fun little trip down memory lane.  Henchi looked a lot younger back then 😄 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

Whitney talking about her parents:

"I just need them to take better care of themselves"

OH YES BECAUSE YOU ARE THE PINNACLE OF HEALTH WHITNEY

"But we don't talk about it"

Yeah, kind of like how your parents could lecture you about how unhealthy your weight is as often as you lecture them about their health issues. BUT WE DON'T TALK ABOUT IT...lol

"I may be super fat but I am FIT"

She thinks if she can lift a few reps of a heavy weight, that equals fit. Yet she has to go down stairs one step at a time like a toddler, still can't run, and gets out of breath just walking a short distance. Whenever we see her "working out", it's only lifting weights, never cardio.

Also, it sounds like her parents are on top of their health. Yes, when people age they tend to get health problems. But her parents go to the doctor, acknowledge the issues, and deal with them. Still, Whitney has to lecture them for eternity just so it makes her morbid obesity seem less of an issue.

ETA: I love how earlier in the episode Whitney is worried the nice table setting will intimidate Chase, then during the dinner criticizes his manners constantly.

Edited by sara1025
  • Love 8

Fascinating walk down MBFFL Memory Lane, @princelina. You really took one for the team!  😁

I did want to say to you & anyone who may have misinterpreted my stmt that Twit said she crossed the fleshhold w/ Buddy. I believe she SAID that; I don't believer HER. Only way: if Buddy was stumblin' drunk, which is a possibility.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 6

Heather show up looking pretty to a party...

Whitney (in front of everyone): Are you wearing shape wear?! 

Tal gets his own place that he's really proud of...

Whitney: I can smell the candles from outside! He's living like a Golden Girl!

She is a terrible person who has zero respect for anyone around her. Even if she stopped eating for a week, her stomach would remain full just from swallowing all the jealousy she carries around. 

• Love 17

I wonder if Whitney realizes all of this discussion about sex with Buddy that may or may not have taken place 6 years ago just reinforces the fact that she is not in an intimate relationship with anyone now, including her supposed fiancé. A teenager who is a virgin but wants to seem “cool” to her friends talks obsessively about her contact with someone so she can portray that she’s had sex. A grown woman in a healthy, intimate relationship doesn’t give a second thought about a guy she might have slept with 6 years ago, especially if it was while they were drunk. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I wonder if Whitney realizes all of this discussion about sex with Buddy that may or may not have taken place 6 years ago just reinforces the fact that she is not in an intimate relationship with anyone now, including her supposed fiancé. A teenager who is a virgin but wants to seem “cool” to her friends talks obsessively about her contact with someone so she can portray that she’s had sex. A grown woman in a healthy, intimate relationship doesn’t give a second thought about a guy she might have slept with 6 years ago, especially if it was while they were drunk. 

I seriously doubt they "crossed the flesh hold" I think it is all in Twit's head/"wishes"/imagines that it happened. Buddy's "incapacity/drunkenness" aside, how can you not remember that???

• Love 2