Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, PepperM said:

My perspective on this is the same as the draft last night - regardless of whether or not there is a season, the girls who make the team this year will still get to say that they've been on the team, do appearances, social media, and charity work. They'll still get their pinky rings even if they never get the chance to have their boots on the field in front of thousands of fans and national television. They'll still have that veteran status when it comes to auditioning the year after. I think it's still worth it to have a full team. But maybe that's just me, idk.

A full team to do what? Appearances only? They only send out a few for each appearance and I doubt they’ll have that many if people are still restricted in the coming months. And I don’t think a dancer should gain the vet status by going on appearances in grocery stores instead of actually performing.

that’s not really the reason why I think they won’t go with a full squad though -charlotte doesn’t even want to pay for a 37th person to be on the field. I don’t see how she will accept the cost of 36 dancers who can’t perform, unless of course they call half of the girls “alternates” and pay only the ones who get to perform or go in appearances- but then we would have 36 girls having to adhere to all rules for the chance to get paid once in a while.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

On DCC instagram they posted video's of girls that took KaShara's online prep class.  I'm not sure if they are auditioning, just an observation.   But I thought I would share just in case they could be.  

@crystalssglamour :  if you look at her wall, you can see a ton of DCC pictures, and it appears she may have been a part of DCC academy at one point. 

image0 (2).jpeg

IMG_9670.jpg

image1 (33).jpeg

• Love 6
6 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

On DCC instagram they posted video's of girls that took KaShara's online prep class.  I'm not sure if they are auditioning, just an observation.   But I thought I would share just in case they could be.  

@crystalssglamour :  if you look at her wall, you can see a ton of DCC pictures, and it appears she may have been a part of DCC academy at one point. 

image0 (2).jpeg

IMG_9670.jpg

image1 (33).jpeg

I like the first one, but she seems a bit young? Good on her for taking all the online prep classes, but I don’t think she’s ready yet.

Just a thought though, I truly hope they will continue with at least some online prep classes in the next years as well. I’m assuming they get even more people signing up as they don’t need to pay to get to Dallas and i’m sure these prep classes are good for those planning to audition to other teams too. It may give the opportunity for more girls to audition since few people have the means to fly to Texas multiple times just to get seen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 4/25/2020 at 1:51 AM, DCC-UK said:

You hit the nail on the head. They like individuality as long as you look like everyone else. I mean we shouldn't expect more from a woman who thinks diversity = hair colour.

If you watch Kats insta takeover she says she loves her natural hair but it's easier to wear and take care of wigs especially when dancing. This could be why other WOC get their hair straightened so that it's easier to care for. Idk for sure but tight curls on courser hair could be hard to care for when doing a lot of intense exercise

Edited by Jesiklyn
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I like the first one, but she seems a bit young? Good on her for taking all the online prep classes, but I don’t think she’s ready yet.

Just a thought though, I truly hope they will continue with at least some online prep classes in the next years as well. I’m assuming they get even more people signing up as they don’t need to pay to get to Dallas and i’m sure these prep classes are good for those planning to audition to other teams too. It may give the opportunity for more girls to audition since few people have the means to fly to Texas multiple times just to get seen.

Yeh...just by the decor in her room....I'm guessing MAYBE 15-16 at the most?  She may very well be older but she certainly doesn't look or act it.  She has the choreo down but not the "moves" if that makes sense. The second girl reminds me of Kristin Dodd just a little bit...I think it's the eyes more than anything... and the third one, she reminds me a little of a cross between Cristi Fisher and Madi Allemier.  🙂

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DCCFan123 said:

I wonder who her “dream team” is.

Definitely not a way to endear yourself.

She meand DCC, but I dont know why she os saying the audition is in August

35 minutes ago, Jennv said:

She meand DCC, but I dont know why she os saying the audition is in August

I have no an actually the submissions are due til the 15th of May they open up in a week to take them 

17 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

7E3BEF24-657B-4FFC-826E-8ABDFAC2D9E7.jpeg

I'm all for confidence but she speaks like she has already made the team, esp in the comments. From the post she has been training with an ex rhythm dancer and ex chiefs cheerleader but for what I saw she doesnt really match what Judy and Kelly go for. Hard to tell since there are so few dance videos

Edited by Jesiklyn
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

I'm all for confidence but she speaks like she has already made the team, esp in the comments. From the post she has been training with an ex rhythm dancer and ex chiefs cheerleader but for what I saw she doesnt really match what Judy and Kelly go for. Hard to tell since there are so few dance videos

Meh, I'm not impressed. There is a thin line between confidence and arrogance, and she crossed it with the "It's my time to join the sisterhood" along with a side portion of "Jesus is on my side"

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Meh, I'm not impressed. There is a thin line between confidence and arrogance, and she crossed it with the "It's my time to join the sisterhood" along with a side portion of "Jesus is on my side"

Well, we will have to see what the "Gate Keepers of the Sisterhood" 😉 think of this candidate?  

• LOL 11

I was just thinking with the COVID-19 quarantine issue, how are these girls getting their hair done before submitting their videos? Will the judges show some mercy for girls who haven’t been able to get to the salon? Lol Is Texas reopening any businesses/salons? I’m in Jersey and only our state parks have opened. 

There’s no way I’d be touching my own hair, let alone box dying my hair in these times. Lol 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I was just thinking with the COVID-19 quarantine issue, how are these girls getting their hair done before submitting their videos? Will the judges show some mercy for girls who haven’t been able to get to the salon? Lol Is Texas reopening any businesses/salons? I’m in Jersey and only our state parks have opened. 

There’s no way I’d be touching my own hair, let alone box dying my hair in these times. Lol 

No salons are opening as if yet so they will have to do their own hair 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Here in Ky they've set the schedule for a "phased" reopening.  Salons are May 25

Well if you too follow the rules we have in most european countries, you can only visit a salon with an appointment and there are limits on how many people can have appointments at the same time. They haven’t opened yet, but most are reporting that they are fully booked until end of june...

• Love 2
7 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I was just thinking with the COVID-19 quarantine issue, how are these girls getting their hair done before submitting their videos?

I don't know where I saw this, maybe when they initially announced virtual auditions, but I think it was Kelli who specifically said not to worry about roots/hair since there's not a thing they can do about it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
On 4/9/2020 at 1:38 PM, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t see how they can objectively judge pre recorded videos. Assuming that the girls chosen for semis and finals are actually good, all of them will be submitting videos that are as perfect as possible -no in the moment mistakes or anything. I’m guessing they will select girls who have been in prep classes or know one of the alumnae etc.

I agree. They should do semis and finals via zoom. It would take a long time, but each girl would have to perform live at their given time slot. That way, they can still evaluate if a girl can pick up and perform choreography quickly or not. Just a thought. 

• Love 5
On 4/14/2020 at 6:24 AM, dreamcatcher said:

I guess they would still keep the vets for appearances, calendars etc only. But yeah no point in having a full squad if they’re not able to perform.

honestly, without a vaccine and given that it probably won’t just go away on its own, I don’t think it’s wise to move whole teams around, to let people gather in crowded places etc. but i also don’t see the point in having a season without crowds? But i’m not their target audience sooo...

My friend who lives outside of Atlanta, said she walked past a bunch of restaurants a couple of days ago, and they were packed. No social distancing, and definitely no masks. If people want things to open up, then they need to be smart and follow the guidelines, otherwise, by the fall, we will be back to stay at home orders. That would be the one thing that could cause the football season not to move forward. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, AAT said:

My friend who lives outside of Atlanta, said she walked past a bunch of restaurants a couple of days ago, and they were packed. No social distancing, and definitely no masks. If people want things to open up, then they need to be smart and follow the guidelines, otherwise, by the fall, we will be back to stay at home orders. That would be the one thing that could cause the football season not to move forward. 

Georgia is opened up fully 

• Useful 1
25 minutes ago, AAT said:

That and people thinking the rules don't apply to them.  A drive by is so nice but if you are getting out of the car to take a pix you know they are all going to stand around and visit wearing no masks.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AAT said:

I agree. They should do semis and finals via zoom. It would take a long time, but each girl would have to perform live at their given time slot. That way, they can still evaluate if a girl can pick up and perform choreography quickly or not. Just a thought. 

Not "just a thought", a very good thought!  How will they know if a candidate has a Morgan memory, the submission could be on the 15th try?

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not "just a thought", a very good thought!  How will they know if a candidate has a Morgan memory, the submission could be on the 15th try?

Exactly!  🙂

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

No.  We aren't.  Restaurants, hair and nails and (for some odd reason) bowling alleys with very strict rules.  But, yes, in ATL as elsewhere we have people who break the rules!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Opine said:

No.  We aren't.  Restaurants, hair and nails and (for some odd reason) bowling alleys with very strict rules.  But, yes, in ATL as elsewhere we have people who break the rules!

Oh ok 

1 hour ago, Opine said:

Right. I think it was way too early to lift restrictions, and I think the places that the governor chose to open are ridiculous (gyms, tattoo parlors, massage places), but there are strict rules - so strict that IMO, it makes more sense for restaurants to simply continue to just offer curbside and delivery. So, if a restaurant is “packed” then they’re out of compliance. Most restaurants that I’ve seen in ATL (at least around downtown/midtown) still seem to be closed to dine in service. I can’t speak for the more suburban areas or outer counties though.

As for football, if the option is sports and no fans vs no sports at all. Then, please have sports without fans!!! The NFL draft got such ratings because ppl have no sports to watch currently. Anything is better than nothing! However, I don’t see a need for cheerleaders without fans in the stand.

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 7

So I know we’ve talked about the new DMD team and I kinda haven’t expected any of them to try out again except maybe Julia, based on what we’ve seen, but then Raven Anzaldua just posted this on her Insta with that new “Which NFL Cheerleading team do you belong on” filter that Sarah Idziak used a few days ago. Is it weird that she’d only do like two performances with the new DMDs and then audition for DCC again? Or is that just me and that happens all the time with Dallas dancers?

95930B0A-4E36-4FB8-9F17-C235052CE45F.jpeg

• Useful 3

Is Stephanie D the coach for the new Mavs group? I can see her carrying the same attitude about those gals trying out that she did her Ice Angels. She doesn’t want to lose her best ones, for sure, but she has ties to the DCC organization too. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well if you too follow the rules we have in most european countries, you can only visit a salon with an appointment and there are limits on how many people can have appointments at the same time. They haven’t opened yet, but most are reporting that they are fully booked until end of june...

My salon opens 5/26 I assume since that's the day I got my appt.  I had an appointment for the day AFTER the cutoff for closing that she had to cancel so I just automatically assumed I'd be scheduled for her first day open. (this should probably be moved to PM or small talk)

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Holly85 said:

They are open up fully, but people were advised to still keep a social distance, and recommended to wear masks if in crowded places. Same in Florida. After a week of the beaches being open, and people not following guidelines, the numbers are up 25%. Sorry I'm not staying on DCC topic. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Opine said:

I didn't mean to insult Georgia, just using it as an example. My sister lives in Florida and it's the same there. It will be like that in a lot of places. Crazy people all over. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, AAT said:

I didn't mean to insult Georgia, just using it as an example. My sister lives in Florida and it's the same there. It will be like that in a lot of places. Crazy people all over. 

I didn't take it as an insult, sorry if it came across that way.  The gov has lifted the SIP except for at risk people (which is a whole lot if you read the list!), but we are still under a state of emergency.  Restaurants can open but only at 25% capacity and following certain rules.  Many are choosing not to open.  Some (not all) malls are open, but the stores in them are not all open.  Many are choosing not to open.  You can get your nails done, but you can't send your kids to school (absurd).  You can bowl, but you can't do many things.  Gyms are allowed to open, but many are choosing not to.  It is a weird world.   

• Love 2
(edited)

I bet there are girls auditioning who are going to drive two states away just to find an open salon to get their hair touched up beforehand 😄

...And I bet girls who stayed home and have some roots out are going to get compared negatively to them during deliberations.

Edited by phylogeny
  • Love 2

Did anyone see the birthday video to Judy? It was so cute. 

There was 1 girl I missed seeing - Bridget. I know she has been in Arizona. I am now starting to think she won't be coming back. I know that hasn't been confirmed, but it is looking more and more likely. There may have been more missing, but a missing Bridget stood out to me. 

Did anyone else see anyone missing?

• Useful 1
20 minutes ago, Tarode said:

Did anyone see the birthday video to Judy? It was so cute. 

There was 1 girl I missed seeing - Bridget. I know she has been in Arizona. I am now starting to think she won't be coming back. I know that hasn't been confirmed, but it is looking more and more likely. There may have been more missing, but a missing Bridget stood out to me. 

Did anyone else see anyone missing?

Lexie Brennan amber Gina Briana Ashlee a lot of the team didn’t do it 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Lexie Brennan amber Gina Briana Ashlee a lot of the team didn’t do it 

You're right - after I saw it again, I realized there were several not in it. I also noticed Christina was missing. 

6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

So I just listened to the just for kicks Kellie said there is actually 30 ladies coming back not 31 

So, Heather, Amy, Molly, Bridget (?) Christina (?) and Miranda (?) - who is #7????  Or is Kelli just confused cause she is used to having 36 on the squad🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 4/30/2020 at 5:23 PM, PepperM said:

So I know we’ve talked about the new DMD team and I kinda haven’t expected any of them to try out again except maybe Julia, based on what we’ve seen, but then Raven Anzaldua just posted this on her Insta with that new “Which NFL Cheerleading team do you belong on” filter that Sarah Idziak used a few days ago. Is it weird that she’d only do like two performances with the new DMDs and then audition for DCC again? Or is that just me and that happens all the time with Dallas dancers?

95930B0A-4E36-4FB8-9F17-C235052CE45F.jpeg

I think that the NBA halted the season right after the new dancers debuted.  Tara is also on that squad.

I agree Christina should retire.  Frankly, she should have been cut three years ago and never made the squad, much less make it back every year since.  Her solos have always been weak, some of the weakest on the squad and she has blended so much that, if she hadn't annoyed me with her excuses and her bad performances, I would have forgotten she was on the squad.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I believe this girl is auditioning based on the prep videos I’ve seen.

She was a Cavs dancer. 

52DE8DBA-9ED8-4741-9FCA-2ED722220CA9.jpeg

She has a prep choreo in her stories -I can’t say I’m a big fan, I would give it another year. But I also hope they will tone down the blonde during the makeovers, although it’s similar to Lexie’s so Kelli probably likes it... It just looks too fake and barbie-ish for me (on both ladies).

• Love 7

Ha! And here I am...oh she’s so cute! Tasha and Lexie vibes 😂  I feel like the DCC has to have a Barbie or two. I like a Tessa (TCC) or Mandy blonde bombshells, but I’m good with the whole just taking it one step too far gals too apparently. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4