Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Joyce's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Eating habit update: Just made hot chocolate (Archer Farms Dark Chocolate) and may have added a tablespoon or two of Baileys to it.

Where did the little dog come from?! Did they always have a little dog?

I think it’s her mother’s dog.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, OlyBinewski said:

Season 2, Episode 3

Buckle up, it's an ugly ride.

Yup.  As in borrowed money from friends and family to finance trip to Houston, then ended up  failing beyond miserably and going back home.  And a while lotta bad attitude in between.  

On a related note....she's cooking in bed!   Penny fried wontons from bed!!!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I once had a very life-like dream about the first day of school after spring break.  I dreamed of coming in, writing down the schedule for the new quarter, going to class, talking with my classmates, coming home, doing homework, going to bed.  Then my alarm sounded, I woke up, and I was fully convinced it was not Monday but Tuesday then my Mom told me that no, it was Monday and the first day of the quarter.  Funny, but the real schedule was exactly like I dream (the classes I already new, but the exact order was not known until the actual first day of class!).

When I was in the 2nd grade I didn’t have my homework.  I told the teacher I dreamed I did it.  She said that wasn’t acceptable.  I told her in my dream she said it was alright.  I got a double assignment of spelling words for my dream. I think that was because I asked if she could prove we were actually awake and not just in the same dream. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

1,200 calories is less than most slices of Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake or many restaurant entrees.  You think she has the discipline to not clear the plate? 

Oreo Dream Extreme Cheesecake

Nutrition Facts

Oreo Dream Extreme CheesecakeOreo Dream Extreme Cheesecake

Amount Per 1 piece1 piece

Calories 1630

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 98 g150%

Saturated fat 57 g285%

Trans fat 3 g

Cholesterol 285 mg95%

Sodium 860 mg35%

Total Carbohydrate 179 g59%

Dietary fiber 7 g28%

Sugar 135 g

Protein 17 g34%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
20 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Oh Camille had nothing on you lady, I love her lying sideways in the chair "having a heart attack"

Her fakey face doing that was the highlight for me 😂 

💯 convinced she wanted a hospital ride to avoid walking out over that threshold. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

You know, walking to and from my car in addition to teaching juniors all day is really too much, especially without 35000 calories a day, 2 full time caregivers, and an all I can snort oxygen buffet. I think my job should provide me a limousine transport. Or a helicopter. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
Just now, mmecorday said:

Mom grew up in a 'very violent' family. Her mother was Ma Barker!

Ha! But if her family was violent, why did she think it was a good idea to leave Joyce with them! 

Lola's 2-for-2 with the outfits today. Love it! And she gave good advice, too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

That is a MASSIVE Quick Trip mug.  You know it isn't full of water, either.

Its full of gravy. or melted butter.

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I swear I can see Lola's eyelash glue every time she blinks and it bothers me. 

I am in awe that you can even look at the screen long enough to notice! I'm so busy reading and typing I mostly only listen to the show!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

She looks like Mr. Potato head, except it's a nearly spherical body on which a small(ish) head (the part above the neck, which drowns in the overall roundness anyway), hands (on half-arms) and feet (on half-legs) are attached!

• Love 2
Just now, CringeWatcher said:

You know, walking to and from my car in addition to teaching juniors all day is really too much, especially without 35000 calories a day, 2 full time caregivers, and an all I can snort oxygen buffet. I think my job should provide me a limousine transport. Or a helicopter. 

I agree, I told my boss I wanted a tiara and a pony but I think I'll go with limousine next time with an oxygen chaser.

• LOL 6

Here’s what I notice. The voiceovers always sound so whiny. It’s how they’re written. She said...since I’ve been home I’ve been doing really good and losing weight “but it’s been really hard for me

Ive been doing good and losing weight but it’s been hard. Or it’s been hard work. Both sound much less whiny then the it’s been really hard for me turns it into self pity. 
the writers are not doing these folks any favors. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

How can Lola avoid starting at that warty fat bag hanging down towards the floor right in front of her face???

I wonder about dermatologists. They stress through years of college and medical school, making sacrifices and earning top marks, and then spend their working life looking at people’s nasty sores.

• Love 3

So in Joyce's post-therapy session VO she says, well I didn't say something that I really wanted to say to my mom. So I don't think the therapy is going to work.

Yeah, Joyce. Nothing works, does it? Not Dr. Now's diet. Not the scale. And now, not therapy. 

• Love 9
Just now, Chicklet said:

I agree, I told my boss I wanted a tiara and a pony but I think I'll go with limousine next time with an oxygen chaser.

I will settle for a castle in the Alps, and I am willing to hike up the mountain all on my own two feet!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Joyce: can't talk about the important things with a therapist.
Also Joyce: talks allll about the important things to a television producer who is sitting off camera,

K.

Because the therapist might see through her bullshit.  
Joyce - shifting eyes rapidly from left to right - um, I was abused, yeah, that's the ticket!

• Love 8