Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Travis's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, fonfereksglen said:

Poutine is healthier.

I dunno about that. I can eat my weight in poutine. Even the bad stuff from fast food restaurants. Except McDonald's poutine - that shit is an abomination and they should have been kicked out of Canada just for adding it to the menu... oh, wait, they have spicy habanero McChickens now. Never mind, they can stay. 

• LOL 6

Someone needs to confiscate Yasmin's wardrobe of exercise leggings, and tank tops, and please no cold shoulder tops.    That poor van, and now that poor car are being asked to pull a lot of weight. 

24 pounds down to 593 is poor performance.    I bet the pizza delivery guy dropped in a few times a week. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I've seen a few of the foot show, I like it. Dr. Ebonie is GREAT. 

The male Dr went to DPM school with my surgeon. I think I like it because I have a degenerative bone disease in both feet that causes my bones to turn mush and dislocate. Both feet have been reconstructed, many with the disease face amputation. So when they say “big toe” tonight I kind of wonder what the big deal is. Just my perspective. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

They do? They didn't in my school. I had home ec/shop class in grade 8 and took cooking class as an elective in grade 9 and 10 and there was no nutrition taught. Lots of english muffin pizzas and chocolate chip cookies, no calories. 

The first thing we learned in Home Ec. was how to make white sauce.  We also made some kind of biscuit from scratch involving cheese and tomato juice.

We did learn to use sewing machines and to sew from patterns, which was useful.

I also learned on a manual typewriter in Typing class.  I learned to drive a stick-shift.

Edited by Carboncat
remembered something
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Do y’all think the people on the Feet and Pimple Popper boards see 600 lb life commercials and wonder who on earth is watching that like we do about them? 🤔

• LOL 24
6 minutes ago, aliya said:

My son is 42. They had nutrition even back when he was in grade school. They took home ec (with the nutrition) 1 term and shop the next. Boys and girls took both courses. 

Good Lord - she walks in the door and he's asking about dinner? It's a good thing she doesn't conceal carry, 'cause there's not a jury of women that would convict her. 

I'm 39. We didn't have home ec, and they didn't teach nutrition at all during my k-12 years. That's definitely a regional thing. 

Of course he's hungry. He's had a long day of eating snacks! 🤣🤣🤣

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Counterpoint: I order something called a Spicy Perogy pizza (Canadians say heeeey!) which is: a sour cream base, sliced spicy potatoes, cheddar and mozza blend, bacon, and green onions. Lemme tell you, that needs to be dipped in spicy mayo. Like, there's just no way around it. Plain mayo is acceptable but spicy is best. 

That's so weird, dipping doesn't add to or subtract anything from it!

• Love 1
Just now, Callaphera said:

Except McDonald's poutine

WHAAAAT?! McDonald's has poutine in Canada?! TELL ME MORE.

Also, everyone's eating habits are a whole lot more interesting than this episode.

Just now, Gbb said:

Do y’all think the people on the Feet and Pimple Popper boards see 600 lb life commercials and wonder who on earth is watching that like we do about them? 🤔

I watch them all. 🤦🏾‍♀️🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Gbb said:

Shoot, I'm a weirdo and watch 'em all! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, WonTon said:

Ugh, "My Feet are Killing Me!!" Please stop! What's next? "I Have 12 Elbows."

At least that awful family nail show seems to be gone! 

I can't stand Anna Kendrick! Edited to add...and her resting bitch face

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

Sticking with an eating plan is tough, but damn, being on tv would keep my ass on track. 

Not that I want to be on TV but I could sure use the accountability!!  

• Love 4
Just now, Hellga said:

That's so weird, dipping doesn't add to or subtract anything from it!

It adds spicy mayo to the pizza. Spicy. Mayo. 

Makes sense to me.

Just now, Giant Misfit said:

WHAAAAT?! McDonald's has poutine in Canada?! TELL ME MORE.

So bad. So so bad. And expensive. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Feel free--I stole it! Wish I could remember who I stole it from because it genius!

I didn't know there were others besides brother from another mother and sister from another mister.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Feel free--I stole it! Wish I could remember who I stole it from because it genius!

Too true!  I can rotate this with "My Sister from another Mister" now.

• Love 2

What I have been able to ascertain thus far is that they episode is quite boring.   Evidence: page amount, monotone script reading, poutine discussion, Dr. Ebonie and the feet killing discussion, home ec., ect...nearly ANYTHING, but Travis.

I think I will get a proper dinner...back soon.  Ha!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Gbb said:

💯

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Concerned said:

Even if you didn’t learn nutrition in high school, there’s plenty of information online, on YouTube, and in books. This guy needs a subscription to Men’s Health magazine.

I’m amazed at how some people are online around the clock but never manage to read anything educational.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

They probably cut it along with the arts and music programs because who needs those!

Arts, music and sports help poor people get out of poverty. Can't have that. And nutrition education? How would the fast food industry make money if people ate healthy? And, to be totally cynical, making people fat and useless keeps them from rising up against the prolotariat. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
Just now, umgoblue said:

What I have been able to ascertain thus far is that they episode is quite boring.   Evidence: page amount, monotone script reading, poutine discussion, Dr. Ebonie and the feet killing discussion, home ec., ect...nearly ANYTHING, but Travis.

I feel like any time poutine comes up in an internet forum, it leads to a discussion on poutine including but not limited to: the best kinds of poutine, what restaurants sell it and which ones shouldn't, brown sauce versus gravy, a side bar on cheese curds, and the random three people that are like "EWWWW!"

• LOL 9

Where is Travis getting money to afford Balenciaga sneakers?! And I spied an LV and Gucci bag in that pile, too! If you have that kind of coin, get a better apartment!

1 minute ago, Concerned said:

Even if you didn’t learn nutrition in high school, there’s plenty of information online, on YouTube, and in books. This guy needs a subscription to Men’s Health magazine.

This leads me to my usual comment - They knew enough to refer to 'Dr Now' when talking to each other about the 1st visit. Why don't any of these people look for the diet online and try to lose a little weight at least, or try eating different foods, before they go to Houston? I don't understand them. You can't be bothered to even try a diet at home, but go to Houston and it's "1200 calories? No carbs? No problem, Doc." Please.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Reminds me of the time we had a lively discussion about peeling cucumbers! 

1 minute ago, DEG9 said:

Arts, music and sports help poor people get out of poverty. Can't have that. And nutrition education? How would the fast food industry make money if people ate healthy? And, to be totally cynical, making people fat and useless keeps them from rising up against the prolotariat. 

I love you. Run away with me. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
Just now, DropTheSoap said:

Hey Pounders -- I'm late tonight. Guess he missed first goal, eh?

My eating habit tonight was 2 squares of 78% dark chocolate.

Gosh darn it - I got these little 'chocolate discs' from Imperfect Foods. They just melt in your mouth. I believe I have some right in my desk drawer here. Why yes, here they are. Just waiting. Thanks for reminding me.😃

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4