Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Travis's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Reminds me of the time we had a lively discussion about peeling cucumbers! 

I love you. Run away with me. 

Can it be a commune? Can I join?

"I'm too tired to do anything than play on my phone while the world revolves around me."

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

We keep saying this guy is lazy (and he is), but I wonder if he legitimately is having breathing trouble and maybe heart issues and that's why he is having trouble helping.

Oh wow- someone who managed to eat healthy while moving!  Is this a first?!

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

That's a bad sign.   The new apartment has been a struggle?  How, he obviously isn't paying for it, Yasmin is, and the wife, and friends are moving him, so the only stress will be when he flunks the weigh in, and Dr. Now goes full enraged Lil Now Now on him soon.     

At least the mother gets her apartment back.   

I bet their 'designer' stuff is all knock offs.  

He's too tired?   He didn't move anything.    His friend is huge too.  Mom needs a diet before she drops dead.    Grilled nuggets would be on Dr. Now's plan, but not that salad.   I wonder what dressing he put on it?    I bet that's a few thousand calories with whatever dressing he dumped on it.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, DropTheSoap said:

"I'm too tired to do anything than play on my phone while the world revolves around me."

Save room at the commune for me!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I have always wondered why Dr. Now gives them a target weight within x amount of months.  A friend of mine who weighed 480 was told to lose 10% before he could get the surgery.  Also, he did that within 6 months. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I feel like any time poutine comes up in an internet forum, it leads to a discussion on poutine including but not limited to: the best kinds of poutine, what restaurants sell it and which ones shouldn't, brown sauce versus gravy, a side bar on cheese curds, and the random three people that are like "EWWWW!"

Cannot abide anything on fries, except salt. YMMV 😉

• Love 3
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

That's a bad sign.   The new apartment has been a struggle?  How, he obviously isn't paying for it, Yasmin is, and the wife, and friends are moving him, so the only stress will be when he flunks the weigh in, and Dr. Now goes full enraged Lil Now Now on him soon.     

At least the mother gets her apartment back.   

I bet their 'designer' stuff is all knock offs.  

He's too tired?   He didn't move anything.    His friend is huge too.  Mom needs a diet before she drops dead.    Grilled nuggets would be on Dr. Now's plan, but not that salad.   I wonder what dressing he put on it?    

"Lil Now Now" OMG 😂with his blinged-out stethoscope--that's perfect.  What would his first single to drop on Spotify be, I wonder?  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
Just now, Callaphera said:

Aren't they also, like, 9000 calories?

I think if you skip the dressing - which I almost always do (dressing is so fattening), it's not too bad calorie wise.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Gosh darn it - I got these little 'chocolate discs' from Imperfect Foods. They just melt in your mouth. I believe I have some right in my desk drawer here. Why yes, here they are. Just waiting. Thanks for reminding me.😃

I got those too!  Imperfect foods is feeling pretty perfect to me.

Mom's ass is about five axe handles wide.  She may not want to lecture others on learning to eat better. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Concerned said:

Wonder if the girlfriend (who was dumped by her husband) and the mother over feed him to keep him around. That salad looks good, but not portion controlled.

See "prison husband upgrade" comment by @Brooklynista.  Brilliant analysis.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DropTheSoap said:

I just read 'Out to Change the World: The Evolution of The Farm Community' by Douglas Stevenson yesterday. I remember when The Farm people came to Ann Arbor to recruit. Some of my friends went to the meeting, but I don't know if anyone actually went to Tennessee.  They've done some good work, but I think it was at a cost. I'm glad I didn't go. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

We keep saying this guy is lazy (and he is), but I wonder if he legitimately is having breathing trouble and maybe heart issues and that's why he is having trouble helping.

I'm thinking the same thing. Dr. Now specifically mentioned pulmonary system problems in the VO after Travis' first appointment. 

• Love 3

Healthy food, prepared properly is delicious.  These patients never seem to enjoy their food. If they liked it, they may be more committed. It’s like they are being punished. The formula needs to change.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Aren't they also, like, 9000 calories?

From what I can find, they're not bad. They are 380 without dressing, so a good choice considering his previous eating habit. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

"Lil Now Now" OMG 😂with his blinged-out stethoscope--that's perfect.  What would his first single to drop on Spotify be, I wonder?  

To the tune of OPP....

”You’re up to 603...don’t lie to me....”

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Well shit, the Llama and his tongue is leaving! Aaaaaaand ***** drum roll ***** it's Drew Carey!!!

Back to Travis. He's got a really young looking mom who is exactly right, both he and his wife need to do this diet together.

FWIW, I am pretty much over all of the M600PL poundticipants having to move to Houston. Never asked but would love to know if this a requirement for all of his patients or just a stunt orchestrated by TLC over the years.

Yay, 516 pounds! You go Travis and I love it that he has manners unlike recent subjects No sad endings okay TLC?

• Love 7

Since I get home from work with 5 minutes to spare before East Coast Live Chat I feed the cats and log on.  I just now fixed my dinner:  my eating habit tonight is homemade meatloaf, mashed potatoes (NOT "buds") and brussels sprouts leftover from Sunday--still good!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I just read 'Out to Change the World: The Evolution of The Farm Community' by Douglas Stevenson yesterday. I remember when The Farm people came to Ann Arbor to recruit. Some of my friends went to the meeting, but I don't know if anyone actually went to Tennessee.  They've done some good work, but I think it was at a cost. I'm glad I didn't go. 

The Farm? In Tennessee? Kinda culty. My brother tried to join but they didn't let him because he's obnoxious. 

Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

Healthy food, prepared properly is delicious.  These patients never seem to enjoy their food. If they liked it, they may be more committed. It’s like they are being punished. The formula needs to change.

Exactly. The people who don't succeed don't because they regard eating healthy as punishment-a life sentence of "never eating anything good". 

• Love 3

Didn't they have to meet two weight loss goals before being approved before? This season has been all, "Well, you did it once so you must be able to do it forever. You get a surgery and you get a surgery and EVERYBODY GETS A SURGERY... except Gina because she sucks."

I'm letting the horrible sentence structure stand because I care about as much as I care about this episode.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3