Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is the calendar shoot won't be out of the country.    

I think they should do the shoot in Texas - help boost the local economy, allow things to settle down, etc.

• Love 6

I remember when Jenelle (spelling?) had to go renew her visa in Australia, got sick, and came back to training camp.    Yes, Yuko had to go back to Japan for her visa renewal also.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

So Julia is celebrating her birthday, and she celebrated by having a party at her house with at least three people in attendance.  I know of children who have had their birthday parties canceled due to coronavirus, but Julia seemingly doesn't care.  In fact, she openly advertised it on her Instagram account (as an insta story).  

She certainly has a reckless, the rules don't apply to me side that I find very unattractive.  I'm glad she was cut this year. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

So Julia is celebrating her birthday, and she celebrated by having a party at her house with at least three people in attendance.  I know of children who have had their birthday parties canceled due to coronavirus, but Julia seemingly doesn't care.  In fact, she openly advertised it on her Instagram account (as an insta story).  

She certainly has a reckless, the rules don't apply to me side that I find very unattractive.  I'm glad she was cut this year. 

Riley and Janie were the two that were over there 

14 hours ago, Opine said:

Five most popular over the life of MTT, 5 best dancers, 5 most awkard moments, 5 best comebacks, 5 youngest, 5 oldest, 5 shortest, 5 tallest, etc.

Top 5 DCC Forum posts! 😂

• Love 5
9 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I saw that....it sure doesn't score her any points with me. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I was under the impression they were her housemates! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I saw an interview a few days ago with Mark Cuban.  He said he is not letting his children go to their friends houses and their friends can't come to his house.  Period!

Last week was Cassie's daughter's birthday, as entitled as Cassie is and how much she loves having big parties for her children she did not have any of her daughters little friends over only family.  

I think it was extremely selfish of Julia.  She needs to learn that everyone needs to follow the rules.

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

No.  She only has one housemate, and that's Riley.

Now that's really annoyed me! We're on 'lockdown' in the UK but the minority seem to think it doesn't apply to them! It's a very entitled thing to do.

I'm classed as a key worker (I work in a post office) yet I'm risking my health to serve people who should be at home!

Somehow I don't think Julia will ever make it as a DCC now!

• Love 10

It would be certainly interesting... I’m not sure everyone can follow if they only have a video to go by and they won’t be getting any corrections. I’m sure they have figured out other options as well, but I’m thinking that they would prefer to go with a vets only squad if it wasn’t for the show.

Although, I’m sure we would all appreciate getting to know the other vets a bit and seeing new sections: what they do outside of dcc (they did 2-3 sections of this), group leaders leading practice, first game, calendar shoot if and wherever that happens. I don’t know, i think it would be good for the show actually.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

It would be certainly interesting... I’m not sure everyone can follow if they only have a video to go by and they won’t be getting any corrections. I’m sure they have figured out other options as well, but I’m thinking that they would prefer to go with a vets only squad if it wasn’t for the show.

Although, I’m sure we would all appreciate getting to know the other vets a bit and seeing new sections: what they do outside of dcc (they did 2-3 sections of this), group leaders leading practice, first game, calendar shoot if and wherever that happens. I don’t know, i think it would be good for the show actually.

I agree it would be interesting to have a change up and see more of what goes on behind the scenes and in practices. 

Submitted audition videos can be edited so I would assume they would be more likely to accept people that have been to the prep classes or that are known to TPTB already. 

It would seem to me to be much easier on TPTB to go with an all vet squad or if they don't have enough for a complete squad due to retirement invite a few that were cut in the last year or two onto the team.  

Another option is to just move auditions to late June take fewer people into training camp and cut training camp to say 6-8 weeks it would still work out just fine.  Just have CMT in there filming more often. 

• Love 6
On 3/29/2020 at 11:08 PM, SmpIsimon said:

I never liked her, and I was glad she got cut, and this only proves it. How can you be so openly irresponsible in a time like this? If she does make it back and somehow makes it to the interview or training camp, I hope they bombard her and ask her why in God's name she thought it was okay to have a party in the middle of an international pandemic.

*pissy about it because both mom, dad, and grandma on boyfriend's side are all immunocompromised and cannot take any chances. my birthday's also pretty much cancelled, but you don't see me saying "lol to hell with the CDC" and having a party.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, loveaux said:

I never liked her, and I was glad she got cut, and this only proves it. How can you be so openly irresponsible in a time like this? If she does make it back and somehow makes it to the interview or training camp, I hope they bombard her and ask her why in God's name she thought it was okay to have a party in the middle of an international pandemic.

*pissy about it because both mom, dad, and grandma on boyfriend's side are all immunocompromised and cannot take any chances. my birthday's also pretty much cancelled, but you don't see me saying "lol to hell with the CDC" and having a party.

One of the ladies that was there at her little get together is actually her roommate 

• Love 2

Interesting to hear about auditions and possibly some of TCC moving online by “virtual practices”

Making The Team is by favorite TV show but it has become a bit formulaic and stale in its 14 seasons. The new roster of rookies keeps things entertaining, but everything else is paint by numbers.  Maybe this new way of working will shake things up a bit, show us more of the behind the scenes, give different insight to the process or just change it completely. 

Obviously it’s a weird time in the world, and definitely not an ideal situation but I’m happy to hear they are hoping to continue with the show and maybe something interesting will come out of it. 

• Love 10
21 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Last week, four current DCC got together to practice kicks and posted it on IG.  Isn't that "irresponsible" as well?

I missed that. Who was it?

On 4/2/2020 at 5:55 AM, dreamcatcher said:

Totally...

I’m not sure what the situation is in the US, but we are currently on lockdown. However, when the first measures where implemented when you had to have a good reason to be out, having a gathering at home of 8 people max was just fine. Having a small gathering with friends at home is hardly irresponsible, especially when all of you are self isolating and even if you give it to one another you’re not going out to spread it more. 8 people was a bit much to me, but it sounds like Julia only invited 2 people?I understand things are uncertain but I think this hardly qualifies as a reckless behavior. Tell that to all these people who don’t believe this is a threat and refuse to stay home or refuse to close their business/stop working. Ooor maybe the head of states who refuse to take drastic measures....

Here in Ky we're not on "lockdown" but all restaurants that can't do carryout are closed.  Stores and businesses that aren't "essential" are closed.  Grocery stores are either trashed or just plain understocked.  I've been looking DAILY 2-3 places for toilet paper and only yesterday found some at my regular grocery.  Stuff that you wouldn't normally think of people hoarding they are.  Not sure I can take another month of this but according to what I've heard it could be "months".

Just seen on twitter (putting it here because it's about auditions)

Untitled.png

(edited)
20 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Here in Ky we're not on "lockdown" but all restaurants that can't do carryout are closed.  Stores and businesses that aren't "essential" are closed.  Grocery stores are either trashed or just plain understocked.  I've been looking DAILY 2-3 places for toilet paper and only yesterday found some at my regular grocery.  Stuff that you wouldn't normally think of people hoarding they are.  Not sure I can take another month of this but according to what I've heard it could be "months".

Just seen on twitter (putting it here because it's about auditions)

Untitled.png

Yeah they went to virtual like a lot of teams did !! She explained how it would go on the latest podcast she did with Judy and Lexie 

Edited by Holly85
Added something
  • Useful 1
On 4/1/2020 at 4:25 PM, CrazyMoon said:

I was thinking South Padre Island....but Lake Granbury would work well and be cost effective.

Ugh, beaches in Texas are not photogenic at all!  They could do a non-beach shoot at a resort, there are tons that would work well for a photo shoot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

Ugh, beaches in Texas are not photogenic at all!  They could do a non-beach shoot at a resort, there are tons that would work well for a photo shoot.

They could photo shop the background - I mean, they photo shop the girls beyond recognition sometimes - why not the scenery.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

They could photo shop the background - I mean, they photo shop the girls beyond recognition sometimes - why not the scenery.

They could use the pool area at the star the one that they used for that athletic run way show they did 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/30/2020 at 2:07 PM, Meleighsa said:

I tuned in for @ShellyB's online prep class Friday and she, Kelly, and Judy held an informative Q&A while they were waiting on tech issues to be resolved. 

Kelly said that they'll be doing an online application process with specific instructions on what to submit and how.  She went on to say that CMT hopes to use the online submissions, back story interviews, etc to detail the process, with film resuming for finals, only as permitted by health directives.  Of course, candidates travel will also be dictated by health directives from the government.

There will still be a training camp, although the format and length may need to be adjusted.  Stressing that she and the organization were figuring things out as the pandemic develops, Kelly explained that TCCs could learn the dances by video and conduct camp in that manner. 

Let me also say that all three ladies were gorgeous and engaging and I was fangirling out of my MIND! A few DCC were also logged in and Ashlee answered a girl's question, encouraging her (and everyone) not to let lack of dance experience keep you from trying out.

If I could draw (or photoshop), I’d have Judy screaming “LINES!!” into her laptop. 

Back on the boards and FINALLY watched this last season episodes! 
This season was the Meredith crybaby show for real. 
PLEASE TELL ME HOW IN THE HELLLLLLLLL SHE MADE THE TEAM?!!

I truly hope she does her brain a favor and doesn’t try out again. Who needs a 40 yr old looking, overly made up, slow to catch on dancer on the team!? 

My favorites that I hope return to try out on this  such a fair field of auditioning “online” are Gina and Madeline. Hope they knock some vets off the block.

We’re ready for you Nepotism. Corona ain’t got crap on you and this audition.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, RockYou said:

I truly hope she does her brain a favor and doesn’t try out again. Who needs a 40 yr old looking, overly made up, slow to catch on dancer on the team!? 

My favorites that I hope return to try out on this  such a fair field of auditioning “online” are Gina and Madeline. Hope they knock some vets off the block.

Welcome back 🙂 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, RockYou said:

Did Shaina “NOT” make it!? And Lily and Meredith did!??? What in the flipping world?

I felt like k and j wanted to cut one of them but decided last minute to keep them both 

1 hour ago, RockYou said:

Welcome back!  Enjoy the snark and the fun.  I can't wait for Finals and see who shows up and who gets cut.

1 hour ago, RockYou said:

Did Shaina “NOT” make it!? And Lily and Meredith did!??? What in the flipping world?

Sadly, Shaina didn't make it and Meredith did.  Lily earned this year, but now she's expected to up her game and I don't know if she can do that.  I feel that Meredith only made it because Kelli had a girl crush on her.  If Kelli repeats history (and there's an in-person Finals round), we'll see Meredith get cut at Finals for getting out-danced by just about everyone else.

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

I felt like k and j wanted to cut one of them but decided last minute to keep them both 

If anyone should have gotten cut last minute, it should have been Meredith, but Kelli just wanted to keep her because Meredith was just so darn pretty.  Too bad Meredith had so many memory mistakes and was out-danced by everyone.  I really want Madeline S. to come back, totally slay Training Camp, and be so amazing that Kelli can't justify cutting her.  I still feel that the main reason that Kelli cut Madeline was because she was a pretty blond legacy who could out-dance and out-perform a certain other pretty blond legacy and she couldn't have that so Kelli chose something minor to use as a reason to cut Madeline (because Kelli couldn't admit the "real" reason).

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Holly85 said:

They could use the pool area at the star the one that they used for that athletic run way show they did 

They use the Star enough during the DCC in motion videos, we don't need any more promotion of it in the calendars! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Okay so will Amy and Maddie be returning for Point?! 
Amanda is the perfect new point! 
🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

I can’t wait to see how they deal with selecting the team this year under these circumstances . Prayers to all those new candidates that will have to break down so many walls to even stand a chance.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, RockYou said:

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

I can’t wait to see how they deal with selecting the team this year under these circumstances . Prayers to all those new candidates that will have to break down so many walls to even stand a chance.

Amy is retiring, and Maddie hasn't said anything yet for sure, but I'm hoping she retires.  Sorry, but just not a fan of hers.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, RockYou said:

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

There are 31 ladies from this past seasons squad who are reauditioning 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Amy is retiring, and Maddie hasn't said anything yet for sure, but I'm hoping she retires.  Sorry, but just not a fan of hers.

I watched Maddies Instagram takeover this weekend...I’m almost positive that she said she was coming back...but honestly all the days are running together and the concept of time has no meaning anymore...

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 4/1/2020 at 9:56 PM, loveaux said:

You can be pissy all you want 🙂  You definitely have a reason to be!!!  Hope all are staying safe.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I watched Maddies Instagram takeover this weekend...I’m almost positive that she said she was coming back...but honestly all the days are running together and the concept of time has no meaning anymore...

They’re saving the stories...can’t see any mention on re-auditioning.

2 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Your correct only one that said it on their take over is savannah 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

41 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Your correct only one that said it on their take over is savannah 

Ah, ok. Maybe I dreamed it. Again, I’m losing all sense of time. I could have legitimately been thinking of Savannah. 

• Love 1

I am working from home, so I have the DCC channel on Pluto on in the background.  I am trying to imagine how they would cut a vet at finals and not invite them back into training camp using digital tryouts.  Can they even have Prelims, Semis and Finals?  So many questions.

49 minutes ago, Kimrs said:

I am working from home, so I have the DCC channel on Pluto on in the background.  I am trying to imagine how they would cut a vet at finals and not invite them back into training camp using digital tryouts.  Can they even have Prelims, Semis and Finals?  So many questions.

I am hoping this means more focus on what needs to get done instead of creating any drama.  But Kelli is going to be even more "our first game is in _________!!!😲😱😬" panicky.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kimrs said:

Can they even have Prelims, Semis and Finals?

Since it really looks like they're doing the digital thing, to me free-style prelims like they always do seems like a waste of time.  Candidates could be sent a routine to practice and perform for their audition tape. That could also weed out those "bucket list" people who don't have a chance in hell.

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Since it really looks like they're doing the digital thing, to me free-style prelims like they always do seems like a waste of time.  Candidates could be sent a routine to practice and perform for their audition tape. That could also weed out those "bucket list" people who don't have a chance in hell.

Exactly!!  Can they dance DCC style - yes or no?  Can they do kick line or the splits - yes or no?  And you can tell right away if they would look good in the uniform.  They don't have the time this year to include every step of the normal process.

• Love 6

Is it wrong of me to think they should require all the women trying out, new girls and returning DCC to wear bikinis and then turn in a circle slowly so they can imagine who would look good in the uniform?

1 hour ago, Kimrs said:

Is it wrong of me to think they should require all the women trying out, new girls and returning DCC to wear bikinis and then turn in a circle slowly so they can imagine who would look good in the uniform?

Why bikinis? That sounds more like Neil’s fantasy than professional auditions. They are auditioning in sport bras and shorts, i think looking good in these is enough...

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
20 hours ago, Kimrs said:

I hope CMT makes up its mind if it's going to have MTT this year soon so I can drop that part of my cable package if not.  I barely have the tv on for "news" and only have the cable package that includes CMT so I can catch it in reruns online (on a "normal" Friday, I'm supposed to be at our local hospital volunteering, but even THAT might be still on hold this fall due to #Covid19).

• Love 2