Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Rosé-Fueled Regrets

• Start Topic

After a wild night out, Jenna wades through a sea of regrets and braces for the awkward interactions that follow, then a group of high-maintenance, vegan guests board Parsifal and Adam struggles to live up to their meatless and milkless expectations.

Airs February 17, 2020.

16 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Why the heck would Adam think “vegan guests” = “vegan panna cotta”?  There must be like a thousand other desserts that would be easier to make vegan than a dish of gelatined cream.

Let’s take a dish that has five or so ingredients nearly all of which aren’t vegan and make it vegan! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I'm impressed!  Adam thinking with his big head.  Lay off the wine Jenna.  She recovered nicely.

Paget gives me vibes he could be abusive.  Ciera is strange.  Couples fighting.  A staple on reality TV.

Milking almonds.  LOL  I like the captain.  He's really hands on.

These guests are, um, "challenging".

The Georgia/Adam thing confuses me.  Was she trying to collect laundry but not barge in on Parker?  Then she's mad because Jenna talked to Adam.

Not sure about Jenna's finger story.  You can't really do that job until the bleeding is stopped.

Madison has a couple screws loose.

• Love 3

I'm still liking Capt. Glenn.  Maybe I should put my glasses on.  LOL

These guests are weird.

Paget and Cierra are gonna have rough seas.  So now we know they started dating when she was 18 and he was 22.

The second half of the episode was moving fast.  I had a hard time keeping up with the scene changing.

Four knots is my kind of sailing.  I call it cocktail cruising.

I'm still liking Madison but Georgia may eventually be a problem.

• Love 5

Adam's still a dick and has made little effort to expand his vegan repertoire. I don't like the chief stew. She's kind of a bitch but not in a good witty way like Kate. And she's not interested in creating a fun or entertaining experience for the guests. Her main focus seems to be jumping Adams bones. And being mean to that third stew. 

I'm not really into watching the couple argue every episode and they give off strange vibes. Plus they don't seem comfortable in front of the cameras. Still think Glenn is nice.

Sorry but this is not my idea of a luxury vacation. The boat seems small and cramped and there doesn't seem to be much effort put into pampering the guests. and what the hell is with the rafts? Is that because there's no bunny pad?

• Love 5

Jenna IS a bitch or at least she plays one on TV.. She just seems like she wants to be mean to the other stews and hang out flirting with Adam. I don’t find her the slightest bit attractive ! Physically or personality wise.  Still love Captain Glenn, he’s competent yet self effacing.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Paget and Cierra are gonna have rough seas.  So now we know they started dating when she was 18 and he was 22.

I understand that everyone ages differently but I am going to need to see some official evidence that Paget is only 26. In the first ep she said that they had been friends a long time and that her parents bought a catamaran when she was 15 and her parents hired him to be the captain but they have only been dating for 4 years. I also side eye her immediately having an answer for his age but dating “I think I was 18”.

edited because according to his bio they met when he was 22. 

By 22, he took is first Captain position on a sailing catamaran.  He met his girlfriend Ciara working on her family’s boat and introduced her to the yachting industry.

total sketch.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Jenna IS a bitch or at least she plays one on TV.. She just seems like she wants to be mean to the other stews and hang out flirting with Adam. I don’t find her the slightest bit attractive ! Physically or personality wise.  Still love Captain Glenn, he’s competent yet self effacing.

Yeah she would rather stay good with Adam than support her stew.  Threw her under the bus.

We saw Simone in BD mostly kept quiet and took the abuse.  Georgia spoke up about being looked down upon and she got shit on.

Yeah sign up to be a stew on the BD shows and be bullied.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Why the heck would Adam think “vegan guests” = “vegan panna cotta”?  There must be like a thousand other desserts that would be easier to make vegan than a dish of gelatined cream.

I also wondered why he couldn't have substituted a plant based gelling agent like agar for the usual animal based one.

That said, he rose to the occasion and heard only a little bit of drunken complaints.   And he didn't sneak in any ingredients that the guests stated they didn't want, like he's done in past seasons.

The stews seem nice enough and willing to learn.   The happy couple could use a bit of counseling.

• Love 4

So Adam is still a whiny egomaniac who thinks the guests should accept his preferences, not their own. Adam, don't hold your breath for a discussion about Adam's preference sheet.

Didn't take Jenna long to glom onto Adam and abandon her stews, including making snarky comments about them. Jerk.

I think I'm going to enjoy the captain, the engineer and the two stews.

The married couple make my skin crawl. They appear to hate each other.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I understand that everyone ages differently but I am going to need to see some official evidence that Paget is only 26. In the first ep she said that they had been friends a long time and that her parents bought a catamaran when she was 15 and her parents hired him to be the captain but they have only been dating for 4 years. I also side eye her immediately having an answer for his age but dating “I think I was 18”.

edited because according to his bio they met when he was 22. 

total sketch.

Does his bio say he's 26? Cuz that math doesn't add up right. If he was 22 when she was 15, and they didn't start to date until she "was 18" that would have made him like 25 when they stated dating and 4 years later would put him about 30. Now, that's assuming she really was 18 and that's doubtful. He still looks a good 5 years older than that, but if he's claiming 26, that's just not right. No matter how old he is, he's beginning to creep me out. I'm not liking the way he's talking to or treating Ciara. Neither one seems overly good at their job though. 

What exactly is Georgia complaining about Adam doing to her? Telling her to only carry one plate at a time? Oh the horrors! I wasn't paying that much attention, so unless the other stews had 3 plates each and he specifically told her she was too stupid to carry more than one, I'm just not getting it. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

What exactly is Georgia complaining about Adam doing to her? Telling her to only carry one plate at a time? Oh the horrors! I wasn't paying that much attention, so unless the other stews had 3 plates each and he specifically told her she was too stupid to carry more than one, I'm just not getting it. 

There was also the conversation where she was asking him where Parker was, I guess to know whether she could take their laundry out of their cabin?  Maybe it's against protocol, I don't know, but couldn't she just ping Parker on the radio to  make sure he wasn't in the shower or whatever she was concerned about instead of interrupting the chef while he was working?  And why would Adam know Parker was anyway?

Also, if you can't carry more than one plate without being in danger of dropping one - that's your problem not Adam's.  He's helping you, but also making sure he doesn't have to do more work to replace the food you're going to drop.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

There was also the conversation where she was asking him where Parker was, I guess to know whether she could take their laundry out of their cabin?  Maybe it's against protocol, I don't know, but couldn't she just ping Parker on the radio to  make sure he wasn't in the shower or whatever she was concerned about instead of interrupting the chef while he was working?  And why would Adam know Parker was anyway?

I forgot about that conversation and she's lucky he didn't ask her how the fuck he was supposed to know. Adam was cooking and Parker wasn't in the galley, so yeah. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

Does his bio say he's 26? Cu

No his bio doesn’t say he is 26, it doesn’t state an age other than he was 22 when he became a captain of a catamaran.    but she said they have been dating for four years and they started dating when he was 22 which would make him 26. An admittedly quick google search didn’t come up with his age. My point was their story about when they started dating and their ages don’t seem to match up.

55 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Also, if you can't carry more than one plate without being in danger of dropping one - that's your problem not Adam's.  He's helping you, but also making sure he doesn't have to do more work to replace the food you're going to drop.

I believe her point was that he never gave her the opportunity to try and carry both once he criticized how she was initially holding it. She went to hold it like he told her to and than he just took it out of his hands.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

There was a conversation between Jenna and the other stews toward the beginning of the show about her service standards.  I thought I heard her say that she didn't want them to hold the plates with their thumbs on the top (the way most people normally carry plates, and the way Adam holds the plates when he serves).  I think Georgia took that to heart and was trying to carry plates with her hand flat under the bottom without touching the top, and Adam thought that was ridiculous and likely to lead to dropping.  Jenna and Adam need to clarify how they both want the plates to be handled.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, StardustMemories said:

There was a conversation between Jenna and the other stews toward the beginning of the show about her service standards.  I thought I heard her say that she didn't want them to hold the plates with their thumbs on the top (the way most people normally carry plates, and the way Adam holds the plates when he serves).  I think Georgia took that to heart and was trying to carry plates with her hand flat under the bottom without touching the top, and Adam thought that was ridiculous and likely to lead to dropping.  Jenna and Adam need to clarify how they both want the plates to be handled.

I had the same thought. If you aren't allowed to touch the top of the plate, it seems pretty precarious. Is the solution to use a napkin to shield the thumb?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, NannyBails said:

Dear Adam,  invite me next time you need to cook vegan.  It’s really not hard to use spices to flavor things.

I got the impression that his vegan food was fine (for both vegans and non-vegans). I thought that one person was just being a &*^%$. It seemed the non-vegans were being kind of jerky in general -- like "Ooo yeah! Meat!!!" 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I got the impression that his vegan food was fine (for both vegans and non-vegans). I thought that one person was just being a &*^%$. It seemed the non-vegans were being kind of jerky in general -- like "Ooo yeah! Meat!!!" 

I wasn’t clear in what I meant; sorry.  He was shown several times complaining about the lack of taste in vegan food  and that’s what I was commenting on.   As someone who eats a plant-based diet, I get tired of chefs acting like they don’t know how to cook something I can eat.  It’s not that hard. 

That being said, I agree that the food looked fine - and tasty.  So Adam may have just been complaining for show. 

• Love 5

For all we know they weren't real vegans and they ate meat after the cameras stopped rolling.

Vegans would demand to make sure they don't use the same pans or pots to cook the meat dishes with the vegan dishes.

Not even the same cutting boards, knives, forks or any implement use in the preparation of the food.

When Adam said bacon makes everything taste good, ir reminded me that fast food execs have a similar mentality which is why they put bacon in so many sandwiches and burger.  That and if they get a real good price on the bacon.

47 minutes ago, scrb said:

Vegans would demand to make sure they don't use the same pans or pots to cook the meat dishes with the vegan dishes.

Vegans like all human beings behave in many different ways. Some vegans are fine with pots and pans that have been used as long as they have been cleaned, same with the a grill/cooktop as long as there isn’t cross contamination and others are more stringent.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12

Adam you can go back to your van in the wilderness with your dog anytime now. He’s being a jerk trying to impress Jenna. I will give him credit for not sleeping with her while she was intoxicated. Madison and Georgia are such a great team. Putting Paget and Ciara to work together wasn’t Glenn’s best idea. Hopefully he’ll quickly learn that production isn’t always right. Byron is quickly becoming my favorite. I like his overall personality and dry sense of humor.

• Love 6

I don’t like Adam or Jenna they are assholes. Their flirting is annoying and pretty rude she ran to Adam after talking to Georgia. Then Madison is trying to talk to her and she laughs like a bitch to Adam after saying she wasn’t listening. They can both fuck off.

If I was going on a luxury vacation I would not go on a sailing boat. Greece is beautiful but sailing is stupid and seems cramped to me lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Vegans like all human beings behave in many different ways. Some vegans are fine with pots and pans that have been used as long as they have been cleaned, same with the a grill/cooktop as long as there isn’t cross contamination and others are more stringent.

This is true, There are also vegans like me that choose to eat a plant based diet to lessen the carbon footprint they leave behind. In my case it doesn't much matter to me what was in the pot or pan previously, just what is in it presently.

(A side note,-even with all his complaining, I thought the food Adam made looked pretty good.)

Edited by elsie
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, ava111 said:

The guest Whitney was season 10 winner of American next top model. Was driving me crazy how familiar she looked but her imdb has nothing but her IG has pictures.

That’s so funny!  As I watched I was thinking hmm how funny that her name is Whitney and she looks a lot like Whitney from ANTM.  The voice threw me off, last night I thought I heard a southern twang that she didn’t have on ANTM.

Yeah Paget definitely banged Ciara when she was underage.

Still 💕 Glenn and Byron but definitely dislike Jenna.  She is so rude and dismissive to her own staff while cozying up to Adam.  Pathetic.

I loved what Georgia said: ‘Respect existence or expect resistance.’  I want that on a t-shirt.

• Love 6

I believe the woman who said she couldn't taste most of that one dish was shown later smoking.  She probably has killed her taste buds.

In the long shots of Madison running around in her toga with bright red lipstick it was very disconcerting--looked like a red rubber band flying around in a hazy mist of paleness.  

I like Glenn including his goofy dad humor and his amazing magnetic reading glasses.  Of all the couple dozen pairs that are floating around here, I don't have any like that!  I suspect those stay on better on a boat.

Paget and Ciara's bickering is annoying.  She is whiny, but he is kinda jerky.  But a saint compared to this past season's below deck "Brus."  She fussed and fussed until she got a toga.  I remember a classmate of my son's who fussed and fussed his senior year until he got to speak at graduation alongside another student (small school, long story) and I thought it was rather immature even at that age.

Have they ever ironed sheets on the bed on any of the other iterations of BD?  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Jobiska said:

I feel like we've seen them iron sheets at least once before.  For reason I think it was on Med.  They were being rolled through some kind of ironing contraption and someone was doing it wrong.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Jobiska said:

1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

I feel like we've seen them iron sheets at least once before.  For reason I think it was on Med.  They were being rolled through some kind of ironing contraption and someone was doing it wrong.

But they were actually.... ironing the sheets.... ON the bed. I guess that makes them nice! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm not quite sure what to think of the season so far.  I find the idea of the sailing yacht interesting, but I feel like the show itself is kind of boring.  Everyone is acting too well adjusted, there are no drunken brawls and the bitchiness level is fairly low.  Maybe things will pick up as the season continues. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, dleighg said:

But they were actually.... ironing the sheets.... ON the bed. I guess that makes them nice! 

LOL, I missed that scene!  They probably don't have room for the sheet ironing machine so they have to do it the old fashioned way.  Um, because everyone knows that old timey people ironed their sheets on their beds. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I'm not quite sure what to think of the season so far.  I find the idea of the sailing yacht interesting, but I feel like the show itself is kind of boring.  Everyone is acting too well adjusted, there are no drunken brawls and the bitchiness level is fairly low.  Maybe things will pick up as the season continues. 

That is what makes it a breath of fresh air.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I like the change, to be honest.  It'd be nice to get a view of a functional team rather than a collection of people most of whom couldn't hold down a job away from the show.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Yeah. I'm not feeling this show or the cast/crew members. I've tried, I really have. But I'm just not into it. 

I like that Bravo airs new shows but this one, so far, sucks. I'm ready to jump overboard.

20 hours ago, scrb said:I don't know about 5-star hotels but most hotels don't even swap out the sheets every day any more.

I’ve stayed in some pretty fancy places - like the other guests are sheiks, there’s 10 year olds covered in diamonds in the elevator, there’s a Bugatti in valet, and I’m wondering wtf I’m doing there.  I haven’t had sheets swapped out daily in recent memory and there’s usually a little note somewhere about how it isn’t good for the environment to do daily fresh linens, but they always still change out the towels.  

• Love 2
On 2/19/2020 at 2:08 PM, txhorns79 said:

I think the previews for "this season" showed fireworks to come.

And it's sad that lack of drama equates to boring.

Guess Bravo knows its audiences better than we'd like to think

But these shows are so formulaic, crew in tight quarters, expected to go out on drunken nights between charters, with charter guests who are themselves products of stunt casting, etc.

So within this formula, the cast and the guests are prodded, manipulated to provoke confrontations.  That is if they weren't already inclined to behave this way because that's what they're trying to cast for.

Ever since Puck, reality TV shows are trying to cast their own Pucks or create them.

• Love 3

Paget and Ciara's relationship seems very dysfunctional. Ciara's whole identity from when she was 15 seems to be based around her friendship and then romantic relationship with Paget. She never got the opportunity to explore who she is as an individual. Also, Paget is very dismissive of Ciara considering she's supposed to be the woman he loves. He's either teasing her or getting frustrated and snapping at her. Most of the time they seem more like brother and sister than a couple.

I'm kind of hoping this show will be the motivation they need to end their relationship, or at least take a break. I think it would be healthy for both of them.

• Love 5
On 2/18/2020 at 1:31 AM, biakbiak said:

In the first ep she said that they had been friends a long time and that her parents bought a catamaran when she was 15 and her parents hired him to be the captain but they have only been dating for 4 years. I also side eye her immediately having an answer for his age but dating “I think I was 18”.

Yes! She is all over with the timelines. I recall a version of the story where she said they "were friends for a long time, THEN moved in together to save $$$ THEN decided to date." Hmm. Even if it's the case, it seemed very inorganic like there were spreadsheets and powerpoints that lead to a decision to date. They're awkward and I believe he's checked out.

• Love 1
(edited)

Just wandered in here, first episode in, but Georgia's whininess is already annoying.

She went to her chief stew to talk about a work problem who went and spoke to the other person. That's how it works. She's your boss, not your friend. 

I really have a bias against anyone under 25 or so talking about respect. They need to respect me. No bitch, you earn respect.

I'm also not predisposed to like women who say they arentfriends with other women because (some bullshit.)

Jenna is trying qay hard to be cool for Adam.

Adam has never shown himself as a good chef on these shows. I don't know why he keeps getting hired.

The couple is awful.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 1